Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Edit*
I hope they declare the thing a total loss so I can scrap the drat thing. It's a 2018 Dual Motor with referral wheels and 38,446 miles.

If they do, can I call dibs on the buyback? :glomp: (there's no vulture smiley)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

meatpimp posted:

If they do, can I call dibs on the buyback? :glomp: (there's no vulture smiley)

Come to SoCal and you are more than welcome to the car.

Edit* Including the original curb-rashed wheels!

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

What the crud kind of barrel was that? Like an orange traffic barrel or metal barrel full of FU?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Somewhat Heroic posted:

What the crud kind of barrel was that? Like an orange traffic barrel or metal barrel full of FU?

Construction barrel it looked like. It easily weighed 50kg. Just thinking back, a foot to the left and it could have easily gone through my windshield and into my face.

FlapYoJacks fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Nov 4, 2020

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Come to SoCal and you are more than welcome to the car.

Edit* Including the original curb-rashed wheels!

No joke, I'd do it and map a supercharger route back to Ohio. And make a thread.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Based on my internet bodyshop appraisal skills, I think that's a total. Fingers crossed for both of you! Will be watching that thread.

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice

meatpimp posted:

No joke, I'd do it and map a supercharger route back to Ohio. And make a thread.

:f5:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Ether Frenzy posted:

Based on my internet bodyshop appraisal skills, I think that's a total. Fingers crossed for both of you! Will be watching that thread.

It's going to be close. The soonest I can get a tesla body to look at it is the 24th

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Man if I had any spare cash (or time, or space) right now I would be all over that as a donor for a Grand Wagoneer or Justy 4WD EV swap. Oh well, guess it'll wait a few years.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
AI bidding war.....

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

RillAkBea posted:

After driving a BMW for about a year I'm super glad to be back to some Subaru goodness.

2009 Impreza WRX STI A-Line

Overall it's in fantastic condition. There's a few things I'd like to do like take off the rotten chip guard stickers and rip out all the excessive wiring that was on the crappy GPS it came with that was somehow literally older than the car itself. It also needs a speaker upgrade but that has to wait until my wallet has recovered.

In positive news I like this car

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Ether Frenzy posted:

AI bidding war.....

well I literally have almost no money right now so it looks like meatpimp wins by default.

(and I'm supposed to be selling the Grand Wagoneer prior to an upcoming 3000 mile move, not adding another car to the collection.)

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
Speaking of EV conversions. There is a dude selling a Clio Electrique for like $5k Has 6 i3 battery cells in it. Runs and drives. Feels like a bit of a dick move to buy an then use the driveline for something nicer than a Renault Clio from the 90's when he's just finished getting it on the road though.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Charles posted:

In positive news I like this car

Woah woah woah. Hold up! Who said a destroyed Model 3 isn’t positive news? :v:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Woah woah woah. Hold up! Who said a destroyed Model 3 isn’t positive news? :v:

Well it's electric so it has positives AND negatives...

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

MrOnBicycle posted:

Speaking of EV conversions. There is a dude selling a Clio Electrique for like $5k Has 6 i3 battery cells in it. Runs and drives. Feels like a bit of a dick move to buy an then use the driveline for something nicer than a Renault Clio from the 90's when he's just finished getting it on the road though.

Someone else's completed project is only slightly worse than someone else's uncompleted project as far as acquiring parts you need for your project. Buy it, drive it while you collect all the other bits for your donor than move the stuff over. Gives you a nice chance to test everything as a bonus.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Did a run up to Scotland last week. Highlights included absolutely throwing a fully-loaded 2-tonne estate around the Cairngorms national park and being utterly astounded by the grip and relative agility of this thing.

Oh, and hitting 150mph on an absolutely dead stretch of the M6 toll on the way home. :ninja:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Traded my lovely Yaris in for something better.

2021 Corolla Hatchback in Galaxy Aqua. Its my first dark colored car.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Took delivery of two vehicles today which, while being very different, share the exact same engine! The 3 liter KZ turbo diesel.

1993 Toyota HiAce

1994 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado

It happened to be sunset while we were stuffing them in our warehouse on account of the tropical storm, golden hour best hour.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Theophany posted:

Did a run up to Scotland last week. Highlights included absolutely throwing a fully-loaded 2-tonne estate around the Cairngorms national park and being utterly astounded by the grip and relative agility of this thing.

Oh, and hitting 150mph on an absolutely dead stretch of the M6 toll on the way home. :ninja:
FH4 hi-res update looking good

I am unreasonably jealous

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Interworld and the New Innocence

You did the right thing :wow:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

love car so drat much

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Powershift posted:

love car so drat much

I never get tired of seeing that car.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Powershift posted:

love car so drat much

You're not alone. :circlefap:

How large are the rear wheel wells on it? It looks like it can swallow some wide tires.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

McTinkerson posted:

You're not alone. :circlefap:

How large are the rear wheel wells on it? It looks like it can swallow some wide tires.

It's gonna take a little lifting and trimming and hammering, but I still think it will take OEM Wrangler rolling stock all the way around. At the expense of a little turning circle.

Those are 255/70r18 which means even if i can never make them fit, 31x10.5r15s should still fit. I just missed a whole summer/fall of messing with things to get it right. hopefully by spring i'll have a mini-resto done and everything the way i want it for now.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Powershift posted:

love car so drat much

Dress up as Uncle Buck everywhere you go. :dong:

I love my stupid Lexus still. It took me and my three kids up the canyon this morning for a winter hike to also play with toy cars.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

I love this shot.

What are the chances you could recreate this in 1:1 scale once your kids have drivers licenses?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
One side of it looks alright

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Beautiful. Are those Vorsteiner VFF-103s?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

BlackMK4 posted:

Considering how recently you thought you'd completely written the car off, this is a resounding success.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

BlackMK4 posted:

Hell yeah I want a go of this mf!!!

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

TenaciousTomato posted:

Beautiful. Are those Vorsteiner VFF-103s?

:cheers:

Negative, they are SVE SP2's, a replica of the factory PP2 wheels but 10lbs lighter per corner.

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

opengl128 posted:

:cheers:

Negative, they are SVE SP2's, a replica of the factory PP2 wheels but 10lbs lighter per corner.

Gorgeous, remind me of my Vors. Everything in this thread rules

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

BlackMK4 posted:

That looks like an illegal amount of fun.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

BlackMK4 posted:

Kinda looking at my NB different now... You got any footage of you banging gears in it?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

BlackMK4 posted:

looks like nothing happened!

Lets see the other side, c'mon

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

IOwnCalculus posted:

Considering how recently you thought you'd completely written the car off, this is a resounding success.

It feels like it to me, I'm glad I got invited to this event. There were only about ten of us there so I got 2.5hr of track time in before noon, which let me figure the car out and get some confidence in it. I never did figure the track out because I was more focused on the car. :v:

Bape Culture posted:

Hell yeah I want a go of this mf!!!

:love:

Theophany posted:

That looks like an illegal amount of fun.

It feels like driving a freight train, my friend and I overlaid data from the same day with his TT2 Exige and this stupid thing is pretty close down the straights, kinda absurd for a TT4 car. I drove his car on Hoosier A7s and it was just ridiculous under braking and corner grip.

Gigi Galli posted:

looks like nothing happened!

Lets see the other side, c'mon

:smith: I'm cutting the quarter out in a few weeks.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Kinda looking at my NB different now... You got any footage of you banging gears in it?
I have video from the quickest lap at this event but it's goddamn embarassing early apex / early turn-in city. First time at the track and I'd spent the day figuring out the car, so I never got the track down.
Terrible.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHx-jk7dpew

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Nov 23, 2020

jink
May 8, 2002

Drop it like it's Hot.
Taco Defender

BlackMK4 posted:

It feels like it to me, I'm glad I got invited to this event. There were only about ten of us there so I got 2.5hr of track time in before noon, which let me figure the car out and get some confidence in it. I never did figure the track out because I was more focused on the car. :v:

:love:

It feels like driving a freight train, my friend and I overlaid data from the same day with his TT2 Exige and this stupid thing is pretty close down the straights, kinda absurd for a TT4 car. I drove his car on Hoosier A7s and it was just ridiculous under braking and corner grip.

:smith: I'm cutting the quarter out in a few weeks.

I have video from the quickest lap at this event but it's goddamn embarassing early apex / early turn-in city. First time at the track and I'd spent the day figuring out the car, so I never got the track down.
Terrible.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHx-jk7dpew

drat that track is intense. I drove at NOLA Motorsports and it is nice and __flat__. Far easier to drive!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCWrNZyBO0w

(first time on a track)

That Miata looks like a blast. Loving your telemetry/rendering. :)

jink fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Nov 23, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

jink posted:

drat that track is intense. I drove at NOLA Motorsports and it is nice and __flat__. Far easier to drive!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36dKnrvIaIE

(first time on a track)

That Miata looks like a blast. Loving your telemetry/rendering. :)

Your video is private!

The AIM stuff is cool, but it has a 720p max record resolution since the data is overlaid live :(