Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Dick, are you willing to put yourself to a test? Tonight you should cop either me or RF, one of the two vote leads other than yourself.

If your result is scum, you’re safe. We lunch the person you chose.

If they flip scum, you are confirmed.

If they flip town, we lunch you next. It’s a 1-1 scum trade that’s still in towns favor to be rid of you, and if you’re town then this won’t happen.

If your result is town, we turbo you.

If you are town, This seems bad, but is a full confirmation of one of the almost certain lunch candidates for D4 and D5, and will confirm them as town.

Other townies, sanity check me, but I think this is a good set up. I’ve gotta think someone some where has a protective role they can lend to grease the wheels. Just don’t say it if you do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
cal me crazy, but i dont think i care about having a cop db in the game longer anyway. we'll never believe him enough to unify around a result claim anyway

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

##unvote I'm not convinced DB is innocent but we've finally got some real conversation going so I'd prefer to avoid a sudden hammer for now.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

sandnavyguy posted:

Dick, are you willing to put yourself to a test? Tonight you should cop either me or RF, one of the two vote leads other than yourself.

If they flip town, we lunch you next. It’s a 1-1 scum trade that’s still in towns favor to be rid of you, and if you’re town then this won’t happen.

If you are town, This seems bad, but is a full confirmation of one of the almost certain lunch candidates for D4 and D5, and will confirm them as town.

Other townies, sanity check me, but I think this is a good set up. I’ve gotta think someone some where has a protective role they can lend to grease the wheels. Just don’t say it if you do.

I TOLD YOU SNG WAS SCUM

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

And if you’re wondering my alternative for today’s lunch it would be none, pending something drastic. Of course, there’s a full day to keep scumhunting in that case and find a better candidate.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

No I don't see any reason to go without a lunch entirely.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Scientastic posted:

I TOLD YOU SNG WAS SCUM

I’m not! I’m TRYING to set up a town gambit. Can you tell me why it’s flawed so we can move on then? Cause unlike you I don’t *have* to keep searching I have a drat vital candy.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

##vote sandnavyguy

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Mr. Steak posted:

cal me crazy, but i dont think i care about having a cop db in the game longer anyway. we'll never believe him enough to unify around a result claim anyway

Not sure about this, I'm not sold on DB's claim, but if you believe it, we don't need to believe his results claims at the very moment he makes them, but assuming he dies at some point and flips town cop, that informs us a lot.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

sandnavyguy posted:

I like staying alive so I'm willing to commit to whatever will get me to the next cycle, but if I correctly clear a town I get lunched as a sacrifice? We lose a town player regardless of outcome it seems if my math is right on that. I never claimed to be smart but i don't think this plan is a net-plus for town.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
db, i recommend giving your detailed thoughts on RF. and any other who might be pinging you. as detailed as possible. you seem fairly resolved to your fate so thats the least you can do to help town, rather than waste a ton of posts emptily trying to convince us you have a certain power role. which amounts to nothing

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

I swear when I flip town y’all better lunch the hell out of Sci.

Dick Bastardly posted:

I like staying alive so I'm willing to commit to whatever will get me to the next cycle, but if I correctly clear a town I get lunched as a sacrifice? We lose a town player regardless of outcome it seems if my math is right on that. I never claimed to be smart but i don't think this plan is a net-plus for town.

This is the corollary to what I did as town in Anime mafia. I was a cop and used it in this exact scenario the way I’m telling you and it worked, it cleared Sci himself last game.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Scientastic posted:

I TOLD YOU SNG WAS SCUM

did sng just slip by disregarding the possibility that himself, rf, and db are all town?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Mr. Steak posted:

did sng just slip by disregarding the possibility that himself, rf, and db are all town?

What? No. Of course you could all be town. What did I say to make you think otherwise?

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Mr. Steak posted:

also worth noting is that we ended the day w pmush's execution VERY early, by our standards. i suspect that scum wasn't even worried about being hammered because of town's tendency to chicken out on anything until its 30 minutes til deadline.

tbh if i was scum with pmush and db in that situation i would have recommended my team to play it cool and let town shift away from them naturally. it would have come as a huge shock that town would be willing to hammer someone with 2 days left before deadline. so i doubt scum was doing any sort of coordination at the time

Yep, there have been many wild last-minute swings off of someone who later flipped scum. I saw pmush claimed lynchbomb, and Sandwolf said I should hammer. I figured at worst, I die and people thinking Im scum are wrong and move on. At best, we got scum. And I thought Lynchbomb was a role scum would really want in a position they were about to die. I was scum in a previous game where one of us attempted to deflect heat from our about to be killed buddy, and ended up the lunch. This is a case where I see that happening.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Why would we go after Sci immediately if you're town sng? They did a lot to lead the lunch on Pmush, I'd need more than one bad call on a lunch to believe they're scum at this point..

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I really think everybody should be jumping from DB to SNG for today's lunch.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sandnavyguy posted:

What? No. Of course you could all be town. What did I say to make you think otherwise?

interesting use of the word "you" here...... :allears:

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Lmao if yall dont kill db again. Wtf

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

I’m saying, simply, that DB should cop the second runner up. I’m banking on him not dying tonight.

Then in the morning we hope for a Scum result, and operate accordingly.

How the hell does that make me scum?

And as the runner up rn if RF doesn’t get traction is me, then yeah, I’d prefer a no lunch.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Mr. Steak posted:

db, i recommend giving your detailed thoughts on RF. and any other who might be pinging you. as detailed as possible. you seem fairly resolved to your fate so thats the least you can do to help town, rather than waste a ton of posts emptily trying to convince us you have a certain power role. which amounts to nothing

My thoughts on RF are this: RF and Pmush had barely if any real interaction or even crossing opinions as they both were scum faking their way through the game. Same can be said for IA imo. RF gave Pmush a soft defense near the end and although I, myself, wasn't totally convinced of Pmush's guilt and my read of her was also off. So the point about RF's defense is weak now until after I flip. I feel it benefits town to commit it to a post now to look back on later.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
no im badgering sng but i very much want to keep voting db today

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

sandnavyguy posted:

I’m not! I’m TRYING to set up a town gambit. Can you tell me why it’s flawed so we can move on then? Cause unlike you I don’t *have* to keep searching I have a drat vital candy.

Scenario 1: DB is town and a cop, this is too easy to game for scum.

Godfather candy could exist. So DB cops someone who is scum and has this (let's say someone who proposed the plan, perhaps) and clears them, and you say TURBO DB
Your scumteam RB DB. So you say HOW CONVENIENT, LET'S TURBO DB
Busdriver candy could exist. So you ask DB to cop you, but you busdrive him to a townie, TURBO DB
Framer candy could exist. So you ask DB to cop someone who you then frame, he claims them as scum, we execute them and they flip town, you say TURBO DB

Even if you're not scum, it's a terrible plan, because even if you aren't already thinking to do any of these things, scum could be, and there could be loads of other candy that does stuff I've not thought of.

Scenario 2: He's scum, he can just lie because he knows who is scum and who is town.

So he can either get a townie executed, by claiming they're scum
Or he can get a buddy executed, and you claim DB IS CONFIRMED

We really don't want to be playing night action bingo, there are so many scummy posts that we could actually try to draw conclusions from instead of trying to solve the game like a logic puzzle

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky
##vote DB I don't think so.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

##Vote SNG

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Mr. Steak posted:

interesting use of the word "you" here...... :allears:

Steak, I’m trying to come up with something so we don’t blindly lunch the guy that may in fact be our last cop.
People are sus enough At me I will be left alive as a lunch candidate, so I’m not worried about a night kill. Thus my sweet power role is safe. Sci is gonna pull a slot machine tonight, and has apparently nothing useful atm. So let me try to keep town afloat, hmm?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sandnavyguy posted:

Steak, I’m trying to come up with something so we don’t blindly lunch the guy that may in fact be our last cop.
People are sus enough At me I will be left alive as a lunch candidate, so I’m not worried about a night kill. Thus my sweet power role is safe. Sci is gonna pull a slot machine tonight, and has apparently nothing useful atm. So let me try to keep town afloat, hmm?

i think town is doing just fine without a cop so far, personally

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
##vote SNG

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Mr. Steak posted:

i think town is doing just fine without a cop so far, personally

Wait, so my plan to try and potentially use DB is bad because of the potential to kill him as town,

But your plan to lunch him and *definitely* kill him is somehow better?

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Oh look, a swing off of almost surely scum

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Fine, have it your way.

##vote DB

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

sandnavyguy posted:

Fine, have it your way.

##vote DB

:redhammer:

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:redhammer:

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Given how Bif claimed her overtly non-pro-town role and SNG was floating the idea that it was a tough vote for them because we could trust the survivor to help town blah blah

SNG could be scum for sure.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
:redhammer::ghost:oops i'm dead now :v: :ghost::redhammer:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Dick Bastardly, Weird Bushy Thing, is lunched!

quote:

You are TOWN-ALIGNED! You win when all threats to Town are completely eliminated!

You received some Purple Flavored Perma-Cop! You are an alignment cop and can ##Investigate someone during the night phase. You will learn what their alignment is. This role may be used an unlimited number of times and is a rare one! Good find 🙂

Night concludes in roughly 24 hours. Maybe sooner if we get actions in quickly enough.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Amnistar, Bald Anime Child has died!

quote:

You are TOWN-ALIGNED! You win when all threats to Town are completely eliminated!

You got a Fun Sized Peach Poisoner! At night, you can ##Poison a target. They won't die right away, but rather after the hammer the next day! This is a single use ability.

It is now Day Four.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (8): DGK2000, Idle Amalgam, Mr. Steak, ObamaAkbar., Retro Futurist, sandnavyguy, Scientastic, sirtommygunn

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 14th, 2020 at 7 p.m. PST -- that's in about 1 day, 9 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Hmmm