Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

haveblue posted:

I haven't played hades (really want to but waiting for the ps4 version) but reportedly it takes _____10______ clears to see all of the story content

it's that many clears to get to the credits, but there's a lot more post-credits. that's kind of just an "end of act I" thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
oh it isn’t out for ps4 yet? lol n/m

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Eeyo posted:

the bow is one of my favorites. it must just be play style or something, i just sit back and plink away at enemies from far away and it works pretty well. you can easily keep everything at arms length and dodge away from the bad stuff. alternatively the special can be emphasized by going very close range and trying to get every shot in the enemy you want dead.

Wait until you unlock The Gun because I've had the most fun with the modifications you can get along the way for that weapon.
Hades is good but it took me a bit of time for it to all click.

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

haveblue posted:

I haven't played hades (really want to but waiting for the ps4 version) but reportedly it takes _____10______ clears to see all of the story content

theres an ez mode sword you can unlock to get those.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
https://twitter.com/ennexthefox/status/1323011361794916352?s=21

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_kGJBv6Wr4

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

i just finished swords of ditto, a rogue-like zeldamans and it's good

currently playing carto, a weird map based puzzle fame with good are which is also good

both are available on the microshaft xbone gapeass

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
hades is great but the main conflict/mystery is stupid and contrived and the characterization is all shallow.

mum left because zag died at childbirth but he was actually resurrected and nobody told her for some reason. now she won't come back because she doesn't want to see her family. the solution is to see her family at a dinner party.

why do humans need to fear hell anyway?

i think the fan response to the characters is just because the art is so good. i realize i am in the minority on this.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

crepeface posted:

i think the fan response to the characters is just because the art is so good. i realize i am in the minority on this.

The art IS good but the fan response is a bit much even for me.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
it's because people are horny for hades

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
the plot makes sense because it’s the greek gods and they were famously insanely dumb and horny - that’s why people like them so much it’s like real people

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

humans: gently caress with the bull, you get the horns
zeus: gently caress with the bull, you say...?

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Mad Wack posted:

the plot makes sense because it’s the greek gods and they were famously insanely dumb and horny - that’s why people like them so much it’s like real people

was going to say, i haven't played it, but the description sure sounds like a greek drama sort of thing. a bunch of human drama that makes sense only in isolation, a broader framework with no logic whatsoever, and things magical closure at the end.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

3D Megadoodoo posted:

humans: gently caress with the bull, you get the horns
zeus: gently caress with the bull, you say...?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'm gonna do my next Fallout 4 run as Leda and try to romance Swan.

e: Remember if you named your character Buffy and had certain clothes on in Fallout or Fallout 2 (gosh it's been a long time) there was special dialogue? Maybe they did that with the name Leda in Fallout 4!!! (They didn't.)

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

bought hades, seems fun

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Mad Wack posted:

i love greek mythology and hades is pretty accurate but it doesn't mean the characters aren't shallow and the conflict isn't contrived. realism doesn't mean you get a satisfying narrative.

it's still miles better than your average roguelike though

crepeface fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Nov 3, 2020

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I just realized there are stores owned by the group that owns my employer that sell Sony Play Station Five home computer systems, and I get an employee discount in all those stores :thunk:

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
can you even find any? they're sold out everywhere here

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

crepeface posted:

can you even find any? they're sold out everywhere here

Well I'm not going to buy a home computer video game console at loving launch, now am I?

Give it a year.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i've been playing metro exodus, and there's a part where your wife is sad, and she lays her head down in your lap to complain, and there's like a "press F to console" function where you can rub her arm and she looks up at you endearingly. i think a lot of gamers lead very sad lives

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Roosevelt posted:

i've been playing metro exodus, and there's a part where your wife is sad, and she lays her head down in your lap to complain, and there's like a "press F to console" function where you can rub her arm and she looks up at you endearingly. i think a lot of gamers lead very sad lives
yeah that part was pretty cheesy

at least they made it so to get the good ending you don’t have to listen to every little thing everyone says and do stuff like that anymore

i always drink all the whiskey and smoke with comrades (blyat) between missions and drink what i imagine is whiskey from a canteen before fastforwarding to night or day. that’s part of the experience

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
there's a bit in the Darkness game where you can sit down on the couch with your girlfriend and watch an entire feature film in real time

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I enjoyed that game, but don't remember that scene

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

haveblue posted:

there's a bit in the Darkness game where you can sit down on the couch with your girlfriend and watch an entire feature film in real time
it’s To Kill A Mockingbird, of all things

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

haveblue posted:

It was the first time I saw that film :newlol:

Also the game was all sorts of "well it would've been good IF"

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Roosevelt posted:

blyat voice my wife

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

3D Megadoodoo posted:

blyat voice my wife

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I remember thinking that game ruled so I’m definitely gonna buy it and see.

anyone in here play beat saber? I beat my saber about every night. some of the official song packs are iffy to bad but there’s way more good and fun songs than not.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I used to play it but now I can't because I'm afraid I'll bisect a cat with a move controller

it was fun but got old pretty fast once I hit my skill ceiling. great workout though

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Fart Sandwiches posted:

It's been 40 000 years since I played it but I remember the controls being not great, and also the whole aesthetique isn't something that appeals to me at all. But people seem to love games with absolutely dogshit controls, like Whatever Souls, so vOv

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Fart Sandwiches posted:

anyone in here play beat saber? I beat my saber about every night. some of the official song packs are iffy to bad but there’s way more good and fun songs than not.

all of the official song packs are real bad. imagine dragons? imagine a good band lmao

game is fun tho, just mod it to take 3rd party songs unless you’re on PS4 in which case :rip:

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

3D Megadoodoo posted:

that game was good :colbert:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

is to catch a mockingbird in the public domain now or what?

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

hades is addictive and im getting a good feeling for intuitively making choices. i just unlocked the gun and still need to get the bow down; the spear feels like my best but unlocking the fists has been the best for progress for me

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

all of the official song packs are real bad. imagine dragons? imagine a good band lmao

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

imagine dragons is great if you want to relive a full summer of commercial background songs from the early 10s

edit: radioactive was the promo for a syfy mmo/show defiance and all it reminds me of is moody promos and xbox 360 games

Agile Vector fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Nov 4, 2020

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Fart Sandwiches posted:

I beat my saber about every night.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I'm glad we don't have data caps on home broadband any more

One Hundred and Eleven Gigabytes for fucks sake :eyepop:

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I'm glad we don't have data caps on home broadband any more

One Hundred and Eleven Gigabytes for fucks sake :eyepop:
and thats before it starts downloading the patches!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

what's the current state of vr

is it still just over-priced hardware with a bunch of gimmick games and apps or has someone built something actually good yet