Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

After a few matches of Accent Core on fullscreen mode, does anyone else start to get bad tearing? It seems to only happen after 10 minutes or so of play. The tearing goes away with vsync on, but I hear that vsync is terrible for rollback. The tearing also goes away in windowed mode, but I still feel like I'm noticing some weird slowdowns in framerate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
There's no technical reason vsync should be terrible for rollback (it is a technique that's all about loosening the timing between both peers, which is the reason why a game like SFV can mess up its player sync that much), however on an unrelated note it does add up to one frame of extra input lag for you.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Are they gonna crank rollback up to 4 this time

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
Maybe even up to 6!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Wait tekken has rollback? Whats the catch

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

neosloth
Sep 5, 2013

Professional Procrastinator

Real hurthling! posted:

It doesn't work

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Harada please

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
Any next gen tekken news (in the unlikely event 7 gets a patch) ? Thinking of installing 7 on the new console when it arrives since season 1 and 2 are on sale on psn and I didn't stick with it even through season 1.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Real hurthling! posted:

Imagine yourself asking the Tekken guy "but does tekken use blockchain?". He squints at you, thinks a second, then answers "Yes, it has all the blockchains, of course". He crushes and throws an empty can of soda in a trash bin. "Even purple blockchains".

Well, same process for rollback. Tekken 7 rollback is 3! That's three times as much as the games with a rollback of only 1.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Did anyone laugh at them and make them feel bad yet?

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

Airport Music for Black Folk

Real hurthling! posted:

Did anyone laugh at them and make them feel bad yet?

Yes, but then they proceeded to double down on the claim.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lol
Hes such a good troll i respect it

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Nov 8, 2020

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
man +R rollback is such a good time and im gonna miss it

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

What would be the harm of just....leaving the beta on until the “real” release

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
This was announced at a Japanese indie event last night - it's being made by one guy who may or may not be an ASW veteran:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHkP1T6gjdA

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Nov 8, 2020

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

giogadi posted:

What would be the harm of just....leaving the beta on until the “real” release

Forcing people to play the beta during certain windows is as much about building hype as anything else.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
building hype...for a game they already own?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Hace posted:

The idea is to drive new people to buy it and to ensure peak player count when they do.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

This was announced at a Japanese indie event last night - it's being made by one guy who may or may not be an ASW veteran:

Even if it were a random unknown, it'd be pretty interesting because it looks really nice but yeah, the dev behind Polygonomicon is Junya C Motomura, who's probably best known in the west for being the tech artist who helmed Xrd's transition to 3D and giving a GDC talk about it, but in the usual Arcsys veteran fashion he's actually done a number of things from voice acting to being lead designer, director or translating lyrics to english.

Hace posted:

Like half of a beta player's role is to be an influencer, to make people buy the resulting game and seed the community. It's a notion that's a lot older than you'd think since it was already considered essential dev knowledge in the early MMO era.

Chev fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Nov 8, 2020

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Yeah but that’s true for new and upcoming games, rarely for older games in a series that are heavily discounted and have been around for years.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
Well, hype for an episode is hype for the series, too. On one hand the timing may be fortuitous and it's the result of long-running efforts of Team French Caliburst and Mike Z to get this revision going, but it's also rather clearly helping build up hype for the upcoming but delayed Strive, which boasts rollback as a feature, and judging by twitter comments it's working (and there are some echoes that internally the recent GGAC+R player count spikes may be working as a pretty good "told you so" rebuke to the whole "rollback isn't a good fit for GG" Arcsys management attitude. Hyping your bosses is important too).

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Let's hope it doesn't also reinforce the idea that people should hire Mike Z for things

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They might need the beta server to be empty for a few weeks to work on it and make changes before it launches for real

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
accent core plus is so loving good!!

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The main problem with For Honor is that it didn't have any catgirls.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

New Tekken moves for this season, find your main and see if it makes you want to play again when you couple it with better netcode
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkwJBRQE50c

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Gutter Owl posted:

The main problem with For Honor is that it didn't have any catgirls.

:hmmyes:

AC is insanely fun, and man do I need to figure out an air combo for dizzy that ends in a knockdown

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nazzadan posted:

New Tekken moves for this season, find your main and see if it makes you want to play again when you couple it with better netcode
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkwJBRQE50c

hey...it does! Lili having a new option into BT and what looks Julia being able to cancel f4 into crouch or something looks neat.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

All I care a out is new netcode and damage nerfs but it's cool they found a way to give Hei a seemingly useless new move again.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/AvoidThePuddle/status/1325510624911089664

:hai:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

did he ever say why he deleted his VODs other than "I wanted to" (which is a fine answer anyway)

at one point recently he was telling the story of when he went in and deleted them, he had nopants (his editor) on the phone simultaneously walking him through how to do it and trying to convince him not to lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Babe Magnet posted:

did he ever say why he deleted his VODs other than "I wanted to" (which is a fine answer anyway)

at one point recently he was telling the story of when he went in and deleted them, he had nopants (his editor) on the phone simultaneously walking him through how to do it and trying to convince him not to lol

huge raft of new DMCA claims starting in June is forcing lots of streamers to disable VODs completely or be banned or risk being banned in the near future since twitch is cracking down harder than ever

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Ngl he seems kinda upset he's not one of the namco favoured anymore. This streamers with s4 thing should be expected in the trash fire that streaming has created. It's definitely not going to get better lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Yeah there was another round of aggressive RIAA claims which are causing a bunch of high profile streamers strikes on their accounts.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

In Training posted:

huge raft of new DMCA claims starting in June is forcing lots of streamers to disable VODs completely or be banned or risk being banned in the near future since twitch is cracking down harder than ever

oh yeah I remember reading about that, that would make sense

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

I heard deleted vods were getting hit though.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Faffel posted:

Ngl he seems kinda upset he's not one of the namco favoured anymore. This streamers with s4 thing should be expected in the trash fire that streaming has created. It's definitely not going to get better lol
Think of Aris what you will, and there are obviously valid issues, but I don't think there's any jealousy there. There's a certain joy of experiencing a new release at the exact same time as the rest of the community and digging into all the changes, and the staggered rollout thing kind of tarnishes that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

American McGay posted:

Think of Aris what you will, and there are obviously valid issues, but I don't think there's any jealousy there. There's a certain joy of experiencing a new release at the exact same time as the rest of the community and digging into all the changes, and the staggered rollout thing kind of tarnishes that.

he didn't care when it was him and markman playing SCVI early lol.