Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

lifting straight from wikipedia from her run for governor of California as a Republican (she lost):

quote:

Environment

Whitman said that if elected, on her first day she would have suspended AB 32, the Global Warming Solutions Act of 2006, for a year to study its potential economic implications. AB 32 requires the state to cut greenhouse gas emissions by 30 percent by 2020.

Illegal immigration

She stated that illegal immigrant students should be prohibited from attending state-funded institutions of higher education.

Marriage, abortion and marijuana

During the 2010 California gubernatorial election, Whitman supported California's Proposition 8, which reversed In re Marriage Cases and defined marriage as a union between one man and one woman in the state.

Whitman has said that the legalization of marijuana is not what any law enforcement person would suggest for any reason and that "this is the worst idea [she has] ever seen."

Infrastructure

Whitman does not support the California High-Speed Rail project. In a 2010 letter to the Sacramento Bee Whitman's spokeswoman Sarah Pompei said, "Meg believes the state cannot afford the costs associated with high-speed rail due to our current fiscal crisis."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
meg whitman, the woman who was worth negative billions to hp

as in their stock jumped when she resigned, after years of running them into the ground.

good call joe. the future's so bright i've gotta wear shades

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
i didn't think biden could actually be worse than trump, but it looks like he's ready to give it a go

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

i kinda wanna run for office just so i can have press conferences in increasingly stupid locations

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

infernal machines posted:

as in their stock jumped when she resigned, after years of running them into the ground.

mayor of LA as transport secretary, lol

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

AG choice isn't bad, Doug Jones is pro LGBT protections and anti three strikes law and made a name for himself by prosecuting actual no poo poo klan members

Petebutt as SecVA is hilarious. that's where political aspirations go to die

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Stringent posted:

lifting straight from wikipedia from her run for governor of California as a Republican (she lost):

I was being funny I remember her from the earlier yospos days when it was obsessed with the female ceos of tech like hp girl and that one who sat on a ball from the ! company

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

it warms my lizard heart to see Warren likely getting poo poo

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

I was being funny I remember her from the earlier yospos days when it was obsessed with the female ceos of tech like hp girl and that one who sat on a ball from the ! company

do you yahoo?

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

who?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

LMFAO Buttigieg dropped out so early and all he got was a lovely VA cabinet position.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

yeah some of the choices are ok but meg whitman jfc how does she keep getting more chances every time? she's trumpian in her ability to turn anything she touches to poo poo

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

infernal machines posted:

that was carly fiorina

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

that was carly fiorina

whoops.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

endlessmonotony posted:

My brain is always on the next step when the previous step is done.

So the only step it allows me to enjoy is the realization that one day I'll die and all of this will be someone else's problem.

personally i like to think bigger and focus on the eventual heat death of the universe because then not only can i not be mad anymore - having been dead for trillions of years - but the dnc may eventually have nominated an actual progressive some time between my death and the time when entropy rips electrons from their shells.

when biology, chemistry, and physics eventually become meaningless reminiscence of a universe long beyond the last gasp when anyone may have recorded it.

unlikely tho.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
honestly i'd be a little surprised if the supreme court throws out the ACA because it seems like a sure-fire way for the libs to get a fire lit under their rear end to take back the senate in the georgia runoffs, and it's already a massive giveaway to insurance companies.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
lmao meg whitman

god help us

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

kitten emergency posted:

honestly i'd be a little surprised if the supreme court throws out the ACA because it seems like a sure-fire way for the libs to get a fire lit under their rear end to take back the senate in the georgia runoffs, and it's already a massive giveaway to insurance companies.

I won’t be surprised if they punt it and then the dems do a lot of “shame on you faces” then ignore the Georgia races since the guy running against perdue is too far left

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I won’t be surprised if they punt it and then the dems do a lot of “shame on you faces” then ignore the Georgia races since the guy running against perdue is too far left

honestly who knows, i feel a lot of it depends on what trump does and if he decides if he still wants to be part of the party. are the chuds gonna show if their god-king doesnt give a poo poo about it? they certainly didn't in '18

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

trump doesn’t give the first poo poo about the republican party if they can’t make him be president, he’s never having anything to do with them ever again

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

gotta say i remain extremely unconvinced by the "omg trumps a dictator!!!" poo poo that the dems/libs tossed out. his big scary coup was tweeting a bunch and getting jared kushner to google "how to steal election" a bunch. he's never done anything that was really autocratic, the expansion of executive authority started under bush, expanded with obama, and was abused by trump (but now that the genie is out of the bottle, biden will almost certainly EO a bunch of poo poo as well but call it "norms", idk)

i'm not really sure that this is the death of the american left or that biden will be a terrible president or whatever, he'll certainly be better than trump on some level, but there's more unknowns than knowns

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

jesus WEP posted:

trump doesn’t give the first poo poo about the republican party if they can’t make him be president, he’s never having anything to do with them ever again

yeah i tend to agree with this. there's a few that are trying to suck up but most of them are just leaving him hanging

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

kitten emergency posted:

i'm not really sure that this is the death of the american left or that biden will be a terrible president or whatever, he'll certainly be better than trump on some level, but there's more unknowns than knowns

well at least they're known unknowns.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

https://twitter.com/RiotRogers/status/1325221527210569732

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

kitten emergency posted:

it's going to be interesting to see how much traction the "blame the leftists for how bad the election went" camp gets. i think there's a very high probability in a Biden administration of a revanchism against the left the likes of which haven't been seen since McCarthyism.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

kitten emergency posted:

gotta say i remain extremely unconvinced by the "omg trumps a dictator!!!" poo poo that the dems/libs tossed out. his big scary coup was tweeting a bunch and getting jared kushner to google "how to steal election" a bunch. he's never done anything that was really autocratic, the expansion of executive authority started under bush, expanded with obama, and was abused by trump (but now that the genie is out of the bottle, biden will almost certainly EO a bunch of poo poo as well but call it "norms", idk)

Honestly getting trump out takes the wind out of the sails of a lot of far right groups. Some double down and are angry but most are just in shock right now

This is their equivalent to the fall of the Soviet Union. A lot of the chuds are gonna be so disgusted that they lose political interest

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Stringent posted:

it's going to be interesting to see how much traction the "blame the leftists for how bad the election went" camp gets. i think there's a very high probability in a Biden administration of a revanchism against the left the likes of which haven't been seen since McCarthyism.

I very much agree with this

trump may have threatened us but Biden will do it while all the shitlibs cheer

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Stringent posted:

It's getting public pushback from people like AOC, but they'll get the squad in line pretty quick I imagine by just threatening to redistrict them.

The thing that's going to be infuriating is watching a bunch if lovely limousine libs and tech-libs making a decent six figgies take a poo poo on anyone left of center when Biden doesn't deliver any sort of relief for the multitude of incredibly serious problems facing us. They'll blame the senate if they don't win the runoffs and can't flip it, or they'll just shrug until 2022 when they'll massively eat poo poo and get plausible deniability for not being able to fix anything. Prop 22 is basically the future for the rest of the country since Uber and co figured out they can just spend a shitzillion dollars and pass legislation that'll basically take us back to robber baron poo poo.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
who won the election i’ve been in the bush. last I looked biden was barely ahead. i don’t want to check the news because it’s gonna be bad news about coronavirus in nz

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

wb echi did you find a pig in the bush?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

echinopsis posted:

who won the election i’ve been in the bush. last I looked biden was barely ahead. i don’t want to check the news because it’s gonna be bad news about coronavirus in nz

its biden. trump got owned. narrowly but

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
nah but I found the biggest spider i’ve ever seen in nz

it’s about

an inch long

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

echinopsis posted:

biden won and basically said he's going to write an executive order to un-trump the hell out of everything

who's to say if he actually will or not but lol get hosed donnie smallhands

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jonny 290 posted:

poo poo I love it when the barely lesser of two evils prevails

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Jonny 290 posted:

to be specific it's as narrow of an own as trump had over clinton which was enough for the republicans to declare a massive mandate over

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

i suspect there'll be another round of covid relief if for no other reason than the election is over. i can't imagine a lot of dems had that many problems with the idea of granting corporations immunity to covid lawsuits, just the fine details.

if i was mitch and other GOP leadership though, i'd be scared shitless of the surveys that showed something like 40% of republican voters described themselves as 'trump republicans'. if trump takes his ball and goes to mar-a-lago, where do those people go? i dont think theres anyone that can credibly capture them. tucker doesnt have trump's bravado, and his faux-intellectualism would be a turn-off. tom cotton? dude's a herb. maybe don jr. but who knows? i think a lot of them will just drop out of politics again and the GOP will spend a couple years casting about for a new trump.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

echinopsis posted:

it’s about

an inch long

these are very common around the farm these parts. they have a bit of a bite on them if you piss them off but it won’t kill you. they call them a fake huntsman around here.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I’d call them a terror-jack because they’re terrifying as hell.

Also saw a weka which is cool. they should have been nzs bird

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

👏 more 👏women 👏 imperial 👏 warmongers
https://twitter.com/dancohen3000/status/1325250389445390337

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

echinopsis posted:

it’s about

an inch long

I got home a couple months back, walked through the kitchen, my brain caught up to what I saw in my peripheral, took two reverse steps and this fine chap on the kitchen wall.

Left him to do his thing, not hurting anyone, gone when I came back an hour later.

Also, posters ITT when Biden wins: