Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Turner was exposing everyone in the clubhouse, hotel and field prior to the test result being reported, to be fair. Part of the whole loving issue here (and in the White House lol) is that you can transmit the virus when you have asymptomatic disease and potentially test negative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Spoeank posted:

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1325287203224903680

whoopsiedoozle wonder how that might have happened
If you read the piece a bunch of these people weren't in Texas. Of course it's all vague on details because MLB dgaf at this point, they got the season and playoffs in so they don't care anymore.

quote:

most of the people who tested positive were outside the so-called bubble at the World Series in Arlington, Texas.

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Nov 8, 2020

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
oh so its fine that justin turner licked every dodger on the lips after he tested positive nm

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

e: this was supposed to be a joke about proximity to fame but it might come across as something else so I'm removing it

Intruder fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Nov 8, 2020

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Spoeank posted:

oh so its fine that justin turner licked every dodger on the lips after he tested positive nm

Yah

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

thinking about how much money the ricketts family spent this year to get owned by the miami marlins and joe biden

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1325163362863390720

Guess that means Taijuan Walker won't be back since I think the Jays wanted to fill two spots in the rotation, one at the back end and one at the front.

I can't tell if this is a joke, everyone after Ryu, including Ray, is back of the rotation material.

I really hope they bring Walker back.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

ryu "free agent" Pearson,, ray, collection of 5th starters and minor league arms.

I'm not sure what sorta joke you think I'm making.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Poque posted:

Seriously for the love of gently caress make posting aubrey huff probateable

:hmmyes:

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

er excuse me have you tried just not reading it??

relax bro

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Relax limey

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Posting Huff here never results in meaningful conversation. Its just "look at this piece of poo poo!" followed by "please don't." If you want to post shithead chuds and make fun of them with an audience for that, CSPAM has you covered.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
November 2019...ahead of the game as always

GalacticAcid posted:

Aubrey Huff is an attention seeking Buffoon who had a barely noticeable major league career. I know it’s the offseason but surely we can find better topics for the MLB thread rather than giving him the attention he craves

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

ryu "free agent" Pearson,, ray, collection of 5th starters and minor league arms.

I'm not sure what sorta joke you think I'm making.

That Ray was near the front of the rotation and now they only needed one at the back.

Strasburgs UCL
Jul 28, 2009

Hang in there little buddy
https://twitter.com/BillShaikin/status/1325654239167721472?s=20

I guess Luhnow has decided not to work in baseball again. I cannot imagine the Astros not settling this, there is no way they want to go to discovery on this.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Strasburgs UCL posted:

I guess Luhnow has decided not to work in baseball again. I cannot imagine the Astros not settling this, there is no way they want to go to discovery on this.

Ahahahahahahahahahahaha come the gently caress on dude no one buys for a second that you were just an oblivious scapegoat

gently caress Luhnow forever lmao

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

I was wrongfully fired by being fired for being too loving stupid to know that the team I literally run is cheating

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I would have liked to have seen the unexplained Astros minors baseball skill training. All of the young players lined up and told to listen for the bang but not obviously react.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
How many articles were written about the Astros Revolution and how many teams attempted to model their system only to find out that it was actually just bangin' cans?

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Strasburgs UCL posted:

:yeshaha:

Hope the org and this sack of poo poo tear each other apart

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

SilvergunSuperman posted:

That Ray was near the front of the rotation and now they only needed one at the back.

Ya I never said that? Its not like Walker would be a front end rotation starter either. They're both back end guys.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/JMackeyPG/status/1325847913793269760/retweets/with_comments
Pain

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

He's gonna be recovered just in time to get locked out.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Ahahahahahahahahahahaha come the gently caress on dude no one buys for a second that you were just an oblivious scapegoat

gently caress Luhnow forever lmao

It's such a dumb story too because even if you believe him, it reflects incredibly poorly on his leadership abilities. This isn't like "one guy on the team took PED's and I didn't realize it" or something, this is "there was a complex sign stealing operation involving over half the players, the bench coach, and a setup in the clubhouse to steal signs that the manager was also aware and not happy about, and somehow I was completely in the dark about this for an entire season."

Buddy... that's not a good look.

e. That said yeah there's no way the Astros let it get to discovery, even if they do have solid evidence Luhnow knew. He's going to make a quick buck on the settlement.

Sydin fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Nov 9, 2020

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Sydin posted:

It's such a dumb story too because even if you believe him, it reflects incredibly poorly on his leadership abilities. This isn't like "one guy on the team took PED's and I didn't realize it" or something, this is "there was a complex sign stealing operation involving over half the players, the bench coach, and a setup in the clubhouse to steal signs (using a sign-decrypting algorithm the FO developed) that the manager was also aware and not happy about, and somehow I was completely in the dark about this for an entire season."

Buddy... that's not a good look.

e. That said yeah there's no way the Astros let it get to discovery, even if they do have solid evidence Luhnow knew. He's going to make a quick buck on the settlement.
the scheme also directly involved the front office

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

:smith:

Doesn’t sound he’s hanging up the cleats at least and possible the Bucs keep him

https://twitter.com/jmackeypg/status/1325861451110735873?s=21

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Bregor posted:

:yeshaha:

Hope the org and this sack of poo poo tear each other apart

Kinda same, honestly.

I like how Manfred is like "I have the receipts, you were personally sent emails talking about it" and he's like "pssh I didn't read that!"

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
Hoping it’s just a saber rattle to get a settlement that blows up and they somehow have to show their books in a public court.

Strelok604
Apr 26, 2020

Clowning on Lunhow aside, Manfred negotiating punishments with Crane is a legitimate grievance, but MLB's just gonna cut him a check to make it go away so it won't matter anyway

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/BenDuBose/status/1325835661824430081

Please come back Uncle Mike

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I wish the Phillies signed Brantley instead of Cutch

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/jeffpassan/status/1325982652474777600?s=21

yep

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Well that was fast.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

that sure seems like something that ought to disqualify you

e:

quote:

When reached by ESPN on Monday night, La Russa said, "I have nothing to say," and hung up the phone.

Aye Doc fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Nov 10, 2020

Strasburgs UCL
Jul 28, 2009

Hang in there little buddy
Alright whoever had -1 days in the 'how long it will take before TLR does something embarrassing' contest come and collect your prize.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

LOLOLOL godamn we need a drunk TLR smilie around here

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I'm frankly more embarrassed for the White Sox not doing even one second of research

e: oh wait he was charged before they hired him thats even worse; clown-rear end organization

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Jerry is like of course I knew he was a drunk when I hired him, everyone did

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/1325986544335921153

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
gently caress Tony la Russa lmaooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003