Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

yeah nah yeah, don’t think too scummy of Steak anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Wow lot of posts to get through this morning!

My feelings so far, bif/steak slap fights feels like they are mostly talking past each other, although I thought it was pretty obvious that steak was joking with his earlier “serious” posting and I’m not sure why bif is if pretending that his quote of hummalong was him uncharacteristically going back to joking.

Not liking the meta reads really as it would be easy for scum to act differently to throw off town, or mislead players who are less familiar by trying to push a bullshit meta read.

Especially not liking the “this is how you/I posted in x game when we were both scum” rhetoric. Both DGK and SNG are guilty of this and it smacks of grasping at straws.

DB’s posting hasn’t gotten any better either and I no joke think he might actually be scum again lol

Would also vote SNG, DGK and bif in that order

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Wow lot of posts to get through this morning!

My feelings so far, bif/steak slap fights feels like they are mostly talking past each other, although I thought it was pretty obvious that steak was joking with his earlier “serious” posting and I’m not sure why bif is if pretending that his quote of hummalong was him uncharacteristically going back to joking.

Wait what

Ok first of all, how would him going back to joking be "uncharacteristic"

Second of all, do you think all of his posts since start of game have been joking, third of all why does that even matter when I just fuckin voted him cause he annoyed me with his joke being so annoying spamming up votefinder it made me go "wtf is this poo poo, what happened to murdering jokephase"

Fourth of all, what am I "pretending" I didn't even say anything about his Hum post until just a bit afo cause I'd already assembled a bunch of serious posts to quote on my phone and that seemed like enough to illustrate but Steak was all "but wait you didn't quote literally every post of mine" and he's like look I went back to joking but I don't loving care because it was something to poke him on and it worked I don't CARE how many jokeposts he had in between or whether a certain one was actually a joke it has nothing to do with anything that happened when he decided to flip the gently caress out over my vote

##vote obama

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Bifauxnen posted:

Wait what

Ok first of all, how would him going back to joking be "uncharacteristic"

Second of all, do you think all of his posts since start of game have been joking, third of all why does that even matter when I just fuckin voted him cause he annoyed me with his joke being so annoying spamming up votefinder it made me go "wtf is this poo poo, what happened to murdering jokephase"

Fourth of all, what am I "pretending" I didn't even say anything about his Hum post until just a bit afo cause I'd already assembled a bunch of serious posts to quote on my phone and that seemed like enough to illustrate but Steak was all "but wait you didn't quote literally every post of mine" and he's like look I went back to joking but I don't loving care because it was something to poke him on and it worked I don't CARE how many jokeposts he had in between or whether a certain one was actually a joke it has nothing to do with anything that happened when he decided to flip the gently caress out over my vote

##vote obama

Maybe uncharacteristic was the incorrect word to use, all I’m saying is it was obvious he was joking originally, I’m not saying all his posts were joking but I didn’t see anything scummy in them.

Maybe my brain is fried from trying to read all those posts with the night I just had but that’s how I read the situation and it feels like several posters itt are using spurious meta reads and grasping at straws to try and push their cases. That seems more scummy to me than someone getting frustrated that they are being misunderstood

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
DB is probably scum.

Scientastic is town.

Steak is steak. Hell if I know if they're town or scum.

SnG pinged me the wrong way but I'm not sold on that one.

AGreed with Bif on Obama.

Bif is probably town.

##vote DB

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

One day this year, I will get a D1 turbo off the ground. Please help me make my dreams become a reality next game.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Remind me what the DB case is again? I wanna hear it in your words.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

PMush Perfect posted:

Remind me what the DB case is again? I wanna hear it in your words.

This post:

Dick Bastardly posted:

This is exactly what it looks like except you are complicit and possibly also scum

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Also, good morning. I’ve slept on things!

Something about Steak feels different from how he usually plays. It’s like he’s invested in being listened to, instead of just speaking what’s on his heart. There’s no chaos here. I don’t know what that means, exactly, but on D1 in an all vanilla game, I’m not liking it.

Bif, IDK, but I don’t think I’m voting her today.

Getting a hard town read on Sci right now, really liking most of those posts.

Not really many hard scum reads, but I’d probably vote DGK, Obama, Amni, or a lurker.

Preview Edit:

Amnistar posted:

This post:

Oh hey, I have a scum read now.

##vote Amnistar

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Actually, I can just ask, can’t I?

Steak, why are you so invested in this case?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Are we going to get into a fight now pmush? Because I don't think D1 can take another 3 pages of aggro.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Amnistar posted:

Are we going to get into a fight now pmush? Because I don't think D1 can take another 3 pages of aggro.

You gave up on the D1 turbo, and admitted it, but your main case still has the same substance as an attempted D1 turbo. It's making me feel way worse about the push in retrospect.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Lol steak

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Amnistar posted:

DB is probably scum.

Scientastic is town.

Steak is steak. Hell if I know if they're town or scum.

SnG pinged me the wrong way but I'm not sold on that one.

AGreed with Bif on Obama.

Bif is probably town.

##vote DB

Why is scientastic town

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Idle Amalgam posted:

Why is scientastic town

Because they're playing a strong town game.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

PMush Perfect posted:

You gave up on the D1 turbo, and admitted it, but your main case still has the same substance as an attempted D1 turbo. It's making me feel way worse about the push in retrospect.

Ah, we are fighting, great!

No, I think DB is scum because of the post in which they, functionally, said one of the two people fighting was scum but didn't vote for either of them and continued to poo poo post and dick around.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Nvm, I see the reasoning for scientastic as town

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Amnistar posted:

Ah, we are fighting, great!

No, I think DB is scum because of the post in which they, functionally, said one of the two people fighting was scum but didn't vote for either of them and continued to poo poo post and dick around.

eh, I don’t think that’s that open n shut

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

eh, I don’t think that’s that open n shut

neither do I! Hence my alignment call being "probably scum." I don't have a strong scum read today, so I'm going with one of my weak ones.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
I can see the case for db. Voted steak early, responded seriously and accusatorily to Bif, and then makes a jokey turbo vote on opop

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Idle Amalgam posted:

I can see the case for db. Voted steak early, responded seriously and accusatorily to Bif, and then makes a jokey turbo vote on opop
Congrats, you've now put more effort into explaining Amni's case than he did.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

PMush Perfect posted:

This is just snipey!

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

This is just snipey!

shush you, the adults are fighting.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

sandnavyguy posted:

This early Day 1 in a currently pure vanilla game when the only posts of major note for nearly 2 pages was seemingly a less performative gambit than usual?

Not really.

There are many post interactions flying around for us all to break down soon, sure, and I alluded to one of the more suspicious ones, but I think some early pressure is in order.

There is certainly some content to comment on which is guiding me to see who might be lurking scum not participating so far.

Amni - low post count, but read earnest. Has an actual reason to vote me. Leaning town for Amni.

Obama - Low post count, but the content within is good. Looks like they actually took the time and effort to read the Bif/Steak interaction in depth. Leaning town for OA.

AA/IA (amalgam) - Low post count over half of which are jokey, the other posts are lazy latching on to established cases/suss. Seems scummy to me. Not too good of a look so far.

Humalong - very very paltry collection of posts so far, none of which seem particularly bad (other than the votefinder tomfoolery, but that is alignment neutral imo). Hum will be looking suss if they don't make good on their intent to make some comments/reads on the Bif/steak interactions. I'm null on Hum atm.

STG - Once again, paltry showing thus far. Lighthearted, but also seeming to lack conviction for a take. It's early, I know, but we now have content to read over. Giving me bad gutfeels but I know they are pretty new so I'll give the benefit of the doubt for now. Null read but I'll be following their progress moving forward with interest.

##vote AA

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm leaning DGK/DB, and maybe sci and/or sng at this time.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I don’t really see compelling cases or even points on DB/Obama. They both seem fine to me, maybe lightly more suss on DB, but, again, nothin very persuasive.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Fwiw the Bif/steak thing does read like a town slapfight, but I am paranoid that one or both of them are using well established meta (particularly Steak's earlygame town meta) as a smokescreen. Maybe I'm 4D chessing it too hard, but I'm not going to write them off just yet.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I'm gonna be busy for the rest of the day so I'm gonna force myself to make some gut reads on everyone here

Strong Scum: Amnistar, Idle Amalgam

Weak Scum: Retro Futurist, Mr. Steak, Mr. Humalong, Pmush

Weak Town: Bifauxnen, Sandwolf, DGK, Obama, Scientastic, SNG

Strong Town: DB

##vote Idle Amalgam is my strongest read because of how they've been sitting back, not making any reads of their own while jumping in on other's arguments while sticking to their initial joke vote.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

sirtommygunn posted:

I'm gonna be busy for the rest of the day so I'm gonna force myself to make some gut reads on everyone here

##vote Idle Amalgam is my strongest read because of how they've been sitting back, not making any reads of their own while jumping in on other's arguments while sticking to their initial joke vote.

Yikes

##vote stg

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Humalong posted:

Yikes

##vote stg

nah man, he's new

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

nah man, he's new

STG/DB scum team.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Sandwolf posted:

This is just snipey!

:ironicat:

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Yeah STG posted like this last game and he was town so I wouldn’t really read much into that. Still finding his feet

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Yeah STG posted like this last game and he was town so I wouldn’t really read much into that. Still finding his feet

If Obama is scum, I don't think STG is scum.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

PMush Perfect posted:

Weird react imo, sus

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

sirtommygunn posted:

What you'll come to find out is... I play in the 5th dimension, where the chronological presentation of facts or arrivals at ultimate conclusions mean nothing to me.

I'll figure it all out day 1, Second guess myself and mislead myself or others day 2, stumble upon - then subsequently get hung up on - something that you all collectively figured out several game days prior...

Then somehow, if I survive, I'll save the day or make a grim decision that dooms us all, but I most certainly have town's best interest at heart.

Believe it!

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Hmmmm

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

present a case or go gently caress yourself dude seriously this is is intolerable

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

There’s no way DGK isn’t using this as a shade for his scum game, but I’m not gonna be in another D1 slapfight so I’m hoping you guys will just see this stupid myopia based on nothing for what it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
I think DGK is being annoying with this meta tunnel, but not inherently scummy at this time? I mean if it continued towards the end of D1 or into the next day...

I think the :ironicat: on snipey is hypocritical in nature.

The emoticon is supposed to imply that your behavior is hypocritical, but with no further explanation by DGK, it too is... sus.

So while I think their meta based reason for "pressuring" you comes across as a tad obnoxious and irrelevant to this game, I could begin to see a pattern for the case you've raised against them Sand.

OVERALL, inconclusive and curious.