Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Kamrat posted:

Wow, was so many years ago I even heard PIG. It's not something I get to hear that often when out to industrial clubs or even at friends places so I almost forgot it existed.

It's a nice throwback either way, some good stuff even if it is a bit old-school.
haha you'll like this then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9NaBY9Vz10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off

Haha, this is awesome!

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i'm out of the loop but here's some goth rock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSmUkzmHMxM

the a23 and x marks the pedwalk albums came out too

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
She Past Away is top of the goth scene these days imo. I guess the latest Ulver album might kind of qualify, although that's more synthpop.

thotsky fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Oct 19, 2020

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

This came up on Spotify while I was in the shower. I thought it was a cover of "Girls on Film" originally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10gyak6gvOQ

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Wax Trax! is doing a free virtual "watch party" for the documentary Industrial Accident on Twitch this Wednesday:

twitch.tv/waxtraxrecords at 7PM Central.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

My Twitter Account posted:

Wax Trax! is doing a free virtual "watch party" for the documentary Industrial Accident on Twitch this Wednesday:

twitch.tv/waxtraxrecords at 7PM Central.

Oh gently caress yeah ive been meaning to see this. Thanks!

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off
Don't know if ASP fits in here but they recently re-released the video for their song ME in 4K, it was previously only available in 240p, it's pretty sweet. :)

ASP - ME
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hq6f5lRB1E

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

teethgrinder posted:

This came up on Spotify while I was in the shower. I thought it was a cover of "Girls on Film" originally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10gyak6gvOQ

i mean, it was in spirit

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
New FLA album coming on January 21st. "Mechanical Soul". According to Bandcamp "Features guest appearances by Front 242's Jean-Luc DeMeyer and Fear Factory's Dino Cazeres". Looking forward to that.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

There’s a track titled ”Rubber Tube Gag” on the album, which, well

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

You’re underselling that the album cover features a large round rear end right in the center. Also that that rear end and associated corseted torso is resting on a weird collage of shelf mushrooms, but that’s neither here nor there (i think they’re Artist’s Conk but it’s hard to tell). Between this and the last album with its numerous references to sex with aliens, I’m really enjoying this new extremely horny era of FLA.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
None of Rhys Fulber's stuff on his own is horny (as far as I can think) so I assume it's either Bill that's the horny one or something magical that happens when the two of them are together.

Duckwaffle
Nov 8, 2010

Documentary about Wax Trax! starts in just under an hour here:

https://twitch.tv/waxtraxrecords

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Enjoyed the documentary, didn't really know about the story of Jim and Dannie. Cool to see the notable people pop up through out the eras. Enjoying the DJ set that's following up on the stream as well.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Has anyone dug into that Leaether Strip admittedly beefy Puppy tribute Throwing Bones yet? As a die hard Skinny Puppy fan boi, listening to an artist practically next door in terms of style to the Pups cover songs so near and dear to me doesn't sound super appealing. Interested to see how what of the genre and this thread as a whole think of it.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

It's going to be either amazing for all the right reasons, or not good for all the wrong reasons. I'm gonna give it a shot for Kurt.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

What are you right and wrong reasons?

Doing faithful covers of those tracks with some stylistic nuance just seem like the wrong reasons to me. :(

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

hatelull posted:

Doing faithful covers of those tracks with some stylistic nuance just seem like the wrong reasons to me. :(

He's doing it because they inspired him and he's in a rough time in his life, seems like the perfect reason to do it. I haven't received my copy yet but Leaether Strip's sound can very from kind of close to Skinny Puppy to really far away so I can imagine the songs could be really different than the source material. Even if it's not, they will probably be interesting, possibly more club friendly takes on songs so I'm in.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

hatelull posted:

It was one of the last things he did along side his husband who passed away in September and it was something they wanted to do together.

So right reason it'll be good because it obviously meant a lot to both of them.

Not good for the wrong reason that Claus maybe couldn't focus on it as much as he would have liked while taking care of Kurt.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
I don't think I like any Laether Strip song other than Evil Speaks, but on the other hand that song is like Top 5 Industrial Tracks for me.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
Taking it old skool - this is Fad Gadget in Smash Hits, of all the publications, in 1982, sharing a magazine with actual pop stars for the delight of the kids:

https://twitter.com/randomsmashhits/status/1319944267540955136

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Throwing Bones showed up today (the day the digital release came out) and I haven't listened to the whole thing but it's worth a listen. Most of the songs sound basically like you'd expect a Leaether Strip cover of a Skinny Puppy song to sound like but that's not a bad thing. You can also hear the emotion in a lot of these songs, Addiction especially.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MassRafTer posted:

Throwing Bones showed up today (the day the digital release came out) and I haven't listened to the whole thing but it's worth a listen. Most of the songs sound basically like you'd expect a Leaether Strip cover of a Skinny Puppy song to sound like but that's not a bad thing. You can also hear the emotion in a lot of these songs, Addiction especially.

I have listened to this a bunch this week and I love it. Some songs are very similar on the surface but a few tweaks change them in profound ways. I love everything he did with Assimilate on this album, Worlock is really cool with different samples, it's just an obvious labor of love and I really enjoyed it.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Livestreamed PWEI show December 12: https://dice.fm/event/7yxa9-pop-will-eat-itself-12th-dec-islington-assembly-hall-london-tickets

hbxli
Aug 4, 2004

BABIES... THEY'RE BABIES
Matt Fanale of Caustic, Klack, etc put together a compilation of dark electronic artists from Wisconsin. My track is Bixlee- Feel The Same. Check it out!

https://caustic.bandcamp.com/album/halo2020

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

MassRafTer posted:

I have listened to this a bunch this week and I love it. Some songs are very similar on the surface but a few tweaks change them in profound ways. I love everything he did with Assimilate on this album, Worlock is really cool with different samples, it's just an obvious labor of love and I really enjoyed it.
I'm listening to it now. The version of Nature's Revenge is great. What always made me fascinated by industrial music is how strange it is but how complex it can be on the level of texture, so it's like hearing that texture from a slightly different angle.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

I'm listening to it now. The version of Nature's Revenge is great. What always made me fascinated by industrial music is how strange it is but how complex it can be on the level of texture, so it's like hearing that texture from a slightly different angle.

the synth used on the main bassline in the Nature's Revenge cover jiggles my dick. It's amazing

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

hbxli posted:

Matt Fanale of Caustic, Klack, etc put together a compilation of dark electronic artists from Wisconsin. My track is Bixlee- Feel The Same. Check it out!

https://caustic.bandcamp.com/album/halo2020

Sweet, I bought this at the weekend :v: I like your track - it kinda reminds me of something else, but I can't work out what it is though

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Does anyone know of any other dub industrial? I love classic/traditional dub but I also love when people dub genres that aren't reggae. That KMFDM in Dub is really cool. Industrial and dub don't really sound like they'd traditionally go well together but I find the haunting reverb/delay in dub pairs with it quite well. I might've asked this before I have a terrible memory, sorry if I did.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Kvlt! posted:

Does anyone know of any other dub industrial? I love classic/traditional dub but I also love when people dub genres that aren't reggae. That KMFDM in Dub is really cool. Industrial and dub don't really sound like they'd traditionally go well together but I find the haunting reverb/delay in dub pairs with it quite well. I might've asked this before I have a terrible memory, sorry if I did.
All I've got is (parts of) PWEI's Dos Dedos Mis Amigos.

Does that count as dub?

edit: maybe not enough, but Primal Scream's XTRMNTR has industrial and dub influenes

teethgrinder fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Nov 10, 2020

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Kvlt! posted:

I think you already brought up Godflesh the first time but maybe check out Justin’s full discography? There’s probably not any full albums beyond the one Godflesh release but I would imagine he has enough dub bonus tracks & remixes to fill at least another album.

Edit: JK Flesh seems like something you should check out:

quote:

Over the years, the project has shifted into a more minimal and dub sound while retaining its industrial influences.

david_a fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Nov 10, 2020

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
Gary Clail and Tackhead

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Kvlt! posted:

African Head Charge, maybe Dub Songs From a Shallow Grave by Controlled Bleeding.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Kvlt! posted:

Maybe some Die Warzau would work for you? They went down a kind of 90s industrial/funk thing that approached that in a few places if I remember rightly.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Key had his DUBCON project, where he released a few albums with Ryan Moore (played drums for LPD). However, it very much has the vibe of "Key loving around in the studio while blazed" and probably doesn't really lend itself to your flavor of industrial as much as it sounds like Key's current solo work. I love his stuff, but in my opinion, his projects bounce between disco-esque techno (platEAU) to experimental electronica (DOWNLOAD) and then the stuff in between he just drops as a solo record.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
https://soundcloud.com/dream-affair/outside

Love the FM baseline. Sounds like the Descent OPL3 soundtrack.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
Scorn might be worth checking out too, it's pretty icy sounding but very bass heavy.

Also, give Alec Empire's Low On Ice a go, it's not 'dub' dub but it's another stripped back bass heavy thing and is less in your face than a lot of his other 90s material.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Catjaw is a hero of the people
There's a new Pig album out. Thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I don't know if it necessarily fits or what thread consensus is on the band but I am really digging the new album by Bring Me The Horizon. Lyrics are meh but the instrumentation is solid. They brought in the guy behind Doom Soundtrack Mick Gordon to do the album.