Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Betoke: Snout’s face morphs into Biden’s, applying retroactively

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

You can go look at his Twitter to see that, but if it's not directly art or Deegan related, I'm not reposting it.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

How would anyone notice if a character was intended to look like someone? He’s not that good.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

He'd trace, duh

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Mors Rattus posted:

How would anyone notice if a character was intended to look like someone? He’s not that good.

To be fair, not that he necessarily deserves it, I think he could do a recognizable caricature - possibly - if the person in question had really distinct features. Like I think he could make a recognizable Trump or Bernie, among some others. I mean, considering Wormbama and poo poo, the standard in political cartoons for what constitutes an acceptable and recognizable caricature are so low that even Mookie could soar over them in most cases.

That said, I don't think Harris has any real remarkable features or distinguishing idiosyncrasies that he could pull it off.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Last time on Dominic Deegan Z: Snout got his poo poo rocked.

Today’s episode, Corpsemomdaughterwife reacts to rocking Snout’s poo poo.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
This is the same goddamn plot point that happened right after they escaped the cabin.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

There's also a new Satyrday but it's very boring so I'm not even gonna bother posting it. At least it's not that sexy necromancer poo poo anymore.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
Oh God it's going in a "I only hit you because I love you (despite potentially not having sapience or at least an adult mind)" isn't it.

God drat it mookie

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

It is incredibly hosed up that Mookie has reverted the power dynamic this way. Now about can be all noble and reconciliatory even after being hit, so he's gonna look like such a good dude.

I see what you're doing Mookie and I hate it.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I just can't get over the partially trimmed pubes.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Fister Roboto posted:

I just can't get over the partially trimmed pubes.

Yeah I found that loving weird too. She's clearly supposed to have natural hair from how he chose to draw her armpit hair (which is fine! Honestly, it's the least weird choice about this character), but I've NEVER seen pubic hair do that without being trimmed.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Maxwell Lord posted:

This is the same goddamn plot point that happened right after they escaped the cabin.

At this point the repetition is definitely intentional. Everything from the last two weeks has been repeating things we’ve already seen (sometimes literally just the same panels). But like...what’s the idea? What is Mookie trying to do with this comic that only repeats itself?

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.

TheHan posted:

But like...what’s the idea? What is Mookie trying to do with this comic that only repeats itself?

Stagnate, I assume. If you have one trick, you get real good at it.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

it somehow keeps getting worse, with a more poorly-defined story

i hope this never ends i love this comic

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I assume he doesn't think about the comic until Sunday, then quickly decides what he's going to do for those 3 pages and knocks them out as fast as possible. Sometimes (often) that means he has no new ideas about where the plot is going, and we get repetition of scenes, journal entries that re-state what was already obvious, or travel pages.

Dalris Othaine posted:

Stagnate, I assume. If you have one trick, you get real good at it.

"good"

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
Did we agree to using the time machine?

Because I checked the next two pages and nothing happens at all.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

FlocksOfMice posted:

Fuckall has happened for months, why should this week be any different?

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
I still don't understand why she has to be naked

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

nothing we've seen so far in DD classic has made me feel a physically gross sensation like the continuing adventures of the anime catboy and his nude, potentially black corpsewifedaughter

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Yeah I found that loving weird too. She's clearly supposed to have natural hair from how he chose to draw her armpit hair (which is fine! Honestly, it's the least weird choice about this character), but I've NEVER seen pubic hair do that without being trimmed.

Mookie probably thinks that, since he is doing ~respectful nudity~ and has been drawing dicks, he has to also draw pussies, and doesn't want to conceal them with pubes.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Are you trying to say that pubes don't just carefully hang out on the periphery of sexual characteristics? That they don't tenaciously avoid obscuring anything of note and actively scuttle away from the focus?

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
In a good story, this constant repetition could be used to show the cycle of abuse Snout experiences from everyone around him. He is hurt, the other person apologizes, he forgives, things continue until the next outburst.

This story... does Mookie even believe women can abuse men? I know he doesn't believe women can rape men, or that Ink Witch's behavior is abusive, but the last pages have me wondering. I suspect he's literally going for "Corpse Bride just can't control her emotions, it's not her fault she keeps beating Snout".

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Cloacamazing! posted:

"Corpse Bride just can't control her emotions, it's not her fault she keeps beating Snout".

Yeah this is literally what is happening. Imagine this story with the genders flipped - Snout is no longer a noble Good Guy, it's a dark look into a toxic abusive relationship and how we can't let them go.

FlocksOfMice posted:

Yeah it's beat for beat exactly what's already happened. Mookie is in a perpetual loop of establishing the same information to the reader.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

TheHan posted:

Last time on Dominic Deegan Z: Snout got his poo poo rocked.

Today’s episode, Corpsemomdaughterwife reacts to rocking Snout’s poo poo.

snout's snout just makes that last panel look like he's going : D

Happy Landfill posted:

I still don't understand why she has to be naked

it's ~art~

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Yeah this is literally what is happening. Imagine this story with the genders flipped - Snout is no longer a noble Good Guy, it's a dark look into a toxic abusive relationship and how we can't let them go.

I mean, it's already the second option, it's just that Mookie is most likely going for the first.

The story he wants to tell is about the innocent Snout full of goodness who by virtue of being so nice will help all the people around him. The story he's actually telling is about Snout who got drawn into some weird fight between Ink Witch, Arudak, Evil Ink Witch and whatever else is going on here, and at least two parties are trying to manipulate him into helping him. He left them, but since he has never left home before, he's now latched onto the first person he could find, who unfortunately turned out to be even more abusive than the others, and in a violent way to boot. But he's convinced himself that he can change her, she always says she's sorry and he knows she's a good person at heart. This story would be seriously dark if the author was capable of understanding why it comes across that way. Or maybe he's going for the heroic abuser now, instead of the heroic rapist.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

rannum posted:

snout's snout just makes that last panel look like he's going : D

:snout:

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

I wonder how much of this is Mookie working through his own issues rather than just trying to tell a very problematc story. Remember, this whole arc started when he had to take a trip to a cabin because

mookie posted:

At four months in to this quarantine and counting, I’m at the end of my rope. I’ve run out of creative ways to entertain my five year old son, and I find myself snapping at him at the slightest provocation, or in worse cases no provocation at all. All our avenues of “escape,” from my backyard (which is falling into disrepair) to the usual routes where we take our walks, fill me with disdain. My wife tells me she’s “afraid to come home from work to find me in a state of aggravation.”

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
Yikes that last sentence

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Robot Style posted:

I wonder how much of this is Mookie working through his own issues rather than just trying to tell a very problematc story. Remember, this whole arc started when he had to take a trip to a cabin because

I can definitely see this being the case because otherwise I just come out of reading the updates like, "I'm not entirely sure how I'm supposed to feel about that?" and honestly it doesn't help that it feels like the story has changed track several times...or had a tenuous grasp of the track to begin with. Frankly, it's good that he has a creative outlet so that he can work through those issues in private

this is 100% a joke about Legacy's readership

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

This comic is unbearable. We already know he doesn't know these things and I'm pretty sure there was already a whole page of text dedicated to him telling us he doesn't know these things. Meanwhile he should know these things since he spent a whole month slowly picking up pages detailing her origin. What's the point of a story where nothing happens and when something does happen the main character just refuses to acknowledge it? And heads up, Friday is pointless too cause it's just a prelude to another godless walking montage. I've never read a story with absolutely nothing to offer even ironically.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
It's still only been something like six or seven days since the comic started.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Why are his cheeks so swollen? Did he lose any teeth in that last attack?

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
I'm gonna do a comic starring a deaf character so I can experiment with having no dialogue! Everything will be conveyed visually!

And then the character will write everything down in a journal because I immediately stopped trusting my own ability to convey his feelings through art so we gotta pause every other comic for him to explain to the audience what's going on. I'm a good artist.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
It's been several months and several thousand posts since I last checked this thread. Do I have blackout bingo yet?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

No, because we haven't had any almost good arcs, villains or superheroes.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Thought as much. Ah, well. See y'all in another six months to get the same answer again then.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

We do have the RL reason for plot change, Mookie said that's what was happening.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Also the tone deaf abuse themes are no longer a question mark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

I said I wanted snout punched but not like this. Not like this.

(Mookie certainly has a thing for wanting his audience to sympathize with abusers doesn't he)