Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I am frustrated!

Just not super hard tilt frustrated. I'm not mad at anyone I just hate when I bother to drop my fun tone to spell out and explain a lot of poo poo and all I get is words no work good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Mr. Steak posted:

do you have anything not meta to say?

This early Day 1 in a currently pure vanilla game when the only posts of major note for nearly 2 pages was seemingly a less performative gambit than usual?

Not really.

There are many post interactions flying around for us all to break down soon, sure, and I alluded to one of the more suspicious ones, but I think some early pressure is in order.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Mr. Steak posted:

oh and im flattered that you think my rhetoric is structured.

<3

Elementary, my dear extinct reptile.

but yes, I do think there's a general pattern to your madness on a meta level, and somethings just pinging about the interactions with bif today.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

DGK I feel like you should be past this weird paradigm you have where you think you can ascertain my alignment instantaneously based on how I react or don't react to some random D1 shitpost so I honestly think you're using it as a smokescreen as scum, so I think you're scummy here

steak I can't quite tell if has lost all ability to rethink their vision of the game but I think Bif is acting totally normally, steak seems like he's all smoke no fire. Could be town, but I'm leaning scummy

sng & stg both seem p. good to me so far

PMush is pinging me the hardest though, because like I said I feel like the shot on STG was cheap and then their response to that pressure just felt like it was dodging the question, I'm happy to leave my vote there now

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
general response to sng and sandwolf:

of course bif is acting normal. scum dont tend to just... stand out in this game. did i say i got gut feelings about bif or sensed something in her tone? no. please look at the things she has *said* and observe how those things do not mesh with reality.

seriously, i want everyone to do a couple steps, in this order.

1: examine the thread/my posts at the time shortly before bif's original vote on me.
2: draw conclusions about whether i appeared to be serious in thread at that time
3: compare your conclusions to bif's conclusion that i was quite serious.

bif has still not softened on her position that i'd caused her to believe thread was exiting jokephase. there is no way that position is genuine

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

##Vote SNG

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

It’s because of this:

sandnavyguy posted:

Well jokephase twilight was fun, but...

##vote Steak

Bifs posting so far is perfectly in line with how they act when they are town, and I dont see them as super frustrated so much as locking onto a possible target and not letting up, which she tends to do if she feels theres a lead.

Steak is acting chaotic as per usual, and would normally be a null vote but the early and more direct cuts of their hyperbole seems... not as performative laissez faire as his usual townie self, generally they are more scattershot and less ready to tango with an attcker this early, instead continuing to provoke at near random. Here though, they seem ready to lock horns with bif and lay out structured rhetoric.

more importantly, my gut is telling me this isnt bussing or a town slapfight, and of the two Im leaning on Steak for scum.

Im a tad sus that DGK is bussing Sandwolf, but that may just be a red herring. What say you to this Nurse?

When I read the Bif/Steak conversation, I struggled to draw an alignment call. Reading SNG’s post, I think he has just decided he’s got to pick a side, and he’s manufactured a reason to do so. It’s wishy washy and meta, and gives him plenty of room to back out of it.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

And he’s gone for the safer vote, which is to bring the two level, instead of making a clear shout to push Bif as vote leader. That’s quite nebulous, but it’s exactly what I would expect scum to do if Bif and Steak are (as I lean towards) both town...

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Scientastic posted:

And he’s gone for the safer vote, which is to bring the two level, instead of making a clear shout to push Bif as vote leader. That’s quite nebulous, but it’s exactly what I would expect scum to do if Bif and Steak are (as I lean towards) both town...

It *is* the safe vote. and also the right one.

How on earth are you reading them as a town slapfight?

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I think Bif’s reaction to steak is fine, she seems perfectly normal to me, and I don’t understand why people think she’s overreacting or being performative. I feel like Bif and I have quite a similar play style, and she’s reacting in a way I think is townie.

Steak is playing exactly as he always does on D1, and while I personally find his approach somewhat annoying, I have to begrudgingly admit that I have come to respect it a little bit more having played a few games with him. Aggression is a good way to start, this is very much the Steak town game.

I think the people who are scum are the ones cheerleading the fight from the sidelines, hoping to get one of these players executed.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
WITH THE BULLSHIT REMOVED MANUALLY

Votecount for Day 1

Bifauxnen (3): Amnistar, Retro Futurist, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Mr. Steak
Mr. Steak (3): PMush Perfect, Scientastic, Scientastic, Mr. Humalong, PMush Perfect, Dick Bastardly, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Bifauxnen, Dick Bastardly, sandnavyguy
Sandwolf (1): DGK2000,
PMush Perfect (1): sandnavyguy, Scientastic, Scientastic, Sandwolf, sandnavyguy
Retro Futurist (1): sirtommygunn, Sandwolf, sirtommygunn, Dick Bastardly, Sandwolf
sandnavyguy (1): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Scientastic
Idle Amalgam (1): PMush Perfect,
Scientastic (1): Idle Amalgam,
Dick Bastardly (1): ObamaAkbar., Scientastic, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Scientastic

Not Voting (1): sirtommygunn

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 09th, 2020 at 1 p.m. PST -- that's in about 2 days, 12 hours.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Dick Bastardly posted:

This is exactly what it looks like except you are complicit and possibly also scum

This is a scum post, would also vote DB, especially as he is content to throw shade at both Steak and Bif, but jokevote RF

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

PMush Perfect posted:

This is the wildest loving way for jokephase to end.

Steak is always like this, but I'm not sure I've seen him get under Bif's skin like this before.

PMush Perfect posted:

I can't believe you guys can't believe we aren't reading this multipage slap fight

PMush Perfect posted:

This is a slap fight, isn't it? Unless Steak is scum, and just being Steak, but that's a null tell. I don't think scum Bif would tilt this hard.

These are also scum posts.

Would vote any of SNG, DB or Pmush, they’re all posting scummy poo poo

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Scientastic posted:

I think Bif’s reaction to steak is fine, she seems perfectly normal to me, and I don’t understand why people think she’s overreacting or being performative. I feel like Bif and I have quite a similar play style, and she’s reacting in a way I think is townie.

Steak is playing exactly as he always does on D1, and while I personally find his approach somewhat annoying, I have to begrudgingly admit that I have come to respect it a little bit more having played a few games with him. Aggression is a good way to start, this is very much the Steak town game.

I think the people who are scum are the ones cheerleading the fight from the sidelines, hoping to get one of these players executed.

But steak isnt playing the same. You've played several with him, and I know you have a fairly good scumdar and a solid ability to read players.
Aggressive is his MO yes, but its usually more sporadic? This is significantly more focused and surgical.

In fact this reminds me of Steaks fight with Humalog in Food Crimes.

I could buy you feeling they are acting townish, but this most definitely is not their normal D1 post style as Town and I'm not sure why you're pretending it is?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Aaaaaa Sci you are wonderful as always but whenever someone actually gets me I get so paranoid it's a Jafar situation

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

currentscum reads are: Steak Sci and sorta-kinda DGK

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

DGK I could buy being just a very misguided townie actually, that small Sandwolf kerfuffle is giving me some early-detection buildup-to-merkfight vibes

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

sandnavyguy posted:

It *is* the safe vote. and also the right one.

How on earth are you reading them as a town slapfight?

Well, because I have been on the receiving end of a Steak D1 inquisition as and reacted exactly as Bif is doing, and I’ve seen Steak, as town, do exactly what he is doing now. I don’t think there’s an alignment call to be made on either, but I think there’s a vested interest for scum to push the dichotomy, which is exactly what you did.

I’ve seen this happen in multiple recent games, and the arguments have always been between two townies with gleeful scum rubbing their hands together on the sidelines. I’ve been scum and promoted and pushed those fights and made them worse, and I’ve been scum and artificially inflated the arguments and voted to keep them going. Again, exactly as you did.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i cant suspect dgk after he just agreed with me so much.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

DGK I could buy being just a very misguided townie actually, that small Sandwolf kerfuffle is giving me some early-detection buildup-to-merkfight vibes

not familiar enough with merks play to understand the reference

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mr. Steak posted:

i cant suspect dgk after he just agreed with me so much.

Fuckin lol

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Time for breakfast.

It’s Dinovember in our house, so all the toy dinosaurs come alive at night and make a big mess in a variety of amusing scenes to delight and confound my children.

Last night I heard them making a big mess in the kitchen and preparing to cook and eat us, so while this has been a fun update, I need to go and tidy up.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i hope sng is town cuz that would (apparently) make this our 5th game in a row where he was wrong about my alignment. and that would be really funny

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’m pretty sure this is town Sci, thankfully

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Scientastic posted:

Well, because I have been on the receiving end of a Steak D1 inquisition as and reacted exactly as Bif is doing, and I’ve seen Steak, as town, do exactly what he is doing now. I don’t think there’s an alignment call to be made on either, but I think there’s a vested interest for scum to push the dichotomy, which is exactly what you did.

I’ve seen this happen in multiple recent games, and the arguments have always been between two townies with gleeful scum rubbing their hands together on the sidelines. I’ve been scum and promoted and pushed those fights and made them worse, and I’ve been scum and artificially inflated the arguments and voted to keep them going. Again, exactly as you did.

see, heres the thing.

When I was scum in Horus, I made your *exact* argument based on the bif/Hambeet fight. I believe you and Amni immediately pounced on me for it, and you were right.

I said they seemed to be both town having a town fight, and scum was watching and egging on.

And I think you're trying to get away with something similar.

it wasn't omgus that led to my suspicion of you right now, its just the similarity of scum me and presumably your current scum play.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Mr. Steak posted:

i hope sng is town cuz that would (apparently) make this our 5th game in a row where he was wrong about my alignment. and that would be really funny

Ive trusted you too much :p

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Sandwolf posted:

I’m pretty sure this is town Sci, thankfully

I dunno, maybe it is, but Im wary of sci jumping to steaks defense when usually they treat them Null D1 until theres more interaction.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

sandnavyguy posted:

I dunno, maybe it is, but Im wary of sci jumping to steaks defense when usually they treat them Null D1 until theres more interaction.

I believe that is Sci warming up to learning the ebbs and flows of the steak

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

none of this changes the fact I currently still find steak more of a target rn, because if sci is scum then they are definitely trying to protect a scumbro,

and if sci is town, well then they are just wrong and I *still* think steak is scum.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

and lol steak if Im wrong 5 times in a row from now on I'll only vote you when Im positive you're the most angelic of towns.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sandnavyguy posted:

and lol steak if Im wrong 5 times in a row from now on I'll only vote you when Im positive you're the most angelic of towns.

u still have time to change your opinion before the end of the game (or your death). nothing is locked in stone!

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Sandwolf posted:

DGK I feel like you should be past this weird paradigm you have where you think you can ascertain my alignment instantaneously based on how I react or don't react to some random D1 shitpost so I honestly think you're using it as a smokescreen as scum, so I think you're scummy here

This is almost what you said when we were scum together and I posted it to keep up looks. You aren't dissuading me, and I have been wrong exactly zero times.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
a lot of in depth meta talk this game

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Scientastic posted:

Please think about Wolfie

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

Sandwolf is the one who loses his poo poo when he is town and I pressure him, as evidenced by previous games where I put a little on him.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lets all take the "dont use meta reasoning" challenge

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Mr. Steak posted:

Ok, he avoided responding to me and proceeded to continue posting very very little in the way of content. When pointed out, acknowledged he was doing so and continued to be white noise.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DGK2000 posted:

Ok, he avoided responding to me and proceeded to continue posting very very little in the way of content. When pointed out, acknowledged he was doing so and continued to be white noise.

i definitely agree that sandwolf could be scummy (and if he is, we totally got him dead-to-rights defending bif), but the whole "ignoring you" thing isnt a strong case at all. if i were sandwolf i probably would have ignored the post too

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
about the white noise posting and noncommital comments though, agreed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Mr. Steak posted:

"lets all decide to disregard one of the few tools in a toolbelt that can be used to judge my posting"
-A Dinosaur waggling its eyebrows