Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesla was right
Apr 3, 2009

Whats with all the robot sex avatars?
I just sold a 14* weapon for a cool 60M, so I guess I don't need to grind the dragon for Val weapons any more. Are the other S4 abilities useful or should I be buying gunblades and converting them to my weapon of choice afterwards?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Wand is very useful if you ever play TE.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe
The gunblade s4 is a good catch all but what s4 is 'best' largely depends on what weapon and class you're playing.

The wand s4 as mentioned is good, so is the partisan one for PP heavy builds and the rifle one is good for RA at the moment. There's some other cool combinations that get more viable later, too

Soulfucker fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Oct 27, 2020

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Stanos posted:

Gemini spawns in tot are my bane because they guarantee I won't get a 5th run in. It's already dicey with randoms sometimes, the delay with dealing with houses and gemini taking up time dying seals it.

Just shoot the infection core sticking out of the very corner.

Doesn't help when the others make it enrage though...

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
doing SH Castrum Demonica

my party is a lv.74, lv.62 and lv.57

this will go well lmao

e. ahaha holy poo poo we did it somehow, everyone in chat after was as surprised as I was, we had like a splinter of health left on the towers when he went into the final phase

Code Jockey fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Oct 28, 2020

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Purple Luther's spinning swords was very stylish but not particularly effective. Good time though.

Tesla was right
Apr 3, 2009

I'm sure I used to be able to dodge Luther's time-stops. Does the hero dodge have fewer iframes than braver, omega Luther ignore iframes, or have I gotten worse at dodging?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Tesla was right posted:

I'm sure I used to be able to dodge Luther's time-stops. Does the hero dodge have fewer iframes than braver, omega Luther ignore iframes, or have I gotten worse at dodging?

Was going to ask this myself, what should the timing be for triggering my iframes? I fought him for the first time last night, and ended up getting caught up in the attack. I knew something was coming with the swords, but apparently waited a little too long to do anything about it. :v:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

It's right as the bubbles expanding around the swords pop. Also note that even if you get caught in it, you can mash movement to break out of the time stop.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
It's pretty trivial to dodge with a tech weapon too once you get the timing down. Just be ready for the second set of swords too. Usually what I'll do is tech dodge the first set, cast a tech, dodge again. This is without short mirage though.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Omega Apprentice has been a nice escape from things. Really dug the Friendship Overend though the 4 person cut in becomes really silly with some costumes.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Required viewing for the end of the Apprentice fight (this anime came out nearly 2 years before the apprentice boss fight):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QHAd6WihN4&t=916s

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Itsuki of all people getting loving Avatar Arms is just vile.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I made the joke after doing Apprentice that the end cutscene is like if they saw Shine Spark but didn't quite get what made it cool.

That clip makes it doubly painfully obvious holy poo poo.

Edit: for reference I guess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Om6TODafY4

ACES CURE PLANES fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Nov 5, 2020

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

The original PSO2 anime was so bad

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016
I never watched the PSO2 anime even though I had planned to. But anyway, the Omega Apprentice quest wasn't that bad even though I died alot in the final segment because I wasn't use to the Luther Dark Blast yet.

Pyro Jack fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Nov 5, 2020

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Pyro Jack posted:

I never watched the PSO2 anime even though I had planned to. But anyway, the Omega Apprentice quest wasn't that bad even though I died alot in the final segment because I wasn't use to the Luther Dark Blast yet.

Interesting thing about this is that it quietly reveals that Xiao has replicated the function of more than one Avatar Arm in the Guardian's weapons.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Pyro Jack posted:

I’m still not sure I’m doing Luther right. His normal attack sucks? And you just shoot beam attacks the entire time? I died a ton and didn’t know where to focus attacks (I just aimed dead middle of apprentice face all the time)

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016

latinotwink1997 posted:

I’m still not sure I’m doing Luther right. His normal attack sucks? And you just shoot beam attacks the entire time? I died a ton and didn’t know where to focus attacks (I just aimed dead middle of apprentice face all the time)
You have to destroy the two large crystals on Apprentice's shoulders and then attack the main core since, unless I'm wrong, it usually opens when you destroy both. As for strategy, it's simple to shoot the weak points and dodge the attacks.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I usually spend my time shooting her wings apart. They're pretty fragile and if you break them all you stun her/reveal her core.

Also, Hunters have been doing that giant beam sword thing since episode 1! I refuse to allow Avatar Arms to to steal our glory just because it's orange!

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Dodge stuff to heal on Luther, apprentice has pretty telegraphed attacks so once you do it a few times it gets simpler to avoid. Normally I use the charge beam on breakable parts and then the big beam when it's stunned. Either way it's too fuckin long and I'm gonna be glad when it's out of the rotation. Gimme more 4 man triggers so I can just ignore it when it's up, please.

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016
Got Summoner to Level 78 and it's a nice change of pace compared to the previous classes that I played since they're mostly melee-focused. Got all of the pets (besides Rappy) in their Light element.

Anyway, considering that I've got four classes to 80, Hero to 90 and Summoner to 78, I probably should go join up in an Alliance soon.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Hey they added the boob accessories to the game, time to make a jiggly butt rappy man

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Pyro Jack posted:

Got Summoner to Level 78 and it's a nice change of pace compared to the previous classes that I played since they're mostly melee-focused. Got all of the pets (besides Rappy) in their Light element.

Anyway, considering that I've got four classes to 80, Hero to 90 and Summoner to 78, I probably should go join up in an Alliance soon.

What ship are you on?

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016

orange juche posted:

What ship are you on?

Ship 2 and my ID is PyroJack64 if that's also important.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Pyro Jack posted:

I'm half asleep and thought I was reading the XIV thread and got extremely confused for a second

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Pyro Jack posted:

Ship 2 and my ID is PyroJack64 if that's also important.

If you're in the discord for PSO2 goons you should be able to snag an invite to Nol Vacancy.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

this is a roast emperappy, isn't it :ohdear:

oh god and the glee of the one above it, brandishing the delicious, crispy-skinned legs of its fallen brother

pso2 is a dark game

Pumpkinreaper
Jan 19, 2010

Code Jockey posted:

this is a roast emperappy, isn't it :ohdear:

oh god and the glee of the one above it, brandishing the delicious, crispy-skinned legs of its fallen brother

pso2 is a dark game

Eat the rich!

Also I propose the thread name to be changed to "Let's put boobs on this CAST" now.

(It's kinda low effort, so have another:

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Man, the newest batch of Episode 5 was pretty wild.

The end of Omega was suitably cheesy fun. It was also cool to see some of the ex-council of six members (though it feels like I'll never get to see Casra 1 pre-Luther possession which is a shame) and it was also fantastic to have the Dark Falz in you pop out and do the old "you go ahead, I'll handle this". Then it got even better when they came back to combo Masquerade to death. Also Trans Am Regius and Maria. Just a delightful conclusion.

But I thought of Omega as a side story so I was surprised when Varuna popped up again. Then the wheels of my mind started spinning at warp speed as that elevator door opened and...kind of funny to only realize at that point that Omega was less of a side story with some back story and more of a disguised back story. Hariette = Shiva = the girl the photoners put all their photons into to act as bait for the Profound Darkness correct?

Also kind of funny to see Risa, who I thought was just a popular side character, apparently have a central role in the next plot line.

I'm guessing this is the end of episode 5 once the Persona UQ is done. Looking forward to episode 6 then.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Nov 14, 2020

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Pumpkinreaper posted:

Eat the rich!

Also I propose the thread name to be changed to "Let's put boobs on this CAST" now.

(It's kinda low effort, so have another:

sup buddy

Pumpkinreaper
Jan 19, 2010

Fawf posted:

sup buddy

I see now that I have much to learn.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Fawf posted:

sup buddy

this is the future liberals want

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I just saw the boobs in-game for the first time and lmao Dead or Alive is jealous of these boob physics

34m on the market for either set lol

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
im glad that the NA folks picked up real quick on the real potential of the huge tits accessory

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016
Since I'm done with the Mission Pass (outside of doing it four more times but you get the point) and the PSU-related Client Orders, I probably should go and finish up the story since I'm way behind on that (the recent story-bit I've done being the Buster Quest tutorial) and I need to get the stuff from the campaign involving it.

Tesla was right
Apr 3, 2009

Hivac posted:

im glad that the NA folks picked up real quick on the real potential of the huge tits accessory

So far I've yet to see anyone use the huge tits as huge tits.

Pumpkinreaper
Jan 19, 2010

Tesla was right posted:

So far I've yet to see anyone use the huge tits as huge tits.

I've sadly seen a few use them in a completely serious, unironic way. Reminds me of how I recently got the blaze hands and found out you can manipulate the heck out of them, but everyone just stacks multiples of them on their hands and never touch the sliders.

It's a crime I tell you, a crime!

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
My storage was getting full (which is ridiculous, I have premium, expanded character storage, and material storage) so I did some aggressive house cleaning, including some old early game gear I hadn't touched in a long time.

:toot:

I am really trying to not be a hoarder, and only keep stuff with lots of slots, good affixes, or what is worth a ton of money and I want to sell, but then I see something that looks cool, and well I have space for that, and oooo never seen this weapon before, better keep it...

I also have full sets of Nox and Sigma weapons, and a stupid amount of units, in fact I think I have most of the unit sets now. I might need them someday, okay

e. One of the things that's helped break my hoarding habit is actually checking the market value for those things I've been hoarding and realizing they're like 10k-20k with the garbage affixes I have on them, lol

Code Jockey fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Nov 15, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
On one hand I still have fun with masquerade but on the other after this I don't think I'll find more joy from it past hitting 999.

Only registered members can see post attachments!