Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

haveblue posted:

watched the first episode of raised by wolves

this is going places

quit while you're ahead

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Shaggar posted:

quit while you're ahead

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Shaggar posted:

quit while you're ahead

wait where is the shaggar was right millennium falcon

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
oh dear god i have an imgur account full of questionable things none of them the shaggar falcon

BaldDwarfOnPCP fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Nov 10, 2020

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
sir, this is a scifi thread

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
scifi thot fargo is not being scifi anymore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW0vJLI4DhM

raised by wolves was pretty intense and cool but idk i didn't finish it

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i think the consensus was it went completely off the rails by the end

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
raised by wolves ends with the female android giving birth to a flying snake monster which eats blood/robot goo. she and the male android get in a shuttle with the snake and try to crash it into one of the holes in the planet, but it turns out the planet is hollow so they just come out the other side, the final shot of the season is a comically bad cgi flying snake monster flying away into the sky.

Shaggar fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Nov 10, 2020

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
like it gave me a pretty good laugh, but its really not worth watching the show to get there.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Shaggar posted:

raised by wolves ends with the female android giving birth to a flying snake monster which eats blood/robot goo. she and the male android get in a shuttle with the snake and try to crash it into one of the holes in the planet, but it turns out the planet is hollow so they just come out the other side, the final shot of the season is a comically bad cgi flying snake monster flying away into the sky.

well the male/female androids are named mother and father so you could work that in

and the loving insane kill ability the androids have is all tied to the eyes so that's meaningful

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Shaggar posted:

wow, spoilers please!!!!!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i laughed at the part where they hacked into the android by correctly guessing that the religious man’s password was “praisejesus” or whatever

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

fart simpson posted:

i laughed at the part where they hacked into the android by correctly guessing that the religious man’s password was “praisejesus” or whatever

it was "praise the sun" but thanks for playing

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

raised by wolves isn’t science fiction, it’s religious fiction that happens to take place in space

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

qirex posted:

raised by wolves isn’t science fiction, it’s religious fiction that happens to take place in space

sure you say that but we have to backstrapulate this to aliens or alien

okay the first alien movie was a meditation on hold my beer

the second one was uh colonialism that's religious

the third one was explicitly religious but that was david fincher so not sure

it was pretty good

then it veered into avp or something when it got real and you wanted to pray the predator got the aliens and it was topsy turvy

then then it got real with prometheus and that was like whoa pretty religious

prometheus was the good god who got done wrong and that makes sense even though no one can remember what happened in that movie

then alien: covenant well i didn't watch that even on download but covenant

there is a religious message there

don't have sex with robots even if you are one

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

don't have sex with robots even if you are one

can i get a variance on this one for the winona ryder android in one of the later aliens?

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

rotor posted:

can i get a variance on this one for the winona ryder android in one of the later aliens?

if you’re okay with sigourney doing a basketball move and then wynona steals something you kind of wish you hadn’t left out

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

You can't have sex with robot girls. They will crush your penis with their powerful vagina gears

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i remember they ran straight instead of off to the side in prometheus

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Sagebrush posted:

You can't have sex with robot girls. They will crush your penis with their powerful vagina gears

this is so wrong

it's a system of mighty organs, zoidberg

it's perfectly safe to let your guard down though even for a second

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

if you’re okay with sigourney doing a basketball move and then wynona steals something you kind of wish you hadn’t left out

spoiler: it was my heart

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

my dying words will be "it was worth i..."

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

vagina dentata but gear teeth

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

wait where is the shaggar was right millennium falcon

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Shaggar posted:

like it gave me a pretty good laugh, but its really not worth watching the show to get there.
:hmmyes:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Sagebrush posted:

the spirit is willing but the flesh is spongy and bruised

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

there is a religious message there

a4 was the hubris of man playing god and it, like the humalien, was an abomination unto alien

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I’ve been rewatching the original bourne trilogy and it’s hilarious how nobody bothers thinking “maybe we shouldn’t have a brainwashing-based superassassin program?” until the end of the third movie and even then only because it’s revealed that they’ve been ordered to kill americans

I’d love a remake film faithful to the book especially being set in the 1970s before computers made all spy poo poo boring

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

who said jack vance was a good writer? i have some complaints.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
i've gotten to this point in our trying times when i have not watched st: voy or tng because eww but i'm going to watch ds9

avery brooks is just slamming it early even with the hair and no beard

maybe it's residual love for when i was a kid and the tng borg arc got good but probably the best capitan is sisko

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
wait a second nana visitor stole the bad 90s hair from gillian anderson and julia louis dreyfuss

this is not all about man hair anymore

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

the best capitan is sisko

truth

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

qirex posted:

I’ve been rewatching the original bourne trilogy and it’s hilarious how nobody bothers thinking “maybe we shouldn’t have a brainwashing-based superassassin program?” until the end of the third movie and even then only because it’s revealed that they’ve been ordered to kill americans

I’d love a remake film faithful to the book especially being set in the 1970s before computers made all spy poo poo boring
i was actually thinking about those the other night. the bourne movies were so loving bad holy poo poo

i actually did enjoy the books though when i was 16 and was dissapointed the movies weren't even close to the books-- and way worse. I'm not sure I'd like the books now though. also matt daemon is a fuckign garbage actor and should not have ever been in any sort of actiony- role; that he even got cast as much as he did must have been a miracle

not to mention the awful shaky cam. i do think they probably could be re-made pretty good, but that well is poisoned. then again hollywoo is so creatively bankrupt that maybe, just maybe, they'll try

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
did you see the one with hawkeye

they literally have him on superhuman endurance and intelligence drugs lol

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
the Bourne movies rule actually

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Borne movies were fine, they had some good car chases and whatnot.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i liked in the first one when they showed that lady coding up a picture from scratch somehow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

rotor posted:

Borne movies were fine, they had some good car chases and whatnot.

they had a bit of a mixup and some parkour and hell a woman got killed that's JB Standard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFnmq5PPScA

this is really how you imagine fighting a dude

just not at all