Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I just called in to say, I think it's really awesome how the Red Sox are trying so hard to compete to be the most hated team in the sport. Last year's dropping Mookie because of being cheap greedy bastards really was something I felt a lot of the public slept on, credit was not given where deserved, but hiring Cora in the following year really puts a context on it that, you know, I think even NL fans, west coast fans, they're going to sit up and take notice.

Thanks for taking my call, Jim, I'll get off the air now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Cohen fired the Mets front office 2 hours after the ink was dry.

Sandy Anderson seems to have complete control of baseball ops.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Lol that Turner is completely getting a pass, what a reckless selfish piece of poo poo.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

To be fair, Betts also got a pass, and there was plenty of "Thank god for Julio Urias" stuff in these very threads

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Oh man I forgot about the Urias stuff here. That's a pretty hilariously lack of self awareness, in hindsight.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Intruder posted:

To be fair, Betts also got a pass, and there was plenty of "Thank god for Julio Urias" stuff in these very threads

Wait, what did Betts and Urias do?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

The Pussy Boss posted:

Wait, what did Betts and Urias do?

Betts won the MVP and beat the Dodgers in the WS in 2018 when the Red Sox were probably cheating. Also just as dire he apparently gave a really cringey locker room speech when he first came to the Dodgers.

Urias got into a fight with his girlfriend in a parking lot and shoved her to the ground.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Sydin posted:

Betts won the MVP and beat the Dodgers in the WS in 2018 when the Red Sox were probably cheating.

Noted video room operator Mookie Betts

Dodgers fans seem determined to destroy any sympathy they get for 2017 by complaining about not winning thrice. If only people played fair with the Our_Crimes.TXT team.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Nov 7, 2020

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
lol I forgot about the dodger org criminality pivot tables

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Craptacular! posted:

Dodgers fans seem determined to destroy any sympathy they get for 2017 by complaining about not winning thrice.
at least post the tweets of the random morons you found saying this

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Adjust the 2021 schedule so the Dodgers home opener is against the Astros imo

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Bawfuls the Dodgers can go to the White House :unsmith:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Spoeank posted:

Yeah but now they can't do what Almora did

https://twitter.com/VanHicklestein/status/880138310785609728

The second-best thing Almora has ever done, after taking second on a sac fly in game 7.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i can't believe the loving ricketts family made them go back, knowing that they're eating poo poo right now is enjoyable for me

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Man, I know we have a gentlepersons' agreement not to post Aubrey Huff's twitter but he's having a real one today.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ok I get it, I know no one wants to see what Aubrey Huff has to say

But this is an all timer. Laugh with me

https://twitter.com/aubrey_huff/status/1325094678060888065

STAC Goat posted:

Man, I know we have a gentlepersons' agreement not to post Aubrey Huff's twitter but he's having a real one today.

:hfive:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Bawfuls I’m gonna need the Dodgers to win the WS every four years from now on, so get going on that.

Sorry Cubsposters, you’re never allowed to win again.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Seriously for the love of gently caress make posting aubrey huff probateable

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

2010 - NL West wins
2012 - NL West wins
2014 - NL West wins
2016 - NL West does not win
*enter the chaos realm*
2018 - NL West does not win
2020 - NL West wins
*exit the chaos realm*

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

2010 wasn't such a great year Spo

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Intruder posted:

2010 wasn't such a great year Spo

look just let me have this okay!!! I am trying to reach across the aisle to bawfuls!!!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1325163362863390720

Guess that means Taijuan Walker won't be back since I think the Jays wanted to fill two spots in the rotation, one at the back end and one at the front.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
saying "I know no-one wants to see this but I'm posting it anyway" just makes you sound like a tremendous rear end in a top hat

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Spoeank posted:

2010 - NL West wins
2012 - NL West wins
2014 - NL West wins
2016 - NL West does not win
*enter the chaos realm*
2018 - NL West does not win
2020 - NL West wins
*exit the chaos realm*

:stare:

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Bawfuls I’m gonna need the Dodgers to win the WS every four years from now on, so get going on that.

Sorry Cubsposters, you’re never allowed to win again.
Midterms

Even Year... Chalk?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Julio Cruz posted:

saying "I know no-one wants to see this but I'm posting it anyway" just makes you sound like a tremendous rear end in a top hat

I'm sorry but if you can't enjoy someone in the throes of maximum cope saying Qanon was actually a dem conspiracy I don't even know what to say

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Intruder posted:

I'm sorry but if you can't enjoy someone in the throes of maximum cope saying Qanon was actually a dem conspiracy I don't even know what to say

Yeah I have Huff muted on Twitter and I hate when people RT shitbags just to dunk on them but that one is worth seeing.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Spoeank posted:

Oh boy I can't wait for Kamala Harris to tell us what a big Dodgers fan she's always been!

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Intruder posted:

you realise it's not actually up to you to decide what other people like, right

there are multiple people who don't want Huff and his fascist propaganda ITT, deciding that actually you know better than them is the kind of thing a massive shithead would do

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Julio Cruz posted:

you realise it's not actually up to you to decide what other people like, right

there are multiple people who don't want Huff and his fascist propaganda ITT, deciding that actually you know better than them is the kind of thing a massive shithead would do

relax

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

e: Actually I'll just defer to GA on this one

Intruder fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Nov 8, 2020

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Craptacular! posted:

Noted video room operator Mookie Betts

Dodgers fans seem determined to destroy any sympathy they get for 2017 by complaining about not winning thrice. If only people played fair with the Our_Crimes.TXT team.

Did anything ever come of this or did the league just handwave it away?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Red Sox stuff was in MLB's report. The report made it seem not nearly as extensive as the Astros scheme (largely because it said the Red Sox were only signaling batters with a runner on 2nd) so people just never got all that riled up about it.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Dodgers got Mookie on the cheap so the Red Sox paid their penance to them

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1325287203224903680

whoopsiedoozle wonder how that might have happened

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Justin turner is a menace to society

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Spoeank posted:

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1325287203224903680

whoopsiedoozle wonder how that might have happened

p sure we decided it was no big deal and/or mlb's fault and not the dodgers

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

No seriously, why isn't Turner being punished for this?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Probably because if mlb tries to bring the hammer down on Turner the union will in turn bring receipts on how nonexistent the bubble was and the league doesn't want that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

There are several people in the picture attached to that tweet who, while they don't have the masks over their mouths and noses, at least have masks they could theoretically be wearing when not taking a group photo. And the one guy they know for a fact has covid isn't one of them