Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Scientastic posted:

It’s tunnelling because you have no case, you’ve just decided you can get Steak executed.

Please lay it out for me, because if you really think Steak is scum, you should be trying to persuade other people of your point of view: I am agog to hear what you have to say, because at the moment it just looks like “he posted weird on D1, but not weird like normal, weird like something else, and that something else is scummy”, which is very much not a persuasive case.

I made my case, you just don’t like it. Fair enough, but I do.

And I have tried persuading, but no one apparently wishes to discuss it now and have moved on. Which is why I posted those “lacking content thin posts”, you know, so that people can see my position on them? Which for the most part is meh? I already have my three solid guesses. You and steak are two of them, then DGK behind that.

Until we get some night action bingo I feel we are spinning our wheels as if it were a quasi day 1, and then we can all bring up new takes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

What I find interesting about this is that it is independent of my read of Steak: I think he's townie, but even if I didn't, SNG's case against him is scummy. Because it's not based on really thinking Steak is scum, it's based on latching onto something nebulous, asserting that it's scummy, and hanging a vote on that assertion. There is no case as far as I can see, it is just that SNG wants to pretend he's scumhunting and thinks this is the way to do it.

But it's not: scumhunting involves finding evidence of scummy behaviour and pointing it out, prosecuting a case and persuading others that you're right. What SNG is doing is like cargo cult mafia, going through the motions, creating a narrative, but not actually pointing to any real evidence to fit that narrative, and hoping that the mere assertion "Steak is being too focused" is enough for him to ride out the day and not do anything pro-town.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

sandnavyguy posted:

I made my case, you just don’t like it. Fair enough, but I do.

And I have tried persuading, but no one apparently wishes to discuss it now and have moved on. Which is why I posted those “lacking content thin posts”, you know, so that people can see my position on them? Which for the most part is meh? I already have my three solid guesses. You and steak are two of them, then DGK behind that.

Until we get some night action bingo I feel we are spinning our wheels as if it were a quasi day 1, and then we can all bring up new takes.

actually if someone wants to do analysis on day 1, find out who called Bif town after the fight with steak. Because to scum, Bif might as well be town. And people with solid reads of Bif as town are a good place to look for scum.

SNG is probably scum for this post though Sci.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Sci is giving me hard vibes, SNG kinda feels like he’s tryna be the heavy here. I don’t necessarily think he’s scum but this is definitely Town Sci and SNG thinking everyone I think is scum is specifically town is a bad feel for me.

But we should do PMush today.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Sci is giving me hard town vibes*

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Lol

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah I'll ##vote pmush based on their meltdown when they still only had a few votes.

Scientastic is putting some good effort into scum hunting, I feel confident that they're town.

Lazy post I know but I've been sitting here trying to get myself to write something of substance for 20 minutes now and nothing comes to mind.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Good morning, I'm at -1 and I dislike all of you right now.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

STG whatcha think of SNG’s posting here?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That reads like sci decided PMush was scum and then built a case around that, instead of the scum read coming from the case. I'm not sold on it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Scum, please hammer me. I hope you like licorice.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Retro Futurist posted:

That reads like sci decided PMush was scum and then built a case around that, instead of the scum read coming from the case. I'm not sold on it.

You’re not sold on it or are you trying to say Sci is scummy?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sandwolf posted:

You’re not sold on it or are you trying to say Sci is scummy?

I'm not sold on PMush being scum. Sci is probably town, being pig headed and wrong certainly doesn't mean someone isn't town

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Eh, gently caress being coy. I got lynchbomb licorice last night.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

DGK you should hammer PMush lol

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Sandwolf posted:

STG whatcha think of SNG’s posting here?

I think it's a little weird how much they're posting in defense of others, specificially DB and Pmush. Also seem oddly hung up on Steak when their case on steak isn't any stronger than the case on DB, which they have called out for being weak.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PMush Perfect posted:

i believe this is a lie. ##unvote i'll hammer if y'all are acared

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*scared

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Steak posted:

I believe it’s a lie too but I’d rather someone I think is scum hammer PMush but all her scumbuddies are probably not gonna do it if it is true

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Scumbuddies won’t do it whether it’s true or not really, either want to give the impression of it being truthful or don’t want to be explodes

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mr. Steak posted:

Ok that’s weird. New theory is pmush is in fact scum, and so is steak and this is a last minute cred grab. The bomb isnt real but steak looks like king town for offering

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I think SNG's wishy washy vote on Bif was suss because Bif confessed that the optimal play for her was to lunch townies (see bolded text):

Bifauxnen posted:

Guys I'm actually a 3P survivorish role and even though it is not in my best interest to overtly hunt scum and get NK'ed, actually it's in my best interests to get townies lunched, I figured I should just play like normal cause it's so hard for me not to and I often end up wrong anyway so hey it could work out.

So it is probably in your best interests to lunch me but I just want you all to know that Steak is still wrong and is dense as gently caress.

SNG's wishy washy Bif vote:

sandnavyguy posted:

... I mean...

Well.

drat, maybe steak is scum and we have 2 non town solids on D1? I’m still hard pressing the steak angle but I can’t argue with a 3p survivor lunch.

Though it sucks, and I’d rather lunch steak first before he gets a candy bar and kills us all, because a survivor can Technically help town it wouldn’t be my first choice...

3p is a solid lunch. Sorry bif

##vote bif

SNG's vote post with the false hope narrative that Bif could potentially help town (in spite of their own admission), ergo Steak is the better lunch between the two. I don't see town making an argument to keep a self admitted non-pro-town 3p alive in favor to lunch another player that we don't have information on that points definitively to their alignment. Bif gave testimony to their own non-town alignment and was rightfully lunched for it.

##vote SNG

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Retro Futurist posted:

Ok that’s weird. New theory is pmush is in fact scum, and so is steak and this is a last minute cred grab. The bomb isnt real but steak looks like king town for offering

lol I’m becoming more and more sure this is scum RF

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Idle Amalgam posted:

I'd vote dgk. Dont think they are offering real opinions.

Looks fake, and they're shading me as well lol.

Called out sandwolf for calling mush snipey with ironicat, ironically

Next in game post is vote on bif.

Then a quote of redhammer.

They are coasting scum imo, jumping where convenient and really staying hidden.

##vote dgk

I really don't care how I look, I'm calling what I think is scum. And I think I pegged you pretty well judging by your response.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Retro Futurist posted:

This makes no sense, how would scum get town cred if scum would in fact know it’s fake?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

DGK do you have any opinions on things actually happening and not some little spat with IA that no one cares about?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

PMush Perfect posted:

This doesn't seem likely :thunk:

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

I mean once PMush flips it’ll be obvious if she’s fake claiming or not right? How is that a good scum play?

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Sandwolf posted:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

ObamaAkbar. posted:

This makes no sense, how would scum get town cred if scum would in fact know it’s fake?

The logic is: if Steak and PMush are scum, PMush can tell Steak it’s a lie, then Steak can offer to be the hammer vote (the one that will explode due to lunchbomb) for the townie cred of ‘wow he doesn’t care if he dies he mustn’t be scum.’

But it’s a pretty silly bit of logic, because even if it’s all true as RF says, that would *never* be enough to prevent Steak’s lunch.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Amnistar posted:

actually if someone wants to do analysis on day 1, find out who called Bif town after the fight with steak. Because to scum, Bif might as well be town. And people with solid reads of Bif as town are a good place to look for scum.

SNG is probably scum for this post though Sci.

This post is good, and I like amni as town for it. Sci is pretty solid town in my book, and I think he's on his game. I agree that SNG feels like he's playing his scum game.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

ObamaAkbar. posted:

I mean once PMush flips it’ll be obvious if she’s fake claiming or not right? How is that a good scum play?

It’s not, RF is just trying to sow confusion before PMush flips scum and he has giant target on his back for sticking his neck out so hard for her

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Sandwolf posted:

The logic is: if Steak and PMush are scum, PMush can tell Steak it’s a lie, then Steak can offer to be the hammer vote (the one that will explode due to lunchbomb) for the townie cred of ‘wow he doesn’t care if he dies he mustn’t be scum.’

But it’s a pretty silly bit of logic, because even if it’s all true as RF says, that would *never* be enough to prevent Steak’s lunch.

Yeah but her scum buddies would know she is lying so in reality it’s not a useful gambit.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

Fine.

##vote Pmush
##vote Pmush

Doublevoter candy last night, so :redhammer:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Wow I did not expect that ahahahaha

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Well, it was worth a shot.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
:redhammer::redhammer::redhammer:Votecount for Day 2

PMush Perfect (6): Sandwolf, Mr. Steak, ObamaAkbar., ObamaAkbar., Mr. Steak, Sandwolf, Amnistar, Sandwolf, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Scientastic, ObamaAkbar., sirtommygunn, Mr. Steak, DGK2000, DGK2000, DGK2000
DGK2000 (1): Idle Amalgam
sandnavyguy (1): Dick Bastardly
Mr. Steak (1): sandnavyguy, PMush Perfect, PMush Perfect
Dick Bastardly (1): ObamaAkbar., Mr. Steak, Idle Amalgam, Sandwolf, Sandwolf, Mr. Steak, Retro Futurist, Mr. Steak, DGK2000, Mr. Steak, ObamaAkbar., Idle Amalgam, DGK2000
Sandwolf (0): PMush Perfect, PMush Perfect
Idle Amalgam (0): Dick Bastardly, Dick Bastardly

Not Voting (2): Mr. Steak, PMush Perfect

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 11th, 2020 at 7:59 p.m. PST -- that's in about 1 day, 10 hours.:redhammer::redhammer::redhammer:

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Sandwolf posted:

DGK do you have any opinions on things actually happening and not some little spat with IA that no one cares about?

People should value my opinions more ITT. Friggin' louts.

My bet is mush is town and lying lol.

How DB snaked away from Lunch is curious, but DGK not actually trying and acting suspicious is what I see.
Not a tunnel on dgk, I just calls em like I sees em.

If I had to make a list

TOWN
Myself, duh

PROBABLY SCUM
Dgk
Steak
And stg?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I'll update my VF post to reflect the double vote when it is verified by the mod. I'm giving DGK the benefit of any doubt that they didn't just lie about a day action.

:redhammer::redhammer::redhammer:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

##VOTE PMUSH

I guess it was incorrectly formatted.