Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Roosevelt posted:

tbh now is probably the best time to visit. i went to glacier in july, and they had half the park closed off because the reservation to the east cut access. there were so many people, it felt like i was in disneyland

the east side/res is still closed and the main road through the west side was closed a few miles in due to snow. but yeah, hardly anyone there due to the weather. i plan on going back in spring/fall with some bikes and posting up in a hotel somewhere and biking all day every day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

spankmeister posted:

America is such a gorgeous country. I have experienced parts of it and would like to see more.

rail is such a great way to disconnect and see how beautiful it is in the connecting areas. its kind of wild to be chugging along and suddenly an amazing vista just pops up for an hour while you eat dinner

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Yeah it's a great idea. A good friend of mine lives in Washington state and I had planned to visit him this summer and then go off to crater lake and maybe a roadtrip to Glacier and Yellowstone or something.

Of course that didn't happen for obvious reasons but it might next year and I'll definitely keep going by rail in mind!

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I'm glad Emo Philips is still getting work.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i took a train trip from seattle to LA on amtrak last year and it was pretty great. a lot of nice views. a lot of good mountain stuff also happened overnight, so we couldn't see it

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
when i was a kid we took a train from austin to tucson and I have so many good memories. the observation car was the dopest poo poo i've ever seen and if we didn't spend 3457389 hours stopped in san antonio for no discernable reason i'd have probably become a lifelong train rider

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

took a train from kansas city to flagstaff, was p good but the train wobbled a lot, and a couple weeks later the same train derailed in ks

tried taking a train from la to san jose but it was delayed several hours because the engine broke and then they needed to wait for a replacement engine. the train got as far as burbank or smth then had to crawl backwards back to the station. ended up getting tickets refunded and doing a one-way rental

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

i took the train from seattle to glacier NP in montana and it was, well

it was cold and wet and gray almost the entire time but when the sun poked out it was incredible. spent a few nights camping on BLM land and didn't see other people for days

glacier is incredible and even with the folks in tow (so no backcountry stuff) and visiting more in-season with tons of people around it was well worth the time. we went up into the canadian end and that was nice too.

how long the glaciers actually last is a 'nother matter :sigh:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
poo poo those montana photos look good

I just got back from 4 day hike. 33 miles. gently caress my body is sore.. and my legs oh my god. i slipped about 20 mins in and hurt my knee which persisted the whole time lol

there’s a picture of a cloud

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

:eyepop: :yayclod:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
most of the pics I took on the walk I did with my phone coz of convenience and rain but these are a few I got with slr

some of the videos walking thru the forest I got with my phone are sick, I'll share later

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

got out to some nature yesterday. I didn't stay out long because it was considerably stormy

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
good poo poo! where dat

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

nice!

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

bug friend

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

every day is a new horror

went outside

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
nice, that looks awesome

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

made it out to Laguna Big Lake. it was full of coots

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

need some lake time

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

really love that trail

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

I need some time being stranded in the mountains, just me and the absolute silence

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i wandered around in the rain yesterday

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

nice, where's that if you don't mind telling?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

RustyKnight posted:

Looks like the underworld level in Skyrim?

:shrug:

E: What light mod are you using though?

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

RustyKnight posted:

nowhere secret, it's the redmond watershed preserve

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

if you add those Hylian shrooms to a couple Lizalfos tails you’ll get a nice stew with a stamina boost.

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

Back up in this thread with the resurrection

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

it's hard to take interesting pictures when the sun isn't out

montana

montana

seattle on thanksgiving

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

it's hard to take interesting pictures when the sun isn't out

:wrong:

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

montana

montana

seattle on thanksgiving

:hmmyes:

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!
Don't know if Global Warming or Extremely Mild Pacific Northwest winter, but flowers are blooming.

Magnolia trees, yay. :allears:

Cars are returning to the earth, Mother Nature is healing!

god bless ya, wealthy smooth-brained people.

Coffee Jones fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Dec 4, 2020

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!
Marina plus waterfront park. Some of these houses are built on steep hills where the front door and back yard are on two separate levels.
Don't know why anyone would ever want a boat, unless I was had a deep need to entertain personal and business guests, but...

reclaimed train tracks through town makes for a nice trail.

Coffee Jones fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Dec 4, 2020

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

these are some nice pictures, I'm shaking to go out myself and hike some mountains

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Coffee Jones posted:

reclaimed train tracks through town makes for a nice trail.

Kinda rough on the trains though, isn't it?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

lol

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

after a pitched battle with a mosquito left me wide awake at 5am I went out for a walk

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

qirex posted:

after a pitched battle with a mosquito left me wide awake at 5am I went out for a walk

Did you win, though?

:ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

this is one of my teachers from high school. he's getting close to sixty years old. the photo was taken this month. he spends his time teaching people how to surf and taking them on guided expeditions in the wilderness

i sit in a little room and poke a keybaord to try and make a dumb machine with a bad OS do stuff. i just want to leave tech behind and wander o