Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

ObamaAkbar. posted:

You earlier said that you read DB as scum so a bit confused that you are now stepping away from him now that he is -1?

I don’t see any problem with a DB PMush scum team, given that PMush was obviously vanilla scum it’s conceivable that the decision was made to push her over DB like steak suggested

I'm not stepping away from anything? I was pretty clear when I did my incredibly rushed post before my calls started that I had a problem with my initial read.

Well, I feel a bit dumb now, I wrote the below and only then thought to check if the votes matched my memory of how it went down...

My feeling is not that it was a PMush DB choice and the scum team made a choice, it's that a lot of scummy players posted that they didn't like the PMush execution and they preferred a DB lunch. I am much more confident in my scum reads of those players because of their scummy posting and there are more than enough of them that I think it's a concerted effort to push away from their buddy.

I get DB's posting is scummy, I just can't get my head around a scumteam not proposing another candidate if DB and PMush were scum together.

OK, I just checked the VF post for the end of the day, I guess DB and PMush were really the only credible candidates, maybe I'm overthinking this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
It would be a mistake for town to lunch me.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Dick Bastardly posted:

It would be a mistake for town to lunch me.

DB you’re at -1 rn. Got a claim? Cause bows the time. Why would it be a mistake to lunch you?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

*nows

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I have an extremely pro-town candy I received last night.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

That doesn’t give much information at all.

You need to be more specific, the odds of you surviving a night kill are up in the air, but your lunch sure looks drat likely to happen, and that’s a certain death.

The value of a power role in and of itself isn’t there this game really, since every town has had two opportunities to draw something other than vanilla.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
The candy made me a permanent alignment cop.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Lol

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

OK now I'm certain it's DB, get'em outta here.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Db can you still trick or treat and keep the cop role?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

i'm not kidding but it is kinda funny in a sick tragic way i guess

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Who did you cop N2 DB?

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Dick Bastardly posted:

The candy made me a permanent alignment cop.

I don't believe this is a role in the same game that we also had this:

JOHN CENA posted:

Sandwolf, Dog-Emerging-From-Stomach-Thing, has died on Night Two.

quote:

You are TOWN-ALIGNED! You win when all threats to Town are completely eliminated!

You got a FUN SIZED CRUNCH COP BAR! At night, you can ##Cop a player to learn their alignment. This is a single use ability.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

sandnavyguy posted:

Who did you cop N2 DB?

Good question

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Scientastic posted:

I don't believe this is a role in the same game that we also had this:

[/quote]

Me either.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Though fun size gives me pause Sci.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

DB if you got a full sized candy bar you're legally obligated to tell us what house you got it from.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Idle Amalgam posted:

Db can you still trick or treat and keep the cop role?

I'm awaiting mod clarification on that as the pm didn't specify.

sandnavyguy posted:

Who did you cop N2 DB?

I just received the candy last night as a result of trick or treating, so I haven't had a chance to use it yet. I got a vanilla candy that did nothing the night before.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Dick Bastardly posted:

I just received the candy last night as a result of trick or treating, so I haven't had a chance to use it yet. I got a vanilla candy that did nothing the night before.

Lol the ol' "awaiting mod clarification"

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Dick Bastardly posted:

Idle Amalgam posted:

Lol the ol' "awaiting mod clarification"

I checked the OP because I thought I read at one point that powers are replaced if a player chooses to trick or treat again (no verbage on perma-powers specifically) I assume the perma-power if replaced as well. I don't plan on trick or treating again for as long as I survive. Here's the mods post that I was directed to:

JOHN CENA posted:

a few of you had this question so here is the answer: if you currently possess a role and choose to go trick or treating, you lose the current role. they don't stack.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
I was trying to catch you lying about this, ready to quote that post, and have been bested.

Oh well! I still don't believe you.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Idle Amalgam posted:

I was trying to catch you lying about this, ready to quote that post, and have been bested.

Oh well! I still don't believe you.

ok

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

sandnavyguy posted:

Though fun size gives me pause Sci.

Yeah, I thought about that, but look at Hum's flip:

quote:

You are TOWN-ALIGNED! You win when all threats to Town are completely eliminated!

You have received some TWIX TRACKER! You can ##TRACK a player at night to see who they visit that evening. This is a single use ability.

There's no mention of fun-size or anything there, and that's a one-shot too, so I don't think we can draw a conclusion about fun-size meaning anything.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Here’s the thing, there are indeed multi use perm abilities. I can confirm this.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
my candy was Purple Flavored Perma-Cop

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"fun size crunch cop bar" certainly gives me pause before flatly disbelieving db's claim, tho i have a hard time in setup-spec land believing a default twix "tracker" bar would just be single-use but the much more powerful cop bar would come with an even more buffed variety

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I think the fun size is just flavour. I got a 2 shot power N1 and it's just listed a normal candy.
I think the claimed ability coupled with the N1 "vanilla candy" is way too convenient. Unless someone else got a vanilla candy on either night I don't buy it at all

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sandwolf (flipped town) claimed vanilla candy result on day 2

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
and now scum will send wave after wave of assassins after me day and night until I am dead lol

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Also no way someone has the self control to get a vanilla candy in this game N1 and not immediately start bitching about it d2

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mr. Steak posted:

sandwolf (flipped town) claimed vanilla candy result on day 2

Hmm, well that does change things. Although he claimed it before DB

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
db, instead of convincing us you have a certain power which the OP states is alignment-neutral, i think you should focus on scumhunting. or at the very least give reasons why we should think you're town

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I received VANILLA Gumdrops the previous night

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

sandnavyguy posted:

Here’s the thing, there are indeed multi use perm abilities. I can confirm this.

No, I have no problem believing that there are perma-roles, I got a spectacularly lovely one last night which I will be changing tonight. I'm not saying that, I just don't think that we can draw a conclusion about a one-shot cop being fun-size and therefore lending weight to a perma-cop.

I have doubts that a mod would have a one-shot cop role that could go out to potentially multiple players (I'm guessing if everything is RNGed, we can have the same role going out to more than one player) AND a perma-cop role.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Lmao DB you did this exact same fake claim last game, I don’t believe that two cop candies would be handed out at the same time

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ok lets nix the setup spec.

JOHN CENA posted:

And no role is exclusive to alignment, anyone could get any role. Get one you don't like? Just ##TrickOrTreat again instead. Fun!

db lets concede that you recieved a perma-cop candy. you are still scum.

what say you?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Retro Futurist posted:

Also no way someone has the self control to get a vanilla candy in this game N1 and not immediately start bitching about it d2

I purposefully didn't want to allude to candy at all for fear that scum would target me so I didn't mention I was vanilla because I thought scum would think I was bluffing and do bad things to me at night or day, such as killing me or lunching me.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Lmao DB you did this exact same fake claim last game, I don’t believe that two cop candies would be handed out at the same time

it's crazy how the mod/rng/fate works but I am now a townie, suspected of being scum, claiming cop. I don't care so much how it looks now, but if/when I flip, that'll put things a little closer into perspective for town to carry on and win.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Mr. Steak posted:

ok lets nix the setup spec.

db lets concede that you recieved a perma-cop candy. you are still scum.

what say you?

All I can say is: I am not scum. I will use my cop power to town's benefit every night from now till end game or until scum kills me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
on the off chance there is a doc out there, scum will really try to get the lunch done. whoever hammers, and when they do, is key to unlocking this mystery