Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sio
Jan 20, 2007

better red than dead
Recontextualizing the classic heroic image of X-Wings locking their s-foils into attack position into an "oh poo poo" moment was really cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I don’t like making X-Wing Pilots into cops though. I get it. It works within the context of the show. I just don’t like it.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Combat Pretzel posted:

Even more so, after frog mom jerryrigged the droid to translate, and that little poo poo was apparently taken aback by her life story. And then keeps eating them.

It's literally the "Poppler" storyline from Futurama.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pMK70HE-b4

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I thought it was good when the goblin ate the desperate woman's babies.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Open Source Idiom posted:

I thought it was good when the goblin ate the desperate woman's babies.

Same. She’ll be fine. She’s got enough to continue her dumb blood line.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Phylodox posted:

Like I said, she's got eggs to spare. She'll still be able to raise ten or twelve tadpoles.

Still rubs me the wrong way. Dunno what else to say. The show made a big deal about how they have to travel sub-light otherwise the eggs will die. Any one lost came across like it'd be a huge blow to frog lady, and then baby yoda ends up just eating them. It'd be funny to me if frog lady deserved it, but she seems nice :shrug:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Frog Lady took them out of their protective canister and went hot-tubbing in a cave full of spider eggs. Those tadpoles weren’t all surviving either way, just let Baby Yoda have his popplers.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Frog Lady took them out of their protective canister and went hot-tubbing in a cave full of spider eggs. Those tadpoles weren’t all surviving either way, just let Baby Yoda have his popplers.

She needed to find a way to keep them, and herself, warm.

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!

Combat Pretzel posted:

Even more so, after frog mom jerryrigged the droid to translate,

Let’s not forget this beautiful little plot point allowed us to hear Richard Ayoade’s marvelous droid voice acting again.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

teagone posted:

Still rubs me the wrong way. Dunno what else to say. The show made a big deal about how they have to travel sub-light otherwise the eggs will die. Any one lost came across like it'd be a huge blow to frog lady, and then baby yoda ends up just eating them. It'd be funny to me if frog lady deserved it, but she seems nice :shrug:

You're not supposed to be okay with it, per se. It wouldn't really be dark humour if it was just bad things happening to people who deserved it. That's what black comedy is; taking a horrible situation and making it absurd enough to be funny. The fact that Baby Yoda ate a couple of her eggs, but still left her plenty to start a sizeable family is what separates it from being, yeah, genuinely tragic.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Forum Joe posted:

Let’s not forget this beautiful little plot point allowed us to hear Richard Ayoade’s marvelous droid voice acting again.

I love that Mando just kept the loving droid he blew apart. Its like he was so done with that entire mission that he was like "Mine now, fuckers"

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

I love that Mando just kept the loving droid he blew apart. Its like he was so done with that entire mission that he was like "Mine now, fuckers"

Mando gonna find another droid repair friend to wipe it's mind and get a droid butler to fill the hole in his heart left by IG-11

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Baby yoda is just pro abortion. Disney taking a stance like this is heroic.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Everything is edible in the SW universe.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Its Rinaldo posted:

Mando gonna find another droid repair friend to wipe it's mind and get a droid butler to fill the hole in his heart left by IG-11

Richard Ayoade as a recurring sidekick would be sublime.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Forum Joe posted:

too much Amy Sedaris

Can't even slightly relate. I don't know why but her just saying "Doctor Mandible" cracked me up.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Shneak posted:

Can't even slightly relate. I don't know why but her just saying "Doctor Mandible" cracked me up.

Because Doctor Mandible is hilarious, and my favorite new Star Wars name since Thurm Sissorpunch

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I love people turning on Baby Yoda

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Megillah Gorilla posted:

The giant ant in the cantina is called Dr. Mandible :allears:

That's Dr. Thorax Mandible to you!

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Dave Syndrome posted:

That's Dr. Thorax Mandible to you!

Thorax wasn't capitalized, so I think it was just a sarcastic term. Like calling Bruce Campbell "chin".

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Really hoping they come up with some tongue twister for Amy Sedaris to say. Shouldn't be too hard with the way things in the Star Wars universe are named

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5owGgzpvKE&t=69s

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

teagone posted:

Never at the expense of someone seemingly innocent trying to protect her bloodline though. That's the bit that irks me.

It's more the situation for me. I feel bad for frog lady, basically, and the show felt like it didn't in favor of jokes.

Baby Yoda has always consistently been anti-Frog. The first thing Baby Yoda eats is a grown frog. The show's mostly being unsubtle about Baby Yoda's poor moral upbringing and masking it with humour.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Phylodox posted:

You're not supposed to be okay with it, per se. It wouldn't really be dark humour if it was just bad things happening to people who deserved it. That's what black comedy is; taking a horrible situation and making it absurd enough to be funny. The fact that Baby Yoda ate a couple of her eggs, but still left her plenty to start a sizeable family is what separates it from being, yeah, genuinely tragic.

I laugh every time Brad Pitt dies in Burn After Reading. That poo poo's hilarious. I just didn't find Baby Yoda eating the eggs to even be morbidly funny. Failed execution for me I guess?

[edit]

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Baby Yoda has always consistently been anti-Frog. The first thing Baby Yoda eats is a grown frog. The show's mostly being unsubtle about Baby Yoda's poor moral upbringing and masking it with humour.

I get that. I just feel like the circumstances presented didn't translate the dark humor well, and instead ended up shifting more towards legit disturbing for me. Baby Yoda inherently being anti-frog is the only reasonable explanation I will accept lmao.

teagone fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Nov 6, 2020

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

404notfound posted:

Really hoping they come up with some tongue twister for Amy Sedaris to say. Shouldn't be too hard with the way things in the Star Wars universe are named

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5owGgzpvKE&t=69s

Sedaris rules. Anyone against her... just what the heck man!

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

If baby Yoda is analogous to The Lone Wolf’s ‘cub’ then that baby will only go on to do worse things.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
To the poster that's posted 8 times about the fictional depiction of a fictional frog lady having a few eggs eaten: egg

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I just like the frog lady character, ok? Leave me alone :(

[edit] I just find her situation super relatable. That's all.

:sigh:

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Kart Barfunkel posted:

If baby Yoda is analogous to The Lone Wolf’s ‘cub’ then that baby will only go on to do worse things.

Daigorō is absolutely not loving around.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Kart Barfunkel posted:

I cannot wait to see what kind of crazy vibroblades and gatling lasers pop out of that floating pram.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

For all we know, Yoda/Baby Yoda's people are natural predators of Frog Lady.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

teagone posted:

I just like the frog lady character, ok? Leave me alone :(

[edit] I just find her situation super relatable. That's all.

:sigh:

She gets to go see her husband and raise a bunch of babies and not get eaten by spiders.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Phylodox posted:

Thorax wasn't capitalized, so I think it was just a sarcastic term. Like calling Bruce Campbell "chin".

Why the hell isn’t Bruce Campbell in this show yet?

:colbert:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Cartoon Man posted:

Why the hell isn’t Bruce Campbell in this show yet?

:colbert:

He’s gonna be the voice of Baby Yoda once he learns to talk

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Sash! posted:

For all we know, Yoda/Baby Yoda's people are natural predators of Frog Lady.

Hmm, this is a good point.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I cannot wait to see what kind of crazy vibroblades and gatling lasers pop out of that floating pram.

I’ve been expecting something like that to happen. Maybe season 3.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Ah poo poo. That means we know who ends up raising baby Yoda.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Phylodox posted:

I know, I was kidding. For what it's worth, I tought "Dr. Mandible" was also meant to be taken as a nickname.

Dave Syndrome fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Nov 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I don’t like making X-Wing Pilots into cops though. I get it. It works within the context of the show. I just don’t like it.

Old EU but that was established in Rogue Squad when Horn is an ex-cop xwing pilot on Corellia. It makes a certain amount of sense. I think the razor crest was supposed to be an old police cruiser. Speaking of:

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I've a feeling Din's gonna end up with a new ship before this season's over.

Hopefully it's not Slave 1 because that'd be just one fanbridge too far.

I just put together the lego razor crest with my son and there’s an escape pod on the top with a porthole so you can see the mini fog insides’s head. I guessed it’s a spoiler of sorts since they haven’t mentioned it at all on the show. I haven’t watched this episode yet tho.