Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

American McGay posted:

Think of Aris what you will, and there are obviously valid issues, but I don't think there's any jealousy there. There's a certain joy of experiencing a new release at the exact same time as the rest of the community and digging into all the changes, and the staggered rollout thing kind of tarnishes that.

The future is now, old man. And it sucks. I'm going to continue not playing tekken 7 because steamers got the patch offline two days early doesnt seem to be all that impactful of a statement. You could also do what I do and just generally not care and not watch? I don't get it and I'm one of the whinier people in a given room.

Faffel fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Nov 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pockyless
Jun 6, 2004
With flaming Canadians and such :(
You have to be a moron if you think aris didn’t get offered early access.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Nazzadan posted:

New Tekken moves for this season, find your main and see if it makes you want to play again when you couple it with better netcode
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkwJBRQE50c

I like how some characters got some fake-out options for their most telegraphed moves. And I like Lei's Snake 3 into Tiger. That definitely opens up options for a lot of fun shenanigans.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

In Training posted:

huge raft of new DMCA claims starting in June is forcing lots of streamers to disable VODs completely or be banned or risk being banned in the near future since twitch is cracking down harder than ever

It doesn't matter because Twitch doesn't actually delete them off their own servers and will still DMCA strike you for deleted VODs apparently.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
the "delete" stuff just unlists them and disables the html player but DMCA scan bots can still grab the source file via the api if they have the ID

our cyberpunk future is really dumb

idk if i really care about the "handpicked influencers get early stream access", it's kind of an old hat by now. If they're useless hypemen that fellate the publisher for the favor or there's "cant say bad things about it" clauses then yeah that's trash.
Probably stings harder if you're a streamer trying to make a living of that game.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Nov 8, 2020

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

RoadCrewWorker posted:

If they're useless hypemen that fellate the publisher for the favor or there's "cant say bad things about it" clauses then yeah that's trash.
Probably stings harder if you're a streamer trying to make a living of that game.
That is pretty much the only use for these kinds of pre-release things but it's just how the industry works, and these same complaining people who dwell on social media and hang out on streams all day are the direct reason it's such a good option for these companies to do this poo poo. This ship sailed going on a decade ago.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

How do DLC characters work in Tekken 7 and Soul Calibur 6 if you don't own them? Do they still show up on the character select screen but unselectable or would you basically never know that you were missing them? Aside from if you played against someone using them online presumably?

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

theyre on the character select greyed out

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

Billy Gnosis posted:

Any next gen tekken news (in the unlikely event 7 gets a patch) ? Thinking of installing 7 on the new console when it arrives since season 1 and 2 are on sale on psn and I didn't stick with it even through season 1.

If you are playing Tekken 7 and not playing on PC you are engaging in self-harm.

You are also engaging in self-harm by playing Tekken 7 on PC, but significantly less.

PS5 won't solve this because you're still playing with PS4 people.

Faffel posted:

Ngl he seems kinda upset he's not one of the namco favoured anymore. This streamers with s4 thing should be expected in the trash fire that streaming has created. It's definitely not going to get better lol
West Coast Tekken are in their feelings right now. They aren't all the favored boys anymore and the shine is spreading around more.

Not that I love TMM being the Apostle of S4 (and S4 looks...kinda painful from what I've seen) but I'm happy to see the WC Tekken crew be a little bit sad.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

American McGay posted:

Think of Aris what you will

I try not to, mainly.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

sharrrk posted:

theyre on the character select greyed out

Thanks for the answer :)

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
What is he actually annoyed about? because it seems like people are conflating Twitch bullshit with Namco bullshit

neosloth
Sep 5, 2013

Professional Procrastinator
The new tekken 7 season is somehow worse than s3. It's honestly impressive how terrible all of these buffs are

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
the only tekken dlc you want is the white guy with the club, he seems pretty bad rear end

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

neosloth posted:

The new tekken 7 season is somehow worse than s3. It's honestly impressive how terrible all of these buffs are

Did anyone expect Season 4 to do that much good for this game? Sure, maybe the netcode gets an adequate enough rework, but it doesn't feel like they're willing to grapple with the game on a fundamental level if they can just release yet another hype character and cruise to an easy payday.

neosloth
Sep 5, 2013

Office Pig posted:

Did anyone expect Season 4 to do that much good for this game? Sure, maybe the netcode gets an adequate enough rework, but it doesn't feel like they're willing to grapple with the game on a fundamental level if they can just release yet another hype character and cruise to an easy payday.

I had pretty low hopes, but they had a conference talking about how they were going to reduce high damage situations and make characters more unique.... and then ended up giving every character more launchers and homogenized tools. Bamco have been incompetent in the past but they never really had the opportunity to straight up lie like this

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Is the netcode better?

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

What is he actually annoyed about? because it seems like people are conflating Twitch bullshit with Namco bullshit

His friends have to wait 2 more days.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Spanish Manlove posted:

Is the netcode better?

If you're willing to take the word of EU streamers with the content on hand (and truthfully there's no reason to believe they're necessarily wrong) but I can't help feeling skeptical about how that translates elsewhere.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

for context it was mihawk who is in germany playing caiper who is spain. im not from either of these areas but ive been told that previously this was basically unplayable. they experienced no issues the entire time they played for like 20 or so matches i forget

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

neosloth posted:

is there a patch notes somewhere that doesn't require me to watch a streamer video where they constantly stop talking about changes to thank subscribers?

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

no. you can thank bamco europe's marketing team for this brilliant decision

neosloth
Sep 5, 2013

darealkooky posted:

is there a patch notes somewhere that doesn't require me to watch a streamer video where they constantly stop talking about changes to thank subscribers?

The best we got is people haphazardly transcribing those streamer videos

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
From what I've seen these S4 buffs are downright diabetic

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

sharrrk posted:

no. you can thank bamco europe's marketing team for this brilliant decision

Seems like Harada wasn't too thrilled about that either

https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/1325613489457561600?s=20

also "RightWingWarrior" actually seems like a bit and not serious with that

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

I already hate Twonimitsu.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

MechaX posted:

also "RightWingWarrior" actually seems like a bit and not serious with that

Harada was following a bunch of right-wing US pundit types for a while, maybe he still is, I dunno

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
well all the characters I play got buffed a lot so tekken 7 s4 is getting a certified Good from me

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

is deathfist safe yet?

neosloth
Sep 5, 2013

darealkooky posted:

well all the characters I play got buffed a lot so tekken 7 s4 is getting a certified Good from me

Pretty much no character got nerfed, that's kinda the problem

Real hurthling! posted:

is deathfist safe yet?

No but there's a power crush that guarantees it on hit

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

neosloth posted:

Pretty much no character got nerfed, that's kinda the problem

No but there's a power crush that guarantees it on hit

Finally

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
That just means every character is Leroy now, right?

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

Gologle posted:

No. Lars still looks bad.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

AFashionableHat posted:

No. Lars still looks bad.

Suits his character then

neosloth
Sep 5, 2013

Gologle posted:

No because the characters that were already good also got buffed.

Tekken 6 bob is back though

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

darealkooky posted:

Agrees in both Williams sisters and Craig

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
The "you can read out the entire patch notes but you cannot link them" rules were dumb as poo poo (i guess they didnt want them out there "officially" in case there were last minute changes?) and it's hilarious how apparently streamers had no idea what they could show or not but i did appreciate that we get full movelist overview/discussions and BNB combo suggestions ready by or before the day of release. I've never played Kuni but she looks like a mash-up of Yoshi, Raven (which are some of my favorite movesets) and a couple of other stuff (guess that's where noctis got his stuff from?) for good measure. Also nice to get an early overview of her cheap poo poo if you don't plan to buy anything but will still run into her online.

sharrrk posted:

for context it was mihawk who is in germany playing caiper who is spain. im not from either of these areas but ive been told that previously this was basically unplayable. they experienced no issues the entire time they played for like 20 or so matches i forget
I'm in germany and i dont play online much (because despite being wired 4 or 5 bar connections can drop into sad 3 or less bar clownfests pretty steadily), but i've never seen a "SPA"-region opponent over 3 bars. I dont think one streamer sample is in any way representative tho.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

RoadCrewWorker posted:

I'm in germany and i dont play online much (because despite being wired 4 or 5 bar connections can drop into sad 3 or less bar clownfests pretty steadily), but i've never seen a "SPA"-region opponent over 3 bars. I dont think one streamer sample is in any way representative tho.

Isn't Germany to Spain about 3f delay in 2d fighters?

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

Airport Music for Black Folk
My God, tekken 7 might actually be 6. Cool to see that most people around me are using wired connections.

but drat they massacred my boy jin's magic 4 and his new move is garbage, I'm devastated.

KVeezy3 fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Nov 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Yeah, a 6/10 game since season 3.