Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

https://twitter.com/peterdaou/status/1323836570982584322?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Stringent posted:

you just found one!

My wife has Crohn's Disease and takes a medication that costs $28K a month. She's going to die within a year or two of the ACA being struck down, you loving twat.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

NE-2 and AZ are going Biden, which means that with WI and MI (very doable) he won’t even need PA and will wind up with 270 votes exactly. Would be a pretty lol-worthy outcome so here’s hoping.

Apr 7, 2003

and no, the company that manufactures Stellara will not cut her a break just because she becomes permanently uninsurable after the ban on rescission goes through. Shithead.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

NoJoers: please summarize, right here, why your vote is more important potentially than the lives of me and my fellow queer disabled leftist posters.

Apr 7, 2003

Roosevelt posted:

i think biden is a piece of poo poo

but i want trump out out out. i want him to be prosecuted and stripped of his federal protections. i'm running on a platform of hate right now

hey

get this

he doesn't have federal protections

There is no law keeping him from being indicted

they aren't indicting him because this country doesn't punish the rich

that won't change once he leaves office

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

My wife has Crohn's Disease and takes a medication that costs $28K a month. She's going to die within a year or two of the ACA being struck down, you loving twat.

i really feel for you and your wife and i wish that you could both move to canada.

Apr 7, 2003

A surprising number of people in this country think the president is immune from prosecution or investigation.

He is not.

In fact, if he were, the primary tool of impeachment, the subpoena, would be worthless.

Apr 7, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

i really feel for you and your wife and i wish that you could both move to canada.

I really don't care to preside over my wife going through multiple colon resections until she runs out.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Love those drug names where you can’t tell at all what it does.

If I had a drug for crohn’s disease I’d call it “No poo poo!” And advertise with those blue-background style infomercials.

Apr 7, 2003

Fortaleza posted:

Love those drug names where you can’t tell at all what it does.

If I had a drug for crohn’s disease I’d call it “No poo poo!” And advertise with those blue-background style infomercials.

At some point in the early 90s everything got turned into copyrightable phrases, ie Bell Atlantic turning into Verizon.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

The DNC struck down M4A and legal weed by overwhelming margins as part of their platform at the start of their convention. Those are the most popular policies in America and both of them poll 50%+ with republicans. They didn't want to win.

yeah their drug policy more than anything signals to me they're controlled opposition. we have probably the worst prison system on earth. 80% of dc voted to decriminalize psychedelic plants and OR allows mushrooms for therapeutic use and there's not a peep on the federal level. Obama joked about smoking weed but made no progress on undoing the extreme injustices caused by prohibition at the federal level. every town in america has been affected by opiate abuse. and we cram more and more people in to prison for no reason at all. lives destroyed for profits

the DNC couldn't throw out a token policy to the left to court votes for student debt or medical access or drug reform. they don't give any more fucks about you than the RNC as evidenced by their attempts to court your vote. instead you get a cop VP

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Trump will face state charges in NY because he’s hosed with other rich peoples’ money there.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

remember when trump expanded all of this poo poo even more, turned us agents into baby snatchers, and groped a lot more girls?

whataboutism needs to go in the garbage

Apr 7, 2003

PokeJoe posted:

yeah their drug policy more than anything signals to me they're controlled opposition. we have probably the worst prison system on earth. 80% of dc voted to decriminalize psychedelic plants and OR allows mushrooms for therapeutic use and there's not a peep on the federal level. Obama joked about smoking weed but made no progress on undoing the extreme injustices caused by prohibition at the federal level. every town in america has been affected by opiate abuse. and we cram more and more people in to prison for no reason at all. lives destroyed for profits

the DNC couldn't throw out a token policy to the left to court votes for student debt or medical access or drug reform. they don't give any more fucks about you than the RNC as evidenced by their attempts to court your vote. instead you get a cop VP

There's no reason for this election to even be this close, they are controlled opposition.

Fortaleza posted:

Trump will face state charges in NY because he’s hosed with other rich peoples’ money there.

If New York wanted to indict Trump tomorrow they could. There are no statutory reasons they can't.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Fortaleza posted:

NE-2 and AZ are going Biden, which means that with WI and MI (very doable) he won’t even need PA and will wind up with 270 votes exactly. Would be a pretty lol-worthy outcome so here’s hoping.

winning with the literal minimum possible number of votes would be a good outcome, and totally appropriate for biden

Apr 7, 2003

"The president is immune to prosecution" is a load of horseshit and I have no idea why that idea is perpetuated. Nixon wouldn't have resigned but for an incoming federal indictment.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

D.C. once voted for legal weed but then congress said “lol nope” and negated the peoples’ vote.

Apr 7, 2003

Roosevelt posted:

remember when trump expanded all of this poo poo even more, turned us agents into baby snatchers, and groped a lot more girls?

Voting for a candidate who reflects your ideals isn't "whataboutism".

I busted my rear end canvassing for Bernie in PA to get him on the ballot in Allegheny County back in Jan/Feb. I sucked it up and voted for Biden. I voted for Clinton in 2016. Neither of those last two has done poo poo. At least I can feel good about the first.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

winning with the literal minimum possible number of votes would be a good outcome, and totally appropriate for biden

Right?? Everyone being wrong about everything and the dems just barely winning despite themselves fits 2020 like a final piece in a freshly made jigsaw puzzle.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

The DNC struck down M4A and legal weed by overwhelming margins as part of their platform at the start of their convention. Those are the most popular policies in America and both of them poll 50%+ with republicans. They didn't want to win.
This. all these the liberals getting mad yelling about poor latinos for not voting The Right Way or an insigifcant 0.01% of california voters for not adding to a worthless popular vote count are missing the point entirely. Libs should be mad at the Tom Perezes, the Obamas, the James Carvilles, the Jamie Dimons, the DC think tank elites, the lanyards, and all those other ghouls running the show who purposely threw the election because they didn't want to win. Vote-shaming people (either way) or trying to blame russia or trying to blame minorites or trying to blame ___ is exactly what the leaders want to you to do because it means you aren't looking at them

They purposely did not want to win.

Apr 7, 2003

CarpenterWalrus posted:

I'm also gonna just come out and say it: gently caress leftist accelerationists. gently caress you.

IT BEGINS

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Kazinsal posted:

NoJoers: please summarize, right here, why your vote is more important potentially than the lives of me and my fellow queer disabled leftist posters.

the same way your determination to keep voting for these neoliberal ghouls is more important than universal health care, meaningful criminal justice reform or a green new deal i guess?

(neither has any meaningful effect whatsoever)

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

WTF is going on with michigan, wisconsin, and pennsylvania?

tori????

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Kazinsal posted:

I think the bigger issue everyone is going to have to figure out what they’re going to do about the 65mil+ people that voted for trump more than the 500k left-wing nojoes that did not

the nojoers had absolutely 0 effect on the election and the only ones that might have stayed home amidst one of the highest turnout elections in US history, which means going after posters itt accomplishes nothing but leftward punching.

also don’t you live in western Canada?

Apr 7, 2003

Roosevelt posted:

tori????

Absentee ballots are all paper and are going to take a while to count.

Prez n' friends are gonna try to get that count thrown out if they don't count them before midnight 11/03.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Nearly all of the positive things here in Oregon passed so I’m feeling pretty good overall!

Free preschool for every child in the county paid for by taxes on high earners

Decriminalized possession of small amounts of drugs like heroin and meth, with tax revenue from legal pot being redirected to rehab programs

Legalized therapeutic use of Psilocybin

Higher taxes on tobacco and nicotine vapes (this tends to hurt the poor more, but it does reduce smoking and vaping and tends to help poor children more with lack of exposure so I’m still for it)

New independent oversight board for the pigs at PPB

On the negatory side a regional measure for a payroll tax to fund billions of (largely light rail) infrastructure failed, and a shithead that took money from the cop union made it onto city council :/

Can’t always win ‘em all but we came drat close.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Roosevelt posted:

tori????

something like 3million michigan ballots are absentee
our gov said they wouldnt be voted before friday,which means trump wont vote them at all

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Roosevelt posted:

whataboutism is what you just did in this post, it’s not what peter daou did in his tweet

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

just out of curiosity, what is a therapeutic use for Psilocybin

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Fortaleza posted:

Nearly all of the positive things here in Oregon passed so I’m feeling pretty good overall!

Free preschool for every child in the county paid for by taxes on high earners

Decriminalized possession of small amounts of drugs like heroin and meth, with tax revenue from legal pot being redirected to rehab programs

Legalized therapeutic use of Psilocybin

Higher taxes on tobacco and nicotine vapes (this tends to hurt the poor more, but it does reduce smoking and vaping and tends to help poor children more with lack of exposure so I’m still for it)

New independent oversight board for the pigs at PPB

On the negatory side a regional measure for a payroll tax to fund billions of (largely light rail) infrastructure failed, and a shithead that took money from the cop union made it onto city council :/

Can’t always win ‘em all but we came drat close.

good poo poo

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Roosevelt posted:

migraine headaches and schizophrenia iirc

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Roosevelt posted:

your current mental state

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Roosevelt posted:

The ad I saw was an ex navy SEAL talking about it working for his PTSD.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Roosevelt posted:

i want him to be prosecuted

lol

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

migraine headaches and schizophrenia iirc

Stringent posted:

your current mental state

Fortaleza posted:

The ad I saw was an ex navy SEAL talking about it working for his PTSD.

can someone ship me 1000 grams of psylosybin asap

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

It’s prescription only and under doctor supervision at certain licensed facilities IIRC. It was a really thought out measure.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
every single bit of media for the last few days: so folks it's gonna be tight and we won't know on the 3rd and the numbers will look skewed because the mail in votes aren't all counted and and and
america: :kingsley:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Fortaleza posted:

It’s prescription only and under doctor supervision at certain licensed facilities IIRC. It was a really thought out measure.

lol so the doctor sits there and watches you trip balls for an hour? do they show you pictures of cats or something?