Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sandwolf posted:

Did you really think she was lying about being 3P? That only makes sense for scum (which they’re still probably dead) or jesters (which, in fact, are 3P too)

I don’t know, I just felt like they crumbled way too easy and were lying about it somehow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

So PMush and Amnistar both have pretty low quality wishy washy posts D1, I’m equally suspicious of both of them.

I want to hear DB’s reasoning for changing his mind on me D1 based on no new information, it’s like he is just cribbing other people’s opinions rather than forming one himself. Overall not feeling great about him

Looking over hummalong’s posts there isn’t much to work with, he suspected STG based on one weird post but that was about it, nothing conclusive in my mind to indicate why he was targeted

##vote PMush

Would also switch to amnistar

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Don’t really get the narrative that bif might have been lying either, seems to be a weird thing to get stuck up on when she had no reason to

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Actually sticking with my initial suspicions, as I’ve been hosed over before ignoring them, I think it’s

##vote DB

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
eh, why the gently caress not ##vote db

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I dunno, I can see DB I guess, but I’m not too convinced by it? It feels a little self conscious but like the town call on STG from DB feels pretty organic to me

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

ObamaAkbar. posted:

So PMush and Amnistar both have pretty low quality wishy washy posts D1, I’m equally suspicious of both of them.

I want to hear DB’s reasoning for changing his mind on me D1 based on no new information, it’s like he is just cribbing other people’s opinions rather than forming one himself. Overall not feeling great about him

Looking over hummalong’s posts there isn’t much to work with, he suspected STG based on one weird post but that was about it, nothing conclusive in my mind to indicate why he was targeted

##vote PMush

Would also switch to amnistar

Bif changed my mind, the post that Bif quoted:

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Wow lot of posts to get through this morning!

My feelings so far, bif/steak slap fights feels like they are mostly talking past each other, although I thought it was pretty obvious that steak was joking with his earlier “serious” posting and I’m not sure why bif is if pretending that his quote of hummalong was him uncharacteristically going back to joking.

This pinged me when I read it as well and I think I made my first judgement of you based on the whole of your posting, but Bif convinced me you were suspicious because I disagreed with your take on Steak's joking vs. serious posting. I was wrong to believe Bif, but fortunately she made it easy on us all and self destructed.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Mr. Steak posted:

eh, why the gently caress not ##vote db

lazy me-too vote :rolleyes:

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I'm going with my D1 read of IA/AA being scum for the reason I outlined previously. ##vote AA

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Dick Bastardly posted:

I'm going with my D1 read of IA/AA being scum for the reason I outlined previously. ##vote AA

which are...

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Sandwolf posted:

which are...

Dick Bastardly posted:

There is certainly some content to comment on which is guiding me to see who might be lurking scum not participating so far.

Amni - low post count, but read earnest. Has an actual reason to vote me. Leaning town for Amni.

Obama - Low post count, but the content within is good. Looks like they actually took the time and effort to read the Bif/Steak interaction in depth. Leaning town for OA.

AA/IA (amalgam) - Low post count over half of which are jokey, the other posts are lazy latching on to established cases/suss. Seems scummy to me. Not too good of a look so far.

Humalong - very very paltry collection of posts so far, none of which seem particularly bad (other than the votefinder tomfoolery, but that is alignment neutral imo). Hum will be looking suss if they don't make good on their intent to make some comments/reads on the Bif/steak interactions. I'm null on Hum atm.

STG - Once again, paltry showing thus far. Lighthearted, but also seeming to lack conviction for a take. It's early, I know, but we now have content to read over. Giving me bad gutfeels but I know they are pretty new so I'll give the benefit of the doubt for now. Null read but I'll be following their progress moving forward with interest.

##vote AA

Nothing has changed to this point, so I'm going with my original suss.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Dick Bastardly posted:

whatcha think of PMush

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

Dick Bastardly posted:

Nothing has changed because nothing has happened Bif got voted out for claiming a 3p role and Humalong died?

What exactly would you like to see in my play?

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
But even beyond that... what developments did you expect day 1 into the first few game hours of day 2?

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Idle Amalgam posted:

But even beyond that... what developments did you expect day 1 into the first few game hours of day 2?

CLARIFICATION: I'm trying to say your whole point against me is nonsense in that you expect I should have some developed case on anyone at this point.

That leads me to believe one of two things...

A. You believe me to have some insight beyond what town knows.

B. You have insight beyond what town knows and are not being sincere with your suspicion of me.

There is no reason for you to believe I have any insight, so I believe B is more favorable here.

##vote DB

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

New day, same reads, a 3p lunch doesn’t really help or hinder anything from the votes or the way it’s played out, except maybe some suspicion on early votes on bif pre-3p announcement.

Including, oh look, ##vote steak

Reasons the same as before D1 Lunch.

Also willing atm to switch to Sci or DGK, same as D1

PMush isn’t ringing alarm bells like they did post MorteM in the last game we played in hindsight, And is reading null to me. I’m not liking the three vote immediate combo post D2 opening

Sandwolf seems to be asking a lot of questions to multiple people, seems close to his town play.

AA is null-ish. I’ll reread.

Obama is a bit sus, just a gut feeling though

RF is kinda lurkingish? I dunno. I think my Watson might be rogue

STG seems null/town to me

I don’t see DB acting scummy the way y’all apparently do, null/town seemingly to me.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I don't see a steak case rn SNG

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Sandwolf posted:

whatcha think of PMush

I don't really get what the case on Pmush is tbh

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Idle Amalgam posted:

Did you kill Hum?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Dick Bastardly posted:

I don't really get what the case on Pmush is tbh

the way she's kind of popping in and popping out, never really trying to do anything, just enough to be 'present' but absolutely no interest in seeking out scum

I know this feels weak but if you read through their post history, she responds to stuff without much conviction, responds to some of my prods, just seems more eager to keep disappearing into the background

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Sandwolf posted:

the way she's kind of popping in and popping out, never really trying to do anything, just enough to be 'present' but absolutely no interest in seeking out scum

I know this feels weak but if you read through their post history, she responds to stuff without much conviction, responds to some of my prods, just seems more eager to keep disappearing into the background

I could say the same for AA imo

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Dick Bastardly posted:

I could say the same for AA imo

I think AA actually cares a bit, whereas I just get nothing from PMush

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Sandwolf posted:

I think AA actually cares a bit, whereas I just get nothing from PMush

It's really crazy and weird because that's how I feel about pmush kinda lol

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
to clarify: if you switch pmush and AA in your postulation..

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Dick Bastardly posted:

Did you kill Hum?

No, I tried to get cool powers from candy like any reasonable non-guilty person would do, and got some boring-rear end vanilla candy.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
I will say I think it's incredible steak badgered bif into claiming. Like how is that even possible lol.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Idle Amalgam posted:

No, I tried to get cool powers from candy like any reasonable non-guilty person would do, and got some boring-rear end vanilla candy.

:same:

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
I woulda been like...
"Okay, steakums."

and ignored everything else he spewed until someone said... "this crazy tirade makes sense"

Just a weird set of events that D1.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

weird post

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

DB made a snipe at me that I quickly shot down and then didn't bring me or it up again, and I remember that exact same scenario happening recently but can't remember if he was scum or town, need to clean some cobwebs out of my head but it definitely doesn't sit right

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Sandwolf posted:

weird post

Almost like he accused me with no real conviction, asked a pointless question, got an honest response, then decided to go along like jovial cohorts?

Yes, that could be described as weird... I mean it's too early in the day, but if I had gotten a gun candy... POP POP!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

yeah I could see DB now

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Sandwolf posted:

yeah I could see DB now

afraid to vote?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Dick Bastardly posted:

afraid to vote?

##vote DB

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

no? nothing to say to that DB?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Sandwolf posted:

no? nothing to say to that DB?

why didn't you vote me in the same post you sussed me in?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Dick Bastardly posted:

why didn't you vote me in the same post you sussed me in?

do *you* think that's scummy or not?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Sandwolf posted:

do *you* think that's scummy or not?

yeah, I do think it's a bit scummy, in fact

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Decided to take another look at the posts from the flipped players, see if I could get anything more helpful or concrete from that.

There isn't much to be gained from Humalong, except his input on the DGK/SW thing (and I can't get much to read from that), but bif... hoo, boy, bif. I've spent a few hours on and off trying to get SOMETHING useful out of that. For the sake of argument, I'm going to assume that Steak really did get pinged by Bif's weirdness, and it wasn't just a lucky guess. On one hand, you might think "well, would scum go that hard on someone", but a Halloween game would be the perfect time for scum to be worried about SKs. So I don't think that actually clears Steak at all.

Mr. Steak posted:

its not worth pursuing bif more at this time. she has switched off of me and out of respect i'll do the same for her.

##vote amnistar
In fact, it makes this post look way, way worse. It explains things, specifically the apparent discrepancy between "I believe my case" and "I'm willing to look elsewhere". And that storm of focused posts earlier would serve the twin goals of grinding down someone pinging him and making it way messier for town to actually scumhunt with multiple pages of white noise and chaos involved. Steak was pinging me all day yesterday, because SOMETHING felt off about his posting, and I'm pretty confident I've figured out what.

##vote Mr. Steak

I'd also vote Amni on guy, and probably DB to avoid a no-lunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Mafia edit: Amni on gut*