Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
so does man and woman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
bill "not the momma" barr back at it acting totally independently and not just doing his insane master's bidding at all

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/09/politics/william-barr-voting-irregularities/index.html

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

President Beep posted:

bill "not the momma" barr back at it acting totally independently and not just doing his insane master's bidding at all

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/09/politics/william-barr-voting-irregularities/index.html

man, they're gonna have a tough time replacing that guy, not many lawyers looking for work in dc

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

President Beep posted:

Remember when we all though jeff "totally not a racist" sessions was the worst person in that position? lol

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

barr can’t possibly be dumb enough not to know he’s out of a job in 2 months no matter what he does, why is he even bothering. it’s not like when sessions acted vaguely professionally once and got shitcanned a year or so into trump’s term

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
what if, somehow, that ridiculous orange idiot pulls it off and remains president? then you'd want to be in his good books for as long as it takes for him to tire of you and decide to run you out

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

jesus WEP posted:

barr can’t possibly be dumb enough not to know he’s out of a job in 2 months no matter what he does, why is he even bothering. it’s not like when sessions acted vaguely professionally once and got shitcanned a year or so into trump’s term

These people have gotten what they wanted out of Trump (a stacked judiciary) so normally I'd agree with you, but these people absolutely thrive on petty displays of power and I can see people like Barr, Trump, or McConnell finding some blatantly illegal way to stay in power as a 'gently caress you' to their ideological enemies.

The fact that 40% of America right now is clamoring for their government to dispose of the pretense of fair and democratic elections so they can gloat at people they don't like for a while is a good sign the American experiment is over, anyway.

https://twitter.com/VicBergerIV/status/1323527158816333824

It is deeply hosed up and insane that the son of a sitting president is getting up in front of a campaign rally to tell his father's supporters to vote tomorrow to "make liberals cry again." Deeply hosed up and insane.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

why? if he runs you out you’ll probably be fine and you won’t have to work there anymore

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

infernal machines posted:

what if, somehow, that ridiculous orange idiot pulls it off and remains president? then you'd want to be in his good books for as long as it takes for him to tire of you and decide to run you out
again, barr can't possibly be dumb enough to think that's a thing that will happen. especially with the gop at large starting Operation It Was A 4 Year Gas Leak

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
imagine being in that family. fred senior was garbage, donald is garbage, and eric, dong jr. and ivanka are garbage.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

that typo was an accident but it stays :colbert:

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

lol. the "aww" at the end

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

jared kushner looks like the weasely villain in every kids movie about a boarding school

Apr 7, 2003

President Beep posted:

imagine being in that family. fred senior was garbage, donald is garbage, and eric, dong jr. and ivanka are garbage.

Seventy million people heard him speak and said, "yeah, this guy has killed over 240,000 Americans, but it's more important to me that we make liberals cry."

You can't function as a cohesive nation when a third of it has no higher aspiration than spite. That is the problem. The Trumps are a symptom.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

jesus WEP posted:

jared kushner looks like the weasely villain in every kids movie about a boarding school

:aaa:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

hating the libs is like the one thing i can agree with chuds on

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

https://twitter.com/CBSWalsh/status/1325892122680176640

Apr 7, 2003

jesus WEP posted:

again, barr can't possibly be dumb enough to think that's a thing that will happen. especially with the gop at large starting Operation It Was A 4 Year Gas Leak

The law doesn't matter if the people in charge don't care to enforce it.

The joint chiefs of staff (military guys) already said that they have no part in deciding an election, and Trump fired the Secretary of Defense yesterday and replaced him with a shady loyalist.

There's really nothing to keep Barr, Trump, McConnell, et al from saying "this election is clearly illegal and we need to take power to prevent America from falling into the hands of the left wing mob and BLM" and ordering the military to crack down when civil unrest happens, except for a desire to maintain the illusion of a democratic country, and 100 million people would easily accept that excuse right out the door.

Laws do not matter if the people in power don't want to enforce them.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Nov 10, 2020

Apr 7, 2003

fart simpson posted:

hating the libs is like the one thing i can agree with chuds on

"The libs" to them include you, me, and anyone left of Reagan.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

lmao. i also like how once he approached the doors he was like "welp, time to take my mask off."

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
trying something out tell me what u think

scamerica

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

damnerica

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
none of the lower-level people are gonna do poo poo because they all want to be able to get jobs when this whole thing is over. arguably the only reason some of the GOP leaders are going along with it is so they can try and restrict voting rights even further over the next four years, and probably to keep enthusiasm up going into the georgia runoff elections.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

bump_fn posted:

trying something out tell me what u think

scamerica

easy there banksy

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

stop letting donald trump live rent-free in your head

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

:tizzy:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
reminder that the barrs epsteins and trumps are all part of a multigenerational pedo mob ring

barr was groomed by his father to continue his work, protecting the pedophile mob network

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

graph posted:

reminder that the barrs epsteins and trumps are all part of a multigenerational pedo mob ring

barr was groomed by his father to continue his work, protecting the pedophile mob network

wow! this guy seems bad!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

graph posted:

wow these epstein barrs sound even worse than your mom’s

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

the republicans are doing the right wing version of performative wokeness [again, they are entirely incapable of accusing anyone of anything they aren't already doing], they know they've lost but the appearance that they're still fighting for the people who support them makes it at least look like they're on their side rather than letting it slip that they view those 70 million people as useful idiots and don't give a single poo poo about any of them who aren't in the old boy club which, to graph's point, is the worst goddamn people in the whole world. the democrats, on the other hand, are whining that the republicans are too mean which I'm sure will do wonders for their reputation as feckless cowards

half of these idiots are going to end up pundits on conservative media and this is their public interview period

Apr 7, 2003

qirex posted:

the republicans are doing the right wing version of performative wokeness [again, they are entirely incapable of accusing anyone of anything they aren't already doing], they know they've lost but the appearance that they're still fighting for the people who support them makes it at least look like they're on their side rather than letting it slip that they view those 70 million people as useful idiots and don't give a single poo poo about any of them who aren't in the old boy club which, to graph's point, is the worst goddamn people in the whole world. the democrats, on the other hand, are whining that the republicans are too mean which I'm sure will do wonders for their reputation as feckless cowards

half of these idiots are going to end up pundits on conservative media and this is their public interview period

The problem is that those 70 million people have minds of their own, are armed, and may not be so inclined to calm down once the GOP tells them to.

Especially since Trump will absolutely be pouring gas on that fire.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

The problem is that those 70 million people have minds of their own, are armed, and may not be so inclined to calm down once the GOP tells them to.

Especially since Trump will absolutely be pouring gas on that fire.

theyre pussies, op. they're literally doing the "dude if my buddy wasnt holding me back id fuckin kick your rear end" posturing bit.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

PIZZA.BAT posted:

uhh

it's not an even 5% distribution across all professions and education attainment

turns out i was drunkposting and literally thought you said literate when you said illeterate. so yep, apologies for that!

i’m the rear end in a top hat no more to see here!

Apr 7, 2003

kitten emergency posted:

theyre pussies, op. they're literally doing the "dude if my buddy wasnt holding me back id fuckin kick your rear end" posturing bit.

Most of them, but there's been enough political violence over the past four years to discount everyone.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

turns out i was drunkposting and literally thought you said literate when you said illeterate. so yep, apologies for that!

i’m the rear end in a top hat no more to see here!

you're also confusing who said what because that's the first point i was even involved in the conversation :haw:

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Most of them, but there's been enough political violence over the past four years to discount everyone.

if your threshold is 'greater than 0 amounts of political violence is bad' then yes, i'd agree that it's not great.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

as an aside it seems that the ACA arguments are going extremely poorly for the administration because it turns out you can't just calvinball the courts

Apr 7, 2003

kitten emergency posted:

as an aside it seems that the ACA arguments are going extremely poorly for the administration because it turns out you can't just calvinball the courts

:yooge: Very disloyal courts! Sad!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

:monocle:

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-pfizer-covid-19-vaccine-conspiracy-theory-delay-election-day-2020-11

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

The problem is that those 70 million people have minds of their own,

Do they really though

Like you've made the point again and again and again that the Republican machine is this hierarchical top-down messaging and they just quote whatever points are on breitbart that day. Without their guy in the white house, the top of their command structure goes back to being people like Rush Limbaugh, and while that's not great, no one's seriously worried that Rush is going to incite a civil war

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Nov 10, 2020