Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Nobody clicked your link but me. It's a 404.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Hmm. Use this link and then click on "Original Xbox games"

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backward-compatibility?xr=shellnav

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

You know what I want? To remote play my SeXbox on my 360. That would make my whole life easier.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

RodShaft posted:

You know what I want? To remote play my SeXbox on my 360. That would make my whole life easier.

This 4K looks amazing downrez'd to 700p

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

American McGay posted:

Fantastic, that did the trick.

I'm excited to finally be able to play KOTOR for the first time! I've heard good things.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zat posted:

I'd get rechargeables for sure. Ikea's Ladda gets my recommendation. It's the same product as the much more expensive Eneloop Pro, just with a different sticker. Comes from the same factory at the same specs and they've gotten virtually identical test results.

Obviously you also need a charger to go with those.

Another alternative of course is Microsoft's official Play & Charge set but I feel it's a bit overpriced in comparison and not much more convenient.

Thanks! I appreciate the recommendations.

So the Xbox won't recognize the external SSD (well internal, but it has an enclosure now), plugging it into the system shows it's being powered. The only thing was since this was originally a PS4 and still has that data, I assume it needs to be reformatted. I assumed that the Xbox would prompt me to do that, but it doesn't appear to recognize it. Do I have to reformat it on a PC, if so what settings are needed for the Xbox?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

hatty posted:

I’ve gotten no update from my Microsoft store order, the hold will fall off on Friday so I guess there’s still some waiting to do.

That is pure shite my goon. What's MS customer service like?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

WattsvilleBlues posted:

That is pure shite my goon. What's MS customer service like?

I am trying to get ahold of them myself, and cant find any live chat option, and the Microsoft Store is the support you're suppose to go through and they only offer technical support with their website.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Amazon finally delivered my Series Z today... downloaded Tetris Effect Connected but when I try to play Miri player I get the searching icon up and it just rotates and rotates. Anyone else having problems connecting to games?

Hayt
Sep 11, 2000

I said come in! posted:

I am trying to get ahold of them myself, and cant find any live chat option, and the Microsoft Store is the support you're suppose to go through and they only offer technical support with their website.

Did your order go through completely? I've been stuck at "Pending" since yesterday morning, and they charged my card...

Prior inquiries by others online suggest that "pending" means "getting ready to ship" but I'm super skeptical right now.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
So I'm thinking about getting back into the console game after sitting this gen out. Is there an accounts page somewhere where I can see what digital 360/XBLA games I own?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GigaPeon posted:

So I'm thinking about getting back into the console game after sitting this gen out. Is there an accounts page somewhere where I can see what digital 360/XBLA games I own?

I think you just look it up in your microsoft account under purchases, granted I'm not sure how far back it goes.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I went to the Microsoft site to see if I could find my game library anywhere and noticed I've still got a Series X in my cart and the delivery date now says 11/16. Seems like good news for anyone that ordered them when it said 12/23

There doesn't really seem to be a good way to check what software licenses are tied to your account without logging into an Xbox though. Nothing in the account history on the website. On the Xbox though it shows you every single game you've ever bought and can download.

American McGay fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Nov 11, 2020

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I think you just look it up in your microsoft account under purchases, granted I'm not sure how far back it goes.

Purchases just had me buying Xbox points, not what I spent them on.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
You used to be able to see what you own but now the page just tells me to install the Xbox app and the Xbox app tells me nothing

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

hatty posted:

You used to be able to see what you own but now the page just tells me to install the Xbox app and the Xbox app tells me nothing

Yeah the Games I Own page is blank (I have PC Gamepass). I guess I can just look at my cheevos.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
If you've got an OLED TV you really need to play Ori2. At supersampled 6K with eye-popping HDR and a smooth 60fps. My TV isn't cool enough but I bet 120hz looks even crazier.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Play the real hollowknight instead

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hayt posted:

Did your order go through completely? I've been stuck at "Pending" since yesterday morning, and they charged my card...

Prior inquiries by others online suggest that "pending" means "getting ready to ship" but I'm super skeptical right now.

Mine is still pending as well, and I have a charge on my card, but a goon was saying yesterday in this thread that this is a test charge and doesn't actually mean anything. It's just to make sure you actually have the funds and your card is legit. It'll be removed in a few days and then you continue to wait, I guess? If I am understanding correctly. I've never seen something like that before though, and with it being a federal holiday today, that makes updates even slower.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So I was able to reformat my Samsung SSD, but if I plug it in it only shows up as being for media, pictures captures, does anyone know what the proper format required for the Xbox Series X is (or Xbox one as apparently you can just plug one in with no changes) and what tool I can use to do it. I'm kind of at a loss here, despite making some progress.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://www.reddit.com/r/xbox/comments/jshij2/for_those_that_ordered_on_1110_from_microsoft/

"For those that ordered on 11/10 from Microsoft: UPDATE."

quote:

I spoke to a CS rep today as I needed to find some stuff out about my order and I was informed that essentially, yes, the 12/23 delivery date IS a placeholder. They set it like that due to COVID, holiday shipping and reduced shipping workforce at places like FEDEX, UPS, etc. The guy told me that orders should be updated as soon as tomorrow, and that it could ship very soon but that they did the 12/23 date as a precaution so no one is mad if it’s not right away.

irpoweroutlet
Aug 23, 2005
It's 'Lectric!

MazelTovCocktail posted:

So I was able to reformat my Samsung SSD, but if I plug it in it only shows up as being for media, pictures captures, does anyone know what the proper format required for the Xbox Series X is (or Xbox one as apparently you can just plug one in with no changes) and what tool I can use to do it. I'm kind of at a loss here, despite making some progress.

I had to try different USB ports on my OG Xbone before it would let me format an ssd for games. After that it worked fine in any port. Maybe try reformatting to a different file system (try exfat/fat32 or ntfs if you haven’t already).

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Exciting

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Transferred all my games from my xbone to series x and the fucker refused to play my xbox one x version of NMS. So it downloaded the entire app again all 13gb. I mean, it looks friggen amazing but I could have lived with the X1X version till it downloaded.

Blessed there isn't a RDR2 Series x version. Fuckkk downloading another 100gb.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Cojawfee posted:

This 4K looks amazing downrez'd to 700p

Hey, if I could play in the basement on my 1080p tv or projector without dragging my SeXbox down, I'll accept it.

I just realized you can remote play on windows 10, so I'm set, I can probs throw together an extra comp that'll handle it.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

irpoweroutlet posted:

I had to try different USB ports on my OG Xbone before it would let me format an ssd for games. After that it worked fine in any port. Maybe try reformatting to a different file system (try exfat/fat32 or ntfs if you haven’t already).

Okay, the problem was it keeps detecting it as setup for media, so I'll give the other formats a try, thanks! This is the only way I'll be able to install COD without having a stroke. Although credit to Microsoft for making Game Pass so good, that I filled up a HD in less than 12 hours of owning the system. lol

EDIT: No luck with exFat, same thing, listing it as media storage.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Nov 11, 2020

Arkage
Aug 10, 2008

Things fall apart;
the centre cannot hold
Another question, is there no way to current stream Xbox Series X to PC? I used to do remote play sometimes with the Xbox Console Companion but it's incompatible with the Series X.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Arkage posted:

Another question, is there no way to current stream Xbox Series X to PC? I used to do remote play sometimes with the Xbox Console Companion but it's incompatible with the Series X.

Yeah I was asking about that earlier, and apparently, as of the moment it's not an option. I have to think it's high on the list of features for MS to add in.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Arkage posted:

Oh well crap.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
I can confirm that BF 1943 has not been updated for XsX but its still fun

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Don Lapre posted:

I can confirm that BF 1943 has not been updated for XsX but its still fun

This made me look up if Battlefield Heroes is still running, it shut down 5 years ago.

Kikkoman
Nov 28, 2002

Posing along since 2005

American McGay posted:

That worked, thank you!

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
New FAQ entry on Remote Play

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/known-issues-on-xbox-series-xs/221c9d7f-dc91-4067-ba81-33ab671179b5?auth=1

Big Dick Phil Spencer posted:

Remote Play on Windows 10
Known Issue: Console streaming to a Windows 10 device from an Xbox Series X|S will not work through the Xbox Console Companion app.
Workaround: This feature is only supported through an Xbox One generation device. You can currently stream from an Xbox Series X|S console to an Android or iOS device via the Xbox app. Keep an eye on News.Xbox.com for any updates on further support for additional platforms like PC.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Yeah looks like the "Allow game streaming to other devices" option is missing from the Series OS. (screenshot from OneCast, the macOS version of the companion app)

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Okay, the problem was it keeps detecting it as setup for media, so I'll give the other formats a try, thanks! This is the only way I'll be able to install COD without having a stroke. Although credit to Microsoft for making Game Pass so good, that I filled up a HD in less than 12 hours of owning the system. lol

EDIT: No luck with exFat, same thing, listing it as media storage.

Have you tried this yet (from
https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/storage/manage-storage )

"If you cancel formatting when you connect a storage device, you can set it up later:
1. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide, and then select Profile & system > Settings > System > Storage.
2. Select your device then select Format."

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

https://twitter.com/xbox/status/1326662743827468288?s=21

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Twitter comments seem dumber than usual

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
https://twitter.com/Adequate_Scott/status/1326672917799768066?s=19

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

hatty posted:

Twitter comments seem dumber than usual

Yeah. I don't know what it is about gaming Twitter but it's dumb as hell even by Twitter standards. It's chock full of console warriors like early aughts gamefaqs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Yeah. I don't know what it is about gaming Twitter but it's dumb as hell even by Twitter standards. It's chock full of console warriors like early aughts gamefaqs.

People keep creating 14yo's