Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Sometimes I think I enjoy the pizza cold the next morning more over having it hot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
I like chilaquiles with some chorizo on the side. That's my contribution to the breakfast derail.

Also, the reveal of the Mass Effect Remastered trilogy thing made me remember those amazing comics someone did around the time ME3 came out. Does anyone have a link to them? It was about the antics their femshep + Normandy crew got up to, and Javik dumping on everyone for having biologically inferior dicks.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
I think skoolmunkee did a lot of funny ME drawings

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=skoolmunkee+mass+effect&t=iphone&iax=images&ia=images

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

A lot of British food isn't great, but a beef roast with a massive Yorkshire pudding, roast potatoes, a couple of sides of veg like cabbage or broccoli, all drowned in gravy? Heaven.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

It would take a special kind of rear end in a top hat cuisine to ruin a roast. I can't even think of any terrible roast recipes.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Solice Kirsk posted:

It would take a special kind of rear end in a top hat cuisine to ruin a roast. I can't even think of any terrible roast recipes.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
So, uh, what's the deal with gangtags?

I never really bothered following what they were/mean, but the QCS thread is...exploding.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

pentyne posted:

I never really bothered following what they were/mean, but the QCS thread is...exploding.

the "nojoe" gangtag was for posters in cspam who pledged not to vote for joe biden in the election. in theory it was just a less consequential version of an election toxx, in practice it became a way for most of the posters with that gangtag to basically go "neener neener, liberal" on the politics forums

now that biden has been elected, the "nojoe" tag has been revised to simply say "joe." some of them are not taking this well

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

pentyne posted:

Gangtags in general? Just a badge of being part of a community or an event. Bumper stickers for your avatar.

The QCS thread? People with the "No Joe" gangtag, signalling that they refused to vote for Biden, saw that the tag changed to simply say "Joe" after he won. Most seem to find it pretty funny but a few people are really melting down about it.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Oxxidation posted:

the "nojoe" gangtag was for posters in cspam who pledged not to vote for joe biden in the election. in theory it was just a less consequential version of an election toxx, in practice it became a way for most of the posters with that gangtag to basically go "neener neener, liberal" on the politics forums

now that biden has been elected, the "nojoe" tag has been revised to simply say "joe." some of them are not taking this well

Mostly just Mirthless, who I think is either Guy Mann or Guy Goodbody.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Glad to see their completely reasonable rational minds decided that instead of the "rapist" Biden they're fine with a gang tag of Stalin, a guy with such non-crimes as mass murder, ethnic cleansing, and attempted genocide.

But hey, he killed a bunch of landlords amitite?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Oxxidation posted:

I love the politics goons because they're so loving dumb lmao

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
it's a spectrum really, there's knowledgeable/active people on there

otoh cspam's current favored son is a man who married a millionaire heiress, which supports his lifestyle of sitting and making post

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

emf posted:

Nice. Here's what I'd come up with.

mythicknight posted:

Oh hell yeah

emf posted:

modz plz

thx

no rapey jo

How are u posted:

This one is p cool

2DCAT posted:

This owns.. I want this over joeste now lol

Joe Gillian posted:

This tag owns and I want one

Mantis42 posted:

gimme pls

Weltlich posted:

Let's make this happen.

Nichael posted:

i love it so much

Joe gangtag: "Joe Biden, rapist, disgusting human being"

Stalin gangtag: "Look, those Ukrainian peasants were asking for it, walking around showing off their wheat like cheap capitalists, what did they expect would happen?"

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Who What Now posted:

Mostly just Mirthless, who I think is either Guy Mann or Guy Goodbody.

Lol I kinda hope they're Guy Mann because the main reason Mirthless stands out in my mind is for arguing in the r/relationships that it is, in fact, perfectly normal to poop one's pants occasionally after reaching the hoary old age of 30 :corsair:

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Let's pull up and nicely dovetail the food/politics chat:

I know someone mentioned it a few pages ago, but I think it got lost in the breakfast derail --- when goons ordered a pizza delivered to Biden's house right before he was going to be tapped to be Obama's running mate. I fondly remember F5-ing the hell out of that thread at work.

If anyone can dig that up, I'd be much obliged. It was one of the first sagas I was actually present for.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

JacquelineDempsey posted:

I know someone mentioned it a few pages ago, but I think it got lost in the breakfast derail --- when goons ordered a pizza delivered to Biden's house right before he was going to be tapped to be Obama's running mate. I fondly remember F5-ing the hell out of that thread at work.

If anyone can dig that up, I'd be much obliged. It was one of the first sagas I was actually present for.

I'm pretty sure the delivery driver's car was on C-SPAN (tv channel not forum) as well

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

JacquelineDempsey posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=2929522&pagenumber=93&perpage=40#post348112833(Need Archives)

Pledio posted:

Oh gently caress. I didn't even think about that. Well, they have my caller ID, and I paid with a credit card, so I'm honestly not trying to be all secretive about it.. Oh well! Anyway, I jut called her back, and fixed the tag to say "Congratulations! From a friend"

Anyway, I don't think it'll be a big deal, considering it's coming from Domino's and not some random dude handing off brownies or some poo poo.

Hub Cat has a new favorite as of 22:18 on Nov 7, 2020

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

pentyne posted:

Stalin gangtag: "Look, those Ukrainian peasants were asking for it, walking around showing off their wheat like cheap capitalists, what did they expect would happen?"

the domor, the holodomor, and nothing but the domor

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Oh yeah those are them.... goddamn is DeviantArt a nightmare to browse nowadays.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Yeah you should stick to search engines and not the main site

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Is there a thread for posting that lmfao, 99% of this website agrees with cspam including myself, but doesn't go there because it's a ton of fast-moving shitpost megathreads i can't read with occasional good information hidden inside? Information I have genuinely benefited from, even. But the only time cspam apparently comes to anywhere outside of cspam is another wave of dumbshit posts about imagined shitlibs and cop mods who don't understand our forum!!!!

seriously get an offsite whoever believes this poo poo

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Is there a thread for posting that lmfao, 99% of this website agrees with cspam including myself, but doesn't go there because it's a ton of fast-moving shitpost megathreads i can't read with occasional good information hidden inside? Information I have genuinely benefited from, even. But the only time cspam apparently comes to anywhere outside of cspam is another wave of dumbshit posts about imagined shitlibs and cop mods who don't understand our forum!!!!

they have an offsite. i think they have several?

but when your personality revolves around going "i told you so" then you need to be around people who don't agree with you

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

All politics threads are inherently unreadable esp now

Always have been

That’s why it bleeds out into weird places

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I didn't vote for Biden either but I honestly think C-Spam would've melted down less with a Trump victory.

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Lol

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Thank you kindly! :tipshat:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

pentyne posted:

Not to mention prolific rapist Lavrenty Beria.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I didn't vote for Biden either but I honestly think C-Spam would've melted down less with a Trump victory.

They wanted a Trump victory for the ultimate "I told you so".

EDIT: Sorry JacquelineDempsey I'll shut up now.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Oxxidation posted:

they have an offsite. i think they have several?

but when your personality revolves around going "i told you so" then you need to be around people who don't agree with you

Any time someone gets this salty at the mere mention of CSPAM you can check their rapsheet and gain enlightenment

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I had already been avoiding D&D as a matter of course when C-SPAM got spun off, and on the few occasions I've opened a thread on C-SPAM since then it often reads like QAnonLWE (Left Wing Edition).

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

All politics threads are inherently unreadable esp now

Always have been

That’s why it bleeds out into weird places

The GBS trump lol thread has been great but today has been amazing. It helps that it’s not about debate but instead “this is cool and insane so let’s throw back our head and laugh at the sky”.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
The politics threads are all perfectly normal and sane for the most part, it's the noJoe people who've now turned their gleeful excitement from anticipating the misery of Biden supporters to now a gleeful excitement the country will still go to complete poo poo so they can laugh and say "i told you so"

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Mmm there have to be more worthwhile things to talk about than depressing forums on this website.

You know what, I don't think I've ever read a full write up of Smash Mouth Eat the Eggs! I know it started with the then-FYAD mod accidentally starting a betting pool that went wildly off the rails, but is there a good summary of the whole thing anywhere?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Nuns with Guns posted:

Mmm there have to be more worthwhile things to talk about than depressing forums on this website.

You know what, I don't think I've ever read a full write up of Smash Mouth Eat the Eggs! I know it started with the then-FYAD mod accidentally starting a betting pool that went wildly off the rails, but is there a good summary of the whole thing anywhere?

Docevil, who was an admin at the time and posted in fyad somewhat frequently, was one of the original "weird twitter" dudes. You may know him as @fart. One day he got bored at tweeted "Smashmouth eat the eggs" at the lead singer of smash mouth. Then he kept doing it until it became a meme, then they actually arranged an event for the guy from smashmouth to eat a bunch of eggs that were cooked by guy fieri. Docevil spent most of the event shying away from everyone and unable to not look at his phone for two seconds. Also the mascot for the San Jose Sharks was there and there's some good pictures where it looks like the mascot is bullying Docevil. It looked pathetic and goons made fun of Docevil a bunch of it. He then stopped posting.

The end.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Goon behaves exactly like a goon. Got it.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

anyone know whats up with the paranormal forum? It popped back up a while back, but I just noticed its hidden again.

It still seems to be active, and has an actual mod for it, its just unlisted again?

forumid=242 for reference

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
It's pretty funny that @fart thought he was going to ascend into the pantheon of twitter superstars and didn't meanwhile @dril has basically become the patron saint of internet memes

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Its a ghoooooost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

RFC2324 posted:

anyone know whats up with the paranormal forum? It popped back up a while back, but I just noticed its hidden again.

It still seems to be active, and has an actual mod for it, its just unlisted again?

forumid=242 for reference

I think it's only listed during October, on account of Halloween.