Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

Idle Amalgam posted:

So while I think their meta based reason for "pressuring" you comes across as a tad obnoxious and irrelevant to this game, I could begin to see a pattern for the case you've raised against them Sand.

OVERALL, inconclusive and curious.

CLARIFICATION I think it comes across as irrelevant to this game, but not overtly a reason for them being scum, but I could begin to see a pattern for your case*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Amnistar posted:

STG/DB scum team.

:wrong:

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
its not worth pursuing bif more at this time. she has switched off of me and out of respect i'll do the same for her.

##vote amnistar

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Mr. Steak posted:

its not worth pursuing bif more at this time. she has switched off of me and out of respect i'll do the same for her.

##vote amnistar

You're doing it wrong steak. You're supposed to vote for people you think are scum.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mr. Steak posted:

##vote amnistar

What

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Morning all, only slightly hungover so that's good

Amnistar posted:

You're doing it wrong steak.

Lol this

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Mr. Steak posted:

##vote amnistar
What.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what is so confusing to y'all? i suspect amni next highest after bif

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mr. Steak posted:

what is so confusing to y'all? i suspect amni next highest after bif

Right that's the confusing part. You've backed off your strongest scum read because they are leaving you alone. It's not great, steak

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i was close to voting db but then realized i dont really have feelings about him myself and i'd just be going with the flow of thread. so i looked into why i was instinctively feeling like db was a safe vote to switch to and found amni's posts. they certainly arent doing a good job of casing db but what they *are* doing is plopping a vote down early on a safe candidate who several others have expressed they could be convinced to vote him too.

i do very much still think bif is scum, but pushing the conversation more right now would only be a distraction

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im sorry if ive disappointed you by failing to play the role of distraction all day.

i mean, whats the point of chaos if you can be relied upon to be consistently chaotic?

no, i'll no longer be aggro on bif today

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I suggest we instead lunch PMush

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sandwolf posted:

I suggest we instead lunch PMush

i would be open to that. i was just thinking their interactions in thread seem fake and pmush's response to my vote reeks of "wait i didnt expect my bus to gain traction"

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
:agreed:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Votes where your mouth is folks

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Mr. Humalong posted:

Yikes

##vote stg

Try using some words here to explain what is so "yikes" about my post.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sirtommygunn posted:

Try using some words here to explain what is so "yikes" about my post.

you'll never get humalong to post words. dont waste your time

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Ok feeling more awake now, I don't think a Steak lunch is gonna happen today but I do keep coming back to that Obama post:

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Wow lot of posts to get through this morning!

My feelings so far, bif/steak slap fights feels like they are mostly talking past each other, although I thought it was pretty obvious that steak was joking with his earlier “serious” posting and I’m not sure why bif is if pretending that his quote of hummalong was him uncharacteristically going back to joking.

I could understand people skimming through and not really wanting to read the whole fight, but this paragraph seems like such a nonsense read of situation. I cannot see how any of it logically follows at all from anything we said or what the purpose is except to drop in this idea that I'm "pretending" about something and keep me in as the lowkey #3 on his to-lunch list

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
I am good voting for Obama on the grounds of "That's a lot of posts" is alike an 80% accurate scum tell.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

I’m watching for steak reactions and they aren’t jumping at me the way I thought they would as scum.
Hmmmm. Still not convinced tho.

DGK is pinging me, I thought it was an initial Sand bus but Sand just not playing along well enough for me to see him as being complicit.

Steak/DGK and Sci, maybe AA but I’m not quite sure. No clue of their meta, but I’m getting some scummy vibes from their recent reactions to light pressure with that small vote.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Amnistar posted:

I am good voting for Obama on the grounds of "That's a lot of posts" is alike an 80% accurate scum tell.

I’m skeptical of that being accurate since it’s so arbitrary but that’s exactly how you caught me before as scum, so maybe I should just listen to it I dunno. But Obama is acting similar to their last town game

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

SNG whatcha think of PMush

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I agree that OA's take on Steak's level of seriousness/intent earlier isn't great. Even I thought it possible Steak was being legit serious with their day opener.

First post after game start:

Mr. Steak posted:

smh why do scum always post super early on day 1? something about getting pinged in discord? idk its just a trend i've noticed. and this is a weird "pretending to be jokephase" post...

Third ":

Mr. Steak posted:

fyi last time i saw sandnavyguy use the "sand solidarity" thing on d1, he was an sk lol. so im wary of him bringing up the exact same thing

A few after third:

Mr. Steak posted:

im determined to kill jokephase before it begins. and any player desperate to cling to it for longer than 1 or 2 posts is scum

This doesn't read to me like Steak was being flippant and jokey, which makes OA's take look disingenuous and unnecessarily shady. Would vote OA today but I still like my current vote and probably won't budge unless we face a NL situation.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dick Bastardly posted:

I agree that OA's take on Steak's level of seriousness/intent earlier isn't great. Even I thought it possible Steak was being legit serious with their day opener.

First post after game start:

Third ":

A few after third:

This doesn't read to me like Steak was being flippant and jokey, which makes OA's take look disingenuous and unnecessarily shady. Would vote OA today but I still like my current vote and probably won't budge unless we face a NL situation.

the thing is (and this has been my entire argument against bif):

after those posts at the start of the day, i went to sleep and thread proceeded to continue being joke-filled and here was no content. when i woke up i said gently caress it and made a bunch of jokes as well, as that was the tone of thread. but apparently bif had the opposite feeling because she was stuck in the previous irl day when i'd said i would kill jokephase. the entire night had passed and my tone obviously changed, if you look at the timestamps on my posts. hats why ive been saying bif's impression was disingenuous

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oa must be town because scum is bending over backwards to justify bif's faked opinion

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i'll go here cuz i think its more likely to happen than amnistar
##vote pmush

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

And my point is it doesn't even loving matter how many posts of his were serious or which ones, I just wanted to bug Steak and vote him cause the VF joke made me annoyed, and used the "I thought you were killing jokephase" as a way to make it sting a bit more and see if he'd have an interesting reaction.

Which he did. And he's proven he understands the whole concept of trying to create content by pressing people to observe them. Yet he's trying to push this idea that my actions and mindset couldn't possibly be town, he can't even conceive of it, because if I'm town I shouldn't have seen X post as serious or Y post as joking, as if that is some kind of actual evidence and has any relevance at all to what I was actually doing.

Ugh yknow what I gotta still try, I know the urge to assume any drawn-out talking-past-each-other engagement is a townie slapfight is powerful but I don't think it's right.

##vote Steak

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
jk lol ##vote amni

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bifauxnen posted:

it doesn't even loving matter how many posts of his were serious or which ones, I just wanted to bug Steak and vote him cause the VF joke made me annoyed, and used the "I thought you were killing jokephase" as a way to make it sting a bit more and see if he'd have an interesting reaction.##vote Steak

Bifauxnen posted:

I had voted Steak while complaining about him making such an obnoxious VF-cluttering joke after promising such serious play, he asked what made me think things were serious, and I replied with "You". That was what got him to come screaming in all "this has got to be a fake opinion".

What is the opinion that he thinks is fake? That he had already noticably made a lot of serious posts and drew attention to it? That this made me think the game was getting serious now

so the opinion was fake, is what you're saying?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bifauxnen posted:

I do not want to change the "narrative" that I thought you were causing the game to be more serious because THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I AM ATTEMPTING TO COMMUNICATE TO YOU STEAK

this is kind of an overblown reaction to something you only pretended to believe to "bug" me.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bifauxnen posted:

I just wanted to bug Steak and vote him cause the VF joke made me annoyed, and used the "I thought you were killing jokephase" as a way to make it sting a bit more

lets repeat this one for the people in the back

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bifauxnen posted:

I do not want to change the "narrative" that I thought you were causing the game to be more serious because THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I AM ATTEMPTING TO COMMUNICATE TO YOU STEAK

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i promised to soften on you, but then you slipped by admitting to your lie.

c'est la vie ##vote bif

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Please just lunch either him or me so this can end

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
bif, do you want to try justifying this post now that you're claiming the "narrative" was just to bug me?

Bifauxnen posted:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bif whatdo you think of PMush?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I feel like I have almost no threshold for this Bif/Steak thing, I’m sorry guys. I think I have soft town reads on y’all. Could I ask it as a personal favor to me Lobo del Arena to try to save it until D2?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sandwolf posted:

I feel like I have almost no threshold for this Bif/Steak thing, I’m sorry guys. I think I have soft town reads on y’all. Could I ask it as a personal favor to me Lobo del Arena to try to save it until D2?

okay but you're almost certainly bif's scumbud, so please let the townies decide on their own

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Guys I'm actually a 3P survivorish role and even though it is not in my best interest to overtly hunt scum and get NK'ed, actually it's in my best interests to get townies lunched, I figured I should just play like normal cause it's so hard for me not to and I often end up wrong anyway so hey it could work out.

So it is probably in your best interests to lunch me but I just want you all to know that Steak is still wrong and is dense as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Annoying someone into a non-town alignment claim, drat Steak I'm impressed.