Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Mr. Nice! posted:

allegheny county will probably flip pa for biden. tori should be proud.

tori's very own vote will be the one that flips it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
2024 election idea: electoral points are randomly distributed amongst states after polls close

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I love reading about Philly

would never live there though

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
knife shoes, or skates as they're known outside philadelphia

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
the iraqi guy throwing his shoes at dubya only it's some goombah whipping batteries at trump

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

EH, 'ERE'S A KISS FROM PHILLY! *grabs crotch*

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Sagebrush posted:

tori's very own vote will be the one that flips it.

a friend of mine was one of those people who were sent the wrong ballot that’s being saved for last to count. so it legit could be someone i know. feels good man

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
https://twitter.com/TommySack/status/1324061862544232451?s=20

oh no

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

lol. how long before that gets yanked?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

when's the counts finishing in NV?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Stringent posted:

that's been one of the most interesting aspects of a lot of leftist twitter. they've actually managed to deploy id/race as an obstacle to discussing class and material redistribution about as effectively as the GOP did with the southern strategy back in the 70s.

yeah. reducing everyone to just working class doesn’t really work since the lived experience of a PoC or LGBTQ+ working class individual will not be anywhere similar to the lived experienced of a white cishet dude, and by asking questions then comparing and contrasting a white dudes experience to that of a person of colour or LGBTQ+ person really brings into scope that wow even tho we’re all on the same side, the bourgeoisie have done an incredible job of adding a shitload of hierarchy to the working class, and we just let them do it to us.

once that is out of the way in my experience people have a much better understanding of why BLM or LGBTQ+ folks are mad enough to be marching in the streets. some literature suggests that these marginalised working class (lumpen proletariat) are the real working class and should lead the vanguard of the revolution, but then imo that goes to class reductionism in the other way, tho for an arguably good reason

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

KoRMaK posted:

never :unsmigghh:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

KoRMaK posted:

the 12th

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

graph posted:

the 12th

lmao

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

what an incredible image of the future of america

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

infernal machines posted:

what an incredible image of the future of america

i mean joe biden is at least less visually unappealing, if only by a hair

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

unabashedly going bald for 40 years

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

kitten emergency posted:

i mean joe biden is at least less visually unappealing, if only by a hair

and that's with all of trump's fake hair, too

not to hairshame it's just that he's so incredibly, improbably vain

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

the moment my hair started thinning to the point my barber noticed it I had them shave it all off and now I save money by using cremo every night

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

regrettably I was only 23 and had nice ginger hair

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

psiox posted:

and that's with all of trump's fake hair, too

not to hairshame it's just that he's so incredibly, improbably vain

the real absurd thing is that he still thinks he is incredibly knock-out handsome and good looking

matti
Mar 31, 2019

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Roosevelt posted:

the real absurd thing is that he still thinks he is incredibly knock-out handsome and good looking

Pathological narcissism really does a number on you

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Pathological narcissism really does a number on you

your personal affirmations probably work better in a mirror but go off

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Roosevelt posted:

i'm not going to post it, but go look up the portrait of him that hangs in mar-a-lago. it's called "the visionary."

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Cold on a Cob posted:

your personal affirmations probably work better in a mirror but go off

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

decided to check one facebook (lol) to see what friends of friends are saying

Only registered members can see post attachments!

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

fart simpson posted:

more like Figlmaoli

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Figlomarfoli

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

reducing everyone to just working class doesn’t really work since the lived experience of a PoC or LGBTQ+ working class individual will not be anywhere similar to the lived experienced of a white cishet dude

Being poor, overworked, underpaid, loaded down with debt, bled dry by rent prices, uninsured with no prospects of any of that ever improving are lived experiences.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Stringent posted:

Being poor, overworked, underpaid, loaded down with debt, bled dry by rent prices, uninsured with no prospects of any of that ever improving are lived experiences.

yes, white cis male, and indigenous trans female have the same experience

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

The Fool posted:

that’s not what he’s trying to say, he’s talking about finding common struggles to build solidarity

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

arguing over whose experiences make whom a truer comrade is stupid and counterproductive

like one of those loving quizzes where you add up your "privilege points"

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

https://twitter.com/DavMicRot/status/1324572669195522048

klosterdev
Oct 10, 2006

Na na na na na na na na Batman!

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

fart simpson posted:

that’s not what he’s trying to say, he’s talking about finding common struggles to build solidarity

stop trying to tamp down my knee jerk rage

Kazinsal posted:

my privilege is louder

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

fart simpson posted:

If I don’t get what I want, it’s fraud.

These people have had it so good for so long that when one single thing doesn’t go their way they lose their minds.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Kazinsal posted:

arguing over whose experiences make whom a truer comrade is stupid and counterproductive

arguing over it is very dumb, yes, but walking people through why PoC and LGBTQ+ and women need further liberation before we can really make headway as a unified class is pretty essential to making headway on the whole “class consciousness” deal

intersectionality is less about keeping a score card and more about being cognisant of the differing struggles of the working class and helping them in areas that are ignored by pure class politics. yes, raising the minimum wage to $20/hr obviously helps the poor, but if it’s largely only helping a subset of the poor because public transportation hasn’t been addressed or because people are just avoiding hiring the various minorities then it just continues to disenfranchise those groups.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

The Fool posted:

Should poor white and black people in the 30s (or today) not have unionized? Their experiences were radically different. Labor movements figured out pretty quick that building common ground is key, isn’t that what solidarity means?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
turns out you need a phd in gender studies to run a political campaign based on taking money from rich ppl and giving it to poor ppl