Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

To be clear I'm leaning towards a town read on DB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

@Bif/Steak if you really think the other is scum from that fight, each of you pull *one* quote from the other and explain why you think so

This is my one quote from Steak, it's also from right at the start so you only need to reread minimal context before it:

Mr. Steak posted:

this has got to be a fake opinion. if you're scum you'd better backpedal on it cuz it'd look real weird if you double down on thinking this

I had voted Steak while complaining about him making such an obnoxious VF-cluttering joke after promising such serious play, he asked what made me think things were serious, and I replied with "You". That was what got him to come screaming in all "this has got to be a fake opinion".

What is the opinion that he thinks is fake? That he had already noticably made a lot of serious posts and drew attention to it? That this made me think the game was getting serious now

But maybe saying my opinion was fake is fake. Steak later refers back to this post to call it just bullshitting. And he claims to just be doing the same thing as me, trying to see how I react.

Except look how I got him to react. I cast a vote clearly trying to prod him, and replied very simply to the weird question he asked me. He came in all calling me obviously fake and admittedly doing weird bullshit "traps" where no matter how I react he can surely find some way to say it's just convinced him further.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

sirtommygunn posted:

I'm not getting much of a read on either Bif or Steak, I do however feel that DB is making an effort to be vocal and useful, in sharp contrast to the Worm game where they were scum and just stayed in the background. I'm not sure if this is how they play town or if its an overadjustment to fix what got them caught last game.

I like this post. What bothers me a little, is your willingness to be cuddled today. Are you a jester?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

Hard disagree, it made me laugh!

I think this feels a little cheap Pmush, like you just want to cast some shade but don’t want to wade into the Steak/Bif thing

I'm actually getting suspicious of PMush too, after reflecting on the "hard tilt" comment a bit, it bugged me that when I'm trying to just make my points and not like argue argue, she called it that. It's like she's reaching out to get on my good side by saying I'm town, but then also painting me as having extreme reactions.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Dick Bastardly posted:

I like this post. What bothers me a little, is your willingness to be cuddled today. Are you a jester?

No I just lean in on the day 1 jokes to mask the fact that I have no idea what I'm doing.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I'm going to bed so I'm just gonna ##unvote to make sure I'm not the deciding vote on myself.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

sirtommygunn posted:

No I just lean in on the day 1 jokes to mask the fact that I have no idea what I'm doing.

Nah you’re doing fine so far budinski

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##vote Pmush

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
[pls click below to see bif's full post]

Bifauxnen posted:

That was what got him to come screaming in all "this has got to be a fake opinion".
you literally just quoted the entirety of my "screaming". nice job being a hypocrite while complaining about pmush, quote,

Bifauxnen posted:

painting me as having extreme reactions.

quote:

What is the opinion that he thinks is fake? That he had already noticably made a lot of serious posts and drew attention to it? That this made me think the game was getting serious now
really? my posts made you think the game was getting serious now? i find that interesting. and by interesting, i mean extremely dubious. all you need to do is click on the little ? on my posts and you can see which of my posts i made *after* talking about killing jokephase. one of those posts was a link to a horrible amazon item, and the rest were hardly serious either. and yet, it was MY posts that made bif think the game was starting to get serious? that sounds fake and i called it out as such. regardless of bif's alignment or whether she was trying to get a reaction out of me, there is simply not a chance that her presumed opinion on the game's seriousness was genuine. she is either town who lied to get a reaction from me, or scum. either way her original answer of "you" was a lie, or else bif has some major explaining to do in order for that response to make a lick of sense.

quote:

But maybe saying my opinion was fake is fake. Steak later refers back to this post to call it just bullshitting. And he claims to just be doing the same thing as me, trying to see how I react.
the lovely ultimatum was fake. your answer did ping me. that was real.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Sandwolf posted:

but don’t want to wade into the Steak/Bif thing
I literally did. Null on Steak because Steak, leaning town on Bif, because I don't think Bif would fake tilting this hard.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PMush Perfect posted:

I don't think Bif would fake tilting this hard.

fwiw me neither. i think bif is scum and my ultimatums + probably perceiving me as catching her for dumb reasons has genuinely frustrated her

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
see my selected bif quote earlier, for her getting super frustrated at things that would only probably frustrate her if she's scum

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mr. Steak posted:

really? my posts made you think the game was getting serious now? i find that interesting. and by interesting, i mean extremely dubious.

Here are a bunch of early seriousposts Steak had already made before I voted him.

Mr. Steak posted:

smh why do scum always post super early on day 1? something about getting pinged in discord? idk its just a trend i've noticed. and this is a weird "pretending to be jokephase" post...

Mr. Steak posted:

##vote sng

This first one was a serious-sounding observation, followed by a vote, then another serious observation to further support it:

Mr. Steak posted:

fyi last time i saw sandnavyguy use the "sand solidarity" thing on d1, he was an sk lol. so im wary of him bringing up the exact same thing

Then suggesting to PMush that she could join the SNG vote, when SNG voted her:

Mr. Steak posted:

u are lucky because u can immediately omgus on scum :v:

Followed by suggesting it's scumbus banter when she fails to vote SNG back:

Mr. Steak posted:

smh i was hoping it was not an obvious bus from sng but you have disappointed me

And finally, outright saying he wants to be serious:

Mr. Steak posted:

im determined to kill jokephase before it begins. and any player desperate to cling to it for longer than 1 or 2 posts is scum

Mr. Steak posted:

ive gotta sleep soon so i'll do my proper d1 solve the game routine after everyone else has checked in

Ironically these posts sounded more like a joke to me, but in a comedic hyperbole, kidding-on-the-square kind of way. He had already begun playing seriously, and was now drawing attention to the fact he was playing seriously.

Then he makes a jokepost that repeats Hum's VF spam and I say:

Bifauxnen posted:

Ugh, Hum was bad enough but I thought it was serious time, I thought jokephase was aborted Steak

##vote Steak

He gives this dodgy post in direct reply to me:

Mr. Steak posted:

what about the last 3 pages made you think its serious time....?

And this is when I answered "You." Steak's own actions of taking the game seriously made me think that at least he was now playing seriously, and that it was odd for him to pretend now like he wasn't. Or maybe he was just trying to act evasively around my vote.

It's also odd that he's acting now like "wow Bif, just cause little old me posted, that made you think the game was serious?! Pshaw!" It only takes one player breaking the ice to kick things off. Even if everyone else keeps joking, choosing not to engage when there are serious points and opinions out there becomes a choice and a position. The whole interplay that Steak was waxing poetic about not too long ago.

At every single turn, Steak goes out of his way to find or manufacture the absolute worst light to paint my posts in, and that is why I think he's scum himself rather than trying way too hard to actually find scum.

Mr. Steak posted:

see my selected bif quote earlier, for her getting super frustrated at things that would only probably frustrate her if she's scum

The "super" is in the eye of the beholder. I thought maybe it was fair enough for PMush to think I was "hard tilting" when she's not played many games with me, but I think you should know better, Steak?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

And I can already hear Steak queuing up a post complaining about how his PMush posts totally weren't serious!! Well it looked like the kind of thing I was trying to initially do with my Steak vote. Things aren't serious yet cause they can't be, you got nothing, but you're seriously attempting to prompt and assess a reaction. And we're getting caught up in so much endless minutia over things that are getting so far away from where we started.

Steak came in admittedly bullshitting, and saying my opinion just had to be fake. He was wrong. It's frustrating, and he's gone out of his way to act frustrating on purpose so he can then say I'm scummy for being frustrated.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Oh btw Steak I was reading back trying to see if I'm being too harsh and this could just be your misguided bulldog townie routine, but I hit this post again and I literally have absolutely no idea what you are talking about here

Mr. Steak posted:

oh, i was jumping ahead in the conversation but i guess that means you dont need to have accountability for the things you imply. so lets back up.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

quote:

Ironically these posts sounded more like a joke to me, but in a comedic hyperbole, kidding-on-the-square kind of way. He had already begun playing seriously, and was now drawing attention to the fact he was playing seriously.

Then he makes a jokepost that repeats Hum's VF spam

okay and what about the 4 posts i made in the 8.5 hours between those posts?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bifauxnen posted:

Oh btw Steak I was reading back trying to see if I'm being too harsh and this could just be your misguided bulldog townie routine, but I hit this post again and I literally have absolutely no idea what you are talking about here

i'd misunderstood you. it doesnt make sense anymore

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you can drag out all my posts and give your commentary if you want. you wont be able to change the narrative that you thought i was causing the game to be more serious.

something tells me the majority of your effort this game will go towards weaseling your way out of that. you shoulda taken my advice to backpedal it when u had the chance

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mr. Steak posted:

i'd misunderstood you. it doesnt make sense anymore

Omfg let's leave it at that then

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mr. Steak posted:

you can drag out all my posts and give your commentary if you want. you wont be able to change the narrative that you thought i was causing the game to be more serious.

something tells me the majority of your effort this game will go towards weaseling your way out of that. you shoulda taken my advice to backpedal it when u had the chance

...or not.

I do not want to change the "narrative" that I thought you were causing the game to be more serious because THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I AM ATTEMPTING TO COMMUNICATE TO YOU STEAK

I don't even care about town and scum anymore I just want to know how what alternate universe have I fallen into where I think I'm typing English and it's not working

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Y'all should be fact-checking bif by looking at my post history, but I understand some people might not put in the effort, so here. I have excluded *none* of my posts posts from this selection.

Mr. Steak posted:

im determined to kill jokephase before it begins. and any player desperate to cling to it for longer than 1 or 2 posts is scum

4 minutes later...

Mr. Steak posted:

ive gotta sleep soon so i'll do my proper d1 solve the game routine after everyone else has checked in

8 hours, 26 minutes later...

Mr. Steak posted:

humalong is town this game.

u r welcome for my infallible humdar

4 minutes later...

Mr. Steak posted:

weirdly serious post.

##vote db
[yes you saw that right, here i am voting somebody for being too serious]

1 minute later...

Mr. Steak posted:

yeah btw teeth aren't made out of bone. ENAMEL is different than bone you IDIOT

1 hour, 14 minutes later...

4 hours, 12 minutes later...

[the votefinder post that bif has been talking about]

Bif has made it very clear that she's sticking to her story that my posts made her think the game was getting serious, and that my votefinder fuckery post was a strange reversal from my earlier seriousposting. I'll let you draw your own conclusions about how likely you think it was that bif actually thought that.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Sandwolf posted:

feel free to correct me DGK but I think he was joking, it’s like a running joke between he and I at this point

Didn't read passed this. I am not joking. You did this exact thing the game before last that I was in with you. You even admitted it in the scum chat I read post game. You said you were ignoring me hoping it went away. It did. You're trying it again here. Now I'm going to read.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Bifauxnen posted:

What was there to ignore

Way to read the thread, BTW. You've missed this like this when you were scum before. Not seen you miss things like this as town, seeing as you actively read the thread then. It's not like there were three pages between them.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Mr. Steak posted:

side note: if bif is scum then i think sandwolf is also scum.

just a hunch

I think they both are scum yes

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Mr. Steak posted:

so was my reaction bad when i asked you a question, or did it become bad when i started posting in response to your answer?

im asking for a friend

This is good

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Mr. Steak posted:

btw sandwolf you have a bad habit of defending scumbuds in thread really obviously.

just an fyi :P

Yes he does, and that is exactly what this reads like having just been scum with him my last game

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

DGK2000 posted:

Way to read the thread, BTW. You've missed this like this when you were scum before. Not seen you miss things like this as town, seeing as you actively read the thread then. It's not like there were three pages between them.

Missed what? That's the whole point. I went to check your posts before I posted that, thinking I must have missed something, and you'd only had two posts for Sandwolf to ignore since the game opened. One was just emptyquoting Amni's pregame desire to turbo me. The other was this:

DGK2000 posted:

##vote Sandwolf convince me you aren't scumbo

That early on D1, I took that as simply a joke but my comprehension skills are clearly in serious doubt this game

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

Well that sure does seem to happen to you a lot, I wonder why that is?

Townies change their thoughts based on feelings and you yourself have said this numerous times in other games. You post is disingenuous as hell.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Mr. Steak posted:

btw can we please let the record show that humalong is the one who did this, and i merely quoted it w bad formatting as a gag. idk why bif never expressed annoyance at hunalong's post but i want this to be clear

Yeah hum does it a ton so I got a chuckle out of it

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DGK2000 posted:

Townies change their thoughts based on feelings and you yourself have said this numerous times in other games. You post is disingenuous as hell.

aah! you misinterpreted this post the exact same way i did!

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what bif meant (i learned later) is that *fighting with townies* happens to me a lot

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

PMush Perfect posted:

This is a slap fight, isn't it? Unless Steak is scum, and just being Steak, but that's a null tell. I don't think scum Bif would tilt this hard.

I believe scum bif would manufacture this

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

DGK2000 posted:

My "this happens a lot" was in response to the bolded section below.

Mr. Steak posted:

of course my position has evolved over the last few minutes. i know what its like to argue with well-meaning town and this does not feel like it

Steak and I managed to clear this up later

Mr. Steak posted:

could you explain why you think that happens to me a lot?

Bifauxnen posted:

It means I've seen you get into a lot of big fights as both scum and town, and :words:

Mr. Steak posted:

ohhh u meant arguing happens to me a lot.

But I'll just sit on this draft for a while and see if you bother to correct yourself when you get there hey

Oh nvm Steak spoiled it

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Mr. Steak posted:

what bif meant (i learned later) is that *fighting with townies* happens to me a lot

You also fight with scum, based on experience.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

Hard disagree, it made me laugh!

I think this feels a little cheap Pmush, like you just want to cast some shade but don’t want to wade into the Steak/Bif thing

You mean the steak bif thing you claimed to not read?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Well jokephase twilight was fun, but...

##vote Steak

Bifs posting so far is perfectly in line with how they act when they are town, and I dont see them as super frustrated so much as locking onto a possible target and not letting up, which she tends to do if she feels theres a lead.

Steak is acting chaotic as per usual, and would normally be a null vote but the early and more direct cuts of their hyperbole seems... not as performative laissez faire as his usual townie self, generally they are more scattershot and less ready to tango with an attcker this early, instead continuing to provoke at near random. Here though, they seem ready to lock horns with bif and lay out structured rhetoric.

more importantly, my gut is telling me this isnt bussing or a town slapfight, and of the two Im leaning on Steak for scum.

Im a tad sus that DGK is bussing Sandwolf, but that may just be a red herring. What say you to this Nurse?

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

##vote Pmush

Hey explain and also maybe give your thoughts on someone rather than making jokes and not commenting on alignments

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sandnavyguy posted:

Well jokephase twilight was fun, but...

##vote Steak

Bifs posting so far is perfectly in line with how they act when they are town, and I dont see them as super frustrated so much as locking onto a possible target and not letting up, which she tends to do if she feels theres a lead.

Steak is acting chaotic as per usual, and would normally be a null vote but the early and more direct cuts of their hyperbole seems... not as performative laissez faire as his usual townie self, generally they are more scattershot and less ready to tango with an attcker this early, instead continuing to provoke at near random. Here though, they seem ready to lock horns with bif and lay out structured rhetoric.

more importantly, my gut is telling me this isnt bussing or a town slapfight, and of the two Im leaning on Steak for scum.

Im a tad sus that DGK is bussing Sandwolf, but that may just be a red herring. What say you to this Nurse?

do you have anything not meta to say?

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

Oh nvm Steak spoiled it

True but doesn't change that I agree with him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh and im flattered that you think my rhetoric is structured.

<3