Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

PMush Perfect (7): Sandwolf, Mr. Steak, ObamaAkbar., ObamaAkbar., Mr. Steak, Sandwolf, Amnistar, Sandwolf, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Scientastic, ObamaAkbar., sirtommygunn, Mr. Steak, DGK2000, DGK2000, DGK2000, DGK2000, DGK2000, DGK2000
DGK2000 (1): Idle Amalgam
sandnavyguy (1): Dick Bastardly
Mr. Steak (1): sandnavyguy, PMush Perfect, PMush Perfect
Dick Bastardly (1): ObamaAkbar., Mr. Steak, Idle Amalgam, Sandwolf, Sandwolf, Mr. Steak, Retro Futurist, Mr. Steak, DGK2000, Mr. Steak, ObamaAkbar., Idle Amalgam, DGK2000
Sandwolf (0): PMush Perfect, PMush Perfect
Idle Amalgam (0): Dick Bastardly, Dick Bastardly

Not Voting (2): Mr. Steak, PMush Perfect

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 11th, 2020 at 7:59 p.m. PST -- that's in about 1 day, 10 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Pmush Perfect, Sexy Ghostface, was lunched on Day Two!

quote:

You are SCUM ALIGNED. You reach victory when SCUM gains control of the vote and/or outnumbers town.

24 hours for night phase

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

a few of you had this question so here is the answer: if you currently possess a role and choose to go trick or treating, you lose the current role. they don't stack.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Sandwolf, Dog-Emerging-From-Stomach-Thing, has died on Night Two.

quote:

You are TOWN-ALIGNED! You win when all threats to Town are completely eliminated!

You got a FUN SIZED CRUNCH COP BAR! At night, you can ##Cop a player to learn their alignment. This is a single use ability.

It is now Day Three.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (10): Amnistar, DGK2000, Dick Bastardly, Idle Amalgam, Mr. Steak, ObamaAkbar., Retro Futurist, sandnavyguy, Scientastic, sirtommygunn

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 13th, 2020 at 6:30 p.m. PST -- that's in about 2 days, 17 hours.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
well gently caress that was lucky for scum

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

So we have several posters seriously avoiding putting a vote down on PMush or just pretending it’s not happening including DB who decides to come in near the end and vote for SNG who was -7 ffs. RF then starts spouting a load of rubbish about PMush’s fake claim that makes little to no sense and feels almost like a badly thought out scum play to try and frame steak yet again.

SNG pushed back so hard yesterday against a PMush lunch that I can’t actually see it as a scum buddy defence as no scum in their right mind would stick their neck out so much when PMush was getting so much heat.

I think my initial suspicions of DB were correct though I’d happily vote RF at this point too

##vote DB

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

To clarify, Cena, all the candy for both Town and scum comes from the same random pool, correct? as in, say, Town could get ninja and Scum could get cop?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

sandnavyguy posted:

To clarify, Cena, all the candy for both Town and scum comes from the same random pool, correct? as in, say, Town could get ninja and Scum could get cop?

:iiam:

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

ObamaAkbar. posted:

So we have several posters seriously avoiding putting a vote down on PMush or just pretending it’s not happening including DB who decides to come in near the end and vote for SNG who was -7 ffs. RF then starts spouting a load of rubbish about PMush’s fake claim that makes little to no sense and feels almost like a badly thought out scum play to try and frame steak yet again.

SNG pushed back so hard yesterday against a PMush lunch that I can’t actually see it as a scum buddy defence as no scum in their right mind would stick their neck out so much when PMush was getting so much heat.

I think my initial suspicions of DB were correct though I’d happily vote RF at this point too

##vote DB

No yeah, I just completely misread PMush, to their credit however, she operated very different from her 3p scummy game in Among us so I was fooled.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Well. Lets see. Its a gamble, but I'll take it if necessary later.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sng do you believe im town yet?

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

OK, I'm going to reread everyone in light of the PMush flip.

Amni is town, no way does the argument he had with PMush happen if they're both scum.

DGK is either town or incredibly ballsy scum (I err to town) because using a double vote to hammer a scum bud would be the biggest bus ever.

Dick Bastardly posted:

I don't really get what the case on Pmush is tbh

Dick Bastardly posted:

It's really crazy and weird because that's how I feel about pmush kinda lol

Look at these two posts: Just so so gentle in their push back on the idea that PMush is scum. So incredibly milquetoast, just putting the idea out there without commiting to poo poo.

Dick Bastardly posted:

I think SNG's wishy washy vote on Bif was suss because Bif confessed that the optimal play for her was to lunch townies (see bolded text):

SNG's wishy washy Bif vote:

SNG's vote post with the false hope narrative that Bif could potentially help town (in spite of their own admission), ergo Steak is the better lunch between the two. I don't see town making an argument to keep a self admitted non-pro-town 3p alive in favor to lunch another player that we don't have information on that points definitively to their alignment. Bif gave testimony to their own non-town alignment and was rightfully lunched for it.

##vote SNG

And then this vote happened. This was just before DGK hammered PMush, and is a last ditch effort completely ignoring the case against PMush too shift the vote.

My initial read is that DB is scuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum. But I have had to come back to this point to add something: a lot of players I think are scum were pushing DB over PMush. If this were a power role heavy game, I could see that as a scum play, knowing that one was inevitably getting dunked, and picking the lesser of two evils. I am really struggling with DB, because his posting makes me think he's scum, but other people's posting makes me think he's town...

Idle Amalgam's scummy around PMush too:

Idle Amalgam posted:

Weird react imo, sus

Idle Amalgam posted:

Lol I wouldnt be opposed to seeing steak out. Not feeling the mush push, but wowie.

Idle Amalgam posted:

People should value my opinions more ITT. Friggin' louts.

My bet is mush is town and lying lol.

How DB snaked away from Lunch is curious, but DGK not actually trying and acting suspicious is what I see.
Not a tunnel on dgk, I just calls em like I sees em.

If I had to make a list

TOWN
Myself, duh

PROBABLY SCUM
Dgk
Steak
And stg?

At this point in the game, when this is posted, it's just a desperate scum play to try to pretend that a flipping out PMush is town. Just laughable.

Steak continues to be town. I don't see him playing the way he did around PMush as scum, no way.

ObamaAkbar is a mixed bag. There's not so much defending of PMush, but I generally don't like it when people vote and give themselves outs in the same post:

ObamaAkbar. posted:

So PMush and Amnistar both have pretty low quality wishy washy posts D1, I’m equally suspicious of both of them.

I want to hear DB’s reasoning for changing his mind on me D1 based on no new information, it’s like he is just cribbing other people’s opinions rather than forming one himself. Overall not feeling great about him

Looking over hummalong’s posts there isn’t much to work with, he suspected STG based on one weird post but that was about it, nothing conclusive in my mind to indicate why he was targeted

##vote PMush

Would also switch to amnistar

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Actually sticking with my initial suspicions, as I’ve been hosed over before ignoring them, I think it’s

##vote DB

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Yeah I think PMush is a more solid lunch than DB today.

Not sure what SNGs case on sci is other than the same spurious D1 meta crap

##vote PMush

But in his favour, it's a ballsy move to vote PMush at both points he does so, I think in both cases, OA's votes pushed Pmush from possible execution candidate to probable, the timing is townie.

RF[/]b is also scum:

Retro Futurist posted:

I don't see the PMush case.

Steak what are you doing with your votes there bud?

Retro Futurist posted:

That reads like sci decided PMush was scum and then built a case around that, instead of the scum read coming from the case. I'm not sold on it.

Retro Futurist posted:

I'm not sold on PMush being scum. Sci is probably town, being pig headed and wrong certainly doesn't mean someone isn't town

These soft defences are all mega scummy, but then the icing on the cake is this.

Retro Futurist posted:

Ok that’s weird. New theory is pmush is in fact scum, and so is steak and this is a last minute cred grab. The bomb isnt real but steak looks like king town for offering

BOOM: setting up a Steak execution off the back of Pmush flipping scum. I really love this post, it's just incredibly scummy.

I have a conference call with two very high up people in four minutes, so I am going to rush the last two:

I have already established that I think SNG is scum. SNG was a big defender of PMush, and I don't like the idea that SNG was "too obvious" in that defence to be scum. DB was a viable candidate all day, and scum players strongly defend their team mates all the time. SNG pushed for Steak all day, ignoring or decrying the PMush case (not on the grounds of evidence, but because of un-backed-up gut feeling and meta) and even tried to stop me from voting for PMush after I had cased her.

I don't see newbie scum [b]STG
voting for PMush when he did, leaing town.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Based on what I jsut posted, I think RF is scum.

##Vote RF

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Mr. Steak posted:

sng do you believe im town yet?

I mean...

Maybe?

Look. My entire case on you was based on your fight with bif, for example:

Mr. Steak posted:

jokes are important because scum dont overthink their posts as much when it's lighthearted or they think people wont pay much attention.

but the jokes are only valuable if we look at them critically.
i mean, they have entertainment value because they're fun, but i mean value for the gameplay.

thats probably my favorite nuance of this game. the way the conversation ebbs and flows around jokes can reveal a lot about the actual alignment of the players involved.

(sorry for waxing philosophic for a sec)

^This one because, its meta so sue me, usually you tend to stick with random pressure posting until you have a lot more heat on you than just a single slapfight. Not that early on D1 at least from what Ive seen.

Mr. Steak posted:

im aware i made a stupid ultimatum where you'd look scummy "to me" regardless of what you do. i wasnt actually making plans on how to vote based on what you did. i was bullshitting. but the fact that you chose the safe route of picking neither option and instead doing an uno reverse card on me makes me think you may actually be scum after all

^Maybe Im just misremembering and enhancing your playing skills in my head because Ive been wrong about you so often, but you seemed very open and straightforward here instead of joking the whole way through.

PMush Perfect posted:

This is the wildest loving way for jokephase to end.

Steak is always like this, but I'm not sure I've seen him get under Bif's skin like this before.

^This was where my investigation now falls apart with the recent Lunch. I was thinking myself that the slapfight seemed a bit more heated than usual, so, since I was feeling town on PMush I felt emboldened that I was on to something.

Scientastic posted:

I think Bif’s reaction to steak is fine, she seems perfectly normal to me, and I don’t understand why people think she’s overreacting or being performative. I feel like Bif and I have quite a similar play style, and she’s reacting in a way I think is townie.

Steak is playing exactly as he always does on D1, and while I personally find his approach somewhat annoying, I have to begrudgingly admit that I have come to respect it a little bit more having played a few games with him. Aggression is a good way to start, this is very much the Steak town game.

I think the people who are scum are the ones cheerleading the fight from the sidelines, hoping to get one of these players executed.

^For someone as methodical as Sci, saying your posts were just as normal town steak as ever and handwaving away that there are any inconsistencies with your posting that I felt were obvious, with the backing support of PMush being sus as well, made me think that they were protecting you out of hand, which struck me as sus.

After Bif's death, The fact that all the people who were sus on you seemed to fall into the logical trap town does a lot "Oh one of two people that were slapfighting were scum/3p, the other MUST be town" in combination with an immediate 3 person vote drop on PMush made me even more sus.

This is my entire train of thought.

In light of PMush's demise, I have to radically reassess my thoughts on everyone because I was taking a leap of faith she wasn't scum, none more than you.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Also I agree with Sci's read of RF,

##vote RF

Absolutely after that initial 3 person push for PMush upon Day open, scum would want to start casting blame.

So DB is in a better light, and those early voting DB should be on the chopping block as well.

No need to call me out for being hypocritical again, Sci, I realize just how hard i pushed against a PMush Lunch, but lunching me wouldn't help anything right now so I'll follow your lead. for now.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

DGK2000 posted:

I think DB is scum and has a vote parked on AA, which tends to be a scum move since who the vote gets parked on tends to also be scum.

##vote DB

I still feel this way, and feel better about it because Sci sees it as well.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

DGK2000 posted:

I still feel this way, and feel better about it because Sci sees it as well.

Like as soon as I pointed out the DB parked vote on IA, and that usually meaning they're both scum, AA jumped all over me which is super sus

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
I still would, you havent done much.

Was wrong about mush. I'm as bad at this game as I ever was.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
But maybe you're just disinterested town

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
My gut is Obama after the Pmush flip personally.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##vote rf

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Based on that flip, I'm gonna say at least one of DB or SNG is scum, and Scientastic is almost certainly town. DGK I'm leaning town based on the double vote but I'm not sure if the scum are also trick or treating or if they have their own powers.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I'm not entirely sure on RF as scum, though they've definitely made some strange posts. ##vote: SNG for now.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I don't defend teammates as scum, I'm king bus of bus mountain and you know it.
##vote db

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

sandnavyguy posted:

I asked literally that same question, with the same examples. Are you hacking my discord!?

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I really hope it's not the same pool because yesterday I got vittles that let me survive a lunch and that would be such a pain in the rear end if scum could get it.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
##vote db

I made args d1 and briefly d2 before pivoting to dgk, but yeah DB looking like scum.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

PMush Perfect posted:

Still angry, getting some thoughts down then probably coming back tomorrow to look at them again.

Stand by my Steak vote. Not sure if Amni is being obtuse (which is very in character) or playing it up as scum. Slightly leaning scum, I think, but IDK. What does that make the DB thing? A soft bus that got more traction than he expected? IDK, still not sure on DB myself. Cooling on my Sandwolf vote a bit, but not by much. More of an "I need to reread" kind of feel now. Liking SNG as town, still got a strong town read on Sci, null on IA and RF, and I can definitely see the OA case, wouldn't object to voting them.

the last Pmush post with "content" before elimination. I think Pmush would want to keep their read of scumbros neutral as to obfuscate any connection to them. I'm not sure if Pmush would bus or give a fake town read on a scumbro if she thought she was likely to be lunched so I don't know how that makes SNG, Sci or OA look in regard to Pmush's take on them before getting lunched. I'll probably re-read all of the players mentioned by Pmush in this post and see if anything pops out at me, but atm I'm still suss of IA/AA and now want to look over RF again.

I just noticed IA is basically radio silent when Pmush was active and vice versa, the lack of intereaction there is interesting. Pmush makes a joke vote on IA earlier in the game and that's basically it.

RF defends Pmush (which I too am guilty of not really getting the Pmush case or thinking Pmush was majorly suss, so I get that this is ironic or hypocritical seeming to point out, but perhaps bringing it to light will be beneficial to town overall):

Retro Futurist posted:

I don't see the PMush case.

Steak what are you doing with your votes there bud?

I probably will read the game over again, but right now I'm thinking IA and RF are good candidates for scum. ##vote RF (that's -2 I believe)

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##unvote

too fast, and a self-preservation vote shouldnt be the one to break this tie

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hello? where is everyone

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I was out getting a job I don't want.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Eh, my takes were garbage. First game back in a half a year or so and it shows.

I mean I stand by what I said about DB, true to my meta... I always support a manic underdog and give them too much credit. Hence not voting steak d1 or mush d2. But also d2 was rapid and day ended while working.

DB seems good to me. DGK could still possibly be scum imo. In fact I feel strongly about it, but /shrug... I'm the same poo poo posting slacker I've always been. What do I know?

*bird sounds*

I'm out.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Idle Amalgam posted:

DGK could still possibly be scum imo. In fact I feel strongly about it, but /shrug... I'm the same poo poo posting slacker I've always been. What do I know?

*bird sounds*

I'm out.

Tell me more about why I'm scum, from the posts I made before I called you probably scum with DB. I'll wait. Go ahead.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

##vote AA

gently caress it, I am sure you're scum.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Also I've been celebrating my birthday yesterday and today so I had been drinking and not looking at the internet.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Idle Amalgam posted:

I think DGK is being annoying with this meta tunnel, but not inherently scummy at this time? I mean if it continued towards the end of D1 or into the next day...

I think the :ironicat: on snipey is hypocritical in nature.

The emoticon is supposed to imply that your behavior is hypocritical, but with no further explanation by DGK, it too is... sus.

So while I think their meta based reason for "pressuring" you comes across as a tad obnoxious and irrelevant to this game, I could begin to see a pattern for the case you've raised against them Sand.

OVERALL, inconclusive and curious.

Then later

Idle Amalgam posted:

I'd vote dgk. Dont think they are offering real opinions.

Looks fake, and they're shading me as well lol.

Called out sandwolf for calling mush snipey with ironicat, ironically

Next in game post is vote on bif.

Then a quote of redhammer.

They are coasting scum imo, jumping where convenient and really staying hidden.

##vote dgk

DGK2000 posted:

Fine.

##vote Pmush
##vote Pmush

Doublevoter candy last night, so :redhammer:

Your vote on Pmush comes from nowhere. Also you'd have no problem hammering if you knew mush wasnt a bomb.

Furthermore, that unnecessary doublevote. Mush was dead anyhow, and I think the whole play was just posturing in using it given that d1 you tunneled sand who died and d2 you lock me and db together without considering our interactions.

Your case for us both being scum is you think db is scum, and through some mafia meta you hold true about how the game is played, you believe him leaving a vote on me implicates me.

I think there is a high chance you are scum for all the reasons I gave previously.

DB could also still be scum imo, but I'm more interested in your flip.

Distancing/bussing are real and I believe you would not hold any reservations about selling out a teammate outright. That's my own take.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

DGK2000 posted:

Also I've been celebrating my birthday yesterday and today so I had been drinking and not looking at the internet.

You're wrong, but as a fellow November human, happy birthday

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I do still suspect dgk somewhat but the double vote dissuades me. Like AA says there it was unnecessary, and a double vote is one of the most powerful things scum could get so I don't see them wasting it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Retro Futurist posted:

I do still suspect dgk somewhat but the double vote dissuades me. Like AA says there it was unnecessary, and a double vote is one of the most powerful things scum could get so I don't see them wasting it

Yeah it would be way too costly a gambit.