Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

:toxx: I will purchase an item from the hideous hermit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer
G7, if thou woldest.

Walamor
Dec 31, 2006

Fork 'em Devils!
C4 please, hope it's explosive!

sparksbloom
Apr 30, 2006
In with I2.

Dr. Kloctopussy
Apr 22, 2003

"It's time....to DIE!"

sparksbloom posted:

In with I2.

You are the Blushing Man of Law

Sparknotes says: A successful lawyer commissioned by the king. He upholds justice in matters large and small and knows every statute of England’s law by heart. AND ALSO BLUSHING.

You currently have 1300 words.

Dr. Kloctopussy fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Nov 5, 2020

Dr. Kloctopussy
Apr 22, 2003

"It's time....to DIE!"

sebmojo posted:

:toxx: I will purchase an item from the hideous hermit

How convenient for you that the Hideous Hermit just happens to be at the ruined abbey at the same time as we are. Or is it???

He told you this was the latest in knight-related technology, and, being the Faded Squire, you were too vain to admit that you have no idea what it is for. Does it go on a shield? Maybe a saddle? I don't know, you don't know, and the Hideous Hermit DEFINITELY doesn't know.

There is something in your story that no one understands, but people keep trying to use it anyway.

You now have 1600 words.

Dr. Kloctopussy fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Nov 5, 2020

Dr. Kloctopussy
Apr 22, 2003

"It's time....to DIE!"
THE PILGRIM TIMES - THURSDAY MORNING EDITION

Good morning! Wow, you people are REALLY eager for treasure. I gave you an extra four hours, and instead you all finished within the first four hours. Perhaps I was unclear? In any case, the RESULTS of the treasure hunt won't be posted any earlier, because there is still time for NEW PILGRIMS to dig!

Pilgrims who join between now and 8am pst tomorrow morning will begin with 1200 words.
If you join by 12pm (noon) pst today, you may search the Ruined Abbey for buried treasure by posting the coordinates of the tile you would like to search.

Limerick Contest!

This evening we will be visiting a CARNIVAL. I will provide FLAVOR TEXT later. But I wanted to let you know about an entirely OPTIONAL game available.

The Carnival hosts a very "popular" limerick contest. So "popular" in fact that they actually pay the contestants for entering. Limericks usually have approximately maybe between 31 and 50 syllables! Thank god one of those is such a round number! That's right, you get FIFTY EXTRA WORDS just for submitting a limerick (it does NOT need to be exactly any number of syllables, as long it sounds like a limerick).

The limerick should be at least vaguely related to the prompt (for example, could be about Chaucer, pilgrims, one of our pilgrims, haunted castles, etc. etc.)

The FIRST place winner will get 250 EXTRA WORDS! Wow! The SECOND place winner will get 150 EXTRA WORDS. Slightly less Wow! But still pretty Wow! in my opinion!

Here is a sample limerick:

There once was a humble Narrator,
Who harnessed a fine alligator.
She went for a ride,
ended (mostly) inside,
And the pieces weren't found 'til much later.

Limericks are due by 12pm pst (NOON) tomorrow (Friday)

sparksbloom
Apr 30, 2006
Two serfs on their way to Helsinki
Declared that they'd get rather drinky
They stole flagons of mead
And consumed them with speed
But found them too warm and too stinky.

SkaAndScreenplays
Dec 11, 2013

by Pragmatica
Oh noble hedge mage I request use of thine heretical arts to remove these burdens and conjure a guide to complete this pilgrimage.

curlingiron
Dec 15, 2006

b l o o p

I remember I had to read Chaucer
For school once, but thought him a tosser.
While it's a great gimmick,
I'm here for the limericks;
As a pilgrim I'm just an imposter.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

There once was a man of the cloth
who found himself inclined to sloth.
His blessings were lazy,
His parables quite hazy,
'Til one morning he drowned in his broth!

SkaAndScreenplays
Dec 11, 2013

by Pragmatica
Oh noble hedge mage I'd like to request your service. Please use thine heretical arts to lift my burdens and also if you could hire a guide for the rest of this journey I'd really appreciate it.

Kthnksbye

Dr. Kloctopussy
Apr 22, 2003

"It's time....to DIE!"

SkaAndScreenplays posted:

Oh noble hedge mage I'd like to request your service. Please use thine heretical arts to lift my burdens and also if you could hire a guide for the rest of this journey I'd really appreciate it.

Kthnksbye

Rumor says that a real Hedge Magician will soon join our company and fulfill your desires!
(consider it done!)

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
We stayed in a haunted castle
Which hosted a ghostly rear end in a top hat
What I puked in the sink,
Was a harsh lager drink,
Now of cursed words I'm a vassal.

Dr. Kloctopussy
Apr 22, 2003

"It's time....to DIE!"
WEDNESDAY ENCOUNTER RESULTS

Everyone was so eager to search the Ruined Abbey for BURIED TREASURE that we finished early, and had time to take an ART CLASS. So now you all have a picture of your tile to take home as a lovely souvenir of your pilgrimage!

Grandma Party, the Finicky Host
You searched under this weird tile that looks like an awkward way to wake up your guests??

And you found 50 EXTRA WORDS

Thranguy, the Hellish Pardoner
You searched under this weird tile that looks like gently caress if I know. How did you even find this??

Antivehicular, the Greedy Manciple
You searched under this weird tile that looks like unappreciative lawyers??

And you found 75 EXTRA WORDS

Magic Cactus, the Wretched Miller
You searched under this weird tile that looks like a knight giving a man a nougie at sword point??

And you found 100 EXTRA WORDS

Weltlich, the Nebulous Shipman
You searched under this weird tile that looks like someone who does not understand the concept of personal space??

Walamor, the Screeching Summoner
You searched under this weird tile that looks like an alarmed person in a beret??

BabyRyoga, the Macabre Merchant
You searched under this weird tile that looks like…a horse with a man’s face being kissed by a panther with it’s spine on the outside??

And you found 75 EXTRA WORDS

take the moon, the Sophisticated Plowman
You searched under this weird tile that looks like man with an overly sensitive sense of smell??

And you found 50 EXTRA WORDS and a WEAK AMULET.
Your Weak Amulet has a 1/3 chance of removing an encounter effect, and a 2/3 chance of doing nothing.

thumbtacks, the Lucky Second Summoner
You searched under this weird tile that looks like the three old wisemen spying on the Virgin Mary??

And you found 125 EXTRA WORDS (talk about lucky!)

MockingQuantum, the Magenta Parson
You searched under this weird tile that looks like a priest with no more fucks to give??

Liquid Communism, the Wet Friar
You searched under this weird tile that looks like two friars. A little on the nose, but ok??

And you found 100 EXTRA WORDS

Hawklad, the Ultra Monk
You searched under this weird tile that looks like a priest with exactly two more fucks, and who is giving them to the world right now??

And you found 50 EXTRA WORDS and a NORMAL AMULET.
Your normal Normal Amulet has a 1/2 chance of removing an encounter effect, and a 1/2 chance of doing nothing.

Sebmojo, the Faded Squire
You searched under this weird tile that looks like two serfs unwillingly fighting each other with paper shields and t-squares??

Sparksbloom, the Blushing Man of Law
You searched under this weird tile that looks like me, if I were holding a squirrel??

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Grandma was such a good host
And could give magnificent toasts
But it cost him his life
When he found his young wife
With two guests, pretending that she was a roast.

Dr. Kloctopussy
Apr 22, 2003

"It's time....to DIE!"
THE PILGRIM TIMES - THURSDAY AFTERNOON EDITION

Two more pilgrims have joined the trek to the BLOOD THRONE which brings our companye to 17, including myself. If 8 more people join, we will have every role from the False Canterbury Tales assigned. If 9 more people join, I don't know wtf I will do.

New Pilgrims are still welcome! If you join before 8am pst tomorrow morning, you will start with 1200 words, and participate in Thursday's ENCOUNTER

Announcement Regarding Purification: THIS SECTION HAS BEEN EDITED BY YOUR FAITHLESS NARRATOR apparently I made everything too confusing?
* ALL Purifications, either by Hedge Magician or Amulet must be requested by the original deadline, Friday at 11:59pm pst.
* You can purify yourself of as many effects as you want, but they EACH cost 200 words/an amulet!

Announcement regarding Friday's Encounter and a Bonus Surprise Encounter: THIS SECTION HAS BEEN EDITED BY YOUR FAITHLESS NARRATOR
* There will be a mandatory Surprise Encounter tonight, but you can negate the effects for only 100 words, so it's still totally fair, ok?? The results will be announced at the same time as Thursday's Encounter.
* Friday's encounter will be another word bounty event like the treasure hunt and will end on Friday at 11:59pm pst
* I will announce the results of the word bounty hunt and the effects of any amulets, as soon as I can after that (definitely before I go to sleep Friday Night)
* The upshot of all this is that you will have ALL of your MANDATORY EFFECTS and MAXIMUM word count by late friday night/early saturday morning.

That is coincidentally also the Sign Up Deadline. Convenient.
People who sign up Friday will now begin with 1000 words.
They can still :toxx: for a purchase from the Hideous Hermit

THURSDAY'S ENCOUNTER - THE TRAVELING CARNIVAL

Now the information you all REALLY want! Tonight we are camping with a TRAVELING CARNIVAL. There are jugglers! There are jongleurs! There are jaguars! But the jaguars are just ponies in costumes. There are trapeze acts and other acts. There are people selling Turkey Legs and Mead, because they got confused and thought they were at the Renaissance Faire. There are musicians, and people who think they are musicians, but definitely are not. While you will be left to explore the sites, sounds, and unfortunate smells of the Carnival on your own, there is a VERY AGGRESSIVE FORTUNE TELLER who will hunt down each and every one of you.

For 100 words, the Hedge Magician will place a spell on you that makes you INVISIBLE to Fortune Tellers.
Don't forget that if you do not take advantage of this limited time offer, and need to have your fortune returned to normal tomorrow, it will cost 200 words.

You can successfully evade the Fortune Teller on your own only until 8am pst tomorrow, so make your decision about being INVISIBLE before that.

Dr. Kloctopussy fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Nov 5, 2020

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
limerick:

the pure swimmings of my serf blood
go to god in earth and mud
my sweat and seed will stain the field
as i chant faith to bless the yield
& invoke this drought into a flood

is this passive or do i have to say im using it

also whats up with the verse should it just theme into my story

Hawklad
May 3, 2003

Who wants to live
forever?

DIVE!

College Slice
Two knights went south on a crusade
With armor and weapons homemade
Heathens they tried to kill
But severely lacked the skill
So returned instead with agreements on tariffs and trade.

Dr. Kloctopussy
Apr 22, 2003

"It's time....to DIE!"

take the moon posted:

is this passive or do i have to say im using it

You need to say you're using it and on which flash rule (by Friday at midnight pst)

quote:

also whats up with the verse should it just theme into my story

Yeah, just take some kind of "inspiration" from the verse, incorporate it into the story somehow.

Dr. Kloctopussy
Apr 22, 2003

"It's time....to DIE!"
ADVERTISEMENT FOR NEW PILGRIMS

I hear you asking "What is going on?! Where are these fascinating people going?" but you don't want to read 4 months of back issues of The Pilgrim Times. Understandable! Kind of. It's a good newspaper.

If you join:
1) Between now and 8am PST tomorrow (Friday) morning. you will start with 1200 words, and will be included in Thursday's encounter, the Surprise Encounter, and a Word Bounty Hunt. (Encounters give you flash rules, which you can remove by sacrificing words)
2) If you join between 8:01am PST tomorrow morning and 11:59pm PST tomorrow night, you will start with 1000 words, and may participate in the Word Bounty Hunt.

It's simple, really.

Dr. Kloctopussy fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Nov 5, 2020

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Fortune tellers are a sin before the eyes of God, so I will gladly pay 100 words to keep them from my person.

magic cactus
Aug 3, 2019

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
the WRECHED MILLER requires more misery in his life and thus elects to track down the fortune teller for shites and gryns :getin:

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

SkaAndScreenplays posted:

Kthnksbye

The Travelling Hedge Mage appears!

Aaaatchoo! *ptooey*

You know, I catastrophically misread my instructions here. I was told that I ought to be a hedge, and it's taken several days for that spell to wear off. Pardon me while I spit out the rest of the leaves.

*gak* *ptooey*

Now, m'lady Wife of Bath who is indeed very Real, I understand you wish to purify yourself of... Will you cease that infernal singing? Stop it! Where's my wand... Ah.

Canticlesia Nullificor!

Right, that makes it easier to think. You wanted to be purged of... oh, drunken singing. Well that's handy. And you wish to hire a guide to help you avoid obstacles to your progress as a Pilgrim. Here, take this--

You now have 1000 words and will avoid future encounters... Except, perhaps, those unexpected ones that your Guide does not account for...

Liquid Communism posted:

Fortune tellers are a sin before the eyes of God, so I will gladly pay 100 words to keep them from my person.

Haruspicis Sine Oculae! You are now invisible to fortune tellers! Wait, where did you go?

Maugrim fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Nov 6, 2020

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer
On mine ferie comen on board
An Oxfordman learn'd with worde.
"My rime for my fare" quod he.
"Oh, truly but nev'r!" quod me,
"For thy riming is worthe nat a turd."

edit:
To the Hedge Mage: I wolde pay one hundred wordes to be invisible!

Weltlich fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Nov 6, 2020

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Weltlich posted:

To the Hedge Mage: I wolde pay one hundred wordes to be invisible!

Oraculum videre non potest! It is done. I think. It's possible I have rendered the fortune teller invisible to you, but the desired effect will be achieved regardless!

Maugrim fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Nov 6, 2020

Dr. Kloctopussy
Apr 22, 2003

"It's time....to DIE!"
RESULTS - SPECIAL ENCOUNTER AND THURSDAY ENCOUNTER

So I know I said we were going to the CARNIVAL, but on the way we also fell into a FAIRY RING. Luckily everyone was adopted by a friendly fairy, but they only let you go on the condition that you include their FAVORITE COLOR in your story.

Due to the unexpected nature of this calamity, the Hedge Magician has agreed to free you from this binding vow for only 100 words! That’s right, the price you would normally pay in advance, you can now pay after the fact! It’s not only FAIR, it’s MORE THAN FAIR. Because FAIRIES. This pun is totally working.

Luckily (?) we managed to escape in time to still visit the CARNIVAL, which isn’t that surprising, because it’s a 24-hour carnival. We also found out why the Aggressive Fortune Teller is so AGGRESSIVE. It’s because she is also very DISORGANIZED.

In fact, she couldn’t even find her deck of tarot cards, and made you open a book and read it for yourself. Also I think her tent is a fire hazard. You should incorporate some aspect of your tarot card into your story. It can be one (or more!) of the interpretations, something depicted on the card, or even just the name of the card. Death can finally actually mean Death for once!

Grandma Party, the Finicky Host

You were adopted by the fairy Picky Blackheart, but they agreed to let you go on the condition that something in your story is BLACK.
You drew the HIEROPHANT: Spiritual wisdom, religious beliefs, conformity, tradition, institutions / Personal beliefs, freedom, challenging the status quo

Thranguy, the Hellish Pardoner

You were adopted by the fairy Fiery Coinage, but they agreed to let you go on the condition that something in your story is SILVER.
You drew TEMPERANCE: Balance, moderation, patience, purpose / Imbalance, excess, self-healing, re-alignment

Antivehicular, the Greedy Manciple

You were adopted by the fairy Grabby Bluebell, but they agreed to let you go on the condition that something in your story is BLUE.
You drew the MOON: Illusion, fear, anxiety, subconscious, intuition / Release of fear, repressed emotion, inner confusion

Magic Cactus, the Wretched Miller

You were adopted by the fairy Sadface Pennyblossom, but they agreed to let you go on the condition that something in your story is COPPER.
You drew the LOVERS: Love, harmony, relationships, values alignment, choices / Self-love, disharmony, imbalance, misalignment of values

Weltlich, the Nebulous Shipman
You were adopted by the fairy Foggy Barksworth, but they agreed to let you go on the condition that something in your story is BROWN.
You were INVISIBLE, and did not have your fortune read.

Walamor, the Screeching Summoner

You were adopted by the fairy Yellalot Snowflake, but they agreed to let you go on the condition that something in your story is WHITE.
You drew the STAR: Hope, faith, purpose, renewal, spirituality / Lack of faith, despair, self-trust, disconnection

BabyRyoga, the Macabre Merchant

You were adopted by the fairy Darkness Darkness, but they agreed to let you go on the condition that something in your story is BLACK.
You drew the EMPRESS: Femininity, beauty, nature, nurturing, abundance / Creative block, dependence on others

take the moon, the Sophisticated Plowman

You were adopted by the fairy Fancy Indigo, but they agreed to let you go on the condition that something in your story is PURPLE.
You drew STRENGTH: Strength, courage, persuasion, influence, compassion / Inner strength, self-doubt, low energy, raw emotion

thumbtacks, the Lucky Second Summoner

You were adopted by the fairy Blessedbee Meadow, but they agreed to let you go on the condition that something in your story is GREEN.
You drew the SUN: Positivity, fun, warmth, success, vitality / Inner child, feeling down, overly optimistic

MockingQuantum, the Magenta Parson

You were adopted by the fairy Pink Daffodil, but they agreed to let you go on the condition that something in your story is YELLOW.
You drew the CHARIOT: Control, willpower, success, action, determination / Self-discipline, opposition, lack of direction

Liquid Communism, the Wet Friar
You were adopted by the fairy Limpid Goldeneyes, but they agreed to let you go on the condition that something in your story is GOLD.
You were INVISIBLE, and did not have your fortune read.

SkaAndScreenplays, the Real Wife of Bath
Perhaps you thought your guide could save you, but they could not! You fell into the fairy ring with the rest of us. You were adopted by the fairy Actual Citronella, but they agreed to let you go on the condition that something in your story is ORANGE.
You did, however, avoid the Carnival.

Hawklad, the Ultra Monk

You were adopted by the fairy Mega Rosepetal, but they agreed to let you go on the condition that something in your story is PINK
You drew DEATH: Endings, change, transformation, transition / Resistance to change, personal transformation, inner purging

Sebmojo, the Faded Squire

You were adopted by the fairy Dwindledum Bowtie, but they agreed to let you go on the condition that something in your story is RED.
You drew the WHEEL OF FORTUNE: Good luck, karma, life cycles, destiny, a turning point / Bad luck, resistance to change, breaking cycles

Sparksbloom, the Blushing Man of Law

You were adopted by the fairy Shy Battleship, but they agreed to let you go on the condition that something in your story is GRAY.
You drew — and I swear to God this was actually random — JUSTICE: Justice, fairness, truth, cause and effect, law / Unfairness, lack of accountability, dishonesty

Dr. Kloctopussy fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Nov 6, 2020

Dr. Kloctopussy
Apr 22, 2003

"It's time....to DIE!"
THE PILGRIM TIMES: FRIDAY MORNING EDITION

GOOD MORNING. We are nearly at the end of our journey, where we shall have a day of rest, and then a day of story telling. Though it is also possible to tell your story on the day of rest. Or even today. Go hog wild on the story telling bit.

We have now made it through all of our ENCOUNTERS, but the FUN does not have to STOP. Though I’m sure some of us (me) wish that it would (not really, this is GREAT). I am working to update the Record of Our Pilgrimage, but I am also working to Not Get Fired from my Job, so it will take a bit.

Announcement about Encounter Effects (i.e flash rules): While I am flexible on interpretations, please keep in mind that other people are sacrificing precious words to be free of them, so I DO want to see them incorporated. They do not have to play a huge role in your story, and I, Maugrim, and the third judge (we need a third judge still, FYI) are SMART, so you do not need to bludgeon us in the head with it. But we are not SCHOLARS so it can't be buried under 8 layers of symbolism, either. I believe in all of you. You can do this. Do not agonize over these potatoes, just keep it in mind.

Our Real, Authentic, Maugrim the Hedge Magician will soon be offering all kinds of delights for your delight. There will be word bounties. There will be magical items. There may be other things he didn’t tell me about, because why would we coordinate something like this??

DEADLINES

You still have almost four more hours to enter the LIMERICK CONTEST. You get 50 Extra Words just for Entering. Limericks are due by Today at twelve noon, pst

Maugrim the Hedge Magician is a busy Hedge Magician, but has agreed to offer his services until MIDNIGHT PST tonight. By midnight:
* Ask for any PURIFICATIONS
* Use any AMULETS
* Claim any WORD BOUNTIES

All Amulets and Word Bounties will be resolved by 1am PST. EVERYTHING will be set by 1am PST

At 1am PST, I will make some god-awful post/posts with a summary of everyone’s Rules and Word Count. Please include this summary in your story post! Please title your story The {Adjective Role}’s Tale: {Actual Title.} I WILL have this changed in the archives if you don’t, but it would be EXTREMELY COOL if we managed to do it on our own. I will probably cry over how cool it is.

Dr. Kloctopussy fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Nov 6, 2020

Dr. Kloctopussy
Apr 22, 2003

"It's time....to DIE!"
ADVERTISEMENT FOR NEW PILGRIMS

New Pilgrims may still join us until MIDNIGHT TONIGHT.
* You will have 1000 words
* You may participate in any of the Hedge Magician's delights.
* You may :toxx: to get +300 words and a fraudulent gift from the Hideous Hermit

Someone legit asked about this, so you can also do a SPEEDRUN.
* You will start with 1000 words
* The hedge witch is with us, so you will go through EVERY ENCOUNTER UNPURIFIED. This will generate FOUR encounter effects.
* You may still pay the Hedge Magician 200 words to cure you of an encounter effect, as many times as you wish (but it costs 200 words every time)
* You may participate in any of the Hedge Magician's delights.
* You may :toxx: to get +300 words and a fraudulent gift from the Hideous Hermit.

If for some god forsaken reason you want to do this, say so, and I'll make you an easy to follow map of our path (i.e. a list of all the decisions you have to make).

Dr. Kloctopussy fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Nov 6, 2020

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Hello! Hello! Come one, come all to the Travelling Hedge Magician's Stall of Beneficent Magicks!

To entice you over, behold my DECK OF MARVELLOUS TAROT CARDS which I found whilst exploring the Fortune Teller's tent.

Alas, upon closer inspection I have discovered this is merely an ordinary deck of cards with the word "TAROT" inscribed upon the box.
NEVERTHELESS, pilgrims may choose a card to receive bountiful rewards!

(name a card from an ordinary 52-card deck to receive its preassigned number of extra words, same system as the treasure hunt).

Ahem... Now that I have captured your attention, may I invite you gaze upon my other wares?

----

Over here, we have a SELECTION OF AMULETS. Wares and prices are as follows:

Weak Amulet: for a trifling sum, a 1 in 3 chance of curing some portion of what ails you! (-50 words, 1/3 chance of curing 1 encounter flash)
Normal Amulet: for a very reasonable sum, a 1 in 2 chance of lifting the weary spirit! (-100 words, 1/2 chance of curing 1 encounter flash)
Strong Amulet: for a considerable sum, a 2 in 3 chance of dispelling a discombobulation! (-150 words, 2/3 chance of curing 1 encounter flash)
Miraculous Relic: for an exorbitant sum, a guaranteed recalibration of one's very nature! (-200 words, reroll your adjective, only 1 available)

First come, first served! Only one purchase per customer, if you please!

----

Over here, we have a CORNUCOPIA OF KNICK-KNACKS. Honestly, I don't know why I stock these. In fact, I will pay you to take one away!
(You will get 50 extra words, but also a mild flash rule relating to the item "purchased".)

Pretty polished stone: An earth-related flash rule.
Phial of debatably holy water: A water-related flash rule.
Chipped penny whistle: An air-related flash rule.
Stick of charcoal: A fire-related flash rule.

----

Over here, we have... Ugh... the HIDEOUS HERMIT, helping himself to my lunch. He adamantly refuses to move.
It seems he wishes me to remind you that you can :toxx: to buy one of his dubious items!
Don't do it, pilgrims! You'll only regret it.

Thank you! Thank you for your custom! I have cast a charm to ensure the remainder of your journey will be wholly uneventful! One foot after the other until you reach the destination, that's the ticket!

Maugrim fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Nov 6, 2020

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
gimme the polished stone and the Hierophant. double vision on that last one, taking Gray Justice lol. throw my weak amulet at the first thingy which was the theft of something incorporeal. hope thats all legit, all these rules are exploding my brain

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Yes hello mister hedge magician, please cure me of my tarot reading, preferably without killing me.

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo

take the moon posted:

throw my weak amulet at the first thingy which was the theft of something incorporeal

actually i guess this doesnt work? sorry im that dude. Um im just gonna style around with this thing i like the other flashes

Dr. Kloctopussy
Apr 22, 2003

"It's time....to DIE!"

take the moon posted:

all these rules are exploding my brain

This was the point, so I'm glad it worked! .... You: these rules are confusing. Me: here are 8 more rules, have fun!

A few of the things you requested are not within how I originally interpreted the rules, but I don't want to ruin the fun with rules lawyering (I am a lawyer, so this is hard, ok??) So I'm trying to figure out the best way to handle.

OK Here we go:
* The Hedge Magician only has a normal deck of playing cards (hearts/clubs/spades/diamonds, Ace-King), so sadly you cannot pick the Hierophant :( I don't blame you for trying, though!) Pick another card, and when the Hedge Magician returns from trimming the hedges, he will give you the stone and your card words.

* The Tarot Reader and the Fairy Kidnappers were different encounters, so sadly you have to pick Justice OR Gray. You can still USE the other one, of course, you just can't get rid of your own card/color (depending on which one you choose)

* You are correct that the amulet will not work on the wares of the Hideous Hermit. You may, however, try to SELL IT to another pilgrim in exchange for some of their words. I have no idea if anyone will take you up on the offer, but hey, why not make this all even more confusing. (Just post in the thread that you want to sell it, you can name a price/have them name a price/negotiate/whatever.)

Edit again: Your hell rule does allow a theft of something that is either very small or very big, if you don't like incorporeal.

Dr. Kloctopussy fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Nov 6, 2020

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
its all good i think the flashes are dope :)

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
k double post of doom. k who the heck wants this um useless thingy? at 25 words lol. it is definitively for sale and is v pretty. if no one takes it ill use it on the fortune tho probs

just not feeling purple so ill take gray with the double vision

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
3x post, the edit message in thunderdome unnerves me, um if its a normal deck queen of hearts lol

magic cactus
Aug 3, 2019

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
I'll take the ace of spades, as a famous bard once told me it is the only card one needs.

Hawklad
May 3, 2003

Who wants to live
forever?

DIVE!

College Slice
Lucky seven of diamonds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

take the moon posted:

Gimme the polished stone and the Hierophant Queen of Hearts.

Sophisticated choices, my good Plowman!

Your polished stone gives you +50 words. Your story must contain something granite, either literally or figuratively. (You can try to remove this with your amulet, if you like.)
The Queen of Hearts is a very lucky pick! Lucky in love and lucky in words: +150, to be precise!

Thumbtacks posted:

Yes hello mister hedge magician, please cure me of my tarot reading, preferably without killing me.

Solis perdere! You are no longer plagued by the Sun. (-200 words)

magic cactus posted:

I'll take the ace of spades, as a famous bard once told me it is the only card one needs.

You win some, lose some, it's all the same to me - this card is neither especially good nor especially bad; you receive +75 words!

Hawklad posted:

Lucky seven of diamonds

Luck is in the eye of the beholder; this pick nets you +75 words!

Maugrim fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Nov 6, 2020