Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mr. Steak posted:

ohhh u meant arguing happens to me a lot.

well yeah on d1 idk any better way to create content from nothing

Lol you just saw me do it with a very brief post and a vote but it's clear you can't even conceptualise of how this is town behavior so stick with what you know I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bifauxnen posted:

Lol you just saw me do it with a very brief post and a vote but it's clear you can't even conceptualise of how this is town behavior so stick with what you know I guess

dont give yourself credit for making me post words. thats about as easy as things get lmao

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you made a drive-by vote which wou would have sat on silently for who knows how long if i didn't prod you aggressively about it. lets not get it twisted

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
This is the wildest loving way for jokephase to end.

Steak is always like this, but I'm not sure I've seen him get under Bif's skin like this before.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

PMush Perfect posted:

This is the wildest loving way for jokephase to end.

Steak is always like this, but I'm not sure I've seen him get under Bif's skin like this before.

He literally lied about me saying no fun allowed when I put a lot of effort into making my fun Bojack references! He is not only willfully misunderstanding me for the sake of his fakecase, he is maligning my character to make me out as the fun police and that's a low blow.

Hell even my whole Sextina Aquafina bit is about me still having fun with allegedly killing jokephase (and townies :v:)

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i said that to tease you because you spent all game joking until recently. lets not make a big deal out of that thing where i say things that are so obviously false they dont even qualify as lies

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
of course, the fact that you're choosing to hang onto that talking point only strengthens my feelings that you're scum.

not that i think it makes for good evidence to convince others. it very much isn't

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
fwiw i have never thought u are the fun police, bif.

only the police of saying you wont have fun and THEN having fun.

:P

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mr. Steak posted:

of course, the fact that you're choosing to hang onto that talking point only strengthens my feelings that you're scum.

not that i think it makes for good evidence to convince others. it very much isn't

I hear your feelings that you are feeling I am scum

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bifauxnen posted:

I thought your VF spam was annoying

btw can we please let the record show that humalong is the one who did this, and i merely quoted it w bad formatting as a gag. idk why bif never expressed annoyance at hunalong's post but i want this to be clear

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mr. Steak posted:

btw can we please let the record show that humalong is the one who did this, and i merely quoted it w bad formatting as a gag. idk why bif never expressed annoyance at hunalong's post but i want this to be clear

Yeah

It does show this

Bifauxnen posted:

Ugh, Hum was bad enough but I thought it was serious time, I thought jokephase was aborted Steak

##vote Steak

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

You prepared for trouble and made it double

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

if you're catching up and accidentally skipped to my post, you can skip page 6 and probably this page

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Humalong posted:

if you're catching up and accidentally skipped to my post, you can skip page 6 and probably this page

2nded. it was useful for me because i can proceed w the knowledge that bif is scum. but its just clutter for the rest of y'all. sorry

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mr. Humalong posted:

Oh are you sure? I was hoping to read steak getting into a multi page slap fight with someone about nonsense, I wouldn’t want to miss one of those

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Retro Futurist posted:

Oh are you sure? I was hoping to read steak getting into a multi page slap fight with someone about nonsense, I wouldn’t want to miss one of those

I got 10 posts in and then wore down my scroll wheel for a bit

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Wow I won’t read that and you can’t make me

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

Wow I won’t read that and you can’t make me

This is what's really frustrating though. Just knowing that even if Steak spews out tons of evidence of doing a scummy frame job, I can't actually count on others to pay attention to where it's happening.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I can't believe you guys can't believe we aren't reading this multipage slap fight

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

This is a slap fight, isn't it? Unless Steak is scum, and just being Steak, but that's a null tell. I don't think scum Bif would tilt this hard.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bifauxnen posted:

This is what's really frustrating though. Just knowing that even if Steak spews out tons of evidence of doing a scummy frame job, I can't actually count on others to pay attention to where it's happening.

welcome to the life. ive learned to accept it for what it is. a personal conversation where we both get personal impressions of the other, but dont hope to use the conversation as evidence later cuz nobody will care

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

PMush Perfect posted:

This is a slap fight, isn't it? Unless Steak is scum, and just being Steak, but that's a null tell. I don't think scum Bif would tilt this hard.

I am honoured you think this is a hard tilt for me, I do aim to be more chill these days

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
thats not to say i probably wont still try though!! lol

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

At work tomorrow I will read through the slap fight and attempt to summarize it for the thread

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

@Bif/Steak if you really think the other is scum from that fight, each of you pull *one* quote from the other and explain why you think so

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Or don’t, idk, I’m mostly just tryna get a sense if you’re both being authentic

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Mr. Steak posted:

jokes are important because scum dont overthink their posts as much when it's lighthearted or they think people wont pay much attention.

but the jokes are only valuable if we look at them critically.
i mean, they have entertainment value because they're fun, but i mean value for the gameplay.

thats probably my favorite nuance of this game. the way the conversation ebbs and flows around jokes can reveal a lot about the actual alignment of the players involved.

(sorry for waxing philosophic for a sec)

the critical analysis comes only after DEATH

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Bifauxnen posted:

I think Steak is angling for a big argument here so it'll look like a townie slapfight and he can get in the "only town Steak would get this worked up and be this argumentative" sweet spot

This is exactly what it looks like except you are complicit and possibly also scum

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Retro Futurist posted:

Joke phase only ends for cowards

You looked at the vote leaders and agreed to vote any of them in the interest of ... what

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I read all of those posts, this terrible burden will haunt me for the rest of my days, kill me now that I might suffer only a short time. ##vote sirtommygunn

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Dick Bastardly posted:

You looked at the vote leaders and agreed to vote any of them in the interest of ... what

Retro Futurist posted:

I vote we just turbo bif so we can get our dumb powers and have fun

Did I stutter?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Mr. Humalong posted:

Is... is this a joke... during Serious Time!?!

lol, but also suggesting not reading the game is suss.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Mr. Humalong posted:

At work tomorrow I will read through the slap fight and attempt to summarize it for the thread

I rescind my suss from my last post.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

sirtommygunn posted:

I read all of those posts, this terrible burden will haunt me for the rest of my days, kill me now that I might suffer only a short time. ##vote sirtommygunn
I don't like this. It feels very drive-by in a way that deliberately avoids stating any actual opinions about the discussion.

"I read that!"

Congrats, give us your feelings on it!

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sandwolf posted:

@Bif/Steak if you really think the other is scum from that fight, each of you pull *one* quote from the other and explain why you think so

Bifauxnen posted:

Yeah, I got no problem mixing jokes with serious posts and letting jokephase live a while longer, it was just obnoxious how Steak dumped all that after he'd just been all "I'm gonna kill jokephase! Anyone who makes more than one or two jokeposts is scum!" so it was worth a prod.

And then he reacted all "what made you think things are serious??" as if there isn't a button to let me read all his previous posts

He's already lining up the threats and OMGUS too all "oh if Bif wasn't joking, I'll vote her cause that can't possibly be a real opinion"

It is now meatface

explanation pending, but i immediately knew this is the quote i'd use to summarize bif here

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Retro Futurist posted:

Did I stutter?

touche. What if you were turboed today?

##vote opoppo retro futurino

Come on everyone, turbo RF with me for those sweet sweet candie powers we can win

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

PMush Perfect posted:

I don't like this. It feels very drive-by in a way that deliberately avoids stating any actual opinions about the discussion.

"I read that!"

I made my emotions on the subject very clear. Please, end my life.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Dick Bastardly posted:

touche. What if you were turboed today?

##vote opoppo retro futurino

Come on everyone, turbo RF with me for those sweet sweet candie powers we can win

I would not like that because I would be dead.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

PMush Perfect posted:

"I read that!"

Hard disagree, it made me laugh!

I think this feels a little cheap Pmush, like you just want to cast some shade but don’t want to wade into the Steak/Bif thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I'm not getting much of a read on either Bif or Steak, I do however feel that DB is making an effort to be vocal and useful, in sharp contrast to the Worm game where they were scum and just stayed in the background. I'm not sure if this is how they play town or if its an overadjustment to fix what got them caught last game.