Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

sirtommygunn posted:

You're only willing to vote for your sus if you think it won't lead to a lunch?

If it's going to put him at - 2 a few hours into the day yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sandwolf posted:

yeah well who do you think is scum then?

Refresh your thread

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Retro Futurist posted:

If it's going to put him at - 2 a few hours into the day yeah

why not tho?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

I cant believe We're letting Steak continue to live.

anyway, Pmush seems to be on a bit of a tear, but im not seeing it as scum, just frustrated town.

and I have yet to see a good case on DB.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##vote db

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sandwolf posted:

why not tho?

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Lol

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Lol I wouldnt be opposed to seeing steak out. Not feeling the mush push, but wowie.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

DB or PMush or RF work for me

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sandwolf posted:

DB or PMush or RF work for me

Why, why, and why? Is this scum Sandwolf? Unsure of himself and making things up weakly?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

You’re pinging me, I’ve been clear on PMush, DB’s interaction earlier with me felt bad, he pushed me to vote and then noped out on the whole interaction.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Still angry, getting some thoughts down then probably coming back tomorrow to look at them again.

Stand by my Steak vote. Not sure if Amni is being obtuse (which is very in character) or playing it up as scum. Slightly leaning scum, I think, but IDK. What does that make the DB thing? A soft bus that got more traction than he expected? IDK, still not sure on DB myself. Cooling on my Sandwolf vote a bit, but not by much. More of an "I need to reread" kind of feel now. Liking SNG as town, still got a strong town read on Sci, null on IA and RF, and I can definitely see the OA case, wouldn't object to voting them.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
##unvote

Actually, yeah, these recent posts are making me feel better about SW, he's engaged and asking pertinent questions.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Amnistar posted:

[b]##vote Obama[/b[

Don't like how they came back into the thread, and how they jokingly dismissed my callout of them for the "so many posts".

Would also do Pmush for overexplaining their vote on Steak.

When did I jokingly dismiss you? I only have brief windows where I can post as I have a small child that currently takes up a large amount of my free time.

As for my “so many posts” post I don’t see much to defend, I read the whole lot of them as painful as it was, not sure how it’s scummy to jokingly refer to the number as many other posters itt have done

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky
I think DB is scum and has a vote parked on AA, which tends to be a scum move since who the vote gets parked on tends to also be scum.

##vote DB

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##bote pmush

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##vote pmush

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Can someone vote steak so he can spring his trap and move on already

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Retro Futurist posted:

Can someone vote steak so he can spring his trap and move on already

hey dont knock the strategy when it just nailed a 3p

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’m not really getting scummy vibes from steak but I am seeing a lot of people filing in to place weak votes on DB

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

I agree with Sandwolf that these DB votes are Sus, and am willing to switch to a DGK vote.

However, I think Steak got lucky before, and should still be the vote. stay strong PMush, Im like 80/20 on him, steak, being scum.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

To those of you in any doubt, it's pretty obvious that PMush is scum:

Drive-by cheerleading without making any proper alignment calls that he can't back out of.

PMush Perfect posted:

This is the wildest loving way for jokephase to end.

Steak is always like this, but I'm not sure I've seen him get under Bif's skin like this before.

PMush Perfect posted:

I can't believe you guys can't believe we aren't reading this multipage slap fight

PMush Perfect posted:

This is a slap fight, isn't it? Unless Steak is scum, and just being Steak, but that's a null tell. I don't think scum Bif would tilt this hard.

The most ironic post:

PMush Perfect posted:

I don't like this. It feels very drive-by in a way that deliberately avoids stating any actual opinions about the discussion.

"I read that!"

Congrats, give us your feelings on it!

When challenged on this, PMush posts the most milquetoast defence of Bif:

PMush Perfect posted:

I literally did. Null on Steak because Steak, leaning town on Bif, because I don't think Bif would fake tilting this hard.

This is scummy because it gives PMush a really easy out to vote either of these people if the wind changes.

Which is precisely what she does:

PMush Perfect posted:

Also, good morning. I’ve slept on things!

Something about Steak feels different from how he usually plays. It’s like he’s invested in being listened to, instead of just speaking what’s on his heart. There’s no chaos here. I don’t know what that means, exactly, but on D1 in an all vanilla game, I’m not liking it.

Bif, IDK, but I don’t think I’m voting her today.

Getting a hard town read on Sci right now, really liking most of those posts.

Not really many hard scum reads, but I’d probably vote DGK, Obama, Amni, or a lurker.

Preview Edit:

Oh hey, I have a scum read now.

##vote Amnistar

Gently leaning back on the null read of Steak, pushing further onto the Bif read. Voting for Amni for an incredibly dumb reason (Amni's vote for DB is actually fine and good)

PMush Perfect posted:

Actually, I can just ask, can’t I?

Steak, why are you so invested in this case?

What happened here to "Steak is always like this" and "just being Steak" and "Null on Steak because Steak". What's happening here is that PMush sees that Steak is becoming a viable target and is trying to undo the null reads she had earlier. But I don't buy the reasoning: soul reading that Steak is more invested than usual is not scumhunting, it's manufacturing a reason to vote for someone because you're afraid of appearing to bandwagon.

And then there was this:

PMush Perfect posted:

What are the odds Bif is scum and this is some kind of last-ditch play?

LITERALLY ZERO. There is no way this would be a scum play, the only reason to ask this question is because you are performatively trying to look like concerned town.

PMush Perfect posted:

For the sake of argument, I'm going to assume that Steak really did get pinged by Bif's weirdness, and it wasn't just a lucky guess. On one hand, you might think "well, would scum go that hard on someone", but a Halloween game would be the perfect time for scum to be worried about SKs. So I don't think that actually clears Steak at all.

In fact, it makes this post look way, way worse. It explains things, specifically the apparent discrepancy between "I believe my case" and "I'm willing to look elsewhere". And that storm of focused posts earlier would serve the twin goals of grinding down someone pinging him and making it way messier for town to actually scumhunt with multiple pages of white noise and chaos involved. Steak was pinging me all day yesterday, because SOMETHING felt off about his posting, and I'm pretty confident I've figured out what.

##vote Mr. Steak

I'd also vote Amni on guy, and probably DB to avoid a no-lunch.

NO. This doesn't make sense. This is PMush trying to make up a reason to push Steak, because she thinks that's the way the thread is going, but the reasoning is nonsensical. The reason it's nonsensical is because Pmush is making up a reason to vote for Steak.

And I don't think town reacts like this:

PMush Perfect posted:

And, presumably, if I hadn't explained my logic, you'd be going after me for making a drive-by vote, right? I know those catch-22 cases, Amni. I've used them, as scum. You're not slick.

PMush Perfect posted:

Or maybe I was explaining the logic on my reread and vote. If someone else jumped onto the same case they had on D1, I'd be interested to hear their logic, too.

PMush Perfect posted:

Reading comprehension is important. It doesn't mean nothing, it explains the discrepancies in Steak's behavior.

PMush Perfect posted:

JFC, Amni, I know you always think I'm scum, but at least have a real reason for it.

PMush Perfect posted:

You realize Steak ISN'T voting me, right? Dance on his strings, puppet. Dance for Scum Steak.

PMush Perfect posted:

Maybe you should listen, then. Or are you conveniently forgetting the times town told you that?

PMush Perfect posted:

Hmmm, I wonder why that might be! Could it be that you always focus on the same people? Naaaaaah.

When they have literally one (ONE!) vote on them. It betrays a persecution complex, which is a trap scum always fall into, because they are hyper-aware of votes against them.

PMush Perfect posted:

Jesus loving Christ, Amni. What am I supposed to do, ignore my suspicions because ooh someone might think it's scummy that I wanted to look into my D1 gutfeel and see if there's anything to it? Maybe I should vote someone else just to make you feel better.

##vote Sandwolf

Driveby vote on a bandwagon.

There, is that better? Are you going to stop letting Steak manipulate you now?

This is just a terrible post in every respect.

PMush Perfect posted:

Still angry, getting some thoughts down then probably coming back tomorrow to look at them again.

Stand by my Steak vote. Not sure if Amni is being obtuse (which is very in character) or playing it up as scum. Slightly leaning scum, I think, but IDK. What does that make the DB thing? A soft bus that got more traction than he expected? IDK, still not sure on DB myself. Cooling on my Sandwolf vote a bit, but not by much. More of an "I need to reread" kind of feel now. Liking SNG as town, still got a strong town read on Sci, null on IA and RF, and I can definitely see the OA case, wouldn't object to voting them.

And then finally, this feels performative: like "poo poo, I look mega-scummy in those posts, better pretend it's because I was getting cross"

##Vote Pmush

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

And for all the stuff about confirmation bias, that doesn't work if you keep posting scummy poo poo.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

sandnavyguy posted:

... I mean...

Well.

drat, maybe steak is scum and we have 2 non town solids on D1? I’m still hard pressing the steak angle but I can’t argue with a 3p survivor lunch.

Though it sucks, and I’d rather lunch steak first before he gets a candy bar and kills us all, because a survivor can Technically help town it wouldn’t be my first choice...

3p is a solid lunch. Sorry bif

##vote bif

SNG is still scum, just in case anyone is wondering.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Let’s do PMush first

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
how will the tie be broken? :allears:

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Sci, you’ve given detailed breakdowns on everyone else, I’m feeling left out :v:

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Mr. Steak posted:

how will the tie be broken? :allears:

By lunching you and sci. And DGK for good measure

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

sandnavyguy posted:

Sci, you’ve given detailed breakdowns on everyone else, I’m feeling left out :v:

I'm absolutely happy to do that, but I am puzzled by your assertion that I have done a detailed breakdown on "everyone else"... As far as I remember, I've only done what I would consider to be a proper case on one person...

I am in the middle of a call, and I'm very bored, so I'll see what I can do on your posts when it's not obvious that I'm not concentrating on UAT.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Yeah I think PMush is a more solid lunch than DB today.

Not sure what SNGs case on sci is other than the same spurious D1 meta crap

##vote PMush

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

I feel like STG is getting an easy pass right now as well, has barely posted recently, I can see newbie scum trying to avoid attracting attention by lurking and just hoping to make it to the next night

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

OK, so I'm not going to focus on SNG's awkward jokes, because that is null for him: he is always mega-awkward to me when the game starts.

However:

sandnavyguy posted:

Steaks posting chaotic as per usual, but I’ve been wrong about them four games in a row, so obviously I will concede to my betters for their steak-Dar. But not quite yet.

sandnavyguy posted:

##vote Steak
Steak is acting chaotic as per usual, and would normally be a null vote but the early and more direct cuts of their hyperbole seems... not as performative laissez faire as his usual townie self, generally they are more scattershot and less ready to tango with an attcker this early, instead continuing to provoke at near random. Here though, they seem ready to lock horns with bif and lay out structured rhetoric.

more importantly, my gut is telling me this isnt bussing or a town slapfight, and of the two Im leaning on Steak for scum.

This is when SNG manufactured his reason for voting Steak. Starts off calling Steak's posting style null, which it is, and his reasoning is faked: he originally states that Steak is playing his usual chaotic game, then moves to accuse him of being scummy for being too focused. It's just fundamentally a silly reason to vote for someone, but it also comes off the back of the thread generally moving towards a bif/steak dichotomy.

Now that BIf has flipped, we can view SNG's vote for Steak in the light of scum players knowing at this point that Bif was not on their team. I think Steak is town, I'm pretty sure SNG is scum, and I think he picked Steak so that he would perpetuate the dichtomy rather than taking the riskier strategy of voting for Bif.

He doubles down on this later:

sandnavyguy posted:

I could buy you feeling they are acting townish, but this most definitely is not their normal D1 post style as Town and I'm not sure why you're pretending it is?

I genuinely can't see any difference between Steak's play in other games vs. this game. Steak's posting looks like scum-hunting to me, I don't see this posting as scum play in D1.

Then there's the softpush OMGUS, which is lovely.

sandnavyguy posted:

currentscum reads are: Steak Sci and sorta-kinda DGK

Of course, because I disagree with SNG, I must be scum. But of course, SNG is shy of being accused of OMGUSing, so he just sort of drops my name, rather than actually pointing out in any way why he thinks I'm scum, or putting a vote on me.

He continues in this vein:

sandnavyguy posted:

see, heres the thing.

When I was scum in Horus, I made your *exact* argument based on the bif/Hambeet fight. I believe you and Amni immediately pounced on me for it, and you were right.

I said they seemed to be both town having a town fight, and scum was watching and egging on.

And I think you're trying to get away with something similar.

it wasn't omgus that led to my suspicion of you right now, its just the similarity of scum me and presumably your current scum play.

More softpushing me as scum, this time because of something he has done in a previous game. Again, here calling me scum, but not actually voting for me or giving a credible reason for it.

And again, he gives himself SO MUCH room to back out of his calls:

sandnavyguy posted:

none of this changes the fact I currently still find steak more of a target rn, because if sci is scum then they are definitely trying to protect a scumbro,

and if sci is town, well then they are just wrong and I *still* think steak is scum.

Thinking Steak is scum is like the easiest possible stance to take imaginable, and his reason at this stage is still "Steak is being focused" which is a terrible reason to tunnel for this long.

And in fact, SNG begins backing off just as the impetus begins moving off Steak:

sandnavyguy posted:

I’m watching for steak reactions and they aren’t jumping at me the way I thought they would as scum.
Hmmmm. Still not convinced tho.

DGK is pinging me, I thought it was an initial Sand bus but Sand just not playing along well enough for me to see him as being complicit.

Steak/DGK and Sci, maybe AA but I’m not quite sure. No clue of their meta, but I’m getting some scummy vibes from their recent reactions to light pressure with that small vote.

Look how he gives himself room to back off his ludicrously thinly formed opinion here. He thinks Steak is scum for being "too focused" and starts thinking off backing off because of "reactions".

Then Bif claims, and SNG does a ridiculously performative vote. Look at it:

sandnavyguy posted:

... I mean...

Well.

drat, maybe steak is scum and we have 2 non town solids on D1? I’m still hard pressing the steak angle but I can’t argue with a 3p survivor lunch.

Though it sucks, and I’d rather lunch steak first before he gets a candy bar and kills us all, because a survivor can Technically help town it wouldn’t be my first choice...

3p is a solid lunch. Sorry bif

##vote bif

Just awful. Seriously, he can't just vote for the claimed 3P, he is so conscious of appearances that he can't resist posting an over-explained vote.

AND he's setting the game up for executing Steak anyway today. Which he proceeds to do:

sandnavyguy posted:

New day, same reads, a 3p lunch doesn’t really help or hinder anything from the votes or the way it’s played out, except maybe some suspicion on early votes on bif pre-3p announcement.

Including, oh look, ##vote steak

Reasons the same as before D1 Lunch.

Also willing atm to switch to Sci or DGK, same as D1

PMush isn’t ringing alarm bells like they did post MorteM in the last game we played in hindsight, And is reading null to me. I’m not liking the three vote immediate combo post D2 opening

Sandwolf seems to be asking a lot of questions to multiple people, seems close to his town play.

AA is null-ish. I’ll reread.

Obama is a bit sus, just a gut feeling though

RF is kinda lurkingish? I dunno. I think my Watson might be rogue

STG seems null/town to me

I don’t see DB acting scummy the way y’all apparently do, null/town seemingly to me.

:siren: REASONS THE SAME AS BEFORE D1 LUNCH :siren:

Whole lot of nothing in this post that isn't actually scumhunting.

In fact, my last sentence there sums up SNG's posts quite neatly: he's posting a lot of things that superficially look like he's scumhunting, but really, really what is he adding? Tunneling on Steak (the easiest of easy targets) for loving terrible reasons and softpushing and null reading loads of players. There is nothing useful in these posts, and he is hedging and giving himself room to back out of those very few calls he does make.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Yeah I think PMush is a more solid lunch than DB today.

Not sure what SNGs case on sci is other than the same spurious D1 meta crap

##vote PMush

My case *is* spurious D1 meta crap. but unlike steak usually sci is more surgical and well... verbose with their arguments, which I find odd here. Though He did just say he's distracted so that could explain it.

crap or no, Its enough to make me suspicious, about 2 levels below steak, and a level above DGK.

As for STG, they are definitely lurking, but as newbie scum I tended to want to be an active player, so I'm biased to think they are hesitant town.

I think a Pmush or a DB lunch is a mistake.

Pmush because they dont seem that scummy to me,

DB because the cases are crappier than mine on Sci.

Vote Steak for a better tomorrow. or DGK.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
I'd vote dgk. Dont think they are offering real opinions.

DGK2000 posted:

I think DB is scum and has a vote parked on AA, which tends to be a scum move since who the vote gets parked on tends to also be scum.

##vote DB

Looks fake, and they're shading me as well lol.

Called out sandwolf for calling mush snipey with ironicat, ironically

Next in game post is vote on bif.

Then a quote of redhammer.

They are coasting scum imo, jumping where convenient and really staying hidden.

##vote dgk

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Hey you know what you call staying locked on a likely target that everyone suddenly decides is no longer viable because of someone randomly diming themselves out as 3p? Tunneling apparently.

Anyway, Youre wrong sci, start hunting down another path, or youll lead town to a mislunch.

Im sorry Im zeroed in on your scumbro.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

actually, for someone so sure I'm scum, you certainly don't want to vote me apparently.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

sandnavyguy posted:

actually, for someone so sure I'm scum, you certainly don't want to vote me apparently.

Well yes, because I am more confident that someone else is scum. I know you read my case against PMush, why are you acting like you didn’t?

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

sandnavyguy posted:

Hey you know what you call staying locked on a likely target that everyone suddenly decides is no longer viable because of someone randomly diming themselves out as 3p? Tunneling apparently.

It’s tunnelling because you have no case, you’ve just decided you can get Steak executed.

Please lay it out for me, because if you really think Steak is scum, you should be trying to persuade other people of your point of view: I am agog to hear what you have to say, because at the moment it just looks like “he posted weird on D1, but not weird like normal, weird like something else, and that something else is scummy”, which is very much not a persuasive case.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Scientastic posted:

Well yes, because I am more confident that someone else is scum. I know you read my case against PMush, why are you acting like you didn’t?

I did, I just think that you’re wrong on all three counts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
I know there are "fights" going on... but does no one else see dgk as gross this game?