Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Announce Kiryu, you cowards!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

mango sentinel posted:

Announce Kiryu, you cowards!

Kiryu is on his way to a Namco-made fighter, just not to Tekken........ :twisted:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Reiley posted:

Kiryu is on his way to a Namco-made fighter, just not to Tekken........ :twisted:

I'd buy Soulcalibur if Kiryu showed up, wielding a bike throughout the whole match.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Reiley posted:

Kiryu to DB FighterZ confirmed

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
you guys it's jump force

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Kiryu to DB FighterZ confirmed

i would start playing again

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
We can finally see if Kiryu is stronger than Goku.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

goku has hosed
goku has killed

pure kiryu is the clear 10-0 winner

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Reiley posted:

But he’s not even a Pokemon

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
This sounds pretty bad

https://twitter.com/BleepinComputer/status/1324389326843727875?s=19

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

:ohdear:

I do not like that

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

My fight money!

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Lol Capcom are incapable of not being owned or owning themselves. At least the fg side.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Company who tried to infect its customers with a rootkit virus gets infected by a rootkit virus. I dunno man, sounds like karma.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
Their secret rollback code is gonna be leaked.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

GGXXAC+R is pretty fun!

Haven't actually played any matches yet, which I should probably do before the rollback beta ends, but the game itself is just fun to mess around in.

Dizzy seems super good in the game as well, though I understand she's a bit of a glass cannon in that regard. Her pressure with the way you can extend the fish and her pretty decent normals seems strong, and her Air 2S is nutso good it looks like.

In all my attempting to FRC her ice spike I've gotten it like twice though. I'm trying to time it with the input window in training mode but it's really picky, and the timing is way different versus if you hit or whiff it which makes it doubly hard. I think I'm supposed to press the FRC basically within 3 frames of when the bar turns blue right?

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
I just started really playing fighting games this year during the pandemic. I bought SFV when it went on sale and have slowly been reacclimating myself to the game. I played a ton of SNES SF up until Alpha then dipped for years. I have SF4 but never played much. In all the years i played i never played human opponents, only ever against the CPU. I actually played my first online matches today and it was actually pretty fun. I won a few ranked matches and even got someone to quit mid match. I'm not very good but i can at least throw a fireball or Dragon punch 8 times out of 10. I'm rear end at charge characters though.

Anyway i read this thread all the time, and most of the time i have no idea what you guys are taking about, but i know you don't like SFV. I've bought quite a few fighting games this summer and I'm wondering if i should put my time into a different one. I have Guilty gear ACR and Xrd, fighting Ex layer, MVC3, tekken 7, MK10. Didn't love MK. Guilty gear accent was interesting but there was A LOT going on at once and was tough to keep up. Same with MVC. Haven't tried tekken yet because of the huge download. I did play Virtua fighter 4 back in the day, that was really hard but i liked the "reality" of it, no magic.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

You should play the game you find the most fun, there will always be some sort of community for the games in Discords and whatnot. Selfishly I'd say try Tekken if you can free up the HDD space, it's more or less the most "alive" fighting game on Steam and has a pretty active goon playerbase. There is much less poo poo on the screen to manage than the other games you listed, but comes with it's own depth and challenges.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hackers to reveal all the SFVI files is just a photogallery labeled "Juri - thicc"

night slime
May 14, 2014

Borrowed Ladder posted:

I just started really playing fighting games this year during the pandemic. I bought SFV when it went on sale and have slowly been reacclimating myself to the game. I played a ton of SNES SF up until Alpha then dipped for years. I have SF4 but never played much. In all the years i played i never played human opponents, only ever against the CPU. I actually played my first online matches today and it was actually pretty fun. I won a few ranked matches and even got someone to quit mid match. I'm not very good but i can at least throw a fireball or Dragon punch 8 times out of 10. I'm rear end at charge characters though.

Anyway i read this thread all the time, and most of the time i have no idea what you guys are taking about, but i know you don't like SFV. I've bought quite a few fighting games this summer and I'm wondering if i should put my time into a different one. I have Guilty gear ACR and Xrd, fighting Ex layer, MVC3, tekken 7, MK10. Didn't love MK. Guilty gear accent was interesting but there was A LOT going on at once and was tough to keep up. Same with MVC. Haven't tried tekken yet because of the huge download. I did play Virtua fighter 4 back in the day, that was really hard but i liked the "reality" of it, no magic.

If you're new and want to try something else outside of what you listed, there are a ton of SNK games for free if you use Amazon Prime and link it Twitch and don't mind a new game client. Just tried them the other day and was surprised at the actual amount. A few are barebones but most of them appear to be the same available on Steam/PS4. Edit: I guess this wasn't a recommendation request though. but I guess you should do what you want.

night slime fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Nov 6, 2020

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.

Borrowed Ladder posted:

Hey this was me a few years ago basically. I played SF2 for genesis as a kid, as an adult I bounced off SF4:AE after awhile but SFV was approachable/active enough for me to get me to start playing online/at locals. GGXrd was the first fighting game I really did a deep dive into.

I'd try stuff and play whatever clicks with you. UNI might be more your speed if GG/tag fighters are too much stimulation. Samsho is a good one too if you want something even less active. Tekken 7 is a good game overall. A lot of stuff you learn may be transferrable between games, so there are no wrong answers.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
SFV is a very approachable game and while it has a lot of flaws, so do a lot of games. If you enjoy it don't let it stop you, it's extremely active and that's pretty much the best thing you can ask out of any game, especially when you're starting out.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
My favorite thing about GGXXAC+R is that there's a reason to main all the characters. Some just take more effort to use effectively. I main testament and biken, but Kliff, Zappa, Potemkin, and justice all get played, and not many games are like that.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Tekken 7 is an incredible refinement of the tekken gameplay and it is very active. I'm not sure why, maybe cause the attacks come out slower, but I have an easier time reading tekken matches than other games.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Barudak posted:

Hackers to reveal all the SFVI files is just a photogallery labeled "Juri - thicc"

huh didnt know the arcsys twitter guy works for capcom too

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

in ggxxac+r on the may ship stage there's a bunch of characters who reference madoka magica. its cute and i can name every single one of them there except for one and i cannot figure out who she is supposed to be

can anyone here PLEASE help me figure out who she is. this has been bothering the hell out of me. someone has to know

Ms. Unsmiley fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Nov 6, 2020

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

sharrrk posted:

in ggxxac+r on the may ship stage there's a bunch of characters who reference madoka magica. its cute and i can name every single one of them there except for one and i cannot figure out who she is supposed to be

The rose in her hair and the shade of her hair, plus the way it mostly covers her face, makes me think she's meant to be Gertud?

Or, well, 'gertrud back when she was a magical girl.'

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Man it's messing with me that Madoka Magica is older than +R.

Barudak posted:

Sounds like capcom's on the right track.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Barudak posted:

don't get everyone's hopes up like that

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Freaking feet fetishists, at least the furries get some fun designs in

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
Sf6 source files, a .txt reading "brother, they dont even let me gently caress the play dough."

Barudak
May 7, 2007

A folder labeled "good netcode do not use"

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Endorph posted:

The rose in her hair and the shade of her hair, plus the way it mostly covers her face, makes me think she's meant to be Gertud?

oh that's a good catch. i think you're right since they did something similar for kyubey. thank you, now i can sleep peacefully

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Endorph posted:

thats totally it, they even both have roses in their hair

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
I wish there was a way to be able to switch between the Madoka crew and the Haruhi crew for May's stage without changing versions.

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

Hey so I run the occasional fighting game tournament and I also do a bunch of charity stuff. This week those two things collide with Extra Life, where a lot of fighting games are being foughtgamed for Children's Miracle Network of hospitals--a charity that provides medical aid to children regardless of their family's ability to pay. We've raised $19,000 over the last four years and are trucking along some more while we FIGHT [for] THE KIDS.

Here, just watch.

https://twitter.com/TraceComplete/status/1315774403272224768

We've rescheduled another event to lead into it, so this one's gonna be a bonkers weekend of Tekken before Sunday even rolls around. The "do it as a 1080p flyer" FGC thing makes this one look like a disaster but let's go:

If you play Tekken and you are in the Eastern or Central time zones...you should come by. It's five bucks to play and I match all entry donations up to $500.

But more than that: we run some good-rear end productions but we mostly run them for Tekken or occasionally Street Fighter V so we can get yelled at by our locals. As much as it sometimes pains me, though, other games do exist. So would you like to see a loving great show run for a game of your choice? That can be arranged; any fighting game that raises $200 (drop the name in the donation comments) gets itself a full TC production, no matter how dumb. The discord is already plotting Masters of Teras Kasi and I will make that happen. Full-on TC major treatment--trailers, promos, and all.

It's going to be a good time, it's for a good cause, and honestly it's mostly Nazzadan's fault so blame him. BYE

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

I regret nothing

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I'm pretty sure I'll be on Gamer Feud for that stream tonight around 8pm est. I'm excited.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

AFashionableHat posted:

Hey so I run the occasional fighting game tournament and I also do a bunch of charity stuff. This week those two things collide with Extra Life, where a lot of fighting games are being foughtgamed for Children's Miracle Network of hospitals--a charity that provides medical aid to children regardless of their family's ability to pay. We've raised $19,000 over the last four years and are trucking along some more while we FIGHT [for] THE KIDS.

Here, just watch.

https://twitter.com/TraceComplete/status/1315774403272224768

We've rescheduled another event to lead into it, so this one's gonna be a bonkers weekend of Tekken before Sunday even rolls around. The "do it as a 1080p flyer" FGC thing makes this one look like a disaster but let's go:

If you play Tekken and you are in the Eastern or Central time zones...you should come by. It's five bucks to play and I match all entry donations up to $500.

But more than that: we run some good-rear end productions but we mostly run them for Tekken or occasionally Street Fighter V so we can get yelled at by our locals. As much as it sometimes pains me, though, other games do exist. So would you like to see a loving great show run for a game of your choice? That can be arranged; any fighting game that raises $200 (drop the name in the donation comments) gets itself a full TC production, no matter how dumb. The discord is already plotting Masters of Teras Kasi and I will make that happen. Full-on TC major treatment--trailers, promos, and all.

It's going to be a good time, it's for a good cause, and honestly it's mostly Nazzadan's fault so blame him. BYE

Dang I haven't played Tekken lately, but I'm generally always down to get my rear end beat for a good cause

The donation for a full a production is such a good idea as well. Hopefully people take you up on it for some of the seriously wild games out there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

Elvis_Maximus posted:

Dang I haven't played Tekken lately, but I'm generally always down to get my rear end beat for a good cause

The donation for a full a production is such a good idea as well. Hopefully people take you up on it for some of the seriously wild games out there

You too may have Anakin struggling to say something meaningful about your play

(happens to me all the time)