Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

As Nero Danced posted:

Is that a tribute to Picasso?

Cristiano ronaldo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
It appears that Donnie's Arizona "Marking Device" lawsuit is being run by a real brain genius.

https://twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/status/1326929342543310851

https://twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/status/1326932348349374469

"everyone signed these affidavits to confirm they were legit, then we tossed the obvious bad ones"

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Finally an excuse to justify .458 socom.

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

facialimpediment posted:

It appears that Donnie's Arizona "Marking Device" lawsuit is being run by a real brain genius.

https://twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/status/1326929342543310851

https://twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/status/1326932348349374469

"everyone signed these affidavits to confirm they were legit, then we tossed the obvious bad ones"

cumshitter posted:

i dont think trump has the best laywers

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

I can't find that picture of the deformed dude goons always post but that statue looks exactly like him.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

corey lewendowski or however you spell his stupid name has the covid

get hosed

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MA-Horus posted:

get hosed

https://twitter.com/nbcnews/status/1326940174962585609?s=21

The lols keep on coming.

Also anyone seen Pence recently or is he just off sucking mothers toes?

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

my kinda ape posted:

I can't find that picture of the deformed dude goons always post but that statue looks exactly like him.

Brian Peppers?

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Wait, are these from their dumbass online tip thing? Because I want the picture I sent of three inappropriate old men voting for the lemon party to be introduced into court.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

MA-Horus posted:

get hosed

COVID's on loving fire, but I will never not celebrate when some shitter gets it.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

The gators are one of the only things I miss from Florida, despite being huge apex predators they're mostly pretty chill. I used to kayak a lot and never once did they seem to give a poo poo about me paddling around. It's reasonable to expect pretty much every fresh body of water to have at least one gator in it in Florida.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Gators are awesome and every Golf course should be forced to have them.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I’m sure the alligator could manage something smaller you don’t need to max out the size for their claws.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Sacrist65 posted:

Brian Peppers?

Yes! Thank you.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

CommieGIR posted:

Gators are awesome and every Golf course should be forced to have them.

As someone who grew up in Florida and first job was a lawn bitch at a golf course, no. They are chill because they eat the local chuds dogs. Local chuds suck but dogs don’t deserve that.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Gators rule. Don’t get wine drunk and wade out to one, though.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Getting your dog eaten by a gator is definitely some snowbird or retiree level of ignorance of Florida. Especially if you have a backyard up against water but don't have a fence.

Though to be fair I don't think I've ever noticed a "Beware: Alligators" sign there but most people correctly assumed they were there anyway.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LingcodKilla posted:

I’m sure the alligator could manage something smaller you don’t need to max out the size for their claws.

:golfclap:

In more sobering news I was looking over stuff at Wikipedia, and congrats Trump you managed to do even what the Confederates, Nazis/Imperial Japan/Italy, the Kaiser, and the VC never could do.

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

stealie72 posted:

Wait, are these from their dumbass online tip thing? Because I want the picture I sent of three inappropriate old men voting for the lemon party to be introduced into court.

nah its from CSPAM, but its only 1-2 steps away from what was actually introduced:

quote:

A third poll watcher noticed that when absentee ballots came in from military personnel, many showed votes for Democrats. He found that odd.

“I can estimate that at least 80% of military ballots I saw were straight ticket Democrat or simply had Joe Biden’s name filled in on them,” the man wrote. “I had always been told that military people tended to be conservative, so this stuck out to me."

quote:

Inside Detroit’s absentee-ballot-counting center, one Republican poll watcher complained that workers were wearing Black Lives Matter gear. She thought one of them — a “man of intimidating size” — had followed her too closely.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/michigan--poll-watcher-affidavits/2020/11/11/4d073d7a-2447-11eb-a688-5298ad5d580a_story.html

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
https://twitter.com/Crosscut/status/1326913647302627329

"PROVE YOU CAN'T PAY RENT, SERF!"

Xenoborg
Mar 10, 2007

MazelTovCocktail posted:

:golfclap:

In more sobering news I was looking over stuff at Wikipedia, and congrats Trump you managed to do even what the Confederates, Nazis/Imperial Japan/Italy, the Kaiser, and the VC never could do.

gently caress Trump and Covid, but what are comparing to? ~0.08% of the US population has died of Covid.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

As someone who grew up in Florida and first job was a lawn bitch at a golf course, no. They are chill because they eat the local chuds dogs. Local chuds suck but dogs don’t deserve that.

So....chuds ignore the leash laws and its the gators fault?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Xenoborg posted:

gently caress Trump and Covid, but what are comparing to? ~0.08% of the US population has died of Covid.

Deaths per days. Sorry should have been clearer. Also this is total deaths, not even combat (which is lower), so it includes everything from Fritz to botulism from a tin can in the Pacific. Admittedly Rona has been shorter, but even then the deaths in one year on average are far larger and may even wind up being, even if corona ends by 2021/2020.

CommieGIR posted:

So....chuds ignore the leash laws and its the gators fault?

My old rule of thumb is you don’t blame a dog for its owner being an rear end in a top hat. Lots of good dogs have come to us and others by formerly being owned by pricks. Not to knock gators, but I’m going to give the benefit to the dogs, but that’s my own bias.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Nov 12, 2020

Meshka
Nov 27, 2016

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Deaths per days. Sorry should have been clearer. Also this is total deaths, not even combat (which is lower), so it includes everything from Fritz to botulism from a tin can in the Pacific. Admittedly Rona has been shorter, but even then the deaths in one year on average are far larger and may even wind up being, even if corona ends by 2021/2020.

My old rule of thumb is you don’t blame a dog for its owner being an rear end in a top hat. Lots of good dogs have come to us and others by formerly being owned by pricks. Not to knock gators, but I’m going to give the benefit to the dogs, but that’s my own bias.

Population wise, Europe has almost the same death rate as United States. This has nothing to do with Trump, but how Western societies operate and how each sub entity (us governor/eu national leader) responds.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Plenty of good doggos but the deaths are the chuds fault, not the dogs or the gators. And he's just having a walk.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Feed the chuds to the gators, check

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Meshka posted:

Population wise, Europe has almost the same death rate as United States. This has nothing to do with Trump, but how Western societies operate and how each sub entity (us governor/eu national leader) responds.

I think it has a fair amount to do with Trump and his gross incompetence. But my point was more to the fact that even in the darkest days of all America’s conflicts, in a very raw and emotional sense, Covid is still killing more Americans then our enemies or military bureaucracy per day ever could do and it’s not even close. I’ll freely admit the numbers when adjusted and compared in a more scientific context may not bare out, but it’s still a hell of thing.

CommieGIR posted:

Plenty of good doggos but the deaths are the chuds fault, not the dogs or the gators. And he's just having a walk.

I agree, but I don’t think it’s fair that they suffer the fate for the owners incompetence. But I was referring to that situation vs a gator just out for a walk.

Also...

RFC2324 posted:

Seconded.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Nov 12, 2020

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

RFC2324 posted:

Thirded, none apposed.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh and I know Simpson memes are more GBS, but in the interest of a much needed laugh.

Meshka
Nov 27, 2016

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I think it has a fair amount to do with Trump and his gross incompetence. But my point was more to the fact that even in the darkest days of all America’s conflicts, in a very raw and emotional sense, Covid is still killing more Americans then our enemies or military bureaucracy per day ever could do and it’s not even close. I’ll freely admit the numbers when adjusted and compared in a more scientific context may not bare out, but it’s still a hell of thing.

I agree, if he took this seriously from the beginning, a lot of people who listen to him would have taken it seriously as well. But I don't know if it would have made that much of a difference. This is a first massive worldwide flu pandemic in a very long time and I don't know if there is anything we can really do to stop it now. I would really like to find out if China faked their numbers or if they really controlled it.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Meshka posted:

:chloe:

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Administratively, how do you prove unemployment?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

tax take?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Woofer posted:

Administratively, how do you prove unemployment?

I think it's usually, proof of loss of job, and then evidence of searching for a job. That said the last step has been suspended in PA since March.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Nov 12, 2020

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Reuters reporting the Director of CISA expects to be fired after debunking GOP election conspiracy theories on Twitter. https://mobile.twitter.com/jamiedupree/status/1326965009960808450

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Soylent Pudding posted:

Reuters reporting the Director of CISA expects to be fired after debunking GOP election conspiracy theories on Twitter. https://mobile.twitter.com/jamiedupree/status/1326965009960808450

looking at his tweets, yeah he's absolutely fired. Anyone who does not worship the orange god's mushroom gets got.

For the record as a cybersecurity guy, Chris Krebs actually really knows his poo poo in that arena. Him getting canned will actually measurably hurt the US.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Nov 12, 2020

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Meshka posted:

I agree, if he took this seriously from the beginning, a lot of people who listen to him would have taken it seriously as well. But I don't know if it would have made that much of a difference. This is a first massive worldwide flu pandemic in a very long time and I don't know if there is anything we can really do to stop it now. I would really like to find out if China faked their numbers or if they really controlled it.

It would have made a tremendous difference, especially early on.

Like, the thing about China lying? This is why we have an intelligence service. We've poured untold billions into the NSA, CIA, and DIA budgets, and any intelligence coming from China would have almost certainly picked up on the developing pandemic, and how much to worry about it. But Trump, a man who doesn't bother to read his own intelligence briefings, ignored any bad news about the pandemic and how it might effect the US, and instead took Xi at his word. We could have been pushing to allow US doctors into Wuhan from the very beginning, providing humanitarian aid, while also learning more about the disease and how to treat it when it inevitably came to our shores. We could have had more effective testing and contact tracing ready to go, to help snuff out outbreaks before they got big. We could have done screenings at airports and ports of entry, coordinated with nations across the globe to develop best practices and messaging.

But we didn't. We didn't, because the administration believe something like this would happen and didn't care if it did, and now we're drowning in our own dead.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

The poo poo was prominent in the PDB as far back as December, according to the news, but Donnie didn't read it at all, preferring instead his own narrative that it's a small thing and it will go away. We see now where that got us.

The cat is well and truly out of the bag, we could go into lockdown for 6 months and everything would still be on fire, because massive, uncontrolled community spread is just the way of things in the US now. Even if you went into full lockdown, half of fuckers won't wear a mask because they believe it's a restriction of their freedoms or they've got some bullshit card they whipped up on their computer saying masks give them anxiety.

The only way this gets under control will probably be a massive, widespread vaccination campaign, if we have the capacity to deploy it, and if fuckers actually get the vaccine. According to the latest polling numbers, only somewhere like 48% of people in the US would take a COVID vaccine if it was offered, because they believe all of the vaccines for covid are unsafe and are being fast-tracked too quickly to measure for side effects/complications, which yes they are being fast tracked, because everything is on loving fire.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Nov 12, 2020

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Acebuckeye13 posted:

It would have made a tremendous difference, especially early on.

Like, the thing about China lying? This is why we have an intelligence service. We've poured untold billions into the NSA, CIA, and DIA budgets, and any intelligence coming from China would have almost certainly picked up on the developing pandemic, and how much to worry about it. But Trump, a man who doesn't bother to read his own intelligence briefings, ignored any bad news about the pandemic and how it might effect the US, and instead took Xi at his word. We could have been pushing to allow US doctors into Wuhan from the very beginning, providing humanitarian aid, while also learning more about the disease and how to treat it when it inevitably came to our shores. We could have had more effective testing and contact tracing ready to go, to help snuff out outbreaks before they got big. We could have done screenings at airports and ports of entry, coordinated with nations across the globe to develop best practices and messaging.

But we didn't. We didn't, because the administration believe something like this would happen and didn't care if it did, and now we're drowning in our own dead.

The part where Kushner et al decided that this would really only hurt democrat (black) cities and leave the countryside relatively unaffected up to and including seizing medal equipment should get all their asses sent to the Hague for trial on crimes against humanity and attempted genocide but no way the US ever yields that degree of sovereignty even if Biden cared about accountability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Oh and I know Simpson memes are more GBS, but in the interest of a much needed laugh.

:lol:

Perfect.