Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Be sure to put the beaching device on your muzzle while unlocking the amax, it turns it into a one hit kill melee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irpoweroutlet
Aug 23, 2005
It's 'Lectric!

drunken officeparty posted:

Am i the only dumb idiot that didnt think to put the riot shield as the secondary with overkill so you dont have to switch weapons at spawn every time

oh poo poo, you’re not alone

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

lite_sleepr posted:

Is IW ever going to finish coding ladders? They coded in the going up a ladder code, but never coded in the going down the ladder.

if you just walk up to the top of a ladder and press jump you will climb down it

and if you hold crouch on a ladder you slide down fast

Crustashio fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Nov 9, 2020

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Fart Car '97 posted:

Warzone is going to begin to suffer from serious weapons bloat as BOCW rolls in and we head into 2021. There are already basically no remaining niches where they can add weapons in without them being overpowered or undertuned and not worth using. The meta is incredibly fixed because their weapon balancing system just leans way too heavily in favor of a few specific guns and attachments. They've shown no desire to touch any of the core elements that create such a limited meta, so I don't see how they're going to drop 30 more guns in without loving everything up.

Especially if the BOCW guns use their BOCW attachments, which are nowhere near as 'good' as MW2019 attachments.

tbh i feel like with a BR game there's really no harm in having multiple guns that hit the same niche and are primarily different in cosmetics/"gunfeel"

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
FIX THE loving GUN GLITCH YOU INCOMPETENT BUFFOONS

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
What the hell is the 43 GB update for

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

We Know Catheters posted:

Whatever it is, it's not essential. I'm still playing Warzone without it installed.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

remove pupkin heads and introduce a new graphical glitch that utterly breaks the game

it's probably preloading cold war assets ahead of the friday release?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

[Removed] All maps except Tank Factory and Euphrates Bridge

[Added] More gun glitch

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Gun glitch is back with a horrible vengeance lately, it never really went away but holy crap has it been bad the past week or two.

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
Oh, this is interesting, the home screen is now three tabs:

- Cold War
- Warzone
- Modern Warfare

Additionally, they've split out loadouts and operators between the two. In other words, you have a set of 10 loadouts for Warzone, and 10 for multiplayer. Operators are no longer divided by factions in WZ and you can only select one.

Challenges appear to still be "shared."

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

Sure am glad I pay for XBOX Live when I can't play during the limited free time I have due to Microsoft issues

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Inner Light posted:

Sure am glad I pay for XBOX Live when I can't play during the limited free time I have due to Microsoft issues

Expecting everything to go smoothly on launch day is foolish.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

RCarr posted:

Expecting everything to go smoothly on launch day is foolish.

XBL being down as a whole is because of a launch day?

i must be extremely foolish bc i never correlated the 2

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
All the liquid playboys installing their xbox sexes today

Mines still stuck on a ups truck until probably 8 pm tho

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

I ordered one for my little brother, it says it won't be delivered until tomorrow though. Oh well he doesn't even know it's coming.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

The speculation is that they added the cold war weapon file to warzone, because one of the devs said that the coldwar arsenal goes live in warzone the same time the game does, as opposed to at the beginning of the next season as previously speculated.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Pivo posted:

I ordered one for my little brother, it says it won't be delivered until tomorrow though. Oh well he doesn't even know it's coming.

Little do you know he sold all his Xbox gear to buy you a PS5.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

f#a# posted:

Operators are no longer divided by factions in WZ and you can only select one.

More accurate to real life; you're all hired killers working for a government that's a piece of poo poo, both internationally and domestic, answerable only to its billionaires.

"Sides don't matter except your own."

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
not that i play much core anymore but im glad if the 10 WZ specific loadout slots is real because i get 3 more WZ loadout slots to set up and never use that way

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Macaluso posted:

FIX THE loving GUN GLITCH YOU INCOMPETENT BUFFOONS

quote:

Fixes to help fight against weapon corruption while in Spectator mode
using War on Drugs/Terror language to describe a bugfixing process is probably not a great sign

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Big loving lol at call of duty trying to maintain balance of weapons between two entirely different gamers

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

How many people do you need to start a private Warzone game? What about BR mini?

There’s probably a lot of fun that could be had with some silly games like hide and seek, etc.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
Cold War currently downloading a 19GB update after its initial preload from a few days ago. Xbox One X.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

RCarr posted:

How many people do you need to start a private Warzone game? What about BR mini?

There’s probably a lot of fun that could be had with some silly games like hide and seek, etc.

https://www.infinityward.com/news/2020-11/MODERN_WARFARE_WARZONE_PATCH_NOTES_NOV_9th

quote:

PRIVATE WARZONE

We're excited to launch a beta version of Private Warzone matches! This requires various player counts to start the match and we have three modes available:

BR - 50 players required to start (also has squad variations)
Plunder - 30 players required to start (also has squad variations)
Mini BR - 24 players required

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker
loving hell. Is there a Twitter account or something from which I can get push notifications to know when a new massive patch occurs? It would be really loving nice to know I should've turned my computer on earlier in the day so I don't have to wait on a 7 hour download.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

pseudorandom posted:

loving hell. Is there a Twitter account or something from which I can get push notifications to know when a new massive patch occurs? It would be really loving nice to know I should've turned my computer on earlier in the day so I don't have to wait on a 7 hour download.

This thread.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Just lol if you don't boot your console up every morning before work in anticipation of a 50 GB patch that also inevitably requires deleting every other game off your console even though you have 200 gigs free

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

https://streamable.com/nk7ouz

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

pseudorandom posted:

https://twitter.com/InfinityWard for marketing stuff, https://twitter.com/ashtonisvulcan for the sr. communications manager who is more forthcoming

...but no warning for this one, I suspect it was pressure from activision and/or treyarch to push it out

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

hot take of the day: grau bad

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

sounds like the name for a german city

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
bagged to death never gets old
https://i.imgur.com/Cn0yGYv.gifv

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

It is, actually, kinda bad now.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

while this is actually funny, there are two things that really infuriate me in this game
1. sweaty squads beaming you from 7000 yards away and then coming to teabag your corpse while running through their own cluster strikes
2. people in the gulag continuing to empty their clip on you long after theyve won

i cant think of anything more toxic

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Hello Spaceman posted:

while this is actually funny, there are two things that really infuriate me in this game
1. sweaty squads beaming you from 7000 yards away and then coming to teabag your corpse while running through their own cluster strikes
2. people in the gulag continuing to empty their clip on you long after theyve won

Screaming the N word when they lose? Sexually harassing anyone and everyone who sounds female?

I mean, I get you probably don't mean that literally but let's keep perspective here.

Edit: teabagging is my god-given right, especially when I do it to my own corpse in MP.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Screaming the N word when they lose? Sexually harassing anyone and everyone who sounds female?

I mean, I get you probably don't mean that literally but let's keep perspective here.

Edit: teabagging is my god-given right, especially when I do it to my own corpse in MP.

Maybe it's a North American thing, but I've never heard the N word used the entire time I've been playing this game. It's usually super aggressive Brits screaming at each other for being Northern or Southern or very confused sounding French people on dogshit microphones.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

Blue Footed Booby posted:

yeah look i will concede those things are literally actually very bad and horrible however i don't encounter that on the euro servers

i do gleefully abuse the death mic though, because im bad at videogames and that seems like a harmless outlet.
so whenever some slide-cancelling bunny-hopper hoverboards his scrotum over my dead body, i take the opportunity to shout a creative swearword (donkey molester, ant penis, dwarf tits, etc) . not actual rage, just something to make help me vent and maybe make them laugh.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Hello Spaceman posted:

I mean Activision only has death mics, not kill mics, so I can’t give encouragement after I’ve killed someone. Maybe it should be argued that Activision is toxic. They are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
To me teabagging is a weird gaming culture thing that while "bad manners" isn't really toxic. I certainly don't get setoff or offended. Its just a silly thing. Like a touchdown dance or something. Same with firing into a corpse or whatever. Its funny.

I will say anecdotally I have heard less insane racism but even last night I was doing a few shipment matches trying to level a gun and the team was screaming N-Words every time you killed them and when that happens I'm still like "wow this is crazy."