Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

bobby2times posted:

Is there a release day embargo for reviews on Demon Souls? Weird that Miles Morales has been reviewed already and not Demon Souls.

Review copies were supposedly sent out two days ago, with the embargo lifting on 11/11. That's not a whole lot of time to play through the game and write a review, but the timing makes sense when you consider the slow drip that Sony has been putting out. After the unboxing stuff Astro got a lot of buzz and positive attention based on the future promise of the DS, then Miles Morales gets its time in the spotlight along with good back compat news, and then we have Demon's Souls the day before launch to close out the pre release hype.

There are only so many reasons to get a PS5 right now, and you don't want to overshadow any of them as you prepare for launch. Not that Sony is going to have a hard time selling these.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Waltzing Along posted:

So...based on the xbox/target it looks like 1:30 am your stores time is about when they will go up Weds nite/Thurs morning. Assuming things stay consistent.

And unless they change something in two days, Target's site is not well suited to handling in-store pickup with low quantities / high demand. Enjoy getting kicked out of the checkout process every few seconds as the site ricochets you around between 10 different local stores as the handful of consoles they have sell out.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Twibbit posted:

Q2 rtx can be set to have a day and night cycle or even just match your pcs time. The outdoor maps feel so weird at night

:eyepop: thats cool, almost makes Q2 worth playing.

give me quake 1 raytracing you cowards.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Vikar Jerome posted:

:eyepop: thats cool, almost makes Q2 worth playing.

give me quake 1 raytracing you cowards.

Here you go, my dude: https://forums.pcgamer.com/threads/quake-1-directx-raytracing.7218/

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

il serpente cosmico posted:

My oh my, the reddit pre-order shipping thread is quite the pit of anxiety.

the entire PS5 subreddit is just insufferable

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
GAME plz take my money

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

So...based on the xbox/target it looks like 1:30 am your stores time is about when they will go up Weds nite/Thurs morning. Assuming things stay consistent.

Online retail stores anyways were a huge mess tonight for selling xbox. Many just did not have any, gamestop was a overpriced bundle only, and Newegg screwed up and ended up not having it for sale. Hoping Target or Sonys website will pull through for me on Wednesday night.

caldrax
Jan 21, 2001

i learned it from watching you

Eat My Ghastly rear end posted:

the entire PS5 subreddit is just insufferable

You think that's bad? Check out the PS5 Facebook group.

Oh boy it's a swarm of idiots.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Rad Valtar posted:

I want to thank Vikar for alerting me to Exophase. I now live in shame knowing how much I play some games.

if it makes you feel better, i think some of it might be bugged. i've only been through tlou2 once and that survivor save file says 41 hours but exophase is claming 104 hours lol. tho that might also be leaving it paused or dying or something. then again, that doesnt explain resident evil 2's 6min full completion time. also it wont take my gog info but it will take everything else and retroachievements for emulators, so thats cool i guess.

but i do like how you can get a sick gamercard to fit with the forum signatures.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
amd pehnom II
8gb ram
monitor turned on
graphics card rx380ti megaton edition
a mouse
[URL=https://www.exophase.com/user

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Nov 13, 2020

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

caldrax posted:

You think that's bad? Check out the PS5 Facebook group.

Oh boy it's a swarm of idiots.

Ooh goodness yeah. People are just a mess over this thing. I really want one but im also not going to be broken up about it either if I wait awhile.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

well thats cool at least, but it that just looks like like the cleaners have been in and havent let the floor dry. i guess i expecting q2 levels but it is alpha i guess.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Vikar Jerome posted:

well thats cool at least, but it that just looks like like the cleaners have been in and havent let the floor dry. i guess i expecting q2 levels but it is alpha i guess.

Yeah that's a user project, so it's very much a work in progress. But it will be cool to see RT get implemented in old games by users and for re-releases. A ray-traced Thief or System Shock 2 project could be so cool.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

il serpente cosmico posted:

Yeah that's a user project, so it's very much a work in progress. But it will be cool to see RT get implemented in old games by users and for re-releases. A ray-traced Thief or System Shock 2 project could be so cool.

that would be cool.

what about the ones they use in emulators tho, like breath of the wild?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4UHrM0LzYo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9uSKq20QGM

cos it looks pretty good imo but it is real or just faked with reshade or something?

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

Amazon Australia is now posting dates. 13-16th expected delivery. Hoping for 13th since I am pretty close to Sydney

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Raged posted:

Amazon Australia is now posting dates. 13-16th expected delivery. Hoping for 13th since I am pretty close to Sydney

Same dates for me in Melbourne. Already having the series X will make it easier to be patient.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Tired: PS5 game prices were going to be even higher

Wired: PS5 was going to be even bigger

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

some dude at resetera got their ps5 early so, watch out americas. tho they say they cant connect to psn to download their games yet. #physicalphysicalgottastayphysical

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

What’s this ps5 remote play app on my os4 dashboard all about?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Blind Rasputin posted:

What’s this ps5 remote play app on my os4 dashboard all about?

it lets you connect to your ps5 thats sitting the warehouse, so you can play demon's souls while its riding about the in van.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
Played the first hour of Assassin's Creed Valhalla. Seems cool so far but I'm going to save the rest for the PS5 version. Any chance the saves will be compatible?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

so, it will fit fine in your units i guess.

stolen from resetera from early getter

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

hope no one ordered a console from amazon. xboxs are getting their consoles delayed by them in both usa and uk, people getting emails today. some are not getting theirs till saturday. some in germany are even getting their consoles cancelled.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Nov 10, 2020

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Vikar Jerome posted:

Now that's a ps5 friendly aesthetic.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Vikar Jerome posted:

Holy moly a decent living room setup! (Apart from the chair on the right. It seems like a weird place to put a chair.)

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

VideoGames posted:

Holy moly a decent living room setup! (Apart from the chair on the right. It seems like a weird place to put a chair.)
Well it's a fine place for a chair during a party

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

VideoGames posted:

That's the chair of shame where you have to sit if you die in a game and pass the controller.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

JordanKai posted:

That's the chair of shame where you have to sit if you die in a game and pass the controller.
this is also a reasonable excuse for chair location

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

VideoGames posted:

they have a cool thread over there about posting gaming setups/collections, lot of people posting new consoles and such now, but its usually giving out tips/ideas for setups and living room arrangements, tho it does sometimes get a bit show offy with the super rich but i was pondering stealing that idea for a chiller thread here in maybe retro or games but i dunno if most goons are into that kinda thing tbh lol.

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

Not sure if it's just the perspective the photo is taken from but I'd hate to sit that far away from my TV. I sit like 6-7ft away from my 77 inch TV.

anothergod
Apr 11, 2016

The raytracing into your own living room is amazing

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

bowmore posted:

Well it's a fine place for a chair during a party

Ah parties - I did not think about that, I just kept imagining how tough it would be to sit there and twist and turn to look at the tv screen, or repetitive to keep moving it around the room whenever anyone wanted to sit on it and watch the telly.

Or how it would distract me if it were just me watching the TV and could see an empty chair right next to the screen.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcUtEQ_zFnI

14 seconds to load bloodborne.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Having a PS5 pre-ordered for myself, but going back in on launch day to try and get one for my nephew by Christmas is like casting Second Chance before a boss battle in Demons Souls.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

uhhhhhh... so in addition to that ps3 tab in the game library on ps5, the loving store is now listing ps3 games with their own cost. some are 7.99, others 4.99 but it still lists psnow. the psnow price is 8.99 too, so its not that. are they gonna let you buy solo streaming games? lol. if so, then i wonder if that other rumour was true, about putting old discs in the ps5 and you can play... the streaming version. :barf:

https://twitter.com/bojanglez/status/1325934400027185159

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:D

My hope would be they figured out a way to download ps3 games to the ps5, I doubt it of course, but I just want to hope.:(

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

So is this implying you might be able to purchase individual psnow titles outside of a subscription?

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Hmm can I play Max Payne 3 now ?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

John Wick of Dogs posted:

So is this implying you might be able to purchase individual psnow titles outside of a subscription?

yes, but there was a rumour awhile ago that ps1-3 bc would be handled by streaming via psnow and putting your disc in hte ps5 would give you access to that but only be able to play it via streaming, at least for ps3. they have working ps1/2 emulators so...

bows1 posted:

Hmm can I play Max Payne 3 now ?

no. unless they add it to psnow or do the disc thing without it being on the service

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
GAME is maximally trolling now, they've set all their console bundles to show a big inviting "PRE-ORDER" button instead of "out of stock", and the product page even says pre-order instead of out of stock too, so you now have to click through a second time to learn they are in fact still all out of stock.

Smyths are being a lot more straightforward, and have a note saying there'll be stock in on the 19th, so, hooray dice rolling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So I wanted to ask, I have PT downloaded on my PS4. I forget, can people who own PT still redownload it? Like if I were to sell off my PS4 at some point, and them someday buy on again to play PT, would that work at all?