Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FluffieDuckie
May 11, 2005

i haven't bought a long arm (yet) but mr duck likes to play with them at joannes and when we were at a little quilt shop a year ago they had a massive one running right in the front of the store and he just stood there the whole time i was shopping going "COOL" so i'd imagine someday we might get one.

right now i tie my quilts. i've been starting to practice a technique called "quilt as you go" where you can use your machine to quilt small sections before attaching the whole quilt together. i'd like to try that for a while before buying a giant expensive machine

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

I made another hermit crab this evening

and I painted a trippy muscular kangaroo for Chewbacca

Bingo Bango
Jan 7, 2020

FluffieDuckula posted:

right now i tie my quilts. i've been starting to practice a technique called "quilt as you go" where you can use your machine to quilt small sections before attaching the whole quilt together. i'd like to try that for a while before buying a giant expensive machine

Soon I will have a dedicated sewing space again and maybe I'll look into this technique!

Sid Vicious posted:

I made another hermit crab this evening

Cat Crab drugs

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

I do woodwork and make furniture professionally here are some things I did recently. I'm so bad at marketing plz send help

big honkin William IV style desk

lil' drop leaf card table w/ some inlaid crossbanding.

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

pecan
Nov 1, 2020

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

I do woodwork and make furniture professionally here are some things I did recently. I'm so bad at marketing plz send help

goddamn this stuff is great

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

Chernabog posted:

I've been making these gear paintings since April.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFcSdQOL7W4

I have a few of those for sale or make them on comission.

Twitter: @arianimation
Instagram: @chernadraw
Etsy: MotionPaint
Portfolio

These are super cool I love these.

Actually everything in this thread is cool and pretend I emptyquoted all of it. I need to go check out CC more often!

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Been kinda under productive lately, been dealing with some chronic pain possibly related to TMJ or something. Here are some prints I got made of my last finished painting though.

Have around 8 of em left if anyone is interested
SA-mart thread

Here are some other painting in progress that I've kinda stalled out on. Having a headache for basically 2 weeks makes it hard to focus or feel good about creating anything.

Ratmiral

Crawl'n Fresh

Some assorted doodles from the past week

dog nougat fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Nov 12, 2020

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Actually everything in this thread is cool and pretend I emptyquoted all of it. I need to go check out CC more often!

Right? Some amazing and inspiring stories in this thread too! About really impressive art, and in so many different mediums! Thank you CC goons for touring the forums or I would have missed the circus entirely, I will watch this thread closely now. And I too will have to lurk CC a bit more.

I like making and playing games, especially CYOAs here on the forums with y'all! I ran a pretty epic one for a few years about goblins, it had a big act-break on New Years' day 2020, and I hung it up for a year to concentrate on SA's front page (with my fellow FP revival teammember, the OP! Hi Phiz).

And what a year it's been! But we're finally almost back to December again, so I'm tidying up the companion site, building a new computer, refining my workflow, just generally getting ready to return for part 2 of Goblins starting this Christmas. I even made some cool clay-and-cactus posters to mark the gap between parts 1 and 2:

Technical stuff aside though, I have to get myself ready to host a really intricate forums game again. They're functionally webcomics and comics of any kind are all about stamina! So I'm warming up with a fun, lower-stakes scratch-paper game with my friends here in BYOB. It's about aliens and doodle-maps, and it just started so it's the perfect time to join us all.

Come put me through my paces as a GM, the goblin players are a ruthless bunch and I need my dice sharp for 'em!

Sig by Heather Papps

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Ok, let me start. I just published a micro fic in Pif Magazine, "Exactly 499 Words About Warblers." https://www.pifmagazine.com/2020/11/exactly-499-words-about-warblers/ It's exactly what the title says. I wanted to experiment writing something short, but which conveyed a full idea. I also wanted to try writing something literary, so I made it about birds and death. With literary fiction, that's basically cheating. I know my work is... Controversial, but if you haven't liked anything I've made so far there's a chance you will like this.

hey just wanted to say i really like a lot of the imagery in this

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

These are super cool I love these.

Thanks! I was actually looking into woodworking to make the gears but 3D printing turned out to be more convenient for me. So that's to say I admire what you do. Good stuff.

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

Chernabog posted:

Thanks! I was actually looking into woodworking to make the gears but 3D printing turned out to be more convenient for me. So that's to say I admire what you do. Good stuff.

There is a woodworking thread in DIY&H if you ever need any help! We're not quite as friendly as byob but we don't usually bite.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2819334

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

There is a woodworking thread in DIY&H if you ever need any help! We're not quite as friendly as byob but we don't usually bite.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2819334

Yeah, I went there but since I didn't have the tools or space I just found another option.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

sorry I won't post any more for awhile im sorry

owlhawk911
Nov 8, 2019

come chill with me, in byob

Sid Vicious posted:

sorry I won't post any more for awhile im sorry

don't u dare stop posting

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Oh wow I've never actually posted in BYOB before. Is it safe? Am I putting myself in danger right now? Oh God please don't hurt me!

Anyways I've been working on a graphic novel about two nerds stuck in a computer simulation that have partial amnesia. It just lives on imgur for now but one of my homework assignments for next year is to get a WordPress site or something for it up. My goal is to finish with chapter 1 by the end of the year:

The rest are here. Read them or whatever:
https://imgur.com/a/5pfsyB3

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

These are classy as hell and I love them.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Bingo Bango
Jan 7, 2020

readingatwork posted:

Oh wow I've never actually posted in BYOB before. Is it safe? Am I putting myself in danger right now? Oh God please don't hurt me!

Anyways I've been working on a graphic novel about two nerds stuck in a computer simulation that have partial amnesia. It just lives on imgur for now but one of my homework assignments for next year is to get a WordPress site or something for it up. My goal is to finish with chapter 1 by the end of the year:

The rest are here. Read them or whatever:
https://imgur.com/a/5pfsyB3

Oh wow, this looks fantastic!

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

:lmao:

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

FluffieDuckie
May 11, 2005

Lol at Byob biting anyone

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Bingo Bango posted:

Oh wow, this looks fantastic!

Thank you! That page took friggin' forever so I'm glad people are enjoying it.

----------------

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i made a painting of what i think would happen if the mushroom kingdom had a beam to the dark tower

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

Sid Vicious posted:

i made a painting of what i think would happen if the mushroom kingdom had a beam to the dark tower

I want all watercolor people in CC so I can tell them about paper and paints and pigments and so on!

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

oh i am just messing around i havent learned a single thing about doing art, im considering asking my mom for a certificate for a basic drawing course for Christmas this year its been really therapeutic

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Keetron posted:

I want all watercolor people in CC so I can tell them about paper and paints and pigments and so on!

Cool! I can definitely use some pointers. Sid is killing it with the stack of good paintings, I am impressed.

Sig by Heather Papps

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

There is so much good art itt!

If this were a normal BYOB thread I would just go on a multipost-empty-quote rampage, but since it's not please just imagine that I quoted and said something nice about all the stuff posted here.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i painted gritty well its a combination pigment pen and paint

Bingo Bango
Jan 7, 2020

Sid Vicious posted:

As a Philadelphian I can attest that this is an A+ Gritty

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
A zbrush sculpture I made of my Dad's corgi Gemma

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

Sid Vicious posted:

indeed looks like you are enjoying painting. If you decide to continue hit me up for tips on paint and paper
I painted Grace Hopper for a frog themed mini art dome:

TedHornsby
May 27, 2016

Refined Taste
This started out as an ordinary cult compound disguised as a circus, but things took a turn.

From the doodle book:

TedHornsby fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Nov 13, 2020

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

learned more about clone stamp (:h:), colour burn, and layer transparency today! i'm pleased that i managed to get some appearance of depth with the tiny shadowing on all the bits

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i did a full on on canvas hermit crab today

TedHornsby
May 27, 2016

Refined Taste

Sid Vicious posted:

Aww. He's so cute!

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Sid Vicious posted:

Painting tip that will make your life easier - two pots of water, and about twice as much as you think you need. I use the big instant coffee jars

City of Glompton
Apr 21, 2014

the posters in this thread are all so talented! :love:

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i made a sea horse today, he's not as good as the crabs

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

City of Glompton posted:

the posters in this thread are all so talented! :love:

Go out and take a photo of something you think is cool and post it here!

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Made some more artwork for my game today:

Still need to do at least two more pieces to fill all the things Steam requires these days.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

:hmmyes:

----------------