Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah, I'm loving pissed at Amazon. Getting a preorder in and now them throwing up their hands and saying they don't know when they'll ship it is some bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Get on support and tell them it was a bday present for your son or some poo poo and you are super loving pissed. I'm serious. The couple times I contacted them actually pissed off for legitimate reasons they offered credit. I received a $200 credit to my gift card balance because they were late getting me something for my wedding.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

It arrived.

The amount of English on the box threw me for a second

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Fixed the download problem by switching to 5ghz connection welp

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Enjoy it

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

AlmightyBob posted:

Fixed the download problem by switching to 5ghz connection welp

wifi stuff can be wacky. Glad you got it fixed!

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Now my controller is updating I forgot all about that possibility

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im gonna be the most gaijin possible and set up my xbox to watch american football

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Xbox would do way better in japan with the right mascot costume marketing

They went low effort with an anime console girl but you gotta go all the way with a big plush irl thing dancing around

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

getting over 120mbs downloading Yakuza which is like twice as fast as I would get on my xbone

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Man, the Forza Horizon 4 Series X update looks fantastic. Running at native 4K at a solid 60fps with the equivalent of maxed PC settings. Also everything loads super fast of course.

I can get used to this. :D

Edit: going to download and try the Sea of Thieves upgrade next.

Fanatic fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Nov 10, 2020

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Newegg hosed up, the Xbox Series X is avialable to purchase but only as a combo, but it doesnt say what the combo is. So you cant purchase it.

Hayt
Sep 11, 2000

I said come in! posted:

Newegg hosed up, the Xbox Series X is avialable to purchase but only as a combo, but it doesnt say what the combo is. So you cant purchase it.

And yet they're somehow out of stock again, after only 6 minutes...

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ey yo, Yakuza 7 looking smooooooth baby

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Dang. I thought Target and Best Buy would have it up to order tonight. Aw well.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Detective No. 27 posted:

Dang. I thought Target and Best Buy would have it up to order tonight. Aw well.

Refreshing those, Wal-Mart, and Amazon as well. No luck. Ooh well, no big deal.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Did Yakuza unlock? it said the 9th in the store but was locked when I downloaded it

Barudak
May 7, 2007

AlmightyBob posted:

Did Yakuza unlock? it said the 9th in the store but was locked when I downloaded it

Yeah, the US crossed midnight now so its playable

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Barudak posted:

Yeah, the US crossed midnight now so its playable

Cool, one good thing about being on the west coast is 9pm unlocks lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Got one in my cart from the Microsoft site and finished the checkout process but then Microsoft swooped in and saved me a bunch of money.

Thanks but no thanks.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

I said come in! posted:

Refreshing those, Wal-Mart, and Amazon as well. No luck. Ooh well, no big deal.

Walmart won't be up until noon EST. Nothing happened on Target, but the Microsoft Store has my order as "pending".

Gonna feel like an idiot if this comes 6 months from now, but I was mashing through the checkout process blindly.

Gonna feel like a double idiot if I believe the picture above, cancel tomorrow after snagging one from Walmart and then end up with two by accident. :cool:

anglachel
May 28, 2012

FallenGod posted:

Walmart won't be up until noon EST. Nothing happened on Target, but the Microsoft Store has my order as "pending".

Gonna feel like an idiot if this comes 6 months from now, but I was mashing through the checkout process blindly.

Gonna feel like a double idiot if I believe the picture above, cancel tomorrow after snagging one from Walmart and then end up with two by accident. :cool:

People are claiming it will be up at midnight CENTRAL time for Target.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

I'm going to buy all the loving xboxes

lmao what is going on with newegg

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I got one from Microsoft! :toot: Do they charge right away, or once it ships? I won't get my console until December 23.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
On the upside I've left the X from Microsoft in my cart and went back to check on it and the delivery estimate is still the 23rd of December so maybe they're just being extremely generous with it? Still gonna wait it out but if you bought from them hopefully you'll get it sooner.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yakuza 7 autosaves and its throwing me for a loop yall

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
My wife and her siblings were looking for one for my brother-in-law for Xmas so 12/23 is just fine. Thanks for flagging that goons.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1326035283633082369

irpoweroutlet
Aug 23, 2005
It's 'Lectric!

gently caress, I’d almost rather give my money to scalpers than gamestop

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Thanks Goons! Ordered it from Microsoft. After a bunch of page errors it suddenly connected just fine. Says 12/23 delivery but I’m hoping that maybe it comes early. And if not, that’s fine too.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Neither the Bundle, nor the All Access seem like a good deal to me.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Yeah I'm not signing a two year contract through Gamestop for an Xbox with no games.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

You do get Ultimate Game Pass with it, but I would rather just sign up for that separately. Without reading the fine print, I suspect its full of really bad stuff that screws you over and you end up paying way more in the long term.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I think it's actually cheaper in the long run (assuming you don't miss a payment or something) but it still just feels weird to have a ping on my credit score because of an Xbox.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Could there be anything more American? :911:

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
You can earn ~3 months of GamePass a year just on MS reward points, that would tack onto the emd of your all access sub but yeah all access doesn't really save you that much.

You also have the option to unsub from GP if theres nothing that interests you anymore or if you're like me move to the switch to play games for a while. Can't really do that with all access

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yakuza 7 loads so fast I cant read the tooltips that pop up.

I assume on PS5 the game loads before the call to the tooltip screen completes

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Barudak posted:

Yakuza 7 loads so fast I cant read the tooltips that pop up.

I assume on PS5 the game loads before the call to the tooltip screen completes

I can't go back to my PS4 and One X anymore after seeing how fast SSD is on these new consoles. Valhalla is a game I am playing on PC, and it takes full advantage of SSDs now and loads so much faster than Odyssey did and I am playing it on the same SSD.

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

American McGay posted:

Yeah I'm not signing a two year contract through Gamestop for an Xbox with no games.

The way I recall it working is the credit contract is just through you and whoever the finance company Microsoft is using + Microsoft. Gamestop just supplies you with the console and presumably gets an initial cut/finder's fee and then they are out of the loop. So once Gamestop goes belly up it doesn't really affect anything.

Still not a great deal if you don't plan to keep game pass for those two years. Does anyone remember if it is automatically added to your account or do you get a card/code? What happens if you already have 3 years of game pass and do all access (since you can't stack above 3 years IIRC)?

Also, I guess in theory taking the initial ping for the pull could ultimately result in improving your credit score assuming you make all your payments. But just lol if that is a factor/incentive/actual reason for someone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The animated wallpaper that matches the color of your profile looks pretty nice.