Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
:lovebird: :lovebird: WELCOME TO THE TRAVELING CCIRCUS! :lovebird: :lovebird:

The CCircus is a thread for all of you all creative genius types to share whatever you've been working on through this Absolute Freakshow Shitstorm of the past few years. Much like the Traveling Kitty 6er thread, it will wind its way through the other forums gathering followers and adherents celebrating the finest side of Goonery.

I'm not going to be a prick about genre or medium. Writing, music, gaming, interpretive dance, cooking, whatever. If the other subforums want to have genre specific threads that's great, bless them. More the merrier. Slap your whole portfolio up in here. Get your social links, your comission rates, show us what you do. Promoting yourself is the worst! So let us help you do that! What you do is cool and you deserve recognition.

The one consideration asked is that any NWS links be clearly marked as such. :hfive: ok that's all from me, hat tip to Sebmojo for giving this the greenlight. Hit us with your best shot!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Ok, let me start. I just published a micro fic in Pif Magazine, "Exactly 499 Words About Warblers." https://www.pifmagazine.com/2020/11/exactly-499-words-about-warblers/ It's exactly what the title says. I wanted to experiment writing something short, but which conveyed a full idea. I also wanted to try writing something literary, so I made it about birds and death. With literary fiction, that's basically cheating. I know my work is... Controversial, but if you haven't liked anything I've made so far there's a chance you will like this.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

I drew goku hair as a sequel to goku pant

Nae
Sep 3, 2020

what.

You're right, OP, I do hate self-promotion, but I will do it because this thread is here!

I recently launched Cutscene University, a website dedicated to teaching the basics of narrative analysis using video game stories. Currently, the site features a selection of essays focusing on the fundamentals (structure, character, theme), along with a series of in-depth game studies that break down where each story succeeds and fails. I'm starting by going through the 3D entries in the Zelda series since they're so accessible, and once that's finished, I'll be moving onto more complex stories (Final Fantasy Tactics and Metal Gear Solid 3 are both on my radar for early 2021).

I'm pleased with how it's going so far and I'm excited to see how it develops. 2020 has been mostly poo poo, but I'm really enjoying this project and I hope other people do, too.

Twitter: @CutsceneUni

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I'm just going to throw a link here to the September issue of Flash Frontier, a New Zealand flash-fiction magazine which has been very kind to goon writing. I believe there are seven of us represented in the September issue, so if you like very very short fiction, give it a look! (Or even if you don't, it's maybe like 5000-6000 words total; it won't take you all that long to read.)

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I'm going to set this thread wandering in a few days, so if you have something you like then post just post just post

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
checkout my vidja game! ive spent the last few years working on it and i did all the art and code and stuff myself. its cute but its also pretty hard, so be warned

a trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n39l4oJEs_I

iOS:
https://apps.apple.com/app/id1387320698

android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bwendt.warkandwimble

PC:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/...0/Wark__Wimble/

i also do other other artsy stuff, like drawing this goat:

twitter:
https://twitter.com/PorbleG

Nebalebadingdong fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Nov 3, 2020

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I've been making these gear paintings since April.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFcSdQOL7W4

I have a few of those for sale or make them on comission.

Twitter: @arianimation
Instagram: @chernadraw
Etsy: MotionPaint
Portfolio

Edit: Made a SAmart thread here if anyone is interested.

Chernabog fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Nov 13, 2020

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I made a zbrush sculpture of some otters, rendered in redshift for 3dsmax

More on my artstation
https://www.artstation.com/eoincannon

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Here's some stuff I painted in the last two months

I post new things on my Twitter account, which is not solely an art account, as well as to my Instagram, which likes to crop and downscale my uploads. I also have a Tumblr but lol

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

If goons want to see badly done drawings and watercolors, we have a goon run discord here: https://discord.gg/25e2VpE
For reasons of teaser, here an ink drawing and two recent watercolors:

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

I've been working on a game for more than a year now, doing most of the art, and all of the code for it. Recently I took the risky step to go full-time with it. There's a thread for it over in Games!

For three years now I've also been making small desktop calendars, after being inspired to do so by another artist I follow. Having a new drawing to look at on the desk every month is pretty nice. The one for 2021 is currently for sale if you want to support a fellow goon and get a nice trinket for your desk!

Other than that I semi-frequently do random studies and drawings, often late at night, and post them in CC's daily drawings thread, the Discord Keetron mentioned, and on Twitter.

Shinmera fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Nov 14, 2020

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

the mirror would do well to reflect further

Been doing studies of Jordu Schell's work for the last year. He makes masks and sculpts for VFX shots / horror movies etc.

Troll

Bugman

Goblin

Nosferatu

Last Vampire

A slightly large gallery is here

sigma 6 fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Nov 4, 2020

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
I've made a lot of poo poo over quarantine but it's garbo. Here's a couple artdomes i did though:

I was another one of the goons who had a story featured in Flash Frontier!

HorseHeadBed
May 6, 2009

This is terrible.

https://2ndirreg.bandcamp.com

HorseHeadBed fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Nov 5, 2020

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I'll toss some of my stuff to the winds and see where they take them.

Mostly, I've just been doing a lot of Not Another D&D Podcast fan art:

And also a few other things:

If anyone wants to hire me, my website is http://phylodox.com/!

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i dont normally post here but the op invited us from phiz to post our creative works in this thread, and it looks cool

in May i started a speculative audio-fiction/poetry series, or "podcast" (it doesn't really share the traits of a normal podcast, but I am mainly using podcast networks to distribute it)

it is about the next couple hundred years of human existence, focused on the area currently known as California (and other nearby areas), and told in a fragmentary and dreamlike way. in fact a lot of the imagery in it comes directly from my dreams

right now all of the music, voice work, sound design, and general audio production is done by me. mostly because I am broke. starting with episode 8 i will have some other people involved as well, voice actors at first but i also want to bring in more musical contributors and eventually, other writers

the show is non-linear in terms of the story, but it is linear in terms of how the episodes connect musically

if you like podcasts like Welcome to Night Vale or Alice Isn't Dead (i produce and do the music for both) you might like this, though it is much more abstract and much less character-driven than either of those

it is called In A Walled City

you can check it out here: https://open.spotify.com/show/18ZkP5CrZBaS0CZ74bkyYZ

or here: https://podcasts.apple.com/fr/podcast/in-a-walled-city/id1526192366

or any other normal podcast app

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Nov 9, 2020

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
Oh wow how did I forget to mention the podcast myself and my cohost have been working very hard on!

FeatureBang! The podcast where two amateur writers review just the plots of adult films.

Sitting Here fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Nov 9, 2020

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
I forgot to mention, this piece I wrote for Deadspin about my job as a baseball clown got me listed as Notable in this years' Best American Sportswriting anthology.

Sitting Here posted:

Oh wow how did I forget to mention the podcast myself and my cohost have been working very hard on!

FeatureBang! The podcast where two amateur writers review just the plots of adult films.

if you haven't seen it yet, "Sex and Zen" features a lesbian scene where they use a flute as a double ended dildo, and the Worst Caligraphy you can possibly imagine. a dude gets his dick chopped off and replaced with a horses' dick. it is Absurd.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I've been writing stories in Thunderdome for around 8 years and have done ~200,000 words of varyingly bad fiction. That's not what this is about though.

See I had a big birthday recently, and while we were having a birthday beer my writing goonbuds pulled out a box.

Inside the box were eight professionally bound, beautifully designed, typeset and illustrated books of every nonsensical word I've written in that dumb thread.

They also, because that wasn't insane enough, 3D printed me octopus bookends.

I may have cried a little. Best birthday present ever. Yoruichi, sitting here, surreptitiousmuffin, cpt_dr, anomalous blowout, fumblemouse, morning bell, and steeltoedsneakers are the finest and most high quality goons.

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

the mirror would do well to reflect further

^^^ That's super cool and classy as gently caress. ^^^

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Alright, wave farewell to the Travelling Circus, it's off on its adventures. Next stop: BYOB!

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Hell yes, welcome welcome welcome CC!! Byob loves to be creative and make things, so everyone go nuts in here!!

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

This is my favorite watercolor I've done so far, I've been learning for about a week with real watercolors and messing with water color brush pens for a few more weeks

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

I have been too busy raising a bebe to do much in the way of creative things but I will share the pumpkins we carved this year

ty manifisto

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

I don't have a lot of time for creative stuff nowadays, but I sculpt small aminals from clay, paint them, add uplifting/depressing sayings, tag them with a dedicated instagram #.

Then when i travel i leave the aminals behind for strangers to find. I've made/placed 20 of them over the past 3 years or so.

Cat

Elephant

Swan

Frog

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Oh hi BYOB it has been so long since I posted in here; I think it's been more than a decade jeez

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
lot of great stuff in here!

owlhawk911
Nov 8, 2019

come chill with me, in byob

sup cc. i pretty much don't have an attention span but here's the last thing i drew

and the last noise i made

i hope you like them :) i don't have a twitter or anything, if u want more of this craveable content the only way to like, share, or subscribe is to chill in byob. there's no way to give me money rn either but hopefully i'll get the onlyfans up and running soon

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

owlhawk911
Nov 8, 2019

come chill with me, in byob

sebmojo posted:

I've been writing stories in Thunderdome for around 8 years and have done ~200,000 words of varyingly bad fiction. That's not what this is about though.

See I had a big birthday recently, and while we were having a birthday beer my writing goonbuds pulled out a box.

Inside the box were eight professionally bound, beautifully designed, typeset and illustrated books of every nonsensical word I've written in that dumb thread.

They also, because that wasn't insane enough, 3D printed me octopus bookends.

I may have cried a little. Best birthday present ever. Yoruichi, sitting here, surreptitiousmuffin, cpt_dr, anomalous blowout, fumblemouse, morning bell, and steeltoedsneakers are the finest and most high quality goons.

this is rad and you are clearly loved :)

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

I painted Hellboy today

Bingo Bango
Jan 7, 2020

Currently (sorta) working on a baby blanket for my new niece

I've always wanted to be good at digital art, but I am terrible at drawing. So, I've been practicing by inking and coloring character art my wife draws!

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

owlhawk911 posted:

this is rad and you are clearly loved :)

holy cow! how did I miss all this hot cephalopod action?

that stuff is indeed rad, sebmojo.

e: OK images weren't loading on my phone earlier. I guess that explains why I saw no art when i skimmed the art thread at lunch.

Prof. Crocodile fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Nov 11, 2020

pecan
Nov 1, 2020

Welcome 2 byob the ccircus

i know notoriously bad and banned poster, nut, of whom i have no personal relationship with writes short fiction and put sit on his neocities site.

https://nutscrabshack.neocities.org/

FluffieDuckie
May 11, 2005

i do crafty things but mostly quilts these days

it all started with the foster kids. i would have people who knew them when they were in foster care each make a square and then i sewed them together so the kids could take the quilts with them so they could remember the people they met here. forgive the old picture

then i got cocky and made this giant thing for my daughter's gymnastics team to sit on at meets

bigger quilts are hard so i stopped that and moved to wall hangings and baby quilts

this one was for my buddy wd-40 bc she loves penguins

and then there was the byob quilt which was insanity. who knew there were so many people in byob?

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Those are all beautiful but I just wanna say as someone who has family in the foster system, you're so friggen awesome fluffy, those quilts you make for those kids are just incredible what an amazing thing for them to have

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

These quilts are awesome. But I am especially impressed by the gymnastics team mat quilt dealy. If you ever need a side hustle you could probably make them for for school clubs and youth sports teams in bougie neighborhoods (at a considerable profit).

FluffieDuckie
May 11, 2005

Prof. Crocodile posted:

These quilts are awesome. But I am especially impressed by the gymnastics team mat quilt dealy. If you ever need a side hustle you could probably make them for for school clubs and youth sports teams in bougie neighborhoods (at a considerable profit).

i might get a profit over the supplies but i'd probably make like 15 cents an hour

that's all hand stitching around every applique you see there. even the eyes of the kids

frankly i think there's something wrong with me

FluffieDuckie
May 11, 2005

Sid Vicious posted:

Those are all beautiful but I just wanna say as someone who has family in the foster system, you're so friggen awesome fluffy, those quilts you make for those kids are just incredible what an amazing thing for them to have

:glomp:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bingo Bango
Jan 7, 2020

FluffieDuckula posted:

i might get a profit over the supplies but i'd probably make like 15 cents an hour

that's all hand stitching around every applique you see there. even the eyes of the kids

frankly i think there's something wrong with me

holey moley, I wish I had the patience for quilting, but I am extremely bad about measuring everything correctly. these are amazing!

Do you do the quilting yourself as well? My aunt bought herself a long arm quilting machine when she retired and now the rest of the family sends her their pieced together projects to finish, which is a pretty sweet deal if you ask me.