Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.
I really would welcome Trump facing charges and getting imprisoned when he is removed the presidency. Ford's pardon of Nixon set a precedent that presidents can do whatever they want with impunity, going through Reagan, Bush, Obama, and Trump. It's a wrong that really ought to be set right, and might make future presidents think twice about their actions. I doubt he'll ever see the inside of a cell though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/eliza_relman/status/1324794597122412544?s=20

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Random Stranger posted:

Would other presidents give no response and hope it goes away? Would other presidents refuse to do an initial response because it was harming areas that didn't vote for them? Trump directly took actions that harmed Americans and he did it over and over again.

You can look at places like Europe to get an idea of what another president's policies would have resulted in. Still a lot of harm done and an escalating problem at the moment, but not the mountains of death we've had in the US.

Yes, because if we had a democratic president who told everyone to mask up, I'm sure republican voters would properly listen :rolleyes: Even if it was a different republican president, you'ld still have a bunch of people not listen. Yes, it's way worse now because of Trump. But using an analogy of Trump killing more Americans than Nazi Germany in WW2 is a stupid comparison.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Critical posted:

i'll save you the trouble and just say gently caress him too then

lol yeah, dude's an absolute coward after his whole "oh I didn't vote for president" stunt. And this new announcement of them basically reworking the covid math on which places are "hot spots" pretty much because the numbers look too bad. They flat out said it's so kids don't get sent home from schools because they have to if they're in a red zone for covid. Too many red zones? Change the math!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Random Stranger posted:

They're so bad that the most hacky of the hack judges have a hard time justifying the lawsuits going forward.

I don’t think Trump ever figured out that once you get someone their lifetime position they no longer have reason to be loyal to you. This is why vampires don’t turn their familiars.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Thats one hell of a take.

https://twitter.com/MatthewKeysLive/status/1324882354771423233

https://twitter.com/rcerler/status/1324880545088679936

Bugsy fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Nov 7, 2020

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Fallom posted:

I don’t think Trump ever figured out that once you get someone their lifetime position they no longer have reason to be loyal to you. This is why vampires don’t turn their familiars.

settle down, guillermo.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Abner Assington posted:

Well, yeah, they aren't praying to Our Lord and Savior™, Jesus Christ.

"You brood of vipers! You make men even more the sons of Hell than you are!" Jesus Christ on Trump voters (among others)

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
"The man you may remember from the 1980s..."

Yep, nothing ever happened in Joe Biden's career between 1990 and 2020.

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

Kalit posted:

Yes, because if we had a democratic president who told everyone to mask up, I'm sure republican voters would properly listen :rolleyes: Even if it was a different republican president, you'ld still have a bunch of people not listen. Yes, it's way worse now because of Trump. But using an analogy of Trump killing more Americans than Nazi Germany in WW2 is a stupid comparison.

It's not just the stupidity of his followers though. He knew about this virus since what, February or January and did nothing to prepare. He used FEMA to seize PPE from individual states, and was hostile and uncooperative with state governors that tried to do something about the virus. Literally anyone else could have done a better job to contain the virus early and stop its spread. This didn't have to happen, certainly thousands of lives could have been saved.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
When is this address to the nation supposed to take place?

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

baby brains, just amused by sounds and flashing colors

https://twitter.com/Manny_Alicandro/status/1324873177416273921?s=20

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

Kalit posted:

Canada's pandemic response hasn't been great--their death rate is considered moderate. So worse than Australia, much worse than e.g. South Korea.

If the US death rate was only as bad as Canada's, 90,000 Americans would have still died. Which means roughly 140,000 fewer Americans would be dead right now.

That's not assuming no Americans die from COVID. It's not making any best-case assumptions. It's just putting a number on how much worse the US response was compared to other nations. If we want to use the word stupid, not making this sort of comparison is stupid.

Edit:

And Americans are not done dying from COVID. The total number of American dead from all causes during WWII is ~400k, with about 300k of that being battle deaths. We're almost certainly going to get there before we see the other side of COVID.

SubG fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Nov 7, 2020

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Taco Trucks was Hillary. Biden's too white for that. You had your chance in 2016

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

It's peak Trump that their entire election strategy was to bury one state in legal challenges and get it to a friendly Supreme Court, but then they actually never bothered to put anyone in charge of this thing until it was already too late.

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug

adoration for none posted:

On the very last second before voting results are announced everything goes black:

Dawn of the First Day
- 1465 Days Remain -

This would make an interesting time loop movie concept.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Guze posted:

Why am I always shocked by these videos of chuds playing music while missing the entire point of the lyrics? :(

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Oh for fucks sake lmao

A recount is something we are absolutely entitled to request and will be done and paid for by the appropriate authorities who are already handling election logistics. BUT WE NEED YOU TO CONTRIBUTE TO A FUND FOR IT ANYWAY

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

FlamingLiberal posted:

It's peak Trump that their entire election strategy was to bury one state in legal challenges and get it to a friendly Supreme Court, but then they actually never bothered to put anyone in charge of this thing until it was already too late.

Yeah it really is the most Trumpian way possible to lose

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010

GeminiSun posted:

https://twitter.com/VanityFair/status/1324852450109624322?s=20

Oh weird, this bowl of popcorn just teleported into my hand, wild

Make sure the whole administration is meeting inside, build that coward’s wall around White House higher and fill the whole thing with water.

Call it Deep Reflections Pool 2020.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Guze posted:

Some of those who work forces, are the same that burn crosses.

This is good.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I’ll be honest, I kinda love when chuds miss the whole point of songs and just dance. It’s like the ultimate self-own.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Data Graham posted:

Oh for fucks sake lmao

A recount is something we are absolutely entitled to request and will be done and paid for by the appropriate authorities who are already handling election logistics. BUT WE NEED YOU TO CONTRIBUTE TO A FUND FOR IT ANYWAY

*burns out the circuits in my brain trying to figure out how polling is voter suppression, medics find me comatose two days later, Nevada still not called*

Doctor Yiff
Jan 2, 2008

There was a pack of 25ish chuds protesting outside the Rhode Island Board of Elections office demanding a recount.

Trump lost Rhode Island by 100k votes.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

CuddleCryptid posted:

*burns out the circuits in my brain trying to figure out how polling is voter suppression, medics find me comatose two days later, Nevada still not called*

The logic seems to be that pollsters were deliberately inflating Biden's margins to make it look like the election would be a blowout and discourage Trump voters from turning out.

i.e., the stampede effect. It's the only thing they know about electoral strategy.

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

Deviant posted:

settle down, guillermo.

they'll turn you but you gotta be really old

gently caress if that's not a take though. I never thought of that in terms of power dynamics before

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Furnaceface posted:

Why am I always shocked by these videos of chuds playing music while missing the entire point of the lyrics? :(

This is apparently a big problem with Born in the USA. I heard it at a Trump rally in a stream a week or two ago.

EDIT:

Huh, this has been a problem for a while now. I don't pay too much attention to what music the Right listens to, I guess.

NikkolasKing fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Nov 7, 2020

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

iv46vi posted:

Make sure the whole administration is meeting inside, build that coward’s wall around White House higher and fill the whole thing with water.

Call it Deep Reflections Pool 2020.

Trumpengard

With Trump up in the top getting knifed by like 5 Wormtongues

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

ImpAtom posted:

Taco Trucks was Hillary. Biden's too white for that. You had your chance in 2016

I’m still pissed the Taco Trucks were taken away from me. I have to walk like 6 blocks and it’s bullshit I wanted one on the corner.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

NikkolasKing posted:

This is apparently a big problem with Born in the USA. I heard it at a Trump rally in a stream a week or two ago.

Its the same handful of songs usually (Born in the USA, American Woman, Macho Man, etc..), but every now and then a new one shows up thats just so painfully obvious and yet they sing/dance along like its speaking to them and not condemning their very existence.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Data Graham posted:

Oh for fucks sake lmao

Michigan pays for recounts if you are in the margin, so trump asked for a recount there even though it’s a worthless gesture.

Wisconsin makes the challenger pay for a recount. You would think that if the oligarchs thought it was useful they would have ponied up the dough. It shows just how broke Trump is and how many bridges he’s burned that he’s down to begging for donations for something that might keep him out of jail.

This is also why Trumps never going to challenge the Georgia results no matter how narrow. They make the loser pay both sides legal fees.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Data Graham posted:

Oh for fucks sake lmao

This is why I'm convinced that he'll run again in 2024. Elections and the presidency have been his only source of reliable income in decades. Hell, maybe he'll run for something in 2022!

Arzakon
Nov 24, 2002

"I hereby retire from Mafia"
Please turbo me if you catch me in a game.

Data Graham posted:

Nah they actually need $3M because when its obvious it isn't gonna change the results they make you pay for it in WI.

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

Stickman posted:

This is why I'm convinced that he'll run again in 2024. Elections and the presidency have been his only source of reliable income in decades. Hell, maybe he'll run for something in 2022!

rabferd went back to the Toronto Council after he was replaced by the incompetent milquetoast Tory

then he got rear end fat cancer and died. Given all the trump moves track with him (down to loving Dale covering the story) that would actually jibe. Congressman Turmp.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
Man, any time I hear trump talk now, I hear the following 80's song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fubhGQv6bZE

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe

Guze posted:

I can't even hate because this is what I look like at 80% of live music events that I haven't had a chance to experience in almost a year.

ZobarStyl
Oct 24, 2005

This isn't a war, it's a moider.

Stickman posted:

Except he's still a recovering covid patient who was already fantastically unhealthy before the presidency, which has never failed to age the hell out of the officeholder. He's an ancient, half-dead jackass who already looks like warmed over poo poo. After January, Donnie can bluster and scream all he wants and Twitter can just ban him, while no network will carry his statements because he no longer commands any power of the state. Donnie is unlikely to settle into an anti-pope role when he's having to pay out of his own pocket, with no federal government to fund his liabilities.

Wilbur Swain
Sep 13, 2007

These are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Deteriorata posted:

The logic seems to be that pollsters were deliberately inflating Biden's margins to make it look like the election would be a blowout and discourage Trump voters from turning out.

i.e., the stampede effect. It's the only thing they know about electoral strategy.

And failing to take into account that a large Biden poll lead would also suppress people who would vote for Biden, but then decide not to bother because he's got it in the bag.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Frankly I am waiting for when the networks stop carrying his nonsense any time now. The mask has come completely off with pretty much all of them and I don't think they are going to give him anymore rope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

ummel posted:

I can't even hate because this is what I look like at 80% of live music events that I haven't had a chance to experience in almost a year.

dancing to "Bulls on Parade" wearing a police state flag is uhhhhhh