Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
The only good ending is the harem route

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

thetoughestbean posted:

The only good ending is the harem route

Agreed that Najimi x All Their Childhood Friends is the only good ending.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Dropped a phone on my face more times than I care to admit.

:same: Tadano, :same:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

CannonFodder posted:

Dropped a phone on my face more times than I care to admit.

:same: Tadano, :same:

I spoke with a girl who did that and it landed on her tooth and snapped a piece off

I don't hold my phone above my face anymore

Highest Cactus
Jul 25, 2007

News: Mysterious illegal cookies seized. "Tastes terrible," says police.

My friend was browsing kitchenware on amazon and accidentally ordered a full set of pans with her face once

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
It's time for a Smash Numa Bros tournament featuring everyone's "favorite" character

Merry Christmas!

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Oct 15, 2020

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
wow, a yamai chapter with a good ending. we are living in strange times.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Turns out Yamai is okay when she gets brutally annihilated at the end of her chapters

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

turns out Najimi has been watching those russian slap tournaments

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Najimi is the great equalizer, invariably dragging everyone down to her level.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Who were the girls in the noob game, I don’t remember two of them

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Najimi saved this chapter

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

thetoughestbean posted:

The fourth match? Onigashima-san is the girl who gets mad at poo poo (she first showed up back in Volume 9), and Makeru-chan is that hyper-competitive girl who is constantly trying to beat Komi at everything and always ends up losing.

Also, Kishi-san from the third match is the Knight Girl who never speaks and whose face is usually obscured by her helmet, other people or word balloons. This is notably the first time we've actually gotten to see her face.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

thetoughestbean posted:

Don't remember who Makeru is but the leftmost girl is the one who gets really scary when angry (even Yamai is scared of her when she's angry), if I recall.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Najima slaps that break the sick twisted game.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

W.T. Fits posted:

Makeru-chan is that hyper-competitive girl who is constantly trying to beat Komi at everything and always ends up losing.

She also ran the Benusupo stall at the festival.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

SpacePig posted:

She also ran the Benusupo stall at the festival.

...EXQUISITE

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Sasaki still best girl I see.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I love that her name is literally like "I don't wanna lose!".

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Three short chaps.

It's New Year's in October!

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
lol they forgot a text box. Also i dont think we've ever seen a komi with only half owl eyes and a dot mouth.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
This chapter is no laughing matter!

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I've never seen a manga that referenced Gaki no Tsukai's 24 hour no laughing new years show. Even referenced the thai kick.

I'm sure there are others, but it's the first i've seen.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

In which Najimi and Hitomi continue their battle for the title of "Most Annoying Character." (Note that this is not the same as being "Worst Character," as Yamai has firmly cemented that position for herself.)

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

I've never seen a manga that referenced Gaki no Tsukai's 24 hour no laughing new years show. Even referenced the thai kick.

I'm sure there are others, but it's the first i've seen.

I remember watching at least Seitokai Yakuindomo and maybe one other where they watch an off-screen TV and you hear the "DAN DAAAN! TEAM OUTO!" and it really weirded me out.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

And that's how Tadano stole Najimi's new years money

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
A goddess!

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
This translation completely missed a joke. On the second to last page where Komi is proud of buying the charm, if says "she doesn't get it" but it should be "she hasn't noticed." The thing she hasn't noticed is that she got the wrong kind of charm. Komorebi needs a charm for luck on exams, but Komi bought a charm that is for pregnant people who are praying for a safe delivery.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
I finally caught up so I can read the thread again, was too worried about spoilers lol

Trip report after catching up:

Yamai-Ren still sucks

Komi Shuuko remains undefeated

I think Kometani is my favorite character minus his feelings about Manbagi’s makeup

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Wittgen posted:

This translation completely missed a joke. On the second to last page where Komi is proud of buying the charm, if says "she doesn't get it" but it should be "she hasn't noticed." The thing she hasn't noticed is that she got the wrong kind of charm. Komorebi needs a charm for luck on exams, but Komi bought a charm that is for pregnant people who are praying for a safe delivery.
Can you translate what Komorebi's name is supposed to be? Does the name have a pun like most of the other names?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
I figure it's just supposed to be close to hikikomori without just naming them Hiki Komori.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

Her full name is Hiki Komorebi, and she was a Hikikomori. Hikikomoris are people who for one reason or another retreat into their rooms and almost never come out.

Edit to add: Komi writes her name initially in kanji. Komorebi is a word that means sunlight filtering through trees. I expect this is why she is so, so tall.

Wittgen fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Nov 6, 2020

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

SpacePig posted:

I figure it's just supposed to be close to hikikomori without just naming them Hiki Komori.

And SZS already did "* Komori"

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jeez, how big is this girl? Is she Katai sized?

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

She's 6'2". Possibly even taller than Katai.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Wittgen posted:

Her full name is Hiki Komorebi, and she was a Hikikomori. Hikikomoris are people who for one reason or another retreat into their rooms and almost never come out.

Edit to add: Komi writes her name initially in kanji. Komorebi is a word that means sunlight filtering through trees. I expect this is why she is so, so tall.
Thanks, I forgot her whole name. Lots and lots of characters.

Oh and SZS. That's a name I haven't heard in a long time. That series also had lots of pun names that describe the characters. I remember on the fansubs after the credits there would be translator notes explaining the puns, set to Bobby McFerrin's Don't Worry Be Happy.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Nov 8, 2020

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

CannonFodder posted:

Oh and SZS. That's a name I haven't heard in a long time. That series also had lots of pun names that describe the characters. I remember on the fansubs after the credits there would be translator notes explaining the puns, set to Bobby McFerrin's Don't Worry Be Happy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mNVPpuxb_w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPrVf2mT6-E

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
https://mangadex.org/chapter/1098104/1

Girls, I feel your pain, but lack your willpower to do anything about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Alacron posted:

https://mangadex.org/chapter/1098104/1

Girls, I feel your pain, but lack your willpower to do anything about it.

The last page killed me lol