Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan
Living in the UK, when do all the games hit Gamepass? I have no new hardware today but want to play some of the 'launch games' on my One S.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Blind Rasputin posted:

I’ve heard that Valhalla is great graphically as well as for plot and setting. But, I’ve also heard a lot of people criticize the combat? Those of you playing it already is the combat really that bad compared to Odyssey? They say it doesn’t feel weighty and the animations suck poo poo.

Sounds like it’s pretty buggy too, I’m sure a patch will land soon that fixes a ton of stuff.

The open combat is competent but nothing special. The archery is the same. I am still early on but I haven't been able to assassinate anyone yet, although I looked up how after I turned it off and maybe I was doing it wrong. No prompts anymore.

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Nov 10, 2020

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Next gen has arrived

Edit: maybe should have spoilered that. Barely nsfw in the literal sense

And yes it is hemnes :smug:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Nov 10, 2020

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
Saw someone talking about buying game pass ultimate or the all access deal..don’t do that. The insane ‘upgrade your WHOLE current Xbox live subscription for one single payment’ deal still works!

https://www.pcworld.com/article/3404524/get-3-years-xbox-game-pass-ultimate-tip.html

If you have 12 months of live on your subscription you can upgrade the whole year for one single one-off £1 payment (or one-off £10.99 payment If you’ve previously used the gamepass ultimate trial).

This conversion works upto a maximum of 36 months of gold.

I got 36 months of Gamepass Ultimate which is usually £10.99 a month (£395.64) for £101.99 in total. Did this by buying 3 years of gold (£29.99 per year) on my account and then upgrading the whole lot with one £10.99 payment.

I saved an extra £30 there by buying Brazilian gold subscriptions from cdkeys and activating through a free vpn which was very simple.

This saved me £293.64 altogether.....

I could buy a whole series S and still have £43 left over. This should go in the OP really.

My Xbox series x arrives in 3 hours, I have moved everything to my external in preparation.:cheers:

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

This box is seriously small compared to the 1X. Hope it didn't get too hosed up in transport :ohdear: looks like there was barely any protection

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ruffian Price posted:

This box is seriously small compared to the 1X. Hope it didn't get too hosed up in transport :ohdear: looks like there was barely any protection

Its full of styrofoam padding holding it in place. If anything it felt more protected than previous systems Ive bought.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Barely nsfw in the literal sense

what kind of job do you have?

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Barudak posted:

Yakuza 7 loads so fast I cant read the tooltips that pop up.

I assume on PS5 the game loads before the call to the tooltip screen completes

Probably not actually

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1324712038602543105

Red dead is definitely a nomination for always being in quick resume with that load time.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Next gen has arrived

Edit: maybe should have spoilered that. Barely nsfw in the literal sense

And yes it is hemnes :smug:

Is xvideos compatible with quick resume, asking for a friend

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

Blind Rasputin posted:

I’ve heard that Valhalla is great graphically as well as for plot and setting. But, I’ve also heard a lot of people criticize the combat? Those of you playing it already is the combat really that bad compared to Odyssey? They say it doesn’t feel weighty and the animations suck poo poo.

Sounds like it’s pretty buggy too, I’m sure a patch will land soon that fixes a ton of stuff.

One of the reviews I watched said that it takes bloody ages to upgrade combat abilities to be comparable with the more recent Assassin's Creed games, but once there it's pretty nice.

I've never played any AC games though so I've no idea what that's like.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Is xvideos compatible with quick resume, asking for a friend

Yes but it takes 13 seconds to load, so you're going to have to work on your stamina

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Those loads are for BC titles, it wouldnt surprise me if regular ones loaded faster.

But seriously remember that awful load after each fight in Yakuza? Gone baby

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Barudak posted:

Those loads are for BC titles, it wouldnt surprise me if regular ones loaded faster.

But seriously remember that awful load after each fight in Yakuza? Gone baby

Fer fucks sake, you're loving life and I'm sitting here at 1110AM GMT and my Amazon order isn't even out for delivery. Bastards only sent it from England at 0600 this morning (I'm in Northern Ireland). God help the customer service peeps if I don't get it today.

No one likes to hear a grown man cry blub his loving eyes out.

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice

Barudak posted:

Its full of styrofoam padding holding it in place. If anything it felt more protected than previous systems Ive bought.

That sounds surprisingly environmentally unfriendly for Microsoft, I thought they were usually pretty good about recyclable packaging.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Every single time the loading isnt long enough to pull out my phone or I just hot swap back to tetris its next gen, baby

uvar posted:

That sounds surprisingly environmentally unfriendly for Microsoft, I thought they were usually pretty good about recyclable packaging.

I dont know what its made of, may be recyclable.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
Amazon has a 4TB external drive or a 500GB SSD for $79.99. There's also a 16TB drive for $275. Get that one.

The Gold Box can be found here: https://www.amazon.com/deal/e8879d48/ref=as_li_ss_tl?showVariations=true

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

I doubt these consoles will be available here in Iceland until next year - this has always been a PlayStation country and even the PS5 is having a ridiculously limited release. My best chance would be ordering from one of the European Amazon sites but... well, don't see that happening.

Also odd that if I go to the UK Xbox site and select a retailer, they're all showing the Series X as out of stock at 450 pounds except Amazon is somehow listed as 800?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Jesus christ. I spent a few hours wrestling with my Xbox One today, thinking it had broken because no matter what I did, I couldn't get a signal out of the system anymore.

Eventually after swapping HDMI cables, swapping HDMI ports, trying various factory reset options etc I turned the system around and realized I had plugged the HDMI cable into the HDMI In port after cleaning my TV stand the other day.

Oh well, at least it works now but god drat.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

ErrEff posted:

I doubt these consoles will be available here in Iceland until next year - this has always been a PlayStation country and even the PS5 is having a ridiculously limited release. My best chance would be ordering from one of the European Amazon sites but... well, don't see that happening.

Also odd that if I go to the UK Xbox site and select a retailer, they're all showing the Series X as out of stock at 450 pounds except Amazon is somehow listed as 800?

I saw a while back people in the UK were buying them from the Polish Microsoft site, I imagine they would also ship to Iceland ?

My series X just arrived, this working from home has some perks.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

uvar posted:

It's some biodegradable foam made from corn or something.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

I assume there's a system update to download upon initial setup; what size is it?

Sterf
Dec 31, 2004

WattsvilleBlues posted:

I assume there's a system update to download upon initial setup; what size is it?

775Mb if I remember correctly

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide

Blind Rasputin posted:

They say it doesn’t feel weighty and the animations suck poo poo.

After not playing a AC game since the pirate one from last launch, i picked up Odyssey and this is exactly how I would describe the combat. Perhaps living in a post-dark souls era is to blame

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The horrendous lurching feeling of going from 60fps to 30fps is not worth whatever the hell comes with Yakuza's high resolution mode. I don't care if the dirt texture in a cutscene is PS2 era, I cannot abide

Sterf posted:

775Mb if I remember correctly

It is indeed.

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe
Picked up my Series X from Best Buy this morning without a hitch. Setup was smooth and easy. Put a bunch of stuff in my queue before I left for work so hopefully everything will be ready when I get home.

However, I was going to go purchase AC Valhalla (against my better judgment as I usually wait for the AC games to go on sale) and the only options I have to purchase digitally are the $100 gold edition and $120 ultimate edition. What the gently caress?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Friends, 60 fps >>>>>>>>>>4k

Pobrecito posted:

Picked up my Series X from Best Buy this morning without a hitch. Setup was smooth and easy. Put a bunch of stuff in my queue before I left for work so hopefully everything will be ready when I get home.

However, I was going to go purchase AC Valhalla (against my better judgment as I usually wait for the AC games to go on sale) and the only options I have to purchase digitally are the $100 gold edition and $120 ultimate edition. What the gently caress?

Theres a bug in the store, if you go via a direct link online or search for it in the store itll come up.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Barudak posted:

Friends, 60 fps >>>>>>>>>>4k

The sooner the mainstream population understands this the better.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Lol FedEx is such poo poo. My Xbox has been sitting in Memphis since Friday. It’s due for delivery by 8pm today and still there... I’m in San Antonio.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
UPS just needs to put it on the delivery truck....

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
Walmart is selling in store. Call to make sure they have stock as brick seek is not accurate

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I just walked into Walmart and grabbed one. They said they got 24 and still has 6 left when I grabbed mine. Said they were out online so that's wrong.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Bum the Sad posted:

Lol FedEx is such poo poo. My Xbox has been sitting in Memphis since Friday. It’s due for delivery by 8pm today and still there... I’m in San Antonio.

Could be just a tracking error. This kind of stuff happens a lot with big ticket items and then COVID making things even harder with smaller crews.

It'll likely just show up on your doorstep by 8 today.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yakuza 7 is a weird melancholy I missed my life game and then you go dump used jizz kleenex's on anti-prostitution protestors

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I went into Wal Mart and they said the ones they got in store are gonna go on sale at 10am my timr on their site for in store pickup.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Must admit it was kind of weird walking into Best Buy at 7:30a for a hyped new console and there being one person there before me and nobody coming in behind me.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Back from Best Buy with my order pickup. Got it sat on my desk connected to an old TV while I start work so it can install stuff before I get it all setup in the entertainment center tonight.

First time I turned it on it just sat on the Xbox logo screen, had to reboot it before it would show the setup screen.

Edit: Pickup was no problem, told guy at the door I had an order for pickup, asks my name, in I go, another guy asks my name again at the table near the front, third guy goes off to pick up my order while second guy gives me the spiel on Gamepass and buying accessories, finally third guy returns with the box and heads to the register and just show ID and the barcode from the order pickup email. Out in under five minutes. This was 25 minutes before store opening, about five cars with people in sat in the parking lot hoping to get one then I guess.

Red Warrior fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Nov 10, 2020

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

BonoMan posted:

Could be just a tracking error. This kind of stuff happens a lot with big ticket items and then COVID making things even harder with smaller crews.

It'll likely just show up on your doorstep by 8 today.

I hope. I have the day off so it’d be nice to not worry about porch pirates.

Oh well there’s nothing I really want to play on it right now. I bought it out of tradition.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Bum the Sad posted:

I hope. I have the day off so it’d be nice to not worry about porch pirates.

Oh well there’s nothing I really want to play on it right now. I bought it out of tradition.

Tetris Effect is real good, and game pass. Planet coaster is also game pass and theres some Jedi Bullshit on gamepass

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Detective No. 27 posted:

I went into Wal Mart and they said the ones they got in store are gonna go on sale at 10am my timr on their site for in store pickup.

I imagine there are a lot of uninformed employees and there will be a lot of stores with no stock to sell in a few hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Barudak posted:

Tetris Effect is real good, and game pass. Planet coaster is also game pass and theres some Jedi Bullshit on gamepass

I have Gamepass Ultimate as well as the new AssAssIn game on my table.

Anyway I’m mostly a PC gamer but I’m really looking forward to more and more Play Anywhere games. Will be cool to pop between PC and couch and have saves transfer.