Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Real hurthling! posted:

People keep creating 14yo's

hosed up if true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

MK11 is already showing up as SX-upgraded, but I can't really tell the difference. Maybe it's just the resolution bump and proper enhancements will arrive with Ultimate next week. You can still see low-res shadows on faces.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zat posted:

Have you tried this yet (from
https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/storage/manage-storage )

"If you cancel formatting when you connect a storage device, you can set it up later:
1. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide, and then select Profile & system > Settings > System > Storage.
2. Select your device then select Format."

I’ll give it a shot, but every time I selected it the options haven’t included format as an option. Actually in line getting some new cables to see if that might help. When even trying to set it as a capture device (not that I want that) it said the device is too slow and isn’t usb 3.0. Figured it’s worth a shot on that end...upside of being 10 minutes from a Microcenter.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Blue Footed Booby posted:

hosed up if true

Every day across the globe thousands of future 14 year olds are born

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anyone seen anymore stock of these go up anywherea

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zat posted:

Have you tried this yet (from
https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/storage/manage-storage )

"If you cancel formatting when you connect a storage device, you can set it up later:
1. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide, and then select Profile & system > Settings > System > Storage.
2. Select your device then select Format."

Update. Holy poo poo it worked! Well I think it was the cable being wrong but now I have the format option!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hell yeah, xCloud coming to Japan this month!

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Yakuza 7 is awesome. The longest load screen is about .5 seconds. Going from the old xbox one to the series X is crazy. I downloaded skate 3 tetris and some other small games to try out quick resume and that's an amazing feature as well. I believe it's just utilizing the one x upgrade but drat going from the one to the series for Skate 3 is crazy. It's so clear and crisp.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I picked up a cheap copy of Red Dead Redemption 1 today and installed it to my SeX and holy poo poo it looks amazing in 4K. :monocle:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Are the servers slow as hell for anyone else?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MarcusSA posted:

Possibly a lot of preloads for COD. I know that's me....and like 45 games.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

MarcusSA posted:

yeah I’ve been getting under 20mbps for the last 24 hours, it’s bad

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Glad to see the capture/share system is still utter garbage even on the new machines. Trying to share or trim a video just straight up crashes the app 50% of the time. SDR content is super crushed and HDR content fails the conversion for posting.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Kaboobi posted:

yeah I’ve been getting under 20mbps for the last 24 hours, it’s bad

I was stuck at 35Mb downloading Forza stuff until I tried to actually play a game, then it jolted itself out of some weird low speed mode and started d/ling at full speed again. Maybe a coincidence. I wonder if CDN's started throttling at some point.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Crap cellphone pic but you can see the difference if you queue things up overnight. The few hours before this log were around 10g/hr.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
The series X is quite good. I'm glad I bought this silly thing. I hope they add ray tracing to Minecraft.

Arkage
Aug 10, 2008

Things fall apart;
the centre cannot hold
drat I wish I would've held off on playing Sekiro until getting this. Smooth 60, much faster load times makes it a dream. Really don't know if I have it in me to do another playthrough though, was a struggle bus for some of those loving bosses.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

For whatever reason if the dl speed plummets Ive had incredible success pausing then restarting. Yakuza 7's patch was downloading at 20 kilobytes per second and then after reset jumped back up to 50mbps

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

DoomTrainPhD posted:

The series X is quite good. I'm glad I bought this silly thing. I hope they add ray tracing to Minecraft.

Wasn’t that demo material back ages ago? Might be something that’s already quite far along.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

EL BROMANCE posted:

Wasn’t that demo material back ages ago? Might be something that’s already quite far along.

https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/updates/ray-tracing

it's in open beta testing right now.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

EL BROMANCE posted:

Even on PC, you have to be in a special beta, and then you have to load up a special world with ray tracing. I don't know if it's possible to generate a world on your own with ray tracing enabled.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

I have to say that just the loading speed difference for fortnite is worth it.
So quiet. So slick. No real complaints.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
I’ve been playing the next gen 2K and it’s really a game changer. There are no load times anymore. The graphics are amazing and my career is super fun. It really feels like the first next gen game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Biodome posted:

I’ve been playing the next gen 2K and it’s really a game changer. There are no load times anymore. The graphics are amazing and my career is super fun. It really feels like the first next gen game.

I have been considering picking this one up, and I am looking forward to seeing next gen Madden 21.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Arkage posted:

drat I wish I would've held off on playing Sekiro until getting this. Smooth 60, much faster load times makes it a dream. Really don't know if I have it in me to do another playthrough though, was a struggle bus for some of those loving bosses.

I’m playing it for the first time in series x, and it feels amazingly fluid. It’s also great to flip to another game using suspend resume when I get killed for the fiftieth time in a row.

I can go from getting murdered by samurai to murdering civilians in GTA 5 in literally under 10 seconds.

One annoying thing, like all the previous souls games (and suspend/resume last gen) sekiro logs you out of the server after a while of idling so you get booted back to the menu screen if you leave it between sessions. Might go into offline mode to avoid this

Hoppin Tin
Mar 5, 2004

SURFS UP BRO!
Fun Shoe

MarcusSA posted:

I thought I was the only one. Been taking ages to download things. Mostly noticed when it's in sleep mode. I come back a few hours later and see a bunch of failed installs and data barely moving on the active downloads.

I've had to basically nurse each download. Stop. Resume. Hope this is only temporary.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
I was having problems last night but downloads seem to be speedy this morning for me. Have you rebooted your Xbox?

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Hoppin Tin posted:

I've had to basically nurse each download. Stop. Resume. Hope this is only temporary.

It is temporary - there's just a lot of people downloading a lot of games and upgrading existing games right now. Get it all going overnight that should sort it, seems to pick up then. It's worse than this at Christmas

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Wait so I can't just plug my SSD from my Xbox one X into my series X and all my games will work?

What the gently caress?

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Laserface posted:

Wait so I can't just plug my SSD from my Xbox one X into my series X and all my games will work?

What the gently caress?

Not just work, but work better!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Have we talked about the fact that MS’ digital-only console only has 360ish GB of useable storage? Because that’s just incredible.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Laserface posted:

What the gently caress?

You can. Everything works the same as on your Xbox One X. The only thing you can't do with external storage is play Series X|S games, but you can store them.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Have we talked about the fact that MS’ digital-only console only has 360ish GB of useable storage? Because that’s just incredible.

Yeah, I think that as things sit right now, it’s a bigger problem than the GPU. Good news is it’s easy to add more storage in a hardware refresh. It’s harder for them to add more GPU, so if devs don’t want to think about it as a target then they’ll just stop selling it in 3 years.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Zerot posted:

You can. Everything works the same as on your Xbox One X. The only thing you can't do with external storage is play Series X|S games, but you can store them.

Does that mean that there is a bunch of people buying series X that didn't have bones itt? Everyone redownloading poo poo seems to suggest that.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Twerk from Home posted:

It’s harder for them to add more GPU, so if devs don’t want to think about it as a target then they’ll just stop selling it in 3 years.

Future games still have to work on existing S Boxes though.

Laserface posted:

Does that mean that there is a bunch of people buying series X that didn't have bones itt? Everyone redownloading poo poo seems to suggest that.

This will be me when I finally find an online place that's not out of stock.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Laserface posted:

Not everybody had an external SSD on there, but I’m rapidly fixing that thanks to the threads advice to get an internal drive and put it in an enclosure.

John F Bennett posted:

Future games still have to work on existing S Boxes though.

Do we think MS would block a game from releasing where the Series S version runs 30fps at 720p?

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Laserface posted:

Some suckers didn't even have external drives, some people were too lazy to transfer from internal to external to take it to their new console, some were waiting to try games on the new console (i did this for sekiro, just downloaded it once my x landed) - but I imagine the vast majority is people downloading series X optimized versions - and people going gamepass crazy now they got a new console and are spending some time on it.

FlamingLiberal posted:

The series S games are a bit smaller, but this really isn't enough without an external drive thats for sure. Especially with gamepass

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Also again remember you can turn on network transfer on both old and new Xboxes and transfer most stuff across your local network.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Laserface posted:

Games that are Xbox Series X|S Enhanced have to be upgraded to support the new features. For example, my copy of Dirt 5 had to download like 60gb of stuff before I could play it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Don't have an X on order yet but holy hell on tracking a couple of somewhat related packages I need from Amazon first it looks like the launch of two consoles broke them and UPS given the keystone cop tracking.