Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

FogHelmut posted:

Anyone get their flu shot at Costco?

Yup, several weeks ago now, not terribly organized but it was fine. No cost with my insurance. Target is trying to lure people in with their $5 GC with free* flu shot....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

StormDrain posted:

I sure did. Took me in the back room and jabbed me with a meat injector. Got about enough to last three years.

This is eerily similar to when my wife got artificially inseminated there...

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

therobit posted:

This is eerily similar to when my wife got artificially inseminated there...

Picturing Costco's IVF program would just produce a litter of gigantic quintuplets

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I've probably posted this before itt, but this spinach, artichoke, parmesan dip is the best thing ever

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i need to go to the sco

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

everyone is buying toilet paper and paper towels and the gas line is longer than rush hour. Do these maniacs really think antifa is going to come to the suburbs and take their toilet paper?

Ultimate Mango posted:

Yup, several weeks ago now, not terribly organized but it was fine. No cost with my insurance. Target is trying to lure people in with their $5 GC with free* flu shot....

My wife got it at Target and got her gift card. I was hoping Costco would step up and give out a free dog.

Nooner posted:

I've probably posted this before itt, but this spinach, artichoke, parmesan dip is the best thing ever

That's a good dip but the jalapeno artichoke dip edges is out in my opinion.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

priznat posted:

Picturing Costco's IVF program would just produce a litter of gigantic quintuplets

At Sam's club it's the same, except they're ugly and appear to have some birth defects that are common with inbreeding.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
I made a meal out of Kirkland Stir Fry Veggies, Kielbasa Beef Sausages & that White Queso. So good!

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Costco has several great dip options but the Red's Street Corn dip is the one I miss most.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

My husband and I just now got our shots at Costco! I had to go to the pharmacy anyway, so I just checked in with them, filled out our forms and got an approximate wait time, finished the shopping, and came back about 25 minutes later. We had to wait about 5 minutes once we got there, but then we were in and out pretty quick. Still kinda salty that the guy who vaccinated me didn’t offer me one of the little kids party favors he had on the desk. Those plastic clackers looked fun!

We also picked up the Shark Navigator that’s on sale this month, $124.99. Our apartment is mostly fake wood vinyl covering, but the bedroom and office are carpeted. We’re also gonna try out some of the attachments to clean the couch and our upholstered chair of beagle fur and basic wear-and-tear staining.

Also ended up buying new cutlery so we could finally throw out the lovely Kmart set I bought for my first dorm room. A Good Impulse Purchase (and $30 for a 4-piece Mikasa set!)

As always, PBUC.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

FogHelmut posted:

everyone is buying toilet paper and paper towels and the gas line is longer than rush hour. Do these maniacs really think antifa is going to come to the suburbs and take their toilet paper?

Possibly. We went to ours this morning shortly after opening and the queue for the staffed registers was almost as busy as a weekend.

Hardly anyone waiting for the self checkout though.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

FogHelmut posted:

Anyone get their flu shot at Costco?

Yep, with insurance it was free, so about 10 minutes of waiting and then they brought me back into a room to quickly jab.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i need to get a flu shot. i fuckin hate needles so much. i know it doesnt really hurt but i loving HATE needles.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!
There's a study out today that says a flu shot could reduce the severity of covid if you catch it. If you weren't motivated before, please get one. /Momchat

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
god DAMNIT i was going to go to Japan this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq04n9enKvM

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Chinatown posted:

OMG that bulgogi bake. and beef tongue samples god drat I want that

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

OMG that bulgogi bake. and beef tongue samples god drat I want that

The bulgogi bake is pretty tasty, and a nice lunch. I don't think I'll get back to Japan any time soon, but it was always a treat to grab one when I'd be in Tokyo for work.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Chinatown posted:

i need to get a flu shot. i fuckin hate needles so much. i know it doesnt really hurt but i loving HATE needles.

https://www.flumistquadrivalent.com/

Get this you big baby

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

The last time I got the nasal spray vaccine, my body reacted to it poorly and I ended up with cold-like symptoms. It sucked.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

The last time I got the nasal spray vaccine, my body reacted to it poorly and I ended up with cold-like symptoms. It sucked.

Yeah, but was it a shot?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I always get a sore arm for 3 days and a slight fever and feel like poo poo the day after the flu shot. Dunno, just get it, it's good for you.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

No I'm going to get a shot. I'm going to watch it go in. Its a dumb phobia, especially given my high pain tolerance. Needs to end.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Flu sucks a whole lot more

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Fallom posted:

Flu sucks a whole lot more

Yes, no poo poo, I'm saying get the shot instead

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I'm outta shrimp chips.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Chinatown posted:

No I'm going to get a shot. I'm going to watch it go in. Its a dumb phobia, especially given my high pain tolerance. Needs to end.

If needles are the issue, don't watch them. Most of the flu shots now are tiny rear end needles that feel like a pinch, turn your head and its done.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I got some korean rice cake and noodle meal 3 pack. If the bag being bright red wasn't enough of a clue the like 1/4 cup worth of sauce powder packet that must've be 80% chili powder 20% salt that turned the boiling water lava red should've sealed the deal.

It's honestly delicious, way way better then most ramen packs because between the rice cakes and the noodles the water thickens up into a thick-ish sauce that coats every bite.. Each "meal" is a two person serving, and just from spiciness alone I couldn't eat more then 1/3 of it much less the massive sodium intake.

With a large pot full of fresh veggies and meat this could easily be a family dinner. If I make it again I don't think I'll use more then half of the sauce powder.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Finally

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch

Chinatown posted:

christ that guy is annoying, how is everything he tried the best thing he's ever had

i wish the sample stations (RIP) had flat tops like that one

is there an aldi thread? that's my other institution

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Holiday savings booklet arrived!

Anyone have opinions on this Lasko whole room heater thats gonna be on sale? https://www.costco.com/lasko-motion-heat-whole-room-ceramic-heater.product.100677651.html

Some of the reviews on that page say it has a strange smell when turned on...

Went ahead and ordered one. Supposed to get here tomorrow!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

John Romero posted:

christ that guy is annoying, how is everything he tried the best thing he's ever had

He's not even close to the most annoying Food YouTubers. Theres some truly weird dudes on there.

Pitre
Jul 29, 2003

Went today when they opened to snag a couple things that began their sale today totaling around $60. Left with a $240 cart load. Blessed!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Pitre posted:

Went today when they opened to snag a couple things that began their sale today totaling around $60. Left with a $240 cart load. Blessed!

Thats the magic of Costco. :blessed:

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

Just got back from Church. Had the bright idea today to bring mustard and sauerkraut with me so I could enjoy my hotdog to it's fullest potential.

Noticed they had riser desks again, which I regretted not pulling the trigger on last holiday season. These look smaller though, it was $80 instead of like $160 last year. Hopefully I can fit two monitors on it.

Did not see the giant bath robes yet, which was my second regret of not buying last year. According to the employee I asked, they don't carry them after Christmas. (except maybe online?)

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

dip them nutz

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
if you make a little sandwich with crackers and bitchin' sauce, is it technically a "bitch lasagna"?

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

canyoneer posted:

if you make a little sandwich with crackers and bitchin' sauce, is it technically a "bitch lasagna"?

What'd you call me? Them's fightin words.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Ordered that Biobidet that's on sale. Looking forward to a shiny clean butthole. Then went and spent 280 bucks in store too... Oh Costco.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

sexy tiger boobs posted:

Ordered that Biobidet that's on sale. Looking forward to a shiny clean butthole. Then went and spent 280 bucks in store too... Oh Costco.

WHen I first started using mine, the feeling of a pristine b-hole was almost euphoric. And that was with a simple $40 bidet from amazon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Does anyone have the office chairs from Costco? Both my wife and I each have one, purchased about a year apart, and they're comfortable and work well, except the both creak horribly. I greased some spots where I thought it was creaking, but it only lasted a few days before it started again.