Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

uber_stoat posted:

the witches are depicted as having weird looking hands and people who for whatever reason have similar hands don't like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUnFZVHHpg8

nah that's pretty blatantly too similar to real life oligodactyly to say people with the condition are being too sensitive

get more creative with your sexy monster ladies people!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Peanut President posted:

Pomp and Circumstance was his theme my dude. He used it for years

including this electric guitar version in wcw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNEJvXy_JIY

Oh I know, it's still a lol

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

WWF between 1985 and 1990 was amazing, high calibre entertainment

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/PopCrave/status/1324814974473150468

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Echo Chamber posted:

So what's Biden-era mainstream liberal pop culture gonna be like?

And early guess? A lot like Obama-era stuff, but way more overt with its handwringing and handwaving of tensions. We're gonna get a lot of messages like "The world is complicated, but who cares?"

Every villain will be Mronald Mrump, and literally none of those movies will understand what made Trump villainous in the first place.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
we're just gonna go right back to hard men making hard decisions

I'm sure Sorkin will get another god awful show

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Echo Chamber posted:

So what's Biden-era mainstream liberal pop culture gonna be like?

a bunch of twee liberal garbage like parks and recreation but worse and more annoying

so basically schitts creek

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Egg Moron posted:

the beowulf film by zemekis from 2007 is one of the worst things I have ever seen

it is so ugly, putrid and grating

it is an assault on the senses that is overlong, unfocused and it made me feel awful inside

watch it!

Did you watch his A Christmas Carol? Pretty sure it’s another doll eyed mess. He was going to make a 3-D performance capture remake of Yellow Submarine at one point, before Mars Needs Moms mercy-killed ImageMovers Digital.

I dunno if he just has a blind spot that keeps him from understanding how offputting his performance capture films were, or if he knew they were bad, but thought the technology was 100% the future and once he got it right he’d have midwifed the next era in filmmaking.

mysterious frankie has issued a correction as of 06:00 on Nov 7, 2020

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
We're gonna get another LBJ biopic except it's a metaphor for Biden

And then an FDR biopic except it's a metaphor for Biden

And then a Woodrow Wilson biopic... you get the idea

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

“One of these days I’ll crack the code and figure out how to stop turning 150 million dollar checks into datura trips at the mannequin factory. Then they’ll all be sorry.”

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

mysterious frankie posted:

He was going to make a 3-D performance capture remake of Yellow Submarine at one point,

Let's be honest, the movie that's designed to appeal to people on massive amounts of drugs is the best choice for that style.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

We're gonna get another LBJ biopic except it's a metaphor for Biden

And then an FDR biopic except it's a metaphor for Biden

And then a Woodrow Wilson biopic... you get the idea

Eventually looping back around to a Trump biopic, but it's a metaphor for Biden

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

hey seb do thunderdome losertars also get rid of gangtags

recent events have made me less worried about losing my current one

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Some Guy TT posted:

hey seb do thunderdome losertars also get rid of gangtags

recent events have made me less worried about losing my current one

Yep.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
https://twitter.com/derek8185338005/status/1325141922894151680?s=21

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

I saw Jojo Rabbit. It was pretty good. Big fan of the liberal inclusion of Rilke.

Serf
May 5, 2011

the newest episode of star trek discovery is the best one of this whole drat show. pure classic trek with some drat good b and c plots, it really feels like they've figured out what they want this show to be now

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020
do yall ever think about tim heidecker's piss themed country band

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbMSjP3jI0Y

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

watching tng with some friends (best of both worlds) and man Starfleet officers are all careerist psychos

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Serf posted:

the newest episode of star trek discovery is the best one of this whole drat show. pure classic trek with some drat good b and c plots, it really feels like they've figured out what they want this show to be now

I don't believe you

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The movie The Dead Dont Die should have been better than it was. It is aggressively ok.

Serf
May 5, 2011

an actual dog posted:

I don't believe you

i didn't believe it either, but i gotta hand it to them

we get a lot of info about the trill, plus there an interesting cultural conflict for michael to navigate. we see some non-starfleet perspectives, and there is a ton of character development for the secondary and tertiary characters. they sidestepped what could have been a bad plot and managed to sew it all up into a very star trek ending

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

StashAugustine posted:

watching tng with some friends (best of both worlds) and man Starfleet officers are all careerist psychos

yeah, when you imagine the intensity of the vibrancy of the life you could live as just a citizen of the federation, never wanting for anything, indulging your every curiosity, joining starfleet is for ultranerds and psychopaths

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Mr Hootington posted:

The movie The Dead Dont Die should have been better than it was. It is aggressively okmediocre.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Egg Moron posted:

yeah, when you imagine the intensity of the vibrancy of the life you could live as just a citizen of the federation, never wanting for anything, indulging your every curiosity, joining starfleet is for ultranerds and psychopaths

yeah you could live in utopia or you could sign up to sail around the stars in a tin can with barely any weapons and no spacesuit, surrounded by hard vacuum that you could be exposed to as soon as some klingon rear end in a top hat looks at your ship funny. you would need to be legit crazy to join starfleet

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

There was an observation made that DS9 became really good when Jake decided not to go to Starfleet

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

StashAugustine posted:

it's true, but I do like how the two episodes are ultimately about Riker, even though Picard, and the whole cast really, get some good parts.

Serf posted:

yeah you could live in utopia or you could sign up to sail around the stars in a tin can with barely any weapons and no spacesuit, surrounded by hard vacuum that you could be exposed to as soon as some klingon rear end in a top hat looks at your ship funny. you would need to be legit crazy to join starfleet

I dunno, when you functionally have all your material needs met I think the assumption being made by the show is that you start to reprioritize your life. Starfleet still kinda sucks, but I get why people would want to join it.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Serf posted:

the fact that every starfleet ship is always like a misplaced screw away from a warp core breach imploding the ship and rupturing spacetime makes a lot more sense when you realize that starfleet is exclusively populated by people dumb enough to grow up in an honest to god utopia and decide "hmmm you know what I think I'll join the navy"

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

I think Clerks has poisoned my mind and now every time someone mentions Best of Both Worlds I keep thinking they mean the episode where Riker has sex with the hermaphroditic alien.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

The nerds I like, O'Brien rules, its that half the officers give me real Pete Buttigeig vibes

E: Riker and sorta Crusher are the only two TNG crew I really like, Picard is just cheating by being Patrick Stewart

StashAugustine has issued a correction as of 03:40 on Nov 10, 2020

Serf
May 5, 2011

Organic Lube User posted:

I think Clerks has poisoned my mind and now every time someone mentions Best of Both Worlds I keep thinking they mean the episode where Riker has sex with the hermaphroditic alien.

hosed up that frakes was pushing to have the alien played by a man but the execs shot it down because lol

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
my hot take is Dax was a good character, Jadzia wasn't, but Ezri was.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Serf posted:

hosed up that frakes was pushing to have the alien played by a man but the execs shot it down because lol

pretty funny in hindsight that actors kept pushing to have gay characters on super progressive openminded utopian Star Trek and the execs were like no no no you can't be gay on television

Serf
May 5, 2011

vyelkin posted:

pretty funny in hindsight that actors kept pushing to have gay characters on super progressive openminded utopian Star Trek and the execs were like no no no you can't be gay on television

well they're getting it in now. the new episode of discovery features a relationship between a trans person and a nonbinary person

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Serf posted:

well they're getting it in now. the new episode of discovery features a relationship between a trans person and a nonbinary person

well yeah but discovery already had a gay relationship between the chief engineer and a ghost, I was thinking of 90s trek

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

The Trill are a cool concept and Dax is pretty good but I haven't really liked any of her centric episodes yet; I'm just into season 4

Serf
May 5, 2011

vyelkin posted:

well yeah but discovery already had a gay relationship between the chief engineer and a ghost, I was thinking of 90s trek

oh yeah, what i mean is the people making discovery are clearly going the extra mile

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

StashAugustine posted:

The Trill are a cool concept and Dax is pretty good but I haven't really liked any of her centric episodes yet; I'm just into season 4

Dax might be described as a really great character who doesn't really get a lot of good episodes to herself.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

StashAugustine posted:

Is funny watching episodes like Tapestry where alt timeline Picard is a junior officer nerd well into gray hair age, and that doesn't seem particularly unusual, you see gray-haired ensigns as background extras too.

I think it makes sense though when you realise not only is Starfleet meant to house all the crazy people but it's a multi-species organisation, and if they tried to enforce modern career tracks then you'd have Vulcans dominating the admiralty for centuries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Mr Hootington posted:

The movie The Dead Dont Die should have been better than it was. It is aggressively ok.

That movie was such a disappointment