Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Does anyone need a real Informative Statue (aka the Rosetta Stone)? I have an extra up for grabs, with free delivery service to your island - I just want it to go to a good home.

Also, would anyone have a spare Leo Fragment or Scorpius Fragment they wouldn't mind parting with? I can offer Libra, Gemini, and/or Cancer Fragments in exchange.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Falstaff posted:

Does anyone need a real Informative Statue (aka the Rosetta Stone)? I have an extra up for grabs, with free delivery service to your island - I just want it to go to a good home.

Also, would anyone have a spare Leo Fragment or Scorpius Fragment they wouldn't mind parting with? I can offer Libra, Gemini, and/or Cancer Fragments in exchange.

Yes! I would love it! About to post my own dodo code. I’m Matt from Nomanisan.

Thwomp fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Nov 10, 2020

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Nomanisan has Redd here and he brought a bounty of duplicates!

Redd brought:
Real Solemn Painting
Real Wistful Painting
Real Moody Painting
Fake Ancient Statue

He also has unlimited formal paper (japanese contract?) and toilets with wooden seats.

Message board postings are encouraged! If you also happen to have spare real ancient, great, motherly, robust, rockhead, trememendous, or valiant statues, that'd be huge!

Gates Closed.

Thwomp fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Nov 10, 2020

hambeef
Aug 21, 2004

is selling turnips still a thing? i got 419 here if anyones happy with selling for 1 away from the funny number https://turnip.exchange/island/99cb53ad

edit: all closed cheers folks

hambeef fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Nov 10, 2020

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

hambeef posted:

is selling turnips still a thing? i got 419 here if anyones happy with selling for 1 away from the funny number https://turnip.exchange/island/99cb53ad
I know the price will be different later, but are you gonna be around this evening by any chance? I'm on a lovely fluctuating pattern this week, so I'm probably gonna eat poo poo on turnips.

Anything I can bring or do as thanks?

hambeef
Aug 21, 2004

Slugworth posted:

I know the price will be different later, but are you gonna be around this evening by any chance? I'm on a lovely fluctuating pattern this week, so I'm probably gonna eat poo poo on turnips.

Anything I can bring or do as thanks?

The store closes in 4 hours I'm afriad, but I plan to keep the switch on until then

Majik Ninja
Jan 16, 2004
Come on down to MoonShine.

Halloween leads to fall fun. Anhka is crafting the cosmos shower, redd has a genuine mona lisa / famous painting and the shop is free range.

Turnips are selling at 69.... Nice

Dodo code is closed for now

Always love a message.

Majik Ninja fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Nov 10, 2020

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
If you're up to date in the northern hemisphere on critters, you should be missing one fish, one bug, and 3 sea creatures right?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Centzon Totochtin posted:

If you're up to date in the northern hemisphere on critters, you should be missing one fish, one bug, and 3 sea creatures right?

Yup!

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Redd is back to visit and has brought real academic painting, real moody painting and fake quaint painting. He also has Dolly (red) and table setting (black)

Dodo Code: CLOSED

I left my extra mushroom recipes (Mush log, Mushroom wreath, Mush umbrella) in front of Nooks for anyone that needs them

Fang is making a Standard umbrella stand. Buy what you want at Nooks (turnips are garbage). Flowers, pumpkins and fruit are yours for the taking.

I will mostly be AFK, but popping in once in awhile to check for ballons. Thanks for visiting!

SilentChaz fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Nov 11, 2020

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa

SilentChaz posted:

Redd is back to visit and has brought real academic painting, real moody painting and fake quaint painting. He also has Dolly (red) and table setting (black)

Dodo Code: in the PGS thread

I left my extra mushroom recipes (Mush log, Mushroom wreath, Mush umbrella) in front of Nooks for anyone that needs them

Fang is making a Standard umbrella stand. Buy what you want at Nooks (turnips are garbage). Flowers, pumpkins and fruit are yours for the taking.

I will mostly be AFK, but popping in once in awhile to check for ballons. Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for the DIY! Love the island

Farten Barfen
Dec 30, 2018
Celeste is here. Get DIYs from her I guess. There's also a sporadic shooting stars.

HK2W2 I will be afk.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Got my gold slingshot recipe today from a frankly hideous gold balloon. Cool, I didn't know I was near the threshold for that.

Also it's Mac's birthday and he's a very good boy who really seemed to like the punching bag I gave him, I hope he puts it in his house.

Leif visited with holly, but no tulips.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Tangy the orange cat was in my campsite today and I was pressured into inviting her to my island, which means kicking someone out.

Anabelle the Anteater (although she looks more like a pangolin) is in boxes now. Please let me know if you want her. Please take her so I can feel less guilty about inviting Tangy!

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Island hopping is so loving frustrating. 52 islands so far, with at least 3 repeats, and no one on my wishlist thus far. I don't want to spend real money on villagers but don't wanna get stuck with a villager not on my list. Hooey!

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

Nothing in the world can stop me now!
We did the same thing a few weeks ago - we ended up going to over 130 islands (I ended up keeping a log of every island to see who was there for my curiosity).

We ended up making do with Merry - someone not on our list but after the last few weeks might well end up staying!

Were it not for getting almost 100NMT when we opened up for a good turnip price a while before then I dread to think how much it would have cost.

The only annoying thing now is that there’s a list of villagers we’re eventually going to have to hunt down...

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Metaline posted:

Island hopping is so loving frustrating. 52 islands so far, with at least 3 repeats, and no one on my wishlist thus far. I don't want to spend real money on villagers but don't wanna get stuck with a villager not on my list. Hooey!
Island hopping is not for getting what you want. It's for exploring and feeling out possibilities.

I don't know how long your list is, but there are nearly 400 villagers. 26 of them are cats. Multiple times I went island hopping with the hopes of getting "any cat". Twice I burnt through ~50 plus stacks of tickets and ended up settling for something else 'cause there were no cats. If there are less than 30 villagers on your list... you're potentially in for a bad time.

Even if you're going to be hardcore and picky, I recommend setting some wider criteria. Like, "needs to be an okay villager of this or that personality, or a particular species as long as they aren't a jock, or someone on my list." If you're looking for particular villagers you're suffering for no reason. There's a joy and excitement to finding someone new. By all means keep your list, but also consider what types of new friends you'd be okay with making.

If that doesn't sound appealing, by all means spend a few cents on a bootleg amiibo card, 'cause it is not worth that much suffering all day if you're just picking from a list anyway. Make sure it's a bootleg if you don't want to reward Nintendo for a frustrating gameplay system.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

Or you can come to my island and adopt Anabelle!

Actually I'll also open up later as I'm expecting a heavy meteor shower despite Isabelle not telling me because she's extremely lazy and can only report one thing on a given day.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

After 72 islands, I found one of the 4 villagers I want to keep on my island forever, holy poo poo. Was it worth it? No way. Gonna be buying some amiibos on Etsy tonight! To be clear, there are way more than 4 villagers I was looking out for, but I had 4 (now 3) at the top who I will never let leave, and I wanted to see how long it would take to find one of those 4. I had 89 NMT and managed it somehow. gently caress you, Nintendo! You can throw Leopold at me 3 times in an hour but I'll never take him!

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
I just want to get rid of Spork, ffs how much do I need to bully and ignore this guy??

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

FINALLY Antonio's leaving my island. I've only been wanting him to leave for like...a couple months now? lol

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I think I'm fortunate to have not played any previous AC games in that I don't have a wish list of villagers, so my island hopping is usually 4-5 islands before I find a weird looking one and figure that's good enough

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

Hobo Clown posted:

I think I'm fortunate to have not played any previous AC games in that I don't have a wish list of villagers, so my island hopping is usually 4-5 islands before I find a weird looking one and figure that's good enough

That's probably the best way to play actually. Go with whoever you find cool/cute/weird enough. Or at least keep a

I've got a Meteor Shower going on and Celeste is there as well, I'll post the Dodo code in the Private Server thread

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
How do you get Celeste to visit? I've gone 2 months without seeing her on my island and it's starting to get to me...

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

The Door Frame posted:

How do you get Celeste to visit? I've gone 2 months without seeing her on my island and it's starting to get to me...

You must be missing her if you haven’t seen her in two months. She will skip a week here or there but I usually see her once a week. She only shows up after 7pm on nights when you will have shooting stars, and she may spawn in weird locations you wouldn’t normally see anyone like inaccessible cliffs so be sure to scour the island.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

J-Spot posted:

You must be missing her if you haven’t seen her in two months. She will skip a week here or there but I usually see her once a week. She only shows up after 7pm on nights when you will have shooting stars, and she may spawn in weird locations you wouldn’t normally see anyone like inaccessible cliffs so be sure to scour the island.

^This. A couple times Celeste has spawned on Redd’s access point which can’t immediately be seen when running around looking for her.

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy

J-Spot posted:

She also usually shows up even if the meteor shower isn't announced.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

J-Spot posted:

That would make sense, I have inaccessible cliffs that you can't see all of from the ground....

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

^This. A couple times Celeste has spawned on Redd’s access point which can’t immediately be seen when running around looking for her.

That's just mean

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Re: villager hunting, when Klaus left I found Dobie (top of my list absolute most wanted) after less than a dozen tickets.

I figure that's obviously used up all my luck forever, so next time someone moves out I dread to think how many tickets I'll spend trying to find someone I like. My list, such as it is, is about 30 or so (not including the six permanent ones I have already) which still isn't great odds.

Then again, luck's still shining on me a bit, I'm getting a meteor shower later! What time does that start/end? I've got work tomorrow, don't want to stay up too late...

Black Robe fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Nov 12, 2020

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
Pfft, my list is two. Lucky (for me) and Flora (for the girlfriend). Lobo just moved out. We don't have enough NMTs or patience for this to happen. Probably gonna mystery tour until we find someone else who's acceptable and then finally just snap and buy a couple amiibos down the line.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

Black Robe posted:

Re: villager hunting, when Klaus left I found Dobie (top of my list absolute most wanted) after less than a dozen tickets.

I figure that's obviously used up all my luck forever, so next time someone moves out I dread to think how many tickets I'll spend trying to find someone I like. My list, such as it is, is about 30 or so (not including the six permanent ones I have already) which still isn't great odds.

Then again, luck's still shining on me a bit, I'm getting a meteor shower later! What time does that start/end? I've got work tomorrow, don't want to stay up too late...

Meteor showers start at 7pm and go until 4am.

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.
Redd is here. Not sure if what he has are real or not. Opening up for a bit.

Code will be in the other thread.

Edit - closed. Will reopen later today with details on what is left.

yippeekiyaymf fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Nov 12, 2020

Tabachinova
May 6, 2007

You say...

You say you'd still rather wear the outfit.
Nook Cranny is buying turnips at 450 bells. Dodo code in the other thread.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Gala won't move off my island and I hate her so much.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Nan’s making a cool pansy wreath, everything in Nooks is up for grabs, nothing much else happening except WREATH.

Dodo code in PGS thread.

Super Foul Egg
Oct 5, 2005
Don't take me for an ordinary man

Unremarkable private island Lilbier is briefly opening to the public!

It's no showcase isle, but we have a heavy shower, Celeste (last seen on the south-east beach below the villager houses), and a beach full of misc DIY to steal or trade with. There's a star viewing area at the top if you tiptoe through the overgrown flowers.

Gifts not required, but if you want to leave a mark hit the notice board, augment the Able Sisters collection (if they're still open) or dump a blue rose/purple tulip on us. Actually if you have a grey/black synth or brown/blue bass guitar I'll touch them too! I'll either be hanging around the entrance or up at the star viewing platform holding a large mushroom.

Done!

Super Foul Egg fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Nov 12, 2020

ApostrophePolice
Feb 17, 2011

Nice.
If there are any Punchy fans here, he's about to move off my island (in boxes tomorrow). I like him but I have 3 lazy villagers and that is just too many. If anyone wants him you're welcome to come get him once he packs up, just let me know.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Hanging around the cliffs doing my gothic-heroine impression as I wish on stars. Flick is lurking nearby because he's very clingy I guess. And I happened to notice he wears shoes, unlike just about everyone else in the game apart from Kicks, Isabelle, Leif and Label. Not sure why my brain has seized on this fact.

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.
Redd update - fake quaint and scary paintings. If you are interested let me know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

I'm opening up my town for a while to get rid of surplus diy patterns. They're left of the entrance, including golden dishes, document stack, apple dress cardboard bed, bamboo stool, orange end table, and knight helmet. Please take them, for the love of God.

Redd is in town. He has real quaint painting; fake, scenic, scary, and famous.

The hedgehogs have zombie clothes and hippy jackets and cat noses.

The nooklings have a locker, guitar, shower, and tissue box.

Dodo code: CLOSED

I'll be masturbating to nature documentaries fishing and stuff.

Blue Footed Booby fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Nov 13, 2020