Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeah, I feel like if you click on this thread you have either watched all of Dexter or expect to see spoilers. No need to tag anything for the previous seasons of the show.

e: wow what a shameful snipe someone post treadmill.gif I am on my phone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Kids grow up so fast. Sometimes between shots.

https://i.imgur.com/m2Fj6lt.mp4

E: lol I have this to look forward to at least

itry
Aug 23, 2019

I haven't watched all of Dexter... and I'm not planning to :colbert:

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 98 days!

itry posted:

I haven't watched all of Dexter... and I'm not planning to :colbert:

look at this rear end in a top hat with self-respect. disgusting.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Der Shovel posted:

Kids grow up so fast. Sometimes between shots.

https://i.imgur.com/m2Fj6lt.mp4

E: lol I have this to look forward to at least

Haha holy loving poo poo. How have I never before in all my years of seeing this gif realized that's an adult stunt double. :wtc:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Season 6 Episode 7

- oh gently caress is the Ice Truck Killer's ghost going to be a long time feature now?
- lol I guess Trinity's son is now Trinitying things up, because we couldn't let that plotline be
- it's going to be real tragic when the Doomsday Killer's little helper has to kill his nice sister
- oh my god this murder brothers road trip
- why is Dexter acting like a sex weirdo all of a sudden
- why is Dexter blasting at traffic signs
- what the gently caress is going on in this episode :psyduck:
- I get that the intent is probably to show that Brother Sam's death pushed Dexter onto a dark road, which is why he's seeing his brother's ghost again and whatnot, but this is just ... what the gently caress is this?
- lol the intern's video game
- some 4D chess by Trinity's son here. Killed my abusive mum after my sister's suicide, hoping to lure a guy from Florida to come here and kill me. Because, you know, that guy could be a secret serial killer or something.
- this episode felt like bad Dexter fan fic

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Der Shovel posted:

Season 6 Episode 7

- oh gently caress is the Ice Truck Killer's ghost going to be a long time feature now?
- lol I guess Trinity's son is now Trinitying things up, because we couldn't let that plotline be
- it's going to be real tragic when the Doomsday Killer's little helper has to kill his nice sister
- oh my god this murder brothers road trip
- why is Dexter acting like a sex weirdo all of a sudden
- why is Dexter blasting at traffic signs
- what the gently caress is going on in this episode :psyduck:
- I get that the intent is probably to show that Brother Sam's death pushed Dexter onto a dark road, which is why he's seeing his brother's ghost again and whatnot, but this is just ... what the gently caress is this?
- lol the intern's video game
- some 4D chess by Trinity's son here. Killed my abusive mum after my sister's suicide, hoping to lure a guy from Florida to come here and kill me. Because, you know, that guy could be a secret serial killer or something.

Is this the episode where it's heavily implied (or never explained how) Dexter dragged a body up to the top of a grain silo?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Der Shovel posted:

Hold on to that feeling.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Is this the episode where it's heavily implied (or never explained how) Dexter dragged a body up to the top of a grain silo?

The very same!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Der Shovel posted:

The very same!

How mahvelous!

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Re-reading a summary of season six and I completely forgot that Batista and Laguerta got married and then divorced

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
So forgettable that Batista forgot his onscreen wife died

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Dragonstoned posted:

Re-reading a summary of season six and I completely forgot that Batista and Laguerta got married and then divorced

I'm not surprised because it felt like even the writers forgot. It was seriously handled with a couple of very off hand comments.

Seriously. Someone in the elevator saying "so Batista and the captain divorced, huh?" and Angel mentioning he's "a two time divorcee".

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Barely recognized him without his beard or, more importantly, the hat.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

itry posted:

Barely recognized him without his beard or, more importantly, the hat.

You should watch Oz.

Well, everyone should watch Oz. Both he and Lauren Velez (Laguerta) are in it, playing much better characters, especially her.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

You should watch Oz.

Well, everyone should watch Oz. Both he and Lauren Velez (Laguerta) are in it, playing much better characters, especially her.

It was so weird how scary David Zayas was on Oz. (He's really, really funny on Gotham too, he's just a good actor).

But yeah, Vélez is really strong on Oz. I know the prisoners were generally the more compelling characters, but I found it easier to get invested in the staff plotlines (and when you've got Edie Falco, Rita Moreno and BD Wong as regulars, it's hard not to be).

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Open Source Idiom posted:

It was so weird how scary David Zayas was on Oz. (He's really, really funny on Gotham too, he's just a good actor).

But yeah, Vélez is really strong on Oz. I know the prisoners were generally the more compelling characters, but I found it easier to get invested in the staff plotlines (and when you've got Edie Falco, Rita Moreno and BD Wong as regulars, it's hard not to be).

The show itself gets really weird, and the filming and just general production is oddly removed from the way normal prestige tv is done, but goddamn, there was a ton of talent there. JK Simmons was so loving good as THE white supremacist that it took a little while to see him as anyone else. Oz kind of launched him into Hollywood, and I'm glad for it; dude is phenomenal.

Also, Eamonn Walker, who you don't hear enough of, honestly, was perfect as Kareem Said. Everyone was great.

nerox
May 20, 2001

Look, between Dexter, his dark passenger, and ghost Harry, a body could very easily be moved to the top of a grain silo with teamwork.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

it turns out the dark passenger was the friends we made along the way

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Go full Roseanne, the finale never happened. It was Dexter's journal.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

The show itself gets really weird, and the filming and just general production is oddly removed from the way normal prestige tv is done, but goddamn, there was a ton of talent there. JK Simmons was so loving good as THE white supremacist that it took a little while to see him as anyone else. Oz kind of launched him into Hollywood, and I'm glad for it; dude is phenomenal.

Also, Eamonn Walker, who you don't hear enough of, honestly, was perfect as Kareem Said. Everyone was great.

The best framing to give Oz, I've been told, is to watch it the same way you'd watch shakespearan plays. The plot propels and people die in outlandish ways and you just sort of nod like "Yep. Ophelia went mad and drown herselfBeecher grows long nails and slices Metzger's neck."

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
My favorite stupid part of this stupid show is how Deb drove around in a BMW E46 3-series convertible. Then she crashes it, and when they show the wrecked car it's suddenly an E36, which is an older, boxier model.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Season 5 Episode 8.

- It's REALLY gonna be a real shame when DDK Junior's nice sister gets murdered, but I'm sure this show would be above such tricks.
- I can't wait for Masuka's intern to turn out to be another serial killer. Just counting down the minutes until it turns out he killed that prostitute because he's such a big fan of Dexter and wants to set up puzzles for him and fawn over his brilliance or some poo poo.
- Ah yes, Dexter gets a bible, Dexter starts to read the bible. I swear to god if this is building up to Dexter accidentally becoming religious I will flip my poo poo.
- Oh no wait, it's going to turn out that DDK Junior's nice sister is involved in some shady poo poo instead, isn't it? This interview with Debra sure seems suspicious in any case.
- Again, the DDK's picture and identity were in all the papers, and he outright said he'd better stay out of sight. AND HE'S JUST WALKING AROUND A PRESCHOOL WITH A GOD drat SHOVEL KNOCKING OUT PEOPLE.
- Uhh and I guess he also had time to set up a loving elaborate human murder statue in the front yard of a PRESCHOOL in broad daylight and nobody really noticed or gave a flying gently caress about it?
- Welp I guess DDK Jr's nice sister isn't involved in poo poo after all.
- Here is a piece of rebar that it literally glowing red hot, but I wrapped a hankey around it so it's fine.
- Dexter the stealth ninja parking his car 10 feet outside the serial killer's lair, slamming the car door as he gets out.
- And then completely dropping his guard and stopping the search for the super dangerous serial killer the second he notices the chained up DDK Jr.
- I remember the time when Dexter was supposed to be super meticulous, smart and prepared. Boy those were the days, huh?

I am firmly in hatewatching territory now. (E: I'm sure nobody could tell)

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Nov 10, 2020

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Der Shovel posted:

- Again, the DDK's picture and identity were in all the papers, and he outright said he'd better stay out of sight. AND HE'S JUST WALKING AROUND A PRESCHOOL WITH A GOD drat SHOVEL KNOCKING OUT PEOPLE.

Dear lord, you are in for a magnificent treat come season 8.

Also, for everyone else, and I'll put this in spoiler tags specifically for Der Shovel... I'm referring to Hannah outing herself thanks to Harrison and the Dreadmill, but was it S7 when Dexter killed someone in an international airport?

Christ, what a mess.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I'm glad that my brain correctly prioritized information such that I have no recollection of Dexter past either the Lithgow or Lumen season other than poo poo was bad.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
season 1 and lithgow was peak dexter. everything else was a dumpster fire.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

The later seasons blur together so I'm enjoying these random bursts of commentary dredging up long repressed memories.

Bolingbroke
Jan 4, 2015
Did they ever explain what was up with Hannah murdering the former owner of the garden centre (Beverly Grey)? IIRC it started out ambiguous what motivated Hannah's murders and then it was slowly revealed that everyone she murdered either had it coming or there were mitigating circumstances, and so Hannah turns out to be ~a good serial killer just like Dexter~. But she murdered the totally innocent garden centre lady just to inherit her business? And it's never brought up again after the cliffhanger where Dexter figures it out? The show just forgets that Dexter's love interest murdered an innocent woman for money?

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

i cannot loving wait till der shovel gets to the high school reunion episode

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

God Hole posted:

i cannot loving wait till der shovel gets to the high school reunion episode

That was when Hammer time was discussed, right?

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

That was when Hammer time was discussed, right?

all i remember is dancing ghost harry

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

And Dexter randomly getting his dick sucked.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I believe all of that was at the beginning of season 6, so they should be good.

Does Hammer Time mean anything to you in the Dexter context, Der Shovel?

JaddaCaddra
Oct 3, 2013

Bolingbroke posted:

Did they ever explain what was up with Hannah murdering the former owner of the garden centre (Beverly Grey)? IIRC it started out ambiguous what motivated Hannah's murders and then it was slowly revealed that everyone she murdered either had it coming or there were mitigating circumstances, and so Hannah turns out to be ~a good serial killer just like Dexter~. But she murdered the totally innocent garden centre lady just to inherit her business? And it's never brought up again after the cliffhanger where Dexter figures it out? The show just forgets that Dexter's love interest murdered an innocent woman for money?

I had completely forgotten about that until you mentioned it, but I think it's mentioned in a throwaway line that it was supposed to be a mercy killing. Though given this show, it wouldn't surprise me if that's just something I made up in my mind to fill in a gap and they never actually said it.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I believe all of that was at the beginning of season 6, so they should be good.

Does Hammer Time mean anything to you in the Dexter context, Der Shovel?

Haha yeah, that was the first episode of the season. It sure was something else, but largely in a positive sense IMO. And yes, "I have no idea what hammer time is... or how it differs from normal time" was amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8pgPtNvvhw

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

FishBowlRobot posted:

And Dexter randomly getting his dick sucked.

Is this when the dad gives him a thumbs up

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Same episode but that's during the hammer time scene above

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Regy Rusty posted:

Same episode but that's during the hammer time scene above

It would be so much better if someone were to splice in the thumbs up during the blowjob scene. Maybe another look, and get the closer, second shot of Harry smiling.

Edit: I just rewatched the scene and the Thumbs Up would work perfectly, upside down, when Dexter opens his eyes while he's lying on the desk.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Nov 12, 2020

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I gave up in whatever season had Zero Cool in it as a religious villain. I can't really fathom coming back for more of this as a show writer, but hey whatever is old is new again, what could go wrong?

I really did love the first 2 seasons and season 4. Season 3 was just kinda goofy, but I think compelling still compared to everything after season 4 where I could not care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The Notorious ZSB posted:

I gave up in whatever season had Zero Cool in it as a religious villain.

Man, you take these random snippets from Dexter and they sound dope as hell but then you put them all together and...