Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zarron
Sep 1, 2005
Amazon finally charged my card! So now I am waiting for this thing to ship which probably wont happen until Tomorrow since I am close to a fulfillment center.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/jackfrags/status/1326503065810251776?s=20

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

That is absolutely gorgeous holy moly!
If this is a launch exclusive imagine how much further we can push things :O

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

This is what they get for designing a console that looks like those grated pillars for disposing of cigarette butts.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Still no word from WM Canada at all, for an instore pickup tomorrow. Starting to worry a bit.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

VideoGames posted:

That is absolutely gorgeous holy moly!
If this is a launch exclusive imagine how much further we can push things :O

I'm trying to fine ONE stone texture that repeats in any of these images and I can't.

edit: oh there's lots in the vanguard one

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

The Walrus posted:

edit: oh there's lots in the vanguard one

Pre-order cancelled

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Lol GAME are apparently changing peoples shipping options to random mixtures of Royal Mail (eh) and Yodel (holy gently caress no) regardless of what delivery you paid for.

Good news to anyone cruising eBay, gonna be a buyers market once all those Yodel packages go up.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

drat

Avicus
Aug 31, 2007
Gentleman Bastard
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, Game have changed mine to Yodel (I selected DPD pre-12pm on launch day). I sent them a ticket asking wtf dude.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

and at 4k60 too... insane.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

My amazon order has actual tracking and everything now, arriving by 8pm tomorrow, hopefully everyone else’s as well

As does my my demons souls... arriving by... 11pm?! I hope the amazon person doesn’t really work that late

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Yodel is the worst delivery company in the UK. I had constant problems with them that if I found out they were delivering something then I would cancel it.
Once I was sat by the door to catch them out and they walked up to my letter box, pushed the "We missed you" letter through the door and walked away. I opened the door and asked what he was doing and he said he had missed me.

I stood there for a moment because it was just such a bizarre moment. Turns out my package was actually buried underneath a ton of others and he did not want to find it.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

VideoGames posted:

Yodel is the worst delivery company in the UK. I had constant problems with them that if I found out they were delivering something then I would cancel it.
Once I was sat by the door to catch them out and they walked up to my letter box, pushed the "We missed you" letter through the door and walked away. I opened the door and asked what he was doing and he said he had missed me.

I stood there for a moment because it was just such a bizarre moment. Turns out my package was actually buried underneath a ton of others and he did not want to find it.

This seems like it should lead to someone being fired.

Like the delivery guy being set on fire

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

My Amazon order shipped 15 minutes ago. Walmart is still at preparing order but allegedly arriving tomorrow, and Target is preparing to ship but scheduled to arrive on the 18th.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
sTaY PhYz baby

https://twitter.com/nobettafeta/status/1326429164723990531?s=21

Primworm
Aug 19, 2008

Six pokeballs, more than enough to catch anything that moves.
Chiming in to say that I also am waiting for my Walmart order to update. Living in a rural area and getting a direct delivery, didn't want to deal with any lines or the potential of the local Walmart accidently selling mine. I haven't picked out any launch games either, I am 95% a digital user but I just want to wait until I have console in hand. I am really excited to experience that controller for myself.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

zarron posted:

Amazon finally charged my card! So now I am waiting for this thing to ship which probably wont happen until Tomorrow since I am close to a fulfillment center.

It should ship today since your card was charged. Depends on when in the day it was though.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

J-Spot posted:

My Amazon order shipped 15 minutes ago. Walmart is still at preparing order but allegedly arriving tomorrow, and Target is preparing to ship but scheduled to arrive on the 18th.

3 pre-orders? Good for you but some folks probably gonna be pissed reading that

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
got my shipping notification and a tracking number from best buy for my ps5. it’s happening baby awwwooooo

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think those are faked, that's not how the smoke would work. Probably just blew some vape into the fans for the effect

NJ Deac
Apr 6, 2006

Primworm posted:

Chiming in to say that I also am waiting for my Walmart order to update. Living in a rural area and getting a direct delivery, didn't want to deal with any lines or the potential of the local Walmart accidently selling mine. I haven't picked out any launch games either, I am 95% a digital user but I just want to wait until I have console in hand. I am really excited to experience that controller for myself.

I am also waiting on a Walmart order placed 9/16. It's not looking good since I got an email from them on Monday saying "Your item might be a day or two late",. and my card still hasn't been charged. On the plus side, my Fedex account has updated with a delivery from "Solutions2Go" that is supposed to be here tomorrow, and some quick googling indicates they're associated with Walmart and the PS5 rollout. However, it's been sitting at the "Shipping label printed" phase since 2pm yesterday with no updates.

At this point, I'm not optimistic it'll be here tomorrow.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Probably gonna have to rename the thread to 'don't ship my loving console through Yodel, GAME.' based on these stories.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

MrMidnight posted:

3 pre-orders? Good for you but some folks probably gonna be pissed reading that

Yeah. Originally I just did it for safety in case of any "we had to cancel your preorder shenanigans" and would have cancelled two of them but I did find friends who wanted them so I'm just selling them at cost. gently caress scalpers.

Avicus
Aug 31, 2007
Gentleman Bastard
Grimey Drawer

VideoGames posted:

Once I was sat by the door to catch them out

Tempted to try this next week.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Keeping your consoles on their side has been the def advice since the ps2 days friend. Stay physical and horizontal baby.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Nov 11, 2020

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I think those are faked, that's not how the smoke would work. Probably just blew some vape into the fans for the effect

Its real, that is smoke from capacitors frying. Thats the kind of smoke they produce, anyone whos hosed around with pcbs will tell you that

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Ineffiable posted:

Probably gonna have to rename the thread to 'don't ship my loving console through Yodel, GAME.' based on these stories.

Honestly it’s terrified me, they’re loving useless.

I’ve not had an update on my order but it sounds like it’s everyone, and the funniest part is it shows whatever you paid for delivery has gotten you “Free Yodel Next Day Delivery” so you’re also paying for the privilege of having your new console not turn up/turn up crushed/left outside in the rain/crushed and left outside in the rain.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Yeah it was confirmed on Twitter to be fake. Plus look at the rooms that this is happening in, totally people that vape. :P

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

Detective No. 27 posted:

My Target preorder says it's estimated to arrive November 18th. Does anyone else with a Target order say the same thing?

Six days after launch wouldn't be too bad, silver lining is that servers wouldn't be so strained and they'll probably have patched out some weird bugs by then.

But I'd rather have it asap as possible.

Mine says the same thing and the two games I pre-ordered at the same time now say backordered.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The Walrus posted:

Still no word from WM Canada at all, for an instore pickup tomorrow. Starting to worry a bit.

Yeah that's where I'm at. A lot of my walmart.ca orders don't ship until day of release so lol.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I said come in! posted:

Yeah it was confirmed on Twitter to be fake. Plus look at the rooms that this is happening in, totally people that vape. :P

Are you sure they confirmed it? Because xbox got involved last i looked

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Capacitor smoke is way wIspier than that.

Avicus
Aug 31, 2007
Gentleman Bastard
Grimey Drawer
Yodel more like Yodeliveryunderapileofboxes

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
yodel? nay! pee, poo!

Primworm
Aug 19, 2008

Six pokeballs, more than enough to catch anything that moves.

NJ Deac posted:

I am also waiting on a Walmart order placed 9/16. It's not looking good since I got an email from them on Monday saying "Your item might be a day or two late",. and my card still hasn't been charged. On the plus side, my Fedex account has updated with a delivery from "Solutions2Go" that is supposed to be here tomorrow, and some quick googling indicates they're associated with Walmart and the PS5 rollout. However, it's been sitting at the "Shipping label printed" phase since 2pm yesterday with no updates.

At this point, I'm not optimistic it'll be here tomorrow.

See I never got that e-mail about a delay, even though I also ordered back on that date. I actually got an e-mail about a month ago confirming I would get mine tomorrow (updating the delivery date). I was at ground zero when the preorders went live so I got in pretty early, hoping that means I locked in my spot. If they made you a shipping label though, you should be good. That wont update until the carrier scans with the pickup scan which will be later today, and assuming it goes with a one day delivery service level, it should go through the distribution center quicker than other packages. I'd feel better if I knew a shipping label existed on my package.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

History Comes Inside! posted:

Capacitor smoke is way wIspier than that.

And bluer. And it would be shooting out if the fan was on, not just wafting out.

IT'S VAPE!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Move over PS5 the Xbox can perfectly levitate a ping pong ball with its fan.

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/pomchips/status/1326468419370225665?s=20

POWER YOUR RIBS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Deathloop has a new date: May 21st, 2021.

The Astro Bot team is also teasing new stuff coming in the future.