Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Wait

There's only 6 characters still????

Lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Simone Magus posted:

Wait

There's only 6 characters still????

Lmfao
Don't worry they're adding two characters soon and they're both Hawkeye.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Don't worry they're adding two characters soon and they're both Hawkeye.

As much as I give this game (too much) credit, this decision is loving inexplicable

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

They're also taking care of the lack of new content by adding a Cloning Lab run by AIM.

I'd make a joke about it or exaggerate it in some way, but no. That's actually what you have to look forward to.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Can someone explain why when I’m joining a friends game my damage goes to utter poo poo? My gear stats go down into the 200’s and I do like 10 points of damage per hit with black widows guns. I figure the game would try damage scale but it’s WAAAAY underneath what his is.

Is this a known bug

Edit: I should state that here and there my damage does to normal and I do good. Then it will just delevel the stats again.

The Black Stones fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Nov 9, 2020

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

The Black Stones posted:

Can someone explain why when I’m joining a friends game my damage goes to utter poo poo? My gear stats go down into the 200’s and I do like 10 points of damage per hit with black widows guns. I figure the game would try damage scale but it’s WAAAAY underneath what his is.

Is this a known bug

Edit: I should state that here and there my damage does to normal and I do good. Then it will just delevel the stats again.

To slow you down so you play the game longer?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

RatHat posted:

Yeah that’s why I played this for so long, but there’s a limit. ME3 multiplayer had regular updates with new characters and factions at least. Hopefully the remastered collection includes it.

I would lose my mind but the announcement went out of its way to say "single player" so I'm not too hopeful

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

IcePhoenix posted:

I would lose my mind but the announcement went out of its way to say "single player" so I'm not too hopeful

They've said it's shipping without the multiplayer, but that could just be so that when they add the multi back in people don't notice a much, much more predatory cash shop than before

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

The Black Stones posted:

Is this a known bug

Probably a bug related to scaling. Going back to the quinnjet and relauching the mission clears it but it seems like it can happen when you join others in multiplayer. Defense stats also get royally screwed up too so one hit from anything will likely down the player in this state.

edit: its been reported by a few people on reddit, but iirc there have not been any response from CD about when a fix is coming for it.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
I got this fairly soon after release and played and loved the campaign, played a tiny bit of endgame stuff and bounced off it pretty hard, but was expecting to come back after some extras had been released.

Has anything extra been released? It feels like forever ago I played through this, to the point it sort of feels like, why would they release anything extra now? Surely everyone stopped playing already? How is what's in the game supposed to sustain a player base, I don't get it?

And yeah, the fact that the first release is Hawkeye and Hawkeye is loving bizarre. All I can imagine is they thought they could reuse code? I think if they just sold it as Clint Barton, (the missing MCU og avenger), and then Kate Bishop was a surprise bonus that they hadn't mentioned and she was actually totally different, it would feel a lot better. I suppose it's just optics.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Basically seems like it's a combination of multiple things. They delayed some amount of the post release stuff that was probably mostly done cause of the amount of bug fixes, quality of life issues and reworks they had to scramble to implement in the window after the release. That stuff was probably "done" but just as shaky quality wise anyway because the games spit and polish period was right in the middle of the covid lockdown plus the game obviously had a shaky development in general.

Now it's come out that the game sold nowhere near what they were expecting and so there's probably a genuine conversation being had about if they can cut it loose or if they should keep investing development time and budget into it. I expect the Hawkeyes to come out and the Spiderman playable character next year cause that might be a contractually obligated thing or they spent x amount on it and can't justify not putting it out but everything else might just get dropped.

Like they'll never get to "launch" again and get that initial buzz which they were hoping would sustain interest and get say 5% of the playerbase to buy costumes and battle passes and stuff so it's very hard to imagine being able to convince Square to keep chucking money at it. Maybe if those next gen upgrades had been ready they'd have been able to capitalize on the next gen console players being hungry for stuff to play but there's enough decent games coming out that even that's hard to imagine.

This is one of those games where I've love to hear some behind the scenes, very candid stuff about what it was like working on it. Cause surely there were people saying "this has nowhere near enough content or variety to sustain the sort of playerbase we apparently expect/want?" and did they just get entirely ignored or what.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I think one of their biggest mistakes was allowing people to play it without preordering, especially for multiple weekends. If you have a good product, that can get people to buy in, sure. If you have Marvel's Avengers, you don't loving let anybody play without paying up front. Sponsor some streamers to play, let suckers get baited by them, collect those impulse buy preorders and take that money and run.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
It felt to me (especially seeing the credits at the start) that it's a case of too many cooks. The game isn't really a single player, or a GAAS game, it doesn't really have an in game currency, it isn't really multiplayer, it's just sort of some of all of those things. I'm not surprised it's not any one of them done well.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/PlayAvengers/status/1326242396590362625

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
is the and more new characters lol

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Soonmot posted:

is the and more new characters lol

No, and the exp % is 5% for quick match and 10% for quick match with any hero, so sweet dick all.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Pretty sure this game actively hates the PS4 Pro, too. Random and long lags, sometimes even when you exit the game and are on the home screen. Tried to close the application a couple of times and it just kinda went "Ummmm.... nope."

It was nice to install AC Valhalla and it, you know, plays like a finished game so far.

Also I hate playing Hulk. Forever.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

it’s absolutely wild what a dumpster fire this thing has been. takes you back to the good old days of Superman 64 with a studio just dumping years of devtime and millions of dollars and marketing into just a total piece of poo poo that barely holds together when you’re playing it and nobody cares about at all

actually it’s kind of worse than Superman 64 if you think about it, because it’s 2020 and I’m posting about that game, whereas I had completely forgotten this game existed like two months after release

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

a mysterious cloak posted:

Also I hate playing Hulk. Forever.

same. I die more often as Hulk because he just gets hit by everything and he's so big he physically blocks attacks I would normally dodge on another character. His "special ability" to regen health through dealing damage loving sucks too

P.S Hulk Ultimate Destruction for the PS2/Gamecube has superior controls lmao

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

:same:

You've got to attack to build rage, meanwhile you're getting gangbanged by any attack vaguely in your area. I haven't even finished his HARM stuff because I hate it so much.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

I don’t get how y’all are dying so much as hulk. His rushing attack and his takedowns are pretty much full regens. The rage trigger can be used if you just want to stand in one spot and eat elite attacks while pounding a dude I guess but I don’t use it much at all. I don’t even really dodge anything that isn’t a huge telegraphed swing or a big red circle on the ground. And I’ve only ever been downed once in a mega hive and that’s because the pizza guy called and I mistakenly thought I hit pause.

The key for hulk is to play him like he’s the hulk. Anything stupid enough to get close to you should be stunned or knocked in the air or punted over the horizon unless you feel like picking them up and beating other dudes to death with them. Just never stop smashing and you’ll be good

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Yeah but it takes time to get there. I felt the same way until I got his skills sorted and some solid gear.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Mandrel posted:

it’s absolutely wild what a dumpster fire this thing has been. takes you back to the good old days of Superman 64 with a studio just dumping years of devtime and millions of dollars and marketing into just a total piece of poo poo that barely holds together when you’re playing it and nobody cares about at all

actually it’s kind of worse than Superman 64 if you think about it, because it’s 2020 and I’m posting about that game, whereas I had completely forgotten this game existed like two months after release

Honestly I’d be less dissapointed if it was Superman 64 level awful. There’s most of a good game here and it makes the fact it can’t get that last twenty percent that it needs to really kick rear end to come together really frustrating.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I went over to a mates place and he was playing a super hero game with his mates on PS4. All I saw was a lobby with four Marvel Superheros standing there. I thought it was this game but I swear one of the characters was Wolverine and Wolverine doesn't appear to be in this game. Was it this or something else?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Looten Plunder posted:

I went over to a mates place and he was playing a super hero game with his mates on PS4. All I saw was a lobby with four Marvel Superheros standing there. I thought it was this game but I swear one of the characters was Wolverine and Wolverine doesn't appear to be in this game. Was it this or something else?

Nope it was probably ultimate alliance 3

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
He only has PS3/4 though. That game appears to only be on Switch. (but thanks for confirming it wasn't this)

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Looten Plunder posted:

He only has PS3/4 though. That game appears to only be on Switch. (but thanks for confirming it wasn't this)

unless they looked like legos i got nothing

Namaer
Jun 6, 2004

There's a Wolverine skin in Fortnite now, could've been that.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Looten Plunder posted:

could have been Ultimate Alliance 1 or 2 I suppose

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Looten Plunder posted:

Ask your friend

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

ketchup vs catsup posted:

Ask your friend

Don't rob us of this. This is the most interesting thing to happen in this thread for weeks

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Good Citizen posted:

Don't rob us of this. This is the most interesting thing to happen in this thread for weeks

Namaer posted:

There's a Wolverine skin in Fortnite now, could've been that.

It's this, 100% this. Fortnight is one of the only things he plays.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Fartnight better than Marginal Avengers: Discuss

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
I can't be loving ghost rider and wolverine shooting and killing banana men in this so Fortnite wins by tko

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I'm curious how the cost/sales breakdown of this game works out vs Ultimate Alliance 3, which didn't sell quite as many copies but also probably didn't cost as much, despite having a lot more actual content.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I remember during the beta when I said besides Modok we had seen all of the enemies that would be in the game. People thought I was being dumb.

lol

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

OnimaruXLR posted:

I'm curious how the cost/sales breakdown of this game works out vs Ultimate Alliance 3, which didn't sell quite as many copies but also probably didn't cost as much, despite having a lot more actual content.

Having no idea what kind of numbers Ultimate Alliance 3 did, I have to imagine if it wasn’t profitable it at least wasn’t near as much of a loss as this game. It can’t have cost much to make, and probably requires next to nothing to maintain. Whereas this cost a fortune, millions in marketing, years of development time, and is basically still in development with the kind of support it’s requiring

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
None of this would be a problem if Marvel Heroes was still around

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

a mysterious cloak posted:

Fartnight better than Marginal Avengers: Discuss

this 100% unironically

here's a list of all the marvel skins (might be some missing too) you can play as: https://skin-tracker.com/fortnite/outfits?rarity=marvel

some skins also transform, like Jennifer Walters can emote and transform into She-Hulk, Tony can transform into nano-suit Iron Man. Mystique can emote after killing someone and take on their appearance. They also have mounts like Silver Surfer's board, ghost riders bike etc

During games you can also get She-Hulks fists and leap and smash stuff, Wolverines claws and slash stuff, Iron Man's repulsor beams and uni-beam and hover n poo poo, Doctor Doom's magic gauntlets

Meanwhile Marvels Avengers has 6 characters that don't even really look or sound right lol

How does loving forknife do marvel better than the actual marvel avengers game lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Well for one thing Fortnite isn’t a Marvel game and secondly Epic has more money than god.