Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
Got my IUD yanked out today. Good riddance. I'm glad I had it in my 20s but like... imagine picking up a handful of jacks and squeezing them in your hand, and that's how my uterus felt on and off every time I got my period. But despite my fears there were no complications at all, and the removal just felt like a weird internal pinch.

Actually - does everyone get that feeling when they clean way deep inside their belly button, like you're poking yourself right in some internal organ you're not normally able to feel? It was just like that, but sharper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

YeahTubaMike posted:

Sounds like a drat good trip, kind of.

The discomfort and constant needing to pee didn't start until we got back. It was a great trip!

poo poo I think she had that for 3 weeks before she went and got some antibiotics.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

showbiz_liz posted:

Got my IUD yanked out today. Good riddance. I'm glad I had it in my 20s but like... imagine picking up a handful of jacks and squeezing them in your hand, and that's how my uterus felt on and off every time I got my period. But despite my fears there were no complications at all, and the removal just felt like a weird internal pinch.

Actually - does everyone get that feeling when they clean way deep inside their belly button, like you're poking yourself right in some internal organ you're not normally able to feel? It was just like that, but sharper.

I have read every post in this thread. Not a single one has truly grossed me out but this...this is a travesty. :barf:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

hopeandjoy posted:

Jealous of all of you that can use internal period catching devices as I sit here changing pads every five seconds.

If I got sent back in time to talk to 13-year old me, I'd be like "you don't need to wear pads ever again because even though you bleed through a regular tampon in three minutes, superplus tampons exist & are perfect for you" and then pop right back into the present without telling her about 9/11, Trump, or coronavirus because I'd flat out forget.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Definitely called my mom in a panic the first time I started peeing blood lol

Another important UTI prevention tip: don't sleep in thong underwear!

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I wore a thong one time and it felt so gross & uncomfortable that I never did it again, kind of like the time I tried tweezing my eyebrows but stopped after one hair.

Every attempt I've made to be more feminine has been cursed. :smith:

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

YeahTubaMike posted:

I wore a thong one time and it felt so gross & uncomfortable that I never did it again, kind of like the time I tried tweezing my eyebrows but stopped after one hair.

Every attempt I've made to be more feminine has been cursed. :smith:

Your brows are probably awesome as is, but if you are unhappy with how they look, you should know that the sharp pain of plucking completely disappears in a fairly short time. It's like your body goes AAAAA for a little while, then goes ,"ok this is normal" once it's done a few times. Seriously, the fuss just
vanishes.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Pookah posted:

Your brows are probably awesome as is, but if you are unhappy with how they look, you should know that the sharp pain of plucking completely disappears in a fairly short time. It's like your body goes AAAAA for a little while, then goes ,"ok this is normal" once it's done a few times. Seriously, the fuss just
vanishes.

My eyebrows are, as far as I can tell, of reasonable quality. Even if they were like giant caterpillars on my face, I think I'd just leave them. They never did nothing to nobody.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

I find thongs useful for aesthetic purposes only, otherwise I'm out here in my breezy boyshorts living that UTI-free life. I did know girls on my hs cross country team who wore thongs even for our hella distance runs and it always baffled me

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I wear thongs pretty regularly but sleeping is purely boyshort country.

Also for the eyebrows can I recommend wax for your hair removal needs? I’m a masochist who loooves getting waxed, it’s like one big pluck! I’m so hyped for my first Brazilian come the end of the month.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

I miss getting my whole face threaded but I'm getting more comfortable with my thicker brows. To the point where I'm actively darkening them with brow powder for work every day because I think it looks better. Luv 2 be living in the thick brow renaissance

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

teen witch posted:

I wear thongs pretty regularly but sleeping is purely boyshort country.

Do people usually sleep in their underwear? Every once in a while, I'll sleep in some boyshorts & a tanktop, but I usually do a nightgown without undies if I'm not on my period.

quote:

Also for the eyebrows can I recommend wax for your hair removal needs? I’m a masochist who loooves getting waxed, it’s like one big pluck! I’m so hyped for my first Brazilian come the end of the month.

Oh jesus no. :gonk: You have fun with that though.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

YeahTubaMike posted:

Do people usually sleep in their underwear? Every once in a while, I'll sleep in some boyshorts & a tanktop, but I usually do a nightgown without undies if I'm not on my period.

Oh jesus no. :gonk: You have fun with that though.

I weirdly like sleeping in my underwear, even though I gotta let her breathe sometimes.

I will be doing a trip report on getting waxed I think.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
I like getting my eyebrows threaded. Not really something you can easily do to yourself though so it's been a while.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I sleep with underwear if I’m on my period or wearing a nightgown, mostly because I like my lower half covered.

YeahTubaMike posted:

If I got sent back in time to talk to 13-year old me, I'd be like "you don't need to wear pads ever again because even though you bleed through a regular tampon in three minutes, superplus tampons exist & are perfect for you" and then pop right back into the present without telling her about 9/11, Trump, or coronavirus because I'd flat out forget.

I wish this was the reason. I have vulval vestibulitis so I can’t use internal period products because coming into direct contact with or stretching my vestibule makes it feel like someone’s jamming burning knives into my vag.

Yes I do know it applies to tampons as well as speculums and fingers due to a traumatic beach trip attempt at age 15, why do you ask.

(All traumatic tampon stories stem from someone’s beach trip as a teenager from my experience.)

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

hopeandjoy posted:

vulval vestibulitis [...] jamming burning knives into my vag.

Yes I do know it applies to tampons as well as speculums and fingers due to a traumatic beach trip attempt at age 15, why do you ask.

:stonk: I'm sorry, that sounds horrible.

quote:

(All traumatic tampon stories stem from someone’s beach trip as a teenager from my experience.)

Now that I think of it, I've never been on the beach during my period, thank goodness.

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!
I finally read the whole thread!

I’ve got an implanon implant, just recently. Had them for about 10 years before having kids, then after kid one got mirena, got that out to have kid two and was keen to get back on implanon after that.

I always found my symptoms pretty mild while on implanon, and my periods stayed regular, but I am having the worst moods for pms and during the first couple of days of my period. I have only had two periods so far on it, and both times I was a sobbing mess at various intervals.

Is there anything I can use to help me regulate the moods a bit? I have an appointment with my gp to talk about it next week, but wanted to know if anyone had any experiences.

angry emu
Aug 25, 2011

I've been expecting my period for like two days. This morning there was a small amount of blood and I was like, "Ah, at last." Except I didn't bleed another drop after that and just had diarrhea and mad ovarian pain all god drat day. Period tomorrow maybe. I miss having exact 28 day cycles every month and not the "could be two or three or five days before or after you expect" that I've been getting. :argh:

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Unless it's my period in which case I wear my period britches I sleep buck rear end naked and my husband thinks I'm weird lol.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Boy I wish I could stop waking up to a blood spot on my bed at least once every single period.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

hopeandjoy posted:

Boy I wish I could stop waking up to a blood spot on my bed at least once every single period.

I've just started putting down a towel as a precaution.

candystarlight
Jun 5, 2017

hopeandjoy posted:

Bought a brand new mattress 3 days ago and of course what happens? Wake up with a blood spot today. Goddamn it.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

I think I'm getting a UTI now from being too busy for bathroom breaks at work :gonk:

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

We are syncing too powerfully in here.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
I thought I was getting a uti...turned out to be a kidney infection.

Couple months later I got a kidney stone. Opposite kidney as the infection. The upside was when I went to the ER they gave me a blanket that was pre-warmed. And morphine! Both of those things are great after you have been vomiting from pain for almost two hours

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

You should unsubscribe from your kidneys imo

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

But I need them to drink beer :(

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

hopeandjoy posted:

Seriously. The padded absorbent area goes from your pubes in the front all the way up your butt crack in the back. Wider than any pad too. Tampon commercials kept saying pads feel like wearing a diaper, and finally I was like, well why not try it? Better than any overnight pad, haven't had a night time leak since.

Obviously they are a little bulky and no good for stealth, but they are fine to wear overnight. Anybody in your bedroom who judges your feminine protection choices can jump off a bridge.

angry emu
Aug 25, 2011

Happy Landfill posted:

The upside was when I went to the ER they gave me a blanket that was pre-warmed.

Ooh I got pre-warmed blankets in the hospital once, that was good poo poo. They came out of some special cupboard that heated them up.

Similar to the the above post, I saw some disposable underwear in the shop last month but specifically for overnights during periods and tried them out because I bleed like a motherfucker and have ruined many a sheet. I felt kinda stupid at first but they were effective and don't go moving about like normal overnight pads do, so I would recommend. Mine were Kotex brand.

Period started today finally. Trash.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

YeahTubaMike posted:

My eyebrows are, as far as I can tell, of reasonable quality. Even if they were like giant caterpillars on my face, I think I'd just leave them. They never did nothing to nobody.

Oh they are great! Lovely arc and naturally tidy , I'd leave those the heck alone.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

candystarlight posted:

Bought a brand new mattress 3 days ago and of course what happens? Wake up with a blood spot today. Goddamn it.

Having lived with both myself and unspayed female dogs, I couldn't bring myself to sleep on this shiny new mattress without a protective sheet under the regular sheet. This one is supposedly bamboo and aloe? I don't care as long as it keeps the spots off the unwashable bit!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Oh gods that reminds me as a stupid kid, seeing our unspayed dog wearing old underwear and thinking: Man, that has to suck, I'm so glad that'll never happen to me, people don't go into heat!

This was a few years before the sex talk. Ah, time gets her revenge on us all.

candystarlight
Jun 5, 2017

Nettle Soup posted:

Having lived with both myself and unspayed female dogs, I couldn't bring myself to sleep on this shiny new mattress without a protective sheet under the regular sheet. This one is supposedly bamboo and aloe? I don't care as long as it keeps the spots off the unwashable bit!

Very sound advise from a very smart person. Didn't even consider that till you said it even though my old mattress had one. This new bed is a new size and I definitely just now Prime One Day'd new protectors so thank you!

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe

hopeandjoy posted:

I legit bought dark brown sheets because of this

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I have somehow managed to have Manic Panic Vampire Red in my hair for lo these eight months past without absolutely losing my poo poo over the color bleed, but I do now have four pairs of black satin sheets as a result and recommend them to anyone. Luxury! Sensuality! Hides stains!

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

I'm getting pretty loving sick of having painful rear end tits for a full week before every period.

it's not great for the ol' gender dysphoria and besides that it just plain sucks poo poo. I should start saving up the money to get them yeeted anyway. By the time I save up the cash for it maybe covid will be a thing of the past.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

candystarlight posted:

Very sound advise from a very smart person. Didn't even consider that till you said it even though my old mattress had one. This new bed is a new size and I definitely just now Prime One Day'd new protectors so thank you!

Aww :3: Glad I could help!

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Tender titties make the stairs unpleasant :(

angry emu
Aug 25, 2011

I feel like I have to pee waaay more often during my period even though I'm not drinking more water than usual. I don't know if this is a common thing or just a random tragic quirk of my body, but it is super annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

angry emu posted:

I feel like I have to pee waaay more often during my period even though I'm not drinking more water than usual. I don't know if this is a common thing or just a random tragic quirk of my body, but it is super annoying.

Same here! I wonder if there's enough menstrual tissue to put pressure on the bladder.