Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

This thread is so great, multiple posts explaining why not to buy any of the deluxe versions and the immediate next post is someone considering buying the deluxe version. It’s so good.

Digital Ownership, have you tried reinstalling it from here? https://www.microsoft.com/p/digital-ownership/9nhnch1hdgg5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

sellouts posted:

This thread is so great, multiple posts explaining why not to buy any of the deluxe versions and the immediate next post is someone considering buying the deluxe version. It’s so good.

Digital Ownership, have you tried reinstalling it from here? https://www.microsoft.com/p/digital-ownership/9nhnch1hdgg5

It’s almost like people can think for themselves instead of being a hive mind.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

yeah totally, man

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

Eh, only issue I've run into buying on Steam vs Windows Marketplace is that the Navigraph beta only supports Windows Marketplace at the moment.

Stingwing
Mar 26, 2010

Thank you Mr President for Making America Great Again! USA #1! I shouldn't have to understand other cultures, I'm a god damn American hero.

GutBomb posted:

It’s almost like people can think for themselves instead of being a hive mind.

Don't feel bad, I fell for the deluxe version too :frogdunce:

Stingwing fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Nov 10, 2020

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008
I would have been content with X-plane base aircraft level, but they still haven't fixed the most basic fuel issues. And the patches make everything worse

First Time Caller
Nov 1, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Ooh hey look its me, I am that pilot. That explains everything now.

Took me a bit to realize it as well. I'm guessing that completely burns out the starter motor which ends up screwing up an electrical circuit somewhere. Definitely does not happen if you remember to switch it back to the magnetos by selecting Both

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

First Time Caller posted:

I wonder how many "avionics are suddenly just turning off" reports were from people leaving the ignition switch on Start after they received their honeycomb yokes

Happened to me without a honeycomb, and through toggling the ignition with my mouse.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

You mean the honeycomb doesn't even have a spring return on the ignition switch?? rofl smdh

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Sagebrush posted:

You mean the honeycomb doesn't even have a spring return on the ignition switch?? rofl smdh

Does any flight sim hardware do this? Seems like it wouldn't be worth the cost designing and implementing this when no other PC hardware ever uses something like this.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

sigher posted:

Does any flight sim hardware do this? Seems like it wouldn't be worth the cost designing and implementing this when no other PC hardware ever uses something like this.

There's a switch or two on the Warthog throttle with a spring return, but yeah, it's not common.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

sigher posted:

All the toggle switches on the X-55 throttle are momentary

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

sigher posted:

https://i.imgur.com/xrDcxsl.mp4

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

BMan posted:

All the toggle switches on the X-55 throttle are momentary

Are they multi-stage like the ignition would require like this:

How much does that thing cost?

If it's already designed, I'm curious as to why they didn't use something like that.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Finding out there is no spring in the little key has crushed all my dreams despite my honeycomb finally shipping today.

:woop: woo I can’t wait to try it.

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

sounds like your starter's pooched

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

That's diy tho, right ? With an actual ignition switch in there?

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Electrically and electronically, a spring detent on the last position is identical to a switch without. It’s literally just a physical spring on the last detent. The only reason not to do it is either parts sourcing ($$$) or the developers not being familiar with expected operation.

It sounds more like an appropriate switch didn’t exist at the price point they wanted.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://www.flightsimulator.com/release-notes-1-10-11-0-update-6-now-available/

NAVIGATION

Navblue data has been updated
Navigation data date is now dynamically set in the avionics
ATC

ATC window should now list the entire name of approaches
ATC should respond to requests for changing an approach into an airport
User should now have the option to request an IFR clearance in the air even if they have a flight plan entered / loaded in their GPS
ATC should now respond to requests for changing runways while near / on approach to an airport
PLANES

The Fly-by-wire bank oscillation has been fixed for the Airbus A320neo
The overpowered engine of the Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner has been reduced
Fixed broken plane instruments when switching to Metrics via the options menu
Fixed cockpit interactions that were either getting mixed up or not working on 3rd party airplanes
All liveries should now be accessible in game and properly loaded
WEATHER

Lightning should no longer be triggered in clear skies
INPUT

The sensitivity curve methodology has been adapted for the different inputs
MISC

New temporal anti-aliasing (TAA), along with new sharpen filter using AMD FidelityFX CAS

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

That "key" clearly doesn't have any notches for the lock tumblers... It's like it's not even a real "key"

Immersion completely ruined! :mad:

One Legged Ninja
Sep 19, 2007
Feared by shoe salesmen. Defeated by chest-high walls.
Fun Shoe
A real key is available in the Ultimate Deluxe Edition™.

vv: It also copies all of the other keys in your pocket and sends the data home.

One Legged Ninja fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Nov 12, 2020

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
But don't cancel gamepass or the key disintegrates.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Anarcho-Commissar posted:

OPERATION BLIND DRUNK
Mission for 2020 November 14 @ 2000 UTC

It is a period of civil war. Georgia is split between pro-Soviet pinko commies and freedom-loving capitalist Georgians. A US carrier group has moved in to assist in defense as the Reds mount an assault.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15Grz7yEp70GOFfjch3zD1mp2TpDStdapDdqNVTAOu6c/edit#gid=0

Still some slots open. The Huey one is going to be especially fun!

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
IFR is useless in this game. They made me descend to FL100 while still 72nm out, into a cloud. It's also dawn in Ireland, I doubt the local authorities are cool with me waking everyone up.

i am kiss u now
Dec 26, 2005

College Slice

skooma512 posted:

IFR is useless in this game. They made me descend to FL100 while still 72nm out, into a cloud. It's also dawn in Ireland, I doubt the local authorities are cool with me waking everyone up.

wut? I think you mean ATC is useless and that is true. You'd have to be IFR to be flying in clouds anyway.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Using the in game ATC I’ve either had them perfectly descend me and do everything absolutely by the book to a point I can’t complain

Or they tell me to climb to 15000ft on turn for final.

Tonight they insisted on landing me downwind of a 23 knot wind which, hilariously, was almost perfectly aligned with the runway - such that it wasn’t the AI messing up a crosswind assignment.

Honesty I still enjoy the vague sense of the AI ATC as flavor, but do your own flight if they poo poo you up.

vanisher
Jul 12, 2005

Fun Shoe
I love when ATC asks you to change your transponder code but there’s no option to confirm so they cancel your IFR flight plan.

Natsuumi
Jun 13, 2003

Natsuumi's gone.
I'm Cherlene now.

vanisher posted:

I love when ATC asks you to change your transponder code but there’s no option to confirm so they cancel your IFR flight plan.

Have you tried, I dunno, changing your transponder code? :shrug:

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
It's straight-up bugged for certain aircraft. Or was. I thought they fixed that.

If you "cancel the flight plan" and then request IFR clearance again then that usually seems to fix it and you get radar contact.

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Anyone else get prompted to install a 32KB update this morning? Is Asobo pushing hotfixes now?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

So with the Reverb G2 already in consumer hands and me getting mine tomorrow and getting stoked as hell for it... when is the VR update? Did the VR beta ever roll out?

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

sigher posted:

So with the Reverb G2 already in consumer hands and me getting mine tomorrow and getting stoked as hell for it... when is the VR update? Did the VR beta ever roll out?

VR support is in closed beta. Pretty sure you can sign up for it through the insider program.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

sigher posted:

You're not going to like when your left eyeball rolls 90 degrees to the left at the bottom half of every third minute.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Stingwing posted:

Don't feel bad, I fell for the deluxe version too :frogdunce:

I'm in San Francisco. I bought the top tier. What would you have me do ?

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Stupid VR question... I have the Valve Index, how would I play FS in VR if I bought it through the Windows Store and not Steam? Can SteamVR interface with external games?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Messadiah posted:

Stupid VR question... I have the Valve Index, how would I play FS in VR if I bought it through the Windows Store and not Steam? Can SteamVR interface with external games?

Yeah. Steam VR is just a VR library. The few VR games on epic and origin use steam VR just fine.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

VR support is in closed beta. Pretty sure you can sign up for it through the insider program.

Do I need the game on the MS store for that? Or is it a separate download to get into the testing? I have a Steam copy, so I assumed betas are being delivered to people who own the game on the MS Store at this point since the game is out now.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

sigher posted:

Do I need the game on the MS store for that? Or is it a separate download to get into the testing? I have a Steam copy, so I assumed betas are being delivered to people who own the game on the MS Store at this point since the game is out now.

It's a bit of a moot question since they aren't taking any more beta applicants right now. If you're not in already, you'll have to wait until the next time they open it up to try and get in.

Presumably, though, they'd flag your MS account for access and you'd download a test build from the MS store regardless of where you bought it previously.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Helter Skelter posted:

It's a bit of a moot question since they aren't taking any more beta applicants right now. If you're not in already, you'll have to wait until the next time they open it up to try and get in.

Presumably, though, they'd flag your MS account for access and you'd download a test build from the MS store regardless of where you bought it previously.

The closed alpha was run as a separate product on the MS store, only accessible if you were flagged for it through the Xbox Insider app.

It was a real dumb way to do things, but it worked fine.

My buddy got his Reverb G2 yesterday and is stoked to get motion sick as gently caress at 15fps in DCS since neither of us has been able to score a 30xx card yet. (He still has a loving 970.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kojei
Feb 12, 2008
The VR stuff is in the stable branch, so wherever you own the game, if your account is flagged for VR, you have access to it. That said, you're not going to be playing it on your Index. Not yet, anyway.