Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Aidan_702 posted:

I've just checked my Curry's order and!

absolutely no change from oct 22nd

it might happen! im hearing argos orders are processing too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
uk goons who dont have a pre-order, check all the stores you can, i think a bunch are getting new stock in by the sounds of things, one dude at resetera got a shopto pre-order yesterday and has it loving confirmed for day 1 already :eyepop:

theres also bundles going up at Game.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Vikar Jerome posted:

it might happen! im hearing argos orders are processing too

TBF I think Currys poo poo the bed a little bit with this, with the weird £2000 voucher code so they could....price the PS5 at £2450 to help prioritise customers who had already paid the Pre-order desposit? Just mad.

Also some people never received the email with link to pay the full amount when they should've, so their pre-order got cancelled. Bad times

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

haveblue posted:

You should have infinite room for loot, permanently losing loot because you didn't dump enough poo poo into Thomas beforehand is really bad and should not be allowed to happen

You didn't have to ration your supplies either because you could carry infinite grass with no penalty. And this being the only thing they fixed in the remaster isn't helping
Permanently losing the loot is bad and I hope they fixed that. Grass and other things were never weightless though. True, it's probably not enough to have to worry about it all the time, but all consumable items (if I recall correctly) weighed at least 0.1 (with some stuff weighing 0.2 or 0.3), which could add up if you had tons of everything. This was particularly noticeable for arrows since you generally want to carry as many of those as you can, but it also applied to things like throwing knives and firebombs.

Mainly it meant you had to pick what weapons you wanted to take and which armor you wanted to wear. It's not like Dark Souls where you can just switch into full Havels for a minute if you want to.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
UK: GAME seem to be accepting pre-orders again, although they "are not guaranteed to be delivered on release day".

E: Or... not? It looks like the "pre-order" button just takes you to the same product page with the "out of stock" notification. Situation remains clusterfucky.

Fedule fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Nov 9, 2020

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe

Lumpy posted:

I would be ecstatic if Target is actually delivering on release day. I have the week of the 16th off and was resigned to not having my PS5 until the 19th. But I will still assume the worst. :smith:

Does anyone else who preordered at Target also get Fedex texts? I have a package currently in Texas scheduled for delivery on 11/12 (I live on the east coast). They don't say what it is - could just be the VR adapter or something my wife ordered - but I'm wondering if it's my PS5. There hasn't been any movement on Target and my card hasn't been charged, but this mystery package has been sitting in Texas since Saturday...

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

The Bunk posted:

Does anyone else who preordered at Target also get Fedex texts? I have a package currently in Texas scheduled for delivery on 11/12 (I live on the east coast). They don't say what it is - could just be the VR adapter or something my wife ordered - but I'm wondering if it's my PS5. There hasn't been any movement on Target and my card hasn't been charged, but this mystery package has been sitting in Texas since Saturday...

It's definitely not your PS5.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Fedule posted:

UK: GAME seem to be accepting pre-orders again, although they "are not guaranteed to be delivered on release day".

E: Or... not? It looks like the "pre-order" button just takes you to the same product page with the "out of stock" notification. Situation remains clusterfucky.

a lot of people have 2nd orders are canceling but people buying them up before you get it seems. they are saying this however:

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Vikar Jerome posted:

a lot of people have 2nd orders are canceling but people buying them up before you get it seems.

There's gonna be a lot of kids who've had their PS5's rescinded through bad behaviour and it is your job to make sure that their parents don't get a chance to change their mind

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

My understanding is that Wal-Mart and Amazon will both have the most units to sell on Thursday, but lets be honest; their stock is going to sell out within minutes. If you want to secure an order, you'll need to be refreshing all of the retail sites often and early in the morning.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Aidan_702 posted:

There's gonna be a lot of kids who've had their PS5's rescinded through bad behaviour and it is your job to make sure that their parents don't get a chance to change their mind

they are probably getting xbox one x's

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Has Kohl's said whether they're having launch consoles? Just wondering if it's worth making an account with them for an extra chance at snagging one.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Rinkles posted:

New ETAs from new trailer

What are the chances of God of War 2 actually coming out 2021

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Imhotep posted:

If they cut the big bird for time again, so help me god ...

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

vandalism posted:

Ugh do I really wanna pay 500 american dollars for a demons souls machine... I mean, gently caress. Yes. I really do. But should I?

gently caress.

I mean... I paid $400 for a (temporarily, at least) exclusively Demon's Souls machine in 2009 and it was worth every penny, so...

Oxxidation posted:

maybe the ps5 can actually get a solid 30 fps for Just Cause 3, aka the only good one

That's a real strange way to write "2"

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Nov 9, 2020

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Dead by Daylight's PS5 version is confirmed for launch. Progression carries over from PS4 and is a free upgrade if you already own it/got it on PS+. 4K 60FPS standard, with the Visual Upgrades they're touting still coming periodically in updates.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Count our blessings, I suppose?

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1325825410106609669?s=19

eliotlucas
Aug 6, 2006

Here's a silly question, when these consoles are shipped and delivered, would they arrive in an unmarked cardboard box? I can't imagine they're slapping shipping labels on the PS5 box. Sorry if it's a dumb question, shipping paranoia is setting in.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ew ew ew, Sony was smart. Game developers make up for it more than enough with micro-transactions and DLC. Games should still be $60, really $50 or less. It's a total myth that the increase in price goes towards the game development itself, it's entirely going towards the upper / executive managers of these companies.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

eliotlucas posted:

Here's a silly question, when these consoles are shipped and delivered, would they arrive in an unmarked cardboard box? I can't imagine they're slapping shipping labels on the PS5 box. Sorry if it's a dumb question, shipping paranoia is setting in.

It depends, Amazon, and Target I know for a fact will ship in unmarked boxes.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

eliotlucas posted:

Almost certainly is down to the shop you brought from. But also, I can't imagine many if any would do that.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

eliotlucas posted:

The boxes look flimsy and can barely be stacked 5 high on a pallet direct from the factory, so hopefully that means retailers will be smart enough to put an external box around it. If they're shipped naked, I'm be shocked if they arrived in one piece at all

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
Does it bother anybody else that PS5 games are apparently being standardized to include a "Worse Graphics 60fps 4k" mode and a "Better Graphics 30fps 4k" mode but no "Better Graphics 60fps 1080p" mode?

The vast majority of displays are still 1080p, after all.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I feel like Sony is pushing hard to make sure that the good version is only available as 4k to push the whole generation separation thing. If they said 1080rt60 was fine, then developers would probably get lazy and the experience would turn into a ps4 pro.5

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

Another Bloomberg article that was probably made up like their "50% yield on PS5 SOCs"

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

GreatGreen posted:

Does it bother anybody else that PS5 games are apparently being standardized to include a "Worse Graphics 60fps 4k" mode and a "Better Graphics 30fps 4k" mode but no "Better Graphics 60fps 1080p" mode?

Pretty sure most performance modes use variable resolution, so they're basically doing what you want already

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

GreatGreen posted:

Extremely.

Fedule posted:

It's a little baffling that Spider-Man insists on running its performance mode at a high resolution (admittedly dynamic, but it hovers between 1440p and 4K by accounts) and saves by disabling RT. I don't know about anyone else (though I suspect I'm not alone in this) but I'd much prefer a mode that runs at 1080p60 and keeps the RT. The more cynical part of me suspects that Sony would like to prime people to expect RT and 60fps to be mutually exclusive options in their games.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
You could also plug in a 1080P TV, and there's probably a way to tell the OS to artificially limit itself to 1080P. But by default it's going to quite reasonably assume you want to use every pixel in your 4K TV even if that means a compromise somewhere else.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yeah, adaptive resolution is used in every console game now, making 1080p obsolete. It makes more sense to have all games run at 4K native, with a targeted 60fps and the resolution just changes on the fly as necessary to keep that frame rate.

eliotlucas
Aug 6, 2006

Sentient Data posted:

The boxes look flimsy and can barely be stacked 5 high on a pallet direct from the factory, so hopefully that means retailers will be smart enough to put an external box around it. If they're shipped naked, I'm be shocked if they arrived in one piece at all

I got one of the preorders directly from Sony, so I'm hoping they're treating it like a computer and putting it in an external box.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Imhotep posted:

Most sony games get delayed so i'd expect it around april 2022 if they said holiday 2021

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
The Target rep I spoke to assured me my PS5 will be arriving in a box labeled "Used Covid Swabs."

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

ultimate faq of playstation 5.

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/11/09/ps5-the-ultimate-faq/

edit:

Does PS5 support 3D Blu-ray movies?

No, 3D stereoscopic output is not supported on PS5.

:negative:

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Nov 9, 2020

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Yeah, they discussed it.

:(

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bad Parenting posted:

Another Bloomberg article that was probably made up like their "50% yield on PS5 SOCs"

Yeah its just :psyduck: on the face of it. They already charge more than 70 and make you pay for the deluxe editions with exclusive rewards.
Bloomberg clickbait in overdrive lately

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Yeah, adaptive resolution is used in every console game now, making 1080p obsolete. It makes more sense to have all games run at 4K native, with a targeted 60fps and the resolution just changes on the fly as necessary to keep that frame rate.

Seems like all they'd have to do is allow users to manually configure the PS5 to output for a 1080p display, at which point the console could automatically use adaptive resolution to lock each game down to 1080p, while also locking in the "fancy graphics" mode by default for each game, and changing the frame cap to 60 fps as long as 1080p output mode is on.

Basically, as long as adaptive resolution works for each game, it could be possible for the PS5 to be setup to enable "Fancy Graphics 60fps 1080p" mode even as an update in the future.

https://www.econdolence.com/learning-center/grief-and-coping/the-stages-of-grief/third-stage-of-grief-bargaining/

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Went to pre-order DMC5 Special Edition because, hey, I'm gonna buy it anyway might as well do it now and get that extra 100k red orbs and I just now noticed that the web store checkout has both Release Date and Download Date. Good idea but buddy like 0.01% of people are going to have PS5s tomorrow for this Download Date to hit.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

Most sony games get delayed so i'd expect it around april 2022 if they said holiday 2021

People should expect most unreleased games to get delays at this point.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Policenaut posted:

Went to pre-order DMC5 Special Edition because, hey, I'm gonna buy it anyway might as well do it now and get that extra 100k red orbs and I just now noticed that the web store checkout has both Release Date and Download Date. Good idea but buddy like 0.01% of people are going to have PS5s tomorrow for this Download Date to hit.

Almost as though it's intended for the rest of the console's lifespan when pre-loads will be a thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

GreatGreen posted:

Seems like all they'd have to do is allow users to manually configure the PS5 to output for a 1080p display, at which point the console could automatically use adaptive resolution to lock each game down to 1080p, while also locking in the "fancy graphics" mode by default for each game, and unlock the frame cap to 60 fps as long as 1080p output mode is on.

Basically, as long as adaptive resolution works for each game, it could be possible for the PS5 to be setup to enable "Fancy Graphics 60fps 1080p" mode even as an update in the future.
If you can achieve 60fps at an adaptive resolution above 1080p and downsample it to 1080p, then why would would want to lock the internal framebuffer to 1080p in the first place?